Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump

Thanks

Default Trump

I must be going crazy. He is making statements about running for president. I have watched him on several tv shows. What he says makes sense to me. He has declared bancrupty several times but always lands on his feet. Then again, I voted for Ross Peroit, twice.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Default Re: Trump

I could vote for him...specially against captain zero.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

the question is, who does donald trump know and who are his allies. at this point, it makes more sense to ally with china, but it would have to be a conditional alliance so that we keep our independence and economy. trump wants to give china the finger. on some level I agree. but that cannot be his entire selling point.

Thanks

I don't see making friends and allies from China either common sense or smart.

They are, regardless of the limited viewpoint you seem to have of the world, adversaries.

In fact all countries with the ability to put us "under" whether economically, militarily or some other way is an ADVERSARY.

I wish you would grasp this.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been seeing the interviews with Trump too. If it is not 'just' talk, he is making sense. At least more sense than the rest of the field. Of course, big 0 will be running again, so who gets put up against him? Boehner for the GOP? erm. no. He would lose that match. Palin? no. Too much of a lightning rod.

Thanks

I'd be OK with Trump on domestic policy issues. I just don't think he has the tact and finess for foreign policy.

Thanks

So far the field hasn't narrowed... but, if Trump runs, I'll help vote him in. If Palin runs, I will help vote her in (lightning rod or not).

We need people with no tact like Trump and tough people like Palin.

Fuck it, maybe I will run.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

wewt I vote for Rick!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I could vote for him...specially against captain zero.
    If it were Trump vs. 0, I suppose I'd vote for him since he is such a staunch Capitalist. I wouldn't like doing it but I think I'd like doing it more than I liked voting for McCain.

Trump says he donated to Rahm's Chicago campaign out of loyalty because Rahm's brother is Trump's publicist but, it was brought up on Rush Limbaugh's show by a caller that Trump has donated to other Dems and RINOs in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenbudda View Post
    the question is, who does donald trump know and who are his allies. at this point, it makes more sense to ally with china, but it would have to be a conditional alliance so that we keep our independence and economy. trump wants to give china the finger. on some level I agree. but that cannot be his entire selling point.
    I think China should get the finger. ALL Commies should get the finger and more! As the saying goes, "The only good Commie is a dead Commie (and in this case more aptly fascist)."

If there is anyone in that area of the world we need to ally with it is India who we've done a piss-poor job of allying with so far. They are (largely) a democratic society that is embracing Capitalism and as a whole is on the rise, though they do have a way to go. Russia, meanwhile, has been putting much effort into swaying India toward the Axis with many weapons and economic deals.

Thanks

sorry to be too cliche:

keep your enemies closer to you than your friends. that was my perspective.

Thanks

And foreign policy is all about tact and finess. If you don't have those, you stand alone because you don't have foreign policy that extends beyond your border.

Thanks

I would vote for Trump, if I had to. Looks like Newt is gonna run, I like him. Trump talks the talk, not sure if he walks it though. I'm sure he has skeletons in his closet, not sure if he wants to let them out. Oh, I also agree with Ryan and have been saying the same thing for years. India, India, India. Eff China.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I wasn't knocking Palin btw. I just do not think she can currently win as top ticket President. Perhaps with a better top ticket than McCain, she would. It is a tad early yet to see what will play out, but Palin has a lot of media whore trash to push aside. They assassinated her image badly to many. Not impossible to fix her branding, but it is a large order to fulfill.

Thanks

Hell, I'll vote for Rick,but we are gonna have to get a bigger boat!
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I see where you're coming from zen...

Like I said, I'll vote Trump if there's no other choice. But, of the people that have officially thrown their hats into the ring, so far I am getting behind Herman Cain. He's more than plenty Conservative and has plenty of executive experience running Godfather's Pizza.

Cain vs. Romney vs. Trump, I'll take Cain any day of the week. Those 3 have the business sense we need in this economy but of those Cain is the only one with real Conservative values.

However, if Allen West decides to run, I'll back him. He may not have the business sense Cain has but I like his directness and loyalty to his troops and America. That his speaking ability and military bearing look good on camera is a big plus!

Cain and West are my top two picks barring someone better coming along which I don't see happening just yet.

Thanks

I like Mr. Cain too. Mr. Godfather's Pizza! I used to love that stuff.

Trump is supposed to speak in a couple hours.... rumor has it, he's going to "throw down"...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

He'll be good for the GOP preliminaries and discussions in them. And I will give him credit for always speaking his mind. He doesn't seem to tailor his opinions to the audience he's in front of. He says what he thinks, which is unfortunately not typical for politicians.

Thanks

Don Trump Jr. is on FNC now.

Holy HELL! I will vote for HIM if he were to run for President.

WOW.

He said something like, "It's not acceptable to second best. This idea of 'we've been number one for so long, it's time to let others be number one' is simply not acceptable. We've been negotiating from a position of weakness and when you're America you should be negotiating from a position of strength. I think it is a great idea for him (Donald Trump) to run for President"

Sorry, that is paraphrased, I wasn't quick enough to dictate it precisely.

He was firm, and very powerful in his statement. If his Dad is anything like him (and he is I'm sure) then Trump I think will make a great President. I think his son would make a great President.

The attitude we need in this country is that we are a powerful nation and we don't negotiate with terrorists, and we only negotiation with those we we want to help or want something from and we do so from a position of strength, not weakness.

We need to balance our budget.

We need to stop GIVING to everyone outside this country.

We need to reinvest in our own country - NOT by giving money gleaned from taxes from the American people, but rather removing some of the damned regulations that prevent people from forming companies, and companies from accomplishing great things without costing them massive amounts of money.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Trump to headline Tea Party 'tax day' rally in Boca Raton

By George Bennett Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Updated: 6:22 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, 2011
    Posted: 6:20 p.m. Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Donald Trump waves after addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

In the latest sign that Donald Trump is giving serious thought to a 2012 Republican presidential bid, the South Florida Tea Party announced today that the billionaire and part-time Palm Beacher will be keynote speaker at a tea party rally in Boca Raton on April 16.

"This I think shows that he wants to talk to the average person and see how they feel about him running for president," South Florida Tea Party Chairman Everett Wilkinson said.

A Trump spokesman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Republican operative and longtime Trump friend Roger Stone says the appearance shows Trump is focusing on key primary states as he weighs a White House bid.

"Obviously Trump understands the importance of the Florida primary...His speaking in South Florida is a recognition of that," said Stone, who emphasized that he is not involved in Trump's exploratory efforts.

Stone, who advised Trump in 1999 when he considered a presidential run, said he hopes Trump runs in 2012 and guesses the chances he will are "somewhere around 8 out of 10."

Trump also agreed recently to speak in June at a state GOP dinner in Iowa, traditional site of the nation's first presidential caucuses.

Florida's primary is scheduled for January 2012, but the Republican National Committee is pressing the state to move it back to March to comply with national party rules.

The South Florida Tea Party's third annual "tax day" rally is scheduled for 1 p.m. on April 16 in Sanborn Square in Boca Raton. The group's first tax day rally, in West Palm Beach in 2009, featured then-underdog Republican Senate candidate Marco Rubio as keynote speaker.

A recent poll by Democrat-oriented Public Policy Polling for the liberal Daily Kos website found 46 percent of voters nationally have an unfavorable view of Trump, while 28 percent have a favorable opinion. Those who identify themselves as part of the tea party movement, however, viewed Trump favorably by a 49-to-18 percent margin, the poll found.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information