Thread: Final Disposition of the Shuttle Fleet

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Final Disposition of the Shuttle Fleet

Looks like the shuttle fleet will be headed to the following locations:

Atlantis - Kennedy Space Center, Florida
    Discovery - Smithsonian, Washington D.C.
    Endeavor - California Science Center, California
    Enterprise - Intrepid Museum, New York

These selections were nothing more than bullshit political gamesmanship with all of them going to blue states. California and NY? Really?!? Houston and WPAFB in Dayton, OH should have been the choices instead.

I'm sure Houston got passed over because it is in one of the reddest of red states and Ohio got passed over because Obama wanted to stick it to Boehner's home state.

I also fail to understand why the need for Discovery to go to the Smithsonian when Enterprise is already there...

A bunch of crap all around if you ask me.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Final Disposition of the Shuttle Fleet

Companion Thread and Post:

Having already reached the moon, NASA now looks to reach the Islamic World

Finally, now we know why America’s space program is suffering serious stagnation. NASA Administrator Charles Bolden was tasked by President Obama to do three things:
    “When I became the NASA administrator — or before I became the NASA administrator — he charged me with three things.

One was he wanted me to help re-inspirechildren to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science … and math and engineering,” Bolden said in the interview.
    Exploring outer space, not so important. NASA’s newest mission is to hand-hold Muslim nations so they can feel proud of themselves for their scientific achievements… which hasn’t been much in modern history. But the West does realize their interest in aviation, explosives, chemistry, nuclear energy, and perhaps some robotics as well.

It’s very infuriating to learn that my hard-earned tax dollars are going towards an Islamic World outreach program instead of innovative space exploration. I do not doubt that reaching Muslims may prove to be a more difficult mission than going to the moon, but come on! At least we were able to stick a flag on the moon — will Muslims let us do that in their countries?

Related articles by Zemanta

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I guess, Ryan, I'm getting the point where I simply just don't give a shit anymore.

I've written every President since Nixon about the Space program, imploring each and every one of them to "Go to Mars". To "Do the Kennedy Mandate" about Mars. In most cases (except Reagan and Bush) I never even got a response back. Clinton's White House "assured me" the "Space Program" had merit and would continue.

Obama..... ignored my letters. (Two of them)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I just saw this and in the spirit of vector's post couldn't resist posting it...

Thanks

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

help them feel good about their historic contribution to science
    Hard to make someone 'feel good' about something they stole from Indians, Greeks and others.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I can't think of much the Muslims "discovered"....

New ways to kill. They did have some interesting navigation methods (kamal for instance, a wooden card and string with knots tied at various lengths to represent latitude giving them a way to get back to their own coasts) - but nothing else significant I can think of.

(I think they actually invented the rudder too....)
    Last edited by American Patriot; April 13th, 2011 at 19:32.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

So did anyone else watch the delivery of Enterprise to the Intrepid museum this morning?

On FNC they were lucky enough to have Leonard Nimoy show up and give an impromptu interview. He talked about how it was a bit of a reunion since he and some of the original cast were at the "launch" of Enterprise back in 1976.

Pretty cool, yet a bit depressing.

Thread Information