Thread: Chivalry Was Murdered by Zero Tolerance

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chivalry Was Murdered by Zero Tolerance

Chivalry Was Murdered by Zero Tolerance
    March 4, 2011

A Virginia middle school student has been suspended for . . . opening the door for a woman whose hands were full.

“Students are not allowed to open the doors, and if anyone does, they will be suspended,” said Dr. Wayne K. Smith, executive director of administration and personnel.

A districtwide policy prohibiting students and staff from opening doors to the outside was recently adopted after a $10,800 security system was installed at the middle school, Southampton High School, Southampton Technical Career Center and Nottoway, Meherrin and Capron elementary schools. Riverdale Elementary had a similar system installed when it was built three years ago.

All of the schools’ doors are locked during the day. Visitors must ring a buzzer and look into a camera before office personnel can let them in.

Smith said everyone knew about the policy and its consequences. The middle school student was the first to be suspended for opening a door. Smith did not say how many days of suspension the unidentified student received.
    You can't be too careful. Your average middle school, high school, or college can expect to see an on-campus shooting about once every 12,000 years. If Southhampton Middle School hasn't had at least one shooting since 10,000 B.C., they're really just on borrowed time.
    I would add to this when you start locking schools down like prisons, is it unreasonable when students start acting like prisoners?

Thanks

Default Re: Chivalry Was Murdered by Zero Tolerance

Feminism certainly didn't help either. Ever hold a door for a woman and she gets offended? Happens to me more often than you might think.

Thanks

When I was a young lad my Dad taught me that a gentleman opens the door for lady, I was round 7 or 8. The next time I went to the grocery store with my Mother, I entertained myself by opening the door for women shoppers. There was one older lady who called me a "rude little hooligan".
    My Mother was not pleased with her!

Later in life I opened the door for a date and was surprised at how offended she became. Bra buring bitch. Sometimes chivarly can be a confusing thing. I have found that older ladies appreciate the gesture.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Feminism certainly didn't help either. Ever hold a door for a woman and she gets offended? Happens to me more often than you might think.
    You know, I hold the door open all the time and this has thankfully never happened to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Later in life I opened the door for a date and was surprised at how offended she became. Bra buring bitch. Sometimes chivarly can be a confusing thing. I have found that older ladies appreciate the gesture.
    Should have taken her on one last date and slammed the door in her face after you walked through. She would have ended up looking like Marcia Brady post football impact!

Thanks

Let me tell you gentlemen a story. (I'm sure there are Ladies here too, but this story isn't for you).

In 1974 I was going to Cass Tech High School in downtown Detroit. I would catch a bus to school in the morning and transfer to another to drop me near the school.

In the evenings I walked from the school to the downtown stop for exercise, or to stop at the library, hit the soda bar (yep they had one in those days) and I used to catch the bus in front of a building (whose name escapes me at the moment).

One drizzly afternoon I saw a woman carrying a box of what looked like stuff out of her office trying to open a door to the side of the revolving doors. She was having trouble.

I left my spot in the bus line to assist her. I pulled open the door for her.

She stopped, looked at me with a look I can only describe as "hatred". She set the box on the wet ground .... and SLAPPED me.

Then she started yelling at me about being a "male chauvinist pig".

I was in shock. Mom and Dad always taught me to be polite, open doors for ladies, assist little old ladies across the street and in short to be chivalric about it all.

I went back to the end of the bus line, knowing I'd miss the next bus due to the crowd. When I came back, the men and women in that line made me go to the front of the bus line. One lady said to me, "Sonny, there are very few Knights left in the world. She said don't let that woman change your mind about being one."

I never did. I think most of the women I've met throughout my life, my wife and daughters included will tell you that I still am a gentleman (most of the time)....

But if I ever see bra-burning, feminist bitches.... I won't help them put out a fire.... even if it is on their own bodies.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I was raised a gentleman as well and will continue to be one. When I go on a date, I open the car door(which always scores huge), the bar door, hold her hair when she pukes, all that good stuff. So far it has never bit me in the ass like Luke.

Rick, I can't believe that woman. I reserve the c-word for women like that. And kudos to the people at the bus stop. Oh, one other thing, in 1974 I was 3.

Thanks

hahahahahahah "...hold her hair when she pukes..." been there, done that. LMAO.

Oh, one other thing, in 1974 I was 3.
    What? STFU! LOL!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Daily Caller News Foundation

Texas teen makes violent joke during video game, is jailed for months

8:02 PM 06/27/2013

Robby SoaveReporter, The Daily Caller News Foundation

A Texas teenager who has been in jail since March faces an eight-year prison sentence because of a threatening joke he made while playing an online video game.

In February, Justin Carter was playing “League of Legends” — an online, multiplayer fantasy game — when another player wrote a comment calling him insane. Carter’s response, which he now deeply regrets, was intended as joke.

“He replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” said Jack Carter, Justin’s father, in a statement to a local news channel.

The statements “lol” and “jk” — meaning “laughing out loud” and “just kidding” — indicate that Justin’s statement was entirely sarcastic, said his father.

But a Canadian woman who saw the post looked up Carter’s Austin address, determined that it was near an elementary school, and called the police. Carter was arrested one month later, and has been in jail ever since. He recently celebrated his 19th birthday behind bars.

Authorities charged him with making a terrorist threat. If convicted, he will face eight years in prison.

“These people are serious. They really want my son to go away to jail for a sarcastic comment that he made,” said the elder Carter.

Authorities noted that recent school shootings like the one in Newtown, Connecticut have caused them to evaluate all potential threats seriously. Newtown was still fresh in their minds at the time of Carter’s arrest.

“In light of recent situations, statements such as the one Justin made are taken seriously,” said an Austin police detective in a statement.

Carter’s father said his son didn’t follow the news at all.

“Justin was the kind of kid who didn’t read the newspaper,” said Jack Carter. “He didn’t watch television. He wasn’t aware of current events. These kids, they don’t realize what they’re doing. They don’t understand the implications. They don’t understand.”

Carter’s parents have launched a change.org petition to convince Texas Attorney General Greg Abbot to release their son.

“Release Justin Carter from jail,” the petition reads. “Too many teenagers are being arrested, jailed and having their lives forever altered because of anti-terrorism laws and investigations that impede their 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech.”

A hearing to review Carter’s case is scheduled for July 1.

Follow Robby on Twitter
    Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Tags: Zero Tolerance

Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information