Thread: Top Gear

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Top Gear

Been meaning to ask does anyone else watch what is quite possibly the best show... IN THE WORLD!

I am of course referring to the UK version and not, as the title states, that rather poor excuse of an American version.

I started watching it back at the start of series 15 and just watched the last episode of series 16 earlier this week.

I'm now planning on going back to the beginning and watching them all.

Thanks

Default Re: Top Gear

Never seen it. Then again, I don't see much on television. I have Fox on at work (cuz that's the feed) and at home... well, I don't have the TV even plugged in any more.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Weeellll... You don't know what you're missing!

When you're at home, check out Final Gear and you can find links to torrents of the episodes.

DEFINITELY recommend it if you like cool cars, adventure in varied locations around the world, and British humor (or should I say humour? ).co

Thanks

Just a heads up, the new season of Top Gear started tonight (Sunday).

New episode is up on Final Gear. Can't wait to watch it!

Thanks

Been a while since this thread has seen any activity but now is as good a time as any to resurrect it.

It looks like the BBC has fired Jeremy Clarkson after a dustup between him and a producer (it's been published widely on a number of British news sources and others).

From what it sounds like in the video below, James May may well be calling it quits with Clarkson. I suspect Richard Hammond will join them.

I'm betting all three will be starting a new show quite similar to Top Gear on another venue. Will be interesting to see what becomes of it.

The BBC has screwed up royally as Top Gear has one of the largest show audiences in the world. The Left at the BBC has been after Clarkson for a while and has finally gotten their kill. Funny thing is it will likely deal quite a blow to the BBC itself.

A real shame to see one of my favorite TV shows end with such ignominy.

Thanks

Ace at Ace of Spades blog posted about Jeremy's sacking. As I said, the Leftists at BBC have been gunning for Clarkson for a while.

BBC Confirms: Jeremy Clarkson to be Fired from Top Gear

March 25, 2015

End of the run.

I don't have a strong opinion on this. I do have a suspicion, though.

My suspicion is this: Despite the fact that I find myself nodding in agreement with Lord Hall's pronouncements that we must not have a different standard for those of high rank or public popularity, I believe that Britain does have precisely such double-standards, as does the BBC. The BBC, after all, let Jimmy Saville go around raping children for 40 years.

What I believe is that the left invokes General Principle and a Controlling Rule when it takes an unpopular position, claiming there are no exceptions to the rule.

The rule may be stern and unforgiving, the left tells us, but the rule is the rule, and society will fall if we admit exceptions to it.

It is only later, when the left wishes to spare one of its own from the stern application of the Controlling Rule that they suddenly inform you, "Oh well there are some exceptions here and there, you know."

When the Rule supports the Left, they invoke the Rule, and claim there are no exceptions possible in it; when the Rule runs against the Left, they start telling you that the Rule is cruel and senseless, unless it is supplemented by lots of humane Exceptions and Caveats.

In other words: They are always dishonest.

And make no mistake, the Left has it in for Jeremy Clarkson. He's said a few extremely minor racially "problematic" things, for which the vicious left has called for his head before.

So I can't fully disagree with the rule announced here: No exceptions. If you slap a producer (or whatever), you get fired.

But my very strong suspicion is that the next time a popular (within the left) BBC lefty gets in trouble for raping children, the BBC will say, "Well, you know Old Chap, in a Perfect World our presenters wouldn't be raping children, but in the real world, we have to expect a rape here or there..."

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after an "unprovoked physical attack" on a Top Gear producer, the BBC's director general has confirmed.

Tony Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion".

However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion".

Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, following what was called a "fracas" with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon.

The row, which took place in a Yorkshire hotel, was said to have occurred because no hot food was provided following a day's filming.

An internal investigation began last week, led by Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland.

It found that Mr Tymon took himself to hospital after he was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

"During the physical attack Oisin Tymon was struck, resulting in swelling and bleeding to his lip."

"For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations."

Yes well in two months, when a lefty's job is threatened, we will hear no more about the urgent need of one unforgiving standard.

I Didn't Even Have to Wait Two Months: In fact, the BBC is already punishing the Jimmy Saville whistleblowers for, I assume, making life difficult for those of high rank within the organization.

Nobody from John Humphrys in the morning to Evan Davis at night dares mention a scandal at the BBC. It undermines their reporting of every abuse whistleblowers reveal. It reinforces the dirty common sense of British life that you must keep your head down if you want to keep your job.

The scandal is simply this: the BBC is forcing out or demoting the journalists who exposed Jimmy Savile as a voracious abuser of girls. As Meirion Jones put it to me: "There is a small group of powerful people at the BBC who think it would have been better if the truth about Savile had never come out. And they aim to punish the reporters who revealed it."

I can't really quote more because the rest of it is proving this allegation by telling the stories of the people who worked on the Savile story being forced out of their jobs. I'd have to quote too much to present the evidence.

But it is worth reading.

Thanks

RIP Top Gear: Set Dismantled Following Clarkson Sacking

March 27, 2015

Top Gear is officially dead. For now, at least. The famous set is now being taken down by the BBC and stored away – while everything else is currently in limbo.

Photos have emerged from the legendary Dunsfold Park location where the popular motoring show was filmed in a hangar, and while part of the stage remains, pretty much everything else has been packed up ready for storage.

Plans for the future of the show are currently at a standstill, with Clarkson’s sacking and James May and Richard Hammond following him out the door, who knows what’s next for the legendary programme.

One thing is for sure.. If it IS revived. It will never be the same again. You were loved!

[via Mirror]

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Well, now that I've had some time to ponder this development regarding Jeremy Clarkson, I realize that I'm pretty bummed. I've been watching Top Gear for years now, the British version, not a knockoff. The show and its presenters have been thoroughly enjoyable. No matter how the show might be resurrected with different presenters, etc., it will never be the same. So, this event marks the end of an entertainment era. For what it's worth, I guess.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Had to add a photo for posterity

Thanks

Haha! That's a cool pic. Hadn't seen that before.

And LMFAO at The Stig!

(Though there should have been a black Stig in there, maybe 3rd)

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

You're right. Black Stig was in the middle chronologically, huh?

Name:  Black Stig.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  145.4 KB

Thanks

Yeah, that seems right though I'd have to go back and rewatch the early episodes to be sure.

And you're right. The show named Top Gear on the BBC will never be the same without Clarkson, May, and Hammond. Those 3 have a specific chemistry that just works. It's like a mystical aligning of the stars how that worked out.

You just cannot recreate things like this without those guys together:

One of the funniest scenes in the series! And you can tell that even though part of the scene may have been scripted by Clarkson and Hammond, the seemingly genuine reaction by May really shows he wasn't in on it.

Or the hilarious Reliant Robin road test:

Or the Ford Fiesta beach assault:

followed by a shopping mall chase:

Or their classic, unconventional races

Their exotic locales:

And finally, their amazing cinematography:

Hell, Top Gear is responsible for making me fall in love with the Jaguar XKR with this review (and the XKR is even better starting with the 2010 model year with a new 5.0L):

Just amazing television and the BBC killed it without ceremony.

I'm quite certain with the audience draw those 3 brought, they will be picked up elsewhere. Will it be called Top Gear? Probably not since Clarkson sold the rights to it to the BBC a little while back. But, I guarantee if those 3 are involved and bring the majority of the crew with them it will be just as excellent and maybe, just maybe, even better!

Thread Information