Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver soars to 31-year high

Thanks

Default Re: Silver soars to 31-year high

Silver Fixing Lawsuit: Deutsche Bank, HSBC And Bank Of Nova Scotia Manipulated Daily Benchmark Price

By wkchild on • ( )
    Source: IB Times, by Angelo Young
    Three banks abused their power to manipulate the daily benchmark price for silver, violating U.S. antitrust laws and rules established by the Commodity Exchange Act, according to a lawsuit filed in Manhattan on behalf of traders.
    The accusations come as banks have fallen under increased scrutiny since the summer of 2012 when they were found to be manipulating the daily London Interbank Offered Rate, or Libor, which affects the cost of borrowing worldwide, from business borrowing to car and home loans.
    A complaint filed in a federal court in Manhattan Friday alleges London’s HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA), Frankfurt’s Deutsche Bank AG (ETRBK) and Toronto-based Bank of Nova Scotia (TSE:BNS) established, “positions in both physical silver and silver derivatives prior to the public release of silver fixing results, allowing them to reap large illegitimate profits.”
    Read More Here: IBtimes.com
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samizdat View Post
    silver looks very tempting at 27.5, will it dip to 25?
    Samizdat you posted that message on April 25th, 2012, 23:09

So, the answer to your question is YES, it will dip to 25 and lower.

I bought silver at 19 bucks an ounce a few weeks ago (1 oz silver coins) and today it is at $19.89 per ounce.

You can pick up US Silver Eagles at about $23.19 per coin, plus shipping (which is like $2.50).

So I decided to save the 2.50 shipping and I go to a local place here, I get the coins for about $2 over spot, so I should, today be able to go in and buy a coin for:

19.89 + 2 = 21.89 per ounce.

And for the rest of you folks, I'm going to start a thread about this stuff over in the Survival forum. Mal, I would sincerely appreciate your input on that thread about "silver, buying it, gold, buying or not, storing it, why bother or not bother"

And in particular, your input with your "dime theories" you've shared in the past with me (a silver dime could buy a loaf of bread, and today, a silver dime should still be able to buy a loaf of bread kind of stuff)

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Never fails.

If I buy stocks, they drop in price like rocks.

If I invest in an IRA, the market crashes.

If I buy silver, gold or something similar, the price starts dropping.

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Silver is a hedge, nothing more. It will always have value. Just because it's price in the current scrip is down, doesn't mean it will stay that way.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information