Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Herman Cain

Thanks

Default Herman Cain

http://www.hermancain.com/

Welcome

Fellow Patriots,
    Welcome to the new HermanCain.com, home to my presidential exploratory committee. Here, you will find all of the important information necessary to keep up-to-date with my decision-making process as I continue to determine how God wants me to best serve our great nation.
    The American Dream is under attack. In fact, a recent survey found 67% of the American People believe America is headed in the wrong direction. Sadly, this comes as no surprise to those of us who have watched an out-of-control federal government that spends recklessly, taxes too much and oversteps its Constitutional limits far too often.
    While our country faces grave and complex problems, America is not lost forever. The glory of the American Dream can still be found in the hearts of those who love Her and the promise of freedom She guarantees.
    America is an exceptional nation. America is the greatest idea any man has ever imagined. America is the noblest endeavor humanity has ever known. It is because of this that we have the obligation to preserve the American Dream for generations to come.
    President Ronald Reagan once said: “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.”
    Fellow patriots, now more than ever, we must come together to take a stand for the future of America. I make this promise to you as I deliberate the ways in which I can do my part to restore and protect the American Dream: I would be the voice of the American People. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I ask you to do the same for me.

-Herman Cain
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Herman Cain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

Any man who goes on TV and says, "We've got no leadership in the White House now, and the man there NEEDS TO LEAVE" has my vote.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

He's my pick unless Allen West throws his hat into the ring!

Thanks

Too soon for me to make up my mind. Herman comes across as another radio entertainer who will say what will get the highest ratings it seems to me. Maybe that will make him an excellent candidate.

This early in everyone I have heard sounds like they are "playing" with a new catchphrase.

Politicians are like car salesmen, you know when they are not telling the truth''''''''''''''''' when their lips move.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Luke, I disagree with you on this attitude you stated above...

Politicians are like car salesmen, you know when they are not telling the truth''''''''''''''''' when their lips move.
    That's a load of nonsense. I have run for an office before. I knew Ronald Reagan and George Bush personally. I don't think either one of them lied to get in office (unlike Obama who is STILL lying).

I hear that phrase a lot from people and it goes to show one thing only, that the general public is disillusioned by anything political and lazy minded when it comes right down to it.

They (the public) do NOT WANT TO HAVE TO THINK.

So stop it. Look at these people on their merits or lack thereof. If they are lying that will come out just like it did with Al Gore, John Kerry etc.

Now I will grant you that some people DO lie to get in office. But not all of them.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I still think we have it all wrong. Anyone who seeks power should be barred from it. We need to institute some system of draft. The community pushes up those we feel have integrety and common smarts. You serve your time in office and only then can you get out.

Thanks

lol

Draft?

That won't work.

If I don't want to do it in the first damned place, what makes you think I'm going bother if they FORCE me to do it?

I believe it's a DUTY to stand up and take leadership, vote, and even hold a public office.

I don't believe it's everyone else's duty to try to get out of it or make me do something.

Just like I think "Jury Duty" is bullshit.

drafting me to sit on a trial? Horseshit.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

The thing with Herman Cain is that he's got an easily verifiable record, namely with regard to his business success.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    I still think we have it all wrong. Anyone who seeks power should be barred from it.
    This isn't always the case. Sometimes, when things get bad enough, you do have courageous people who rise to the challenge and take the lead.

That's what we need right now and it sounds like that's what folks like Herman Cain and Allen West are doing.

Thanks

When I ran for the school board, I did so because they were wasting millions of dollars, there was ZERO discipline in the schools. Kids would walk in the front door, then walk out the back and we parents were getting the brunt of the anger from school officials.

I ran for school board to put a stop to that stuff.

Even though a bunch of liberals got elected, some of it stopped next semester because of the outcry about making the kids stay in school. Basically if kids were skipping classes, the teachers were refusing to keep them in school and said it was up to the parents. Parents had police and "truancy officers" showing up to give THEM tickets and even ARREST them for "child abuse".

The system was broke (still is) and need fixing (still does). I don't have kids in school any more and don't really give a shit now what they do. It's up to my kids to keep their kids in skool.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Some video of Herman Cain speaking at the NRA Annual Meeting which just took place.

YouTube: Herman Cain Speaks to the NRA Convention: "We've Got some Altering & Abolishing to Do"

Thanks

Perhaps I should include the word "professional" in my statement. As in "you can tell when a professional politician is lying"

I think there is a difference between people who run for elected office, such as myself and Rick and those who run for elected office for their personel gain such as monetary.

Luckily there are folks who are willing to donate the time and effort for the greater good.

I believe it has been many decades, perhaps even never had such a person in the office of the President.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Fox News conducted the first official Republican debate of the 2012 election last night in South Carolina. The "big names" such as Trump, Romney, and others were not in attendance. According to a Frank Luntz conducted poll of debate viewers, Herman Cain won handily!

Coverage on the debate:

GOP Rivals Hit Obama on Foreign Policy Despite Bin Laden Killing, Hit Harder on Economy
    May 5, 2011

Elections
    GOP Rivals Hit Obama on Foreign Policy Despite Bin Laden Killing, Hit Harder on Economy

Published May 05, 2011

Republican presidential hopefuls on Thursday night didn't allow President Obama's widely-praised operation that killed Usama bin Laden this week to deter them from attacking his foreign policy or blaming his domestic policies for high gas prices and the fragile economy recovery.

During the first debate of the 2012 election season, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty congratulated Obama for capturing the world's most wanted terrorist nearly 10 years after the Sept. 11 attacks.

"I tip my cap to him in that moment," he said. "But that moment is not the sum total of America's foreign policy. He's made a number of other decisions relating to our security here and around the world that I don't agree with."

Pawlenty cited Libya as one example, saying he didn't agree with Obama's decision to defer to the United Nations on how to deal with Muammar Qaddafi's violent crackdown on rebels.

Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum said the only thing Obama has done right in his foreign policy is continue President George W. Bush's policies.

"The decision he made with Usama bin Laden was a tactical decision," he said. "It wasn't a strategic decision. The strategic decision was made by President Bush to go after him. What President Obama has done on his watch, the issues that have come up while he's been president, he's gotten it wrong strategically every single time."

Pawlenty and Santorum were among the five participants seeking to prove themselves to be more than the party's B-team as they try to catapult their White House bids into the national spotlight.

Fox News and the South Carolina Republican Party sponsored the debate that also featured Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson and businessman Herman Cain.

They are the only willing candidates who met the sponsors' criteria to participate: forming a presidential exploratory committee, filing state GOP paperwork and paying $25,000 to get on the state primary ballot.

The GOP field is still taking shape, with about a dozen Republicans considering a White House bid or taking initial steps toward full-fledged campaigns. Among the notable absences were Sarah Palin, Donald Trump, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich.

They missed out on a chance to weigh in on the biggest issues of the day, including whether to release a photo of bin Laden's corpse, something that Obama has said he won't do. But four of the five participants said they would release the photo. Cain was the only one who opposed it.

Three participants said they support waterboarding on a case-by-case basis. It is a sort of simulated drowning that Obama has deemed torture and banned but that others some believe led to the capture of bin Laden. Paul and Johnson said they didn't support waterboarding.

"Because you don't achieve anything," Paul said.

But Santorum shot back, "Well that's just simply not true, Ron. I mean the fact is that some of this information that we have found out that led to Usama bin Laden actually came from these enhanced interrogation techniques."

At one point, Johnson, a libertarian-leaning Republican who backs gay rights and legalizing some drugs, cried foul over not getting as many questions as his fellow debaters. Fox News' anchor Bret Baier said the moderators would be "fair and balanced" with the questions.

Paul, the Libertarian Party presidential nominee in 1988, received thunderous applause after most of his answers. His 2008 GOP-run inspired the modern Tea Party movement, and he planned to address the marathon South Carolina Tea Party rally after Thursday's debate.

Asked to reconcile his support for the Defense of Marriage Act, a federal law banning gay marriage, and his statements saying the government shouldn't dictate who can get married, Paul said the law protects states' rights.

"The Defense of Marriage Act was really designed to make sure that the states have the privilege of dealing with and the federal government can't impose their standards on them," he said.

The participants agreed that the economy would be the president's biggest weakness in the election.

"We're on the verge of a financial collapse unless we balance the budget, and that means some really, really tough decisions," Johnson said.

Cain, a former Federal Reserve banker and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, criticized Obama's energy plan, which he blamed for rising gas prices.

"If the world market believed that we were serious about energy independence and we were going to utilize all of our existing resources, the speculators wold stop speculating up and they would speculate down until we get our own oil out of the ground," he said to roaring applause.

Paul outlined his "theory" that Americans "vote from their bellies."

"Because it's whether they're hungry, or have jobs or need things, that's why they vote," Paul said. "And we're in big trouble. Prices are going up. Unemployment is continue to go up. And we have not had the necessary correction for the financial bubble created by our Federal Reserve system."

Before Thursday's debate, Pawlenty zinged those rivals who chose to skip the debate.

"One of the things about leadership is that you've got to show up," he said. "And if you want to be president of the United States you've got to make a case to the American people that Barack Obama needs to be dismissed from his position."
    You can usually tell how afraid of a Conservative candidate liberals are by how much the press slanders them. Take a look at CBS's coverage of the debate. They don't even try to hide it!

ETA: I've also noticed in scanning headlines on the event two other things. The lib press are trying hard to marginalize the 5 who were there by constantly referring to them as "second string", "second tier", etc. and of those who were in attendance they are showing a preference for Pawlenty. If the lib press likes a candidate (like they did McCain at one point) that should tell you something about that candidate.

Thanks

Came across a link to this video from sometime in the 90s of Herman Cain taking on Bill Clinton over HillaryCare when that was being pitched back then. He absolutely destroys Clinton with cold hard facts!

YouTube: Herman Cain Versus Bill Clinton

(Sorry, can't embed it. Uploader turned off embedding. )

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Ryan. Won the debate it appears.
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Boortz was singing all kinds of praise for Cain this a.m.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I dunno. :/

I am still with a huge yawn. No candidate has me sparked yet, though Trump was a good tool to start the season, running or not, it was fun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Awesome! That was a really well done video, by the way.

I completely forgot he had beaten stage 4 cancer.

Thanks

Here's the complete announcement speech.

YouTube:Herman Cain Announces He is Running for President: - Complete Video 5/21/11

Supposedly 15,000 in attendance!

Thread Information