Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comet Elenin

Thanks

Default Comet Elenin

My dear friend Jim is caught up in the hype of Comet Elenin secretly being a Dwarf Star...
    Its hard to find any "facts" about this ball of ice.
    What have you heard or researched if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks again for your time.
    -Aramus

Thanks

Default Re: Comet Elenin

Haven't heard a thing yet Aramus... but if it is a comet, then it's a comet, regardless of what it was in a past life.

That means it's a ball of ice and snow and dust now.

Now, I did a QUICK and I mean very cursory look and found several sites claiming "Earth Changes" and "it's gonna hit us".

Here's one... that is REPUTABLE... http://www.skyandtelescope.com/commu...112431829.html

I don't see anything with any sort of ephemeris on there, thus, no one who is a real astronomer is concerned at the moment. I don't have the data to calculate it. I'm sure if you look though you can find a good tracking program and look harder for the ephemeris and you'll be able to plot it yourself.

Note also that "Daily KOS" is reporting on it - only right now they are copying everyone's stuff, so who knows which side they'll take on this one (Daily KOS being extremely leftist oriented).

Conspiracy theories abound... finding one with a grain of truth in it though is very difficult to do.

"End Times" are not yet my friends. I have too much left on this world to do.

And everyone is going to wait for me to finish it including the Universe.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Ok, so like... March 15th was supposed to be a pole shift.

Didnt happen. We're still here. Bullshit.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

i've been keeping track of this comet for a few months now, just in case not the brown dwarf business but the fact that it might get pretty close to big blue.

Thanks

http://cs.astronomy.com/asycs/forums...22/463627.aspx
    Comet Elenin Update prior to March 14 Opposition
    Centaur Posted: Sat, Feb 12 2011 01:12 PM Reply

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
    Comet C/2010 X1 Elenin is still headed our way. Its orbital eccentricity has most recently been calculated as 1.00058, which is hyperbolic but only slightly greater than parabolic. So it is apparently not periodic (non-returning), although that determination could change due to perturbations and more observational data. Its orbital plane is inclined only 1.841° to the Earth’s current ecliptic plane.
    Utilizing the latest JPL orbital elements (which are subject to change), I calculate that the comet will be in opposition (maximum angular solar elongation) to Sun on 2011 MAR 14 at a distance of 2.103 AU (astronomical units) from Earth. It will reach perihelion (closest to Sun) on SEP 10 at 0.481 AU from Sun. It will be at its ascending node passing northward through the ecliptic plane on SEP 14. It will be in inferior conjunction (minimum angular solar elongation) between Sun and Earth on SEP 26 while appearing to pass 1.8° north of Sun. It will be at perigee (closest to Earth) on OCT 16 at 0.242 AU.
    Utilizing equatorial coordinates of current date, during its time in the inner solar system the comet will reach a maximum southern declination of 5.6° on SEP 09, and a maximum northern declination of 30.7° on October 29.
    Utilizing JPL’s most recent magnitude parameters, the comet will be at magnitude +16.7 while in opposition on MAR 14. Its greatest brilliance would be expected at magnitude +6.0 on SEP 19. JPL admits that its magnitude slope parameter is merely assumed. I suspect it is somewhat conservative. The IAU is still predicting a peak magnitude of +3.8 during that same time frame.
    I’ve created five charts related to Comet Elenin and its upcoming apparition. They can be seen at http://www.curtrenz.com/comets
    Photos and descriptions of the comet would be welcome additions to this thread.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://astroblogger.blogspot.com/201...t-lump-of.html

Friday, March 11, 2011

Comet 2010 X1 Elenin: It's Just a Lump of Dirty Ice Guys

So I typed in just "Elenin" into a Certain Famous Web Search Engine, because I was too lazy to type in "Elenin aerith" to find comet 2010 X1's latest observations.

And wow, is there some crazy out there. Comet Elenin is a smoke screen to take our attention away from Nibiru, it's under intelligent control, its' going to hit Earth it's .. the origin of Nibiru AND it's going to hit Earth.

Look, it's just another relatively small lump of dirty ice that periodically comes close to the Sun, it can't hide a 4 Jupiter mass gas giant (we would have noticed), it's not going to hit Earth (we know it's orbit pretty well). No one has gotten all conspiracy-ey over C/2011 C1 McNaught, or A3 Gibs, or even C/2009 P1 Garrad which will be as bright as Elenin.

What is it about Elenin that makes it woo-tastic?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

typical bullshit post:

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1365102/pg1

Astronomy friend very worried about Comet Elenin...
    Suggest Pin Quote [+]
    Your Ad Here

Good friend of mine, one of the top amateur astronomers in the country says he is concerned at the distinct lack of information on this comet. Normally, the amateur astronomy world would be buzzing with information from fellow professionals,but this time they are reluctant or simply don't know what too say.
    One of his professional contacts did say that it was going to be a 'very close' pass, maybe 'too close'. That's asmuch as they know apart from the data already out there.
    "Top Amateur astronomers in the country"?

Top in what? What makes him top? There's no such thing. We're all amateurs except those who get paid for it...

"concerned at the distinct lack of information on this comet."?

What lack? I found all sorts in a few minutes of searching last night and today. Give me a break, only the information you don't want to find isn't there. That is, the information that is giving us where it will be, when....

Nonesense they won't say. Yes they are. Pay attention.

This is why that site (and Anomalies) is mostly no good to bother with these days.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

In keeping with allowing the other side to talk... /cough

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordp...-dwarf-nibiru/
    http://www.astrolpatriot.com/index.html
    http://www.astrolpatriot.com/binarystar.htm

NASA's response to the questions about this comet:

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-...tion/?id=14416

1. Question

So what the deal with comet elenin, there does not seem to be too much credible information. Everyone seems to be freaking out about it, but no one even knows how big it is. Does this comet pose a threat and what is its size and nature? AND I have read about comet Elenin and how some nasa people want to keep it a secret. what are the chances of it coming to earth and what threat does it bring with it, and has this comet got anything to do with 2012 hoax? AND Elinin is only .117 au from earth on mar 11,2011. From march 8 to mar 15, 2011, what are the chances that Elinin either impacts us, or gets close enough to cause a major catastrophy. Please be honest.

I have been receiving many questions about Comet Elenin. Many of them refer to the outrageous lies on some conspiracy theory websites, which are amplified by people who seem to think this comet is highly unusual. It is not unusual, and it is not a threat to Earth. See the Wikipedia article on this comet [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2010_X1] for more information. C2010 X1 Elenin (to give its full name) is a long-period comet, which takes about 10,000 years to complete one orbit around the Sun. It was discovered with a robotic telescope in New Mexico on 10 December 2010 by Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin. When comets or asteroids are first discovered, their orbits are quite uncertain; usually it takes several months of observations to firmly establish the orbit. Elenin's perihelion (closest to the Sun) is in early September 2011 at a distance from the Sun of 40-45 million miles. It will be closest to Earth on about 16 October, at a distance of about 21 million miles, which is nearly a hundred times farther than the Moon. The comet never comes close to the Earth, but it is expected to be visible in binoculars during August and October. Part of the Internet chatter concerns its size. Comets are exceedingly small and enveloped in a tenuous cloud of gas and dust, so the only way to be sure of their actual dimensions is to visit with a spacecraft. Half a dozen comets have been the target of spacecraft missions, and all of them (even Comet Halley) are less than 10 km in diameter. There is no reason to think Elenin is any different. This means its mass is less than one billionth the mass of the Earth. Needless to say, we will not be aware of the tiny gravitational pull from Elenin. In spite of these simple facts, some websites (such as godlikeproductions) are making wild claims that Elenin will hit the Earth, or disturb our orbit, or cause tides, or interact with our magnetic field. Such claims are pure fiction. One of the worst examples is a video that someone posted on the NASAbuzzroom website that claims that the magnetic field of the comet will cause a large shift in the rotation axis of the Earth and produce mega-earthquakes on March 15, 2011. It is hard to imagine anyone would take this seriously. Comets don't have magnetic fields, and magnetic fields can't change the rotation axis or cause earthquakes no matter how large they are. Adding to the craziness is a claim that this same comet caused the Earth's axis to shift by 3 degrees in February 2010 and caused the Chile Earthquake. These are simply lies; the comet was far away a year ago, and there was no change whatever in Earth's rotation axis. The Chile earthquake was a normal slippage in an active fault that has produced many previous earthquakes, including the one witnessed by Charles Darwin in 1835. Please remember that just because someone says he or she is from NASA doesn't make it true. Many people who post YouTube videos lie about their affiliation. Incidentally, only NASA is allowed to use the NASA logo, the blue circle with the word NASA and a satellite orbiting around it.

David Morrison
      Astrobiology Senior Scientist

March 1, 2011
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://thetruthbehindthescenes.wordp...-dwarf-nibiru/

I might have posted this link above.

I reposted it because I'm actually reading it right now. What a load of shit!

No wonder people are going NUTS over this comet.... let me quote a few things to show you what I mean...

HAARP
    HAARP! The horrificearthquake weapon HAARP (which can also cause spacequake) A military funded project under both the U.S. Air Force and the Navy
    According to Benjamin Fulford: HAARP is responsible for the Earthquake 8.9 JAPAN originated in New Mexico and Nevada, U.S. The New Madrid fault line is the next target in the South-Western United States.

“INTELLIGENT CONTROL” and WEATHER MANIPULATION?
    Could it be that a celestial object is under some type of “intelligent control”
    Russian Warning Issued Over “Controlled” Comet Headed Towards Earth

The Sun
    As said, the Sun has been “off track” for the last 2 years and after four years without any X-flares, the sun has produced two of the powerful blasts in less than one month: Feb. 15th and March 9th. This continues the recent trend of increasing solar activity associated with our sun’s regular 11-year cycle, and confirms that Solar Cycle 24 is indeed heating up, as solar experts have expected. Solar activity will continue to increase as the solar cycle progresses toward solar maximum, expected in the 2013 time frame.

(The sun is "off"? I suspect that the charts I use sailing, the sextant and all the almanacs are "off" too then?)

THE MOON
    There Is Something Wrong With The Sun Moon & Earth. Taking into account a possible Planet X Saying, "A potentially viable Newtonian candidate would be a trans-Plutonian massive object like Planet X"
    What has happened To The Moon it looks to be almost 90 degrees out of kilter !
    If the Moon does not Rotate And the Sun is always at the centre of our little corner of the Universe
    What does this say about the orbit of The Earth, it's Rotation ? Something Strange & Unusual has happened Or is Happening !

A major Earth change event is set to occur.
    That event is a geophysical pole shift of planet Earth relating to the arrival of a celestial body referred to by many as ’Nibiru’, along with the passage of incoming asteroids.
    Source: Poleshift2012.com – article -prepare for earth changes
    Prior to the shift
    The first sign of a major pole shift is the red dusting that all of us will see and the second sign is the Earth’s rotation STOPS meaning either a very long night or day!! The wobble has stopped and it’s confirmed. The NAC belt is DEAD. The pole is moving very fast now. After that you got max 6 hours before the shift begins. By the way that red dust is VERY DEADLY, and you have to be well covered like for example in some cave or underground. It lasts for a couple of hours. It contains iron material.
    The Earth slows in its rotation, and actually stops. This is recorded in written history and spoken folklore, worldwide, as a long day or night. The explanation for slowing rotation resulting in a stopped rotation during the week prior to the shift is that the passing planet grips the Atlantic Rift magnetically, Atlantic Stretch, Pacific Compression, so the Earth does not turn past this grip.
    Source and read full article including an explanation of each topic at: Earth-Issues.com

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Honestly folks.... the world isn't going to stop turning.

If a pole shift occurs, it will occur quickly and you won't see it happen. There might be some problems with electrical systems for a while... but it won't caught quakes, shifts in the moon, sun, Earth's axis or any thing else.

North will stop being north and be south (as far as magnets are concerned).

We will still have "North" at the top of the maps and "South" at the south.

We'll just recalibrate our compasses.

If this comet turns out to be anything other than a comet I'll just say "Fair winds" because there won't be any.

However... if this were the so-called "Nibiru" we should have started seeing it many years ago, 20 perhaps on a 3600 year orbit. I have extreme doubts any such thing exists on a large, planetary scale. Comets, certainly, and many, many pieces of rocks are flying around out there.

And they might hit us.

But it won't be a planet, rogue dwarf star or anything like that. It will be as asteroid.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Some random comments I've found all over the internet in regard to this comet. Note, I've edited some of this for clarity (adding spaces in paragraphs and such):

It is funny that there is not much real news out there regarding this. It is my understanding that Google has even blocked out that area of space.

I did also hear that the 15th was supposed to be active on Earth as a result of the comet and the alignment with the sun, Earth, Mars, Big J and S. I have heard that this will be only the first of three earth shakes resulting from this comet, each progressively worse then the other.

The Russians seem to think it is going to come very close, something like 0.002Au; but then they also seem to think that the comet is being "intellegently controled".

I guess my biggest concern is the lack of any real news in the media about the comet at all. The silence seams defening. http://www.2012connect.com/forum/topics/comet-elenin
    Reply by mad cowboy on March 8, 2011 at 7:22am

So far I have only seen the comet story on one page and they are not a reliable news source. What does it mean uses a Lot of Russian sources , while it could be true , it could be because they are saying things they dont want you to check them on. A little hint I just had this discussion about this for the maybe hundreth time. It always starts with if planet X was there somebody meaning like NASA or esea would tell us. so if there was something happening the government corporations would tell us.
    It seems many think there is NO NEWS about this at all, Google has "blocked that area of space"....

Back on Ask an Astrobiologist, a person recently questioned about Comet Elenin:

"Question: I've recently heard about the discovery of comet Elenin, which is scheduled to come close to earth around October-November 2011 – Is it possible it will be an extinction level event? AND Comet Elenin: How close to earth will it get? And can we expect it to cause any damage? AND I have read that Russian scientists are now predicting that asteroid Apophis will impact the Earth April 13 2036 causing terrible damage. I understand that the Russians are planning a mission to stop the asteroid."

Some people even say that the amateur skywatcher Leonid Elenin's name is really code for ELE-nin, or extinction level event. See what I mean about the conspiracies?

"ANSWER: Both Comet Elenin and Asteroid Apophis are real, but these concerns about collisions are without foundation. Unfortunately there are a few popular websites that are known for suggesting multiple catastrophes, including popularizing the 2012 hoax. Two that show up in any search for “Comet Elenin” are godlikeproductions and abovetopsecret, both of which predict either a very close pass by Earth or a collision. If instead you consult dependable websites like wikipedia and skyandtelescope you will find that Comet Elenin will come nowhere near the Earth. At its closest (on 10 September 2011) it will be more than 25 million km from our planet." http://the-end-time.blogspot.com/201...is-coming.html
    http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-...tion/?id=14223
    In this one, the blog is called "The Endtime Blogspot" - which apparently is somewhat religious in nature. This fellow at least explains that these conspiracy theories are create out of desperation - because, as he puts it, the scientific data isn't condensed and explained by the media to the satisfaction of the people reading it. Meaning, simply, a lack of education.

If folks had a better grasp of, say physics, they wouldn't be blathering on about how comets cause earthquakes. If people actually studied astronomy and grasped the vast distances out there, then the argument of a "rogue planet" (like Nibiru) would become moot.

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

New postby starbiter » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am

I'm surprised no one responded to this earlier. This could end the use of electricity on our planet for generations if the comet tail brushes the Earth, or not. The negative charge Nitai refers to could produce many Tunguska, Chicago Fire type events. With our reliance on vulnerable metallic circuits, a flyby through the negatively charged comet tail could make survivalist skills essential. I wouldn't want to be in a large city with no electricity for years.

Maybe realtors will start looking at caves in the mountains.

michael
    http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/p...php?f=3&t=4132
    "This could end the use of electricity on our planet for generations if the comet tail brushes the planet..."

Absolutely unbelieveable flase claim. We have had several comets brush the atmosphere. Of course I suppose we didn't have electricity at the time so perhaps we'd have had it SOONER if that didn't happen?

Seriously, comets are giant balls of dust, water ice and debris. The pressure of SUNLIGHT causes the tails of the comets to grow. Now, don't you think (using deductive reasoning) if indeed the comet tail is merely dust and the pressure of the sunlight itself is enough to push it away from the comet, wouldn't colliding with the atmosphere be rather... bad for the comet, rather than the Earth?

Given the fact that comets are rarely over a few hundred yards in diameter, the gravity of Earth is a significant factor in the course of the comet if it comes close. Most likely if it comes as close as I've ready (a fraction of an AU) then Earth might actually tweak the orbital position of that comet and make it a fast returning comet. On the other hand it might be enough to cause it to twist into the sun and die. It might cause it to push away enough that the sun's gravity pushes it on out of the solar system forever, perhaps plunging into some distant star in billions of years from now.... who knows?

In any case, it's not going to take down the power on the planet. Period.

Been looking into this thing. I've got some questions.

This thing smells fishy.

My first issue. The name. In the movie Deep Impact ... here is a link to the Wiki ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_(film)

In this movie, a comet named ELE was about to plow right into Earth. ELE stands for Extinction Level Event. ELE ... Elenin.

In the movie, Deep Impact, apparently the name of the guy who discovered ELE was named Leo ... who "discovered ELEnin? Leonid Elenin ... Leo.

Also hidden in the name ELEvin NINe. 9-11 reversed ... apparently the track of ELEnin will take it closest to our sun on guess what day ... 9-11-2011.

In addition to all of this ... Google News shows ONE return when you type Comet Elenin in their news search. Bullshit, it's been in many news articles! It leads us to a page about a blizzard in Brittish Coulmbia,

Check it out. http://www.opinion250.com/blog/view/...owfall+sets+ne...

Interesting location ... British Columbia ... B.C. which reminds me of the Bohemian Club ... B C

Earth will begin passing through the debris field on 11-9-11. Which of course is damn close to 11-11-11.

Many seem to think this thing is actually Planet Fucking X. Which is "out there" ... for sure. That said,

Of course the story goes .... The Anunnaki were also called the "El's" in the Bible. Fucking weird right?

Many videos coming out of 2 suns lately too.

So my questions. What is the deal with this "comet"?

Penny for your thoughts.

http://ufozone.ning.com/forum/topics...-seriously-wtf
    Seriously? You've been "looking into this"? Right.
    Wow. 11-11-11 is damned close to 11-9-11. And, you know, ELE means Extinction Level Event (it really doesn't!)

Actually, the guy in the movie who discovered the comet was Leo Biederman, and it was named "Wolf-Biederman" not "leo" or "ele". At the beginning of the movie they talked about Ellie, thinking this was a female mistress of the Tresury secretary... anyway, there's not much to see but a few coincidences. I highly doubt Hollywood predicted this thirteen years ago. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_%28film%29)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Welcome to EarthPulseDaily POST

The place where Earth and energy meet.

Share |

April 11, 2011

NASA's buzz about comet Elenin

Posted by EarthPulseDaily on Monday, March 14, 2011 Under: environment

IMAGE: NASA JPL

NASA posted a video on their website Buzzroom last week, bringing attention to a recently discovered comet in our solar system. The comet was discovered by Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin in December last year. Comet Elenin, as it is called, is of particular interest to NASA because of the close proximity to Earth that its orbit will reach during its turn around the sun on its way back out through the solar system later this year.

Most orbits of planets are not circles; they are ellipses. The elongated ends of elliptical orbits are called aphelions and perihelions; the aphelion being the end farthest away from the stationary object being orbited, and perihelion being the end closest to the stationary object. In Elenin's case, its trip around our sun represents the comet's perihelion.

So little is known about this comet because of its relatively recent-discovery status, therefore, information regarding its size, mass, and orbit still vary widely or are missing altogether due to a lack of observational data. Still, astrophysicists have been plugging away at Elenin ever sine it was discovered last year.

NASA’s put a video up in their Buzzroom about Elenin, but it is not there anymore [it is on YouTube]. It was probably pulled down more due to its amateur nature rather than as part of any grand conspiracy theory, but the relative silence by NASA and the mainstream media regarding Elenin has the Armageddon chatrooms abuzz with theories of doom and gloom.

The fact, though, that conspiracy and end-of-the-world chatrooms are abuzz with tales of human annihilation does not discount the reality of this space object. It is real.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory has an interactive diagram of Elenin’s orbit with the known information about the object plugged into variable positions. What is known is that Elenin is scheduled to make its perihelion turn around the sun in August of this year [2011]. Shortly after making its u-turn, Elenin will perform a fly-by of Earth, coming within 21,000,000 miles of Earth. As a point of reference, the moon is roughly 240,000 miles from Earth.

Elliptical orbits with very long-periods, meaning the length of time it takes for them to complete their elliptical journey back to the starting point, are very difficult to calculate on moving bodies. Slight variations in measurements relating to the placement of the object over a given time can result in substantial differences in the measurement of the orbital period, meaning the length of time it takes the object to travel from perihelion to aphelion and back again.

In Elenin’s case, due to its recent discovery, not enough information has been taken to accurately define its period. In addition, measurements of Elenin’s path within our solar system have varied wildly since its discovery due to perturbation by the planets, meaning the gravity of larger objects in space can push and pull the comet, giving astrophysicists on Earth who are trying to measure its path difficulty in calculating its future position based upon its present trajectory.

While astrophysicists have identified the current path of Elenin with some degree of accuracy, the length of time it takes Elenin to complete its ellipse is not so well defined. Based upon one set of data, Elenin’s period could be 11,000 years; based upon another set of data, the period is 600,000 years. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but that is a large margin of possibilities. Most likely, this is why NASA is mum on the object; no one likes to look dumb, and astrophysicists are particularly sensitive in this area. Me, I'm genuinely curious on this one, so I'll take the risk.

Space distance is measured in astronomical units [a.u.], with 1 a.u. being the distance from the Earth to the sun. That being said, Elenin is currently estimated to pass within 0.24 a.u. of Earth after it makes its turn around the sun and begins heading back out into space. It should be clarified here that the exact position of Elenin as it passes by Earth is still unknown, so people who say it will hit Earth are just as inaccurate as those that are saying it will not.

There is a lot of space and a lot of objects in between where it is now and its approach to Earth that could affect its path, and the slightest push or pull could magnify dramatically over the course of 100 million miles. In addition, gravitational forcings of planets in the inner solar system as they align themselves during the comets incoming path could act as a forcing mechanism that either causes the 0.24 a.u. to either widen or shrink.

Elenin has recently entered the inner solar system and should pass through Mars orbit by the end of June sometime. There are several alignments that happen between then and its rendezvous with Earth that could alter its trajectory slightly.

The ecliptic is a horizontal field created by the planets and sun orbiting on a relatively flat plane. Many of these long-period objects do not travel along the ecliptic plane. They either come up from below the ecliptic, cross the ecliptic, and travel out above the ecliptic plane, or they do the opposite. In Elenin’s case, it will cross the ecliptic on September 11, 2011, and shortly thereafter line up with Mercury, the Sun, and the Earth. There is no telling how such an alignment on the ecliptic plane will affect the trajectory of Elenin.

From October 10-24, 2011 comet Elenin is forecast to be within 0.25 a.u. of Earth, according to NASA JPL diagram.

JPL small-body database browser, C/2010 X1 [Elenin]; NASA
    Comet Elenin is coming [video]; NASA Buzzroom [pulled]
    Comet Elenin, jewel of night skies; Suite101
    C/2010 X1; Wikipedia
    Elenin on collision course with Earth; Associated Content
    Bright prospects for comet Elenin; Sky and Telescope
    Influence of giant planets on C/2010 X1; SpaceObs

___
    CAUTION:
    You have reached the end of factual information on Elenin.

In the modern world that we are living in, Elenin is simply a comet, but since the beginning of time, space objects have fascinated mankind, inspiring stories that have been passed down for millenia. Even though technology has taken over our lives and the magic has been sucked out of the natural world, the stories still exist, and on a certain plane, long-period time, these stories ARE reality. We just happen to be living in a time when our short-sightedness is running headstrong into long-period time, and in some ways, our space knowledge through technology is just beginning to catch up to that held by the ancients.

There are two stories that describe human short-sightedness within long-period time I want to mention; the first is the story of the Blue Star and Red Star Kachinas in Hopi Prophecy. According to these stories, the Blue Star Kachina acts as a warning, an alarm bell, that announces the imminent arrival of the Red Star Kachina. The story is about the cyclical nature of life; it is a story about humanity forgetting to remember its purpose; it is a story of destruction and purification; it is a story repeated a thousand times throughout history; and as always, it is ultimately a story of renewal.

The other story comes from the Sumerians. The Sumerians referred to an ancient planet called Nibiru, the 12th planet of our solar system. It was a rogue planet, causing havoc in our solar system as it passed through because its orbit was in the opposite direction of the planets. When it appeared, it did so in the shape of a red cross in the night sky before flipping the Earth's poles.

Combining the two stories, this is the Red Star Kachina that sits in judgement as life on Earth is reset.

There is a lot of the information online regarding stories relating to near-earth misses from heavenly bodies, and it is all incredibly cryptic and mostly contradictory when compared together. The information provided here on the Hopi and Sumerian is done so as to give a sampling of the saner rambling explanations of an incredibly complex topic, that is, long-period time, a topic coming to light more so each day as the end of the Mayan calendar approaches 12.21.2012, a topic based upon such complex heavenly motions that NASA can’t even explain its meaning yet using modern world high-tech gadgetry. To dismiss these ancient stories is to dismiss the majesty and complexity of the planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe that we live within.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Here's one of the funnier ones I found. LOL

Comet Elenin is surrounded in conspiracy theories, all more ridiculous than the last. Among these theories are claims that Leonid Elenin (the discoverer) doesn’t exist, that Elenin is a code for “extinction level event, nibiru is near.” Obviously if the governments of this world wanted to keep something secret, they would use the monstrously impossible to break code of “lets just use the first letter.” If you really believe that, they tell me this, why didn’t they name it with pig latin? There are also theories that its magnetic field will cause a pole shift here on the Blue Planet, but comets have a nearly nonexistent magnetic field. This is because their magnetic fields are induced by the solar wind and the ionized gas they release. All in all, Elenin will be a wonderful sight to behold, and we should all look forward to the beauty it will bless us with. Get your binoculars, cameras and long range lenses ready!!! Ask an astrobiologist; elenin and 2036 asteroid astrobiology.nasa.gov Elenin ask and Astrobiologist astrobiology.nasa.gov Skyandtelescope.com elenin www.skyandtelescope.com Wiki, comets in general en.wikipedia.org Nucleus of Comets. Wiki en.wikipedia.org Asteroid and Comet FAQ from NASA neat.jpl.nasa.gov Proof of the Existence of Leonid Elenin iasc.hsutx.edu My mission statement to define why I make these vids www.youtube.com
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://www.usmessageboard.com/scienc...nin-comet.html

Astronomer Tracking Instructions For The Elenin Comet
    This topic is all about providing every amateur astronomer the tools needed to point your telescope in the right direction for tracking the Elenin Comet (Wiki). You must have Google Earth (download) installed on your computer that hopefully has sufficient capabilities to execute a file that holds all the Elenin coordinates. Open your Google Earth program and hit 'View' then 'Explore' then 'Sky.'

Elements and Ephemeris for C/2010 X1 (Elenin)

Now open the link and move down until you see the KML file link:

http://ubasti.cfa.harvard.edu/~cgi/BuildKML?o=CK10X010&d=c

Download the KML file to your computer. Now with Google Sky running execute the file. Some people have complained that their system cannot perform this function. You should be looking at a series of yellow pins showing the daily position of our ELE object like this:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/Terral03/ELE.jpg

Zoom in carefully to note the pinned information shows the dates that came from the ELE coordinate data. Now you can pinpoint the exact location of this object, before heading out to use the telescope.

ELEnin Current Position:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../ELE472011.jpg

Today our Elenin object passes directly over 58 Leo in the direction of a straight line drawn between 58 Leo and 59 Leo above. Tomorrow (4/09/2011) this Elenin object crosses that 58 Leo/59 Leo line directly in between these two reference points. This ELEnin object (link) will be located directly below NGC 3423 on 4/17/2011 going into 4/18/2011. Happy hunting.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Same guy, different site. LOL

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1368630/pg1

Twenty Five Symptoms Of Nibiru
    Suggest Pin Quote [+]
    Your Ad Here

Greetings to All:

This is a short list of twenty five symptoms of Nibiru the brown dwarf with multiple moons in the alignment of an 'X' [link to i29.photobucket.com] in pictures from a south pole observatory telescope. These symptoms include but are not limited to:

1. Massive migrating animal deaths taking place all over the globe [link to www.rawstory.com]
    2. Major super storm floods taking place everywhere [link to happydude88.blogspot.com]
    3. Magnetic pole migration that have been going on since 2004 [link to www.foxnews.com]
    4. Irregular weather causing food shortages [link to science.segnalafeed.com]
    5. Increased volcano eruptions [link to raincoaster.com]
    6. Increased earthquakes [link to earthquake.usgs.gov]
    7. The wobble in the earth's rotation getting worse [link to poleshift.ning.com]
    8. Sunrise coming 2 days early in Greenland [link to poleshift.ning.com]
    9. Yellowstone ground bulging from active magma swells [link to theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com]
    10. No media coverage [link to www.godlikeproductions.com] of Planet X/Comet Elenin calculated to pass only 21.6 million miles from earth [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
    11. FEMA buying food and supplies for an expected New Madrid Fault Catastrophe [link to offgridsurvival.com]
    12. Severe winter weather [link to dailycaller.com]
    13. Airports closing down to remark their runways [link to www.theblaze.com] over magnetic pole migration.
    14. Rogue tides from rising oceans [link to www.abc.net.au]
    15. Sea Level Strangeness [link to poleshift.ning.com]
    16. Moon out of place [link to query.nytimes.com]
    17. Increased solar radiation [link to www.santiagotimes.cl]
    18. Increased sink hole activity [link to poleshift.ning.com] and large cracks forming [link to addins.wrex.com]
    19. Global Warming of all planets in our solar system (story).
    20. Unprecedented changes in sun and planets [link to www.angelfire.com]
    21. Wacky Compasses [link to www.youtube.com]
    22. Leaky magnetic field [link to dsc.discovery.com]
    23. Weather/climate-induced food shortages [link to www.qando.net]
    24. Mega solar flare activity [link to news.yahoo.com] and [link to news.yahoo.com]
    25. Global ocean conveyor disruption [link to www.windows2universe.org]

This list could grown to more than a thousand things that are going wrong on the earth for the same reason, as this link [link to www.heartland.org] describes 600+ things caused by global warming alone. The lying science community and media and our corrupt politicians want you to believe that human beings are causing all of these problems [link to www.skepticalscience.com] when in reality they are all caused by the approach of a brown dwarf entering our inner solar system for a once every 3600-year orbit around our Sun. My Planet X/Nibiru/ELEnin Brown Dwarf Event Timeline [link to www.godlikeproductions.com] has the most comprehensive analysis and commentary describing a chronological sequential timeline of events than you can find anywhere on the internet. Google [link to www.google.com] , NASA, the US Govt and the Media are doing everything possible to hide Nibiru [link to www.usmessageboard.com] from the people in order to avoid sending the global population into panic, when in reality they are withholding valuable lifesaving information as accomplices to deliberate global genocide.

[link to www.youtube.com]

This Is What Google/NASA/Govt Do Not Want You To See

Supposedly in December 2010 an Russian discovered a mystery comet approaching earth [link to www.sott.net] named LEOnid ELEnin [link to www.godlikeproductions.com] using a little 18-inch telescope, which stands for Extinction-Level Event from Leo Constellation. NASA provided us with the ELEnin Comet orbit diagram data [link to ssd.jpl.nasa.gov] to create the illusion that these Nibiru ‘Events’ will be a harmless comet show. This supposed comet (brown dwarf) reaches perigee position on September 11, 2011 exactly ten years after the 9/11 attacks. The third conjunction alignment takes place on November 22, 2011, or the same day that JFK was murdered. The Global Banksters, their bought-and-paid-for corrupt politicians and their Media mogals are right now loading food and supplies into underground bunkers [link to hubpages.com] in preparation for Nibiru, while you are being left out of the information loop to be caught by surprise on March 4, 2011, when the brown dwarf breaks through the solar ecliptic plane. FEMA is preparing for Nibiru under the disguise of getting ready for a New Madrid Fault Line Catastrophe [link to www.louisianapreppersnetwork.com] while you sit there unprepared.

[link to www.youtube.com]

The House of Rothschild (planned and financed 9/11 attacks [link to www.usmessageboard.com] siphoned off all your wealth with his Global Banking Cartel and is now printing the fiat dollar to oblivion to destroy the US/Global Economies to now lead the world to war. Then he can finance both sides all over again like in Nazi Germany with Adolf Hitler and his concentration camps and gas ovens and railway cars filled with Jews and then lye for shoveling out into mountains of fertilizer to feed his master race. The number one reason that the USA is destroyed [link to www.usmessageboard.com] is because you allowed a Rothschild central bank [link to www.captaincanadacrusades.ca] to set up shop and steal you blind and the Rockefeller’s and Morgan’s and their lot are his American Bankster little helpers.

All of these things have a common denominator and they all point to the approach of a brown dwarf between the size of Jupiter and the Sun that has been affecting Earth climate, magnetic field, orbit and tilt since about 2004 and the symptoms are about to become FAR worse after March 4, 2011. I have gone to great effort in order to present you with the red pill [link to www.comicbookbin.com] so that you can wake up from the Media-induced trance and see the real world and what is about to happen; or you can laugh with the trolls and shills to wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

I personally am hoping all of this is a dream and hoping for the best, while also prepping for the worst-case scenario and so should you.

GL,

Terral
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

And at the same time frame... we have... a GIANT ASTEROID HEADED RIGHT FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42494593...science-space/

Earth to get very close look at a huge asteroid

Flyby in November sparks extensive campaign for all kinds of observations

Advertise | AdChoices

Arecibo Observatory / Michael Nolan

The near-Earth asteroid named 2005 YU55 — on the list of potentially dangerous asteroids — was observed with the Arecibo Telescope's planetary radar on April 19, 2010, when it was about 1.5 million miles from the Earth, which is about six times the distance to the moon.

By Leonard David

updated 4/8/2011 12:34:37 PM ET

Mark your calendars for an impressive and upcoming flyby of an asteroid that’s one of the larger potentially perilous space rocks in the heavens – in terms of smacking the Earth in the future.

It’s the case of asteroid 2005 YU55, a round mini-world that is about 1,300 feet in diameter. In early November, this asteroid will approach Earth within a scant 0.85 lunar distances.

Due the object’s size and whisking by so close to Earth, an extensive campaign of radar, visual and infrared observations are being planned.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 was discovered by Spacewatch at the University of Arizona, Tucson’s Lunar and Planetary Laboratory on Dec. 28, 2005. En route and headed our way, the cosmic wanderer is another reminder about life here on our sitting duck of a planet.

Close and big

“The close Earth approach of 2005 YU55 on November 8 is unusual since it is close and big. On average, one wouldn’t expect an object this big to pass this close but every 30 years,” said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA’s Near-Earth Object Program Office and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.

Yeomans said that with new radar capabilities at Goldstone in California — part of NASA’s Deep Space Network — there is a good chance of obtaining radar imaging of 2005 YU55 down to the 5-meter resolution level. Doing so, he said, would mean obtaining higher spatial resolution of the object than that attained by recent spacecraft flyby missions.

“So we like to think of this opportunity as a close flyby mission with Earth as the spacecraft,” Yeomans told Space.com. “When combined with ground-based optical and near-infrared observations, the radar data should provide a fairly complete picture of one of the larger potentially hazardous asteroids,” he said.

Advertise | AdChoices

Asteroid 2005 YU55 is a slow rotator. Because of its size and proximity to Earth, the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Mass., has designated the space rock as a “potentially hazardous asteroid.”

Dishing it out
    “We’re already preparing for the 2005 YU55 flyby,” said Lance Benner, a research scientist at JPL and a specialist on radar imaging of near-Earth objects. He said part of the plan is to observe the asteroid with radar using both the huge Arecibo dish in Puerto Rico and equipment at Goldstone.

“The asteroid will approach from the south, so Goldstone has the first chance to observe it due to its declination coverage,” Benner told Space.com.

To help coordinate the observing campaigns, “Radar Observations Planning” websites have been set up for this unusual occasion, Benner said.

“This flyby will be the closest by any near-Earth asteroid with an absolute magnitude this bright since 1976 and until 2028,” Benner added. “Having said that, nobody saw 2010 XC15 during its close flyby within 0.5 lunar distance in 1976,” he said, noting that this asteroid wasn’t discovered until late in 2010.

“Thus, the flyby by 2005 YU55 will be the closest actually observed by something this large, so it represents a unique opportunity,” Benner said. “In a real sense, this will provide imaging resolution comparable to or even better than a spacecraft mission flyby.”

1. More space news from MSNBC Tech & Science

1. Pat Rawlings / NASA
        Counting down to a mission to Mars Science editor Alan Boyle's Weblog: Now that the International Space Station is complete, NASA is touting it as a test bed for future voyages to Mars. But when will those voyages start?
      2. Space shuttle legacy: 30 years of historic feats
      3. Did black hole cause powerful star explosion?
      4. Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo soars over S.F.

Radar paint
    Benner said that because the asteroid is zooming by Earth so very close, radar echoes will be extremely strong. One facility at Goldstone will be used to transmit and “radar paint” the object … another Goldstone dish is on tap to snag the reflected echo of radar data.

What can radar do?

Information collected by this technique, for example, can be transformed into 3-D shapes, with surface features and spin rates identified. The asteroid’s roughness and density also can be assessed. Furthermore, radar can improve the whereabouts of the object. By greatly shrinking uncertainties for newly discovered meandering NEOs, that in turn enables motion prediction for decades to centuries.

As for seeing the asteroid with small telescopes, start getting your gear ready.
    Initially, the object will be too close to the sun and too faint for optical observers. But late in the day (Universal Time) on Nov. 8, the solar elongation will grow sufficiently to see it. Early on Nov. 9, the asteroid could reach about 11th magnitude for several hours before it fades as its distance rapidly increases, Benner explained.

Leonard David has been reporting on the space industry for more than five decades. He is past editor-in-chief of the National Space Society's Ad Astra and Space World magazines and has written for Space.com since 1999.

Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information