Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Herman Cain

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Herman Cain

Poll: Majority Of GOP Voters Say They Support Cain Despite Scandal
    November 4, 2011

A majority of GOP voters said the allegations of past sexual harassment against Herman Cain does not influence their likelihood of supporting Cain as the Republican nominee, according to a new poll conducted during the controversy.

Sixty-nine percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning Independents surveyed said the controversy did not have any impact on their support of Cain, according to the ABC News/Washington Post poll. Fifty-five percent said they don't consider the allegations currently swirling around Cain's campaign to be a "serious matter."

Cain retains his front-runner status in the poll with 23 percent support nationally, neck and neck with rival Mitt Romney, who has 24 percent. Rick Perry is in third place with 13 percent, and Newt Gingrich has surged to 12 percent.

Among the nearly four in 10 Republican and Republican-leaning voters who do consider the allegations to be serious, 52 percent said it makes them less likely to vote for Cain. The poll showed that a higher number of respondents considered the allegations "serious" later in the week, as the controversy continued to grow.

Results suggest that if Cain's campaign cannot get ahead of the scandal, the controversy could significantly dent his support. Cain has denied any wrongdoing in response to the controversy, and blamed various sources for planting the story. The scandal involves claims from up to three women in the 1990s who accused Cain, then head of the National Restaurant Association, of sexual harassment.

The poll was conducted by Langer Research Associates starting Oct. 31 through Nov. 3. The charges against Cain first resurfaced on Oct. 30. The margin of error is 3 percent.

Thanks

Who Is Gloria Cain? Meet the Presidential Candidate’s Wife
    November 4, 2011

Gloria Cain is hardly the traditional presidential campaign wife.

She has been virtually absent from the campaign trail as her husband, Herman, runs for the Republican presidential nomination. And she’s been silent this week as the businessman fights to overcome allegations that he sexually harassed women while he led the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

“She’s doing fine, and she’s still 200 percent supportive of me in this whole race, 200 percent supportive of me as her husband, because I haven’t done anything,” Cain told conservative talk show host Sean Hannity on Thursday. He added: “She is feeling for me more so, because she knows that it’s baseless.”

Those who know Cain‘s wife of 43 years say she backs her husband’s candidacy. Mrs. Cain is often described as “gentle” and “the nicest woman you’ll ever meet,” and people frequently remark on her faith and dedication to her husband and her family.

But it’s unclear whether Mrs. Cain, 65, will step into the national spotlight to defend her husband the way so many spouses have done over the years when politicians are rocked by allegations of sexual misconduct.

Numerous reports – including the Blaze blog – have indicated that Gloria Cain will appear tonight on Fox News for the first time. “You will meet my wife publicly, in an exclusive interview that we are currently planning and anticipating,” her husband explained on Monday. The Washington Post reports:

Gloria Cain’s appearance on the stump could not come at a more awkward and crucial time for the GOP contender, who sits atop some polls, yet seems vulnerable to an implosion after acknowledging that he was accused years ago of inappropriate behavior toward a female employee.
    Relatively little is known about Mrs. Cain beyond what Cain writes about her in his 222-page book: “This Is Herman Cain!: My Journey to the White House.”

Cain devotes a chapter to his wife; it’s 3 1/2-pages long. He also dedicated the book to three groups of people, including his wife “for her unwavering support, patience, and sacrifice.”

The chapter begins: “Gloria Etchison was beautiful. Let’s face it; I was first attracted by her looks. And then I figured out she was also smart.”

Cain writes that the two first saw each other on the street corner near the family owned grocery store where he worked as a college freshman. The future Mrs. Cain was walking down the street with a high school friend of his. It would be almost a year before the two went out on their first date – to the movies – while she was attending Morris Brown College and he was at Morehouse College.

“It was magic from that moment on, and so I didn’t go out with anyone else. Neither did Gloria,” Cain wrote.

The two were married June 23, 1968. They have two adult children – a daughter, Melanie, and a son, Vincent – and grandchildren.

As he runs for president, Cain wrote: “Gloria continues to be a steady source of devotion and inspiration, never more so than now.” But, in the book, he admits that she wasn’t originally sold on his campaign plans. He [url=http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/gloria-cain-stands-by-her-man-1706227.story]wrote[/url:

“Gloria didn’t immediately jump up and down and cheer. In fact she was terrified! Scared to death! That was because of the widely held perception of what it’s like to be in politics — of what it can do to your family and to you, the candidate.”

Cain acknowledges that people often ask why she doesn’t campaign with him, and he tells them that she’s at home. “And Gloria will tell them that she’s not running but supports me 100 percent. That’s all I need.”

The Daily Beast backs up these claims about the campaign and her character, writing:

…people close to the Cains in Georgia describe the missus as a warm, friendly, traditional wife who is more interested in keeping the sanity of her and her family’s life in McDonough, Ga., than in traipsing through corn fields in Iowa or snow drifts in Manchester.
    “He is the big, gregarious personality. She is this tranquility of the campaign,” says Martha Zoller, a GOP Congressional candidate and a friend of Herman Cain. Zoller continues:

“She is very supportive, but her one reservation was that she did not want to be in the spotlight. She understands that at some time that may come. Until then, he loves her so much that he’s going to protect her. They’re crazy about each other.”
    Mrs. Cain was with her husband in Omaha, Neb., during his years as a restaurateur and by his side as he beat colon cancer. In 1998, when the Cains returned to Atlanta, they also went back to Antioch Baptist Church North, Herman Cain’s longtime spiritual home.

“She’s a woman of deep faith involved in a lot of church activities,” said Matt Carrothers, who worked on Cain’s failed campaign for U.S. Senate in 2004 and later worked for Cain from 2004 to 2007.

Carrothers said that while going out on the campaign trail isn’t her primary interest, Gloria Cain supports her husband in other ways.

“Whenever I would go to Herman’s house, there were grandkids running around. She has her own activities, but she’s fully supportive of everything he does,” he said.

Regardless of Cain’s current scandal, it will be intriguing to gain more perspective into his life if his wife does, indeed, speak publicly for the first time during the 2012 campaign.

Thanks

Sitting here waiting at work for a vendor meet and listening to Hannity's show, I found myself realizing that between the Mark Block smoking ad and these sex allegations, Herman has simply been dominating the GOP primary news in the last 2 weeks. I've heard barely a peep about the other candidates, including Mittens!

I guess the old saying, "No such thing as bad publicity" has a pretty good basis in reality and the polls seem to support that.

Thanks

FULL TEXT: Statement from National Restaurant Association on Herman Cain Sexual Harassment Accusations
    November 4, 2011

The National Restaurant Association released the following statement today from President and CEO Dawn Sweeney:

“We have seen the statement Joel Bennett released earlier today on behalf of his client, a former employee of the Association. The Association consented to the release of that statement, at the request of Mr. Bennett’s client.”

“Based upon the information currently available, we can confirm that more than a decade ago, in July 1999, Mr. Bennett’s client filed a formal internal complaint, in accordance with the Association’s existing policies prohibiting discrimination and harassment. Mr. Herman Cain disputed the allegations in the complaint. The Association and Mr. Bennett’s client subsequently entered into an agreement to resolve the matter, without any admission of liability. Mr. Cain was not a party to that agreement. The agreement contains mutual confidentiality obligations. Notwithstanding the Association’s ongoing policy of maintaining the privacy of all personnel matters, we have advised Mr. Bennett that we are willing to waive the confidentiality of this matter and permit Mr. Bennett’s client to comment. As indicated in Mr. Bennett’s statement, his client prefers not to be further involved with this matter and we will respect her decision.”

“The Association has robust policies designed to ensure that employees with concerns may bring them forward for prompt investigation and resolution, without risk of retaliation. The Association is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to an environment that is free from any discrimination or harassment.”

Thanks

Just a reminder that the Cain-Gingrich debate will be on C-SPAN tonight at 8pm ET. You can also watch it on their website.

Thanks

Still up and have FNC on in the background where they're showing a rerun of Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. Right now they're discussing Herman Cain.

I'd like to kick 2 people in the balls on that show - Evan Bayh because he is an asshole Dem but especially that status quo, establishment ball-licker Bill Kristol.

You should have heard the smarmy way Bill said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Herman's not going to be the nominee. Let's face it, he never was."

Made me want to get a chance to meet him in person, get a 10 yard running start, and kick him square in the junk with my steel toe boots.

You just wait Billy boy. You just wait... And while you're waiting, go choke on a bag of syphilitic donkey dicks.

Thanks

Ryan....

are you feeling better now?

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Not until these country club Republicans go fuck themselves with a baseball bat full of rusty nails or, Herman Cain wins the general election. Either works...

Thanks

Well, I was concerned for your health, but now I see you're just fine.

Take two blondes and call me tomorrow.

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Lol!

Thanks

Aspirin! I MEAN ASPIRIN!

(LOL)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Jesus tap dancing Christ on a fucking pogo stick. Now that cuntbag, slip-and-fall lawyer Gloria Allred has dredged up some other gold digging whore to try and drag Herman through the mud further.

Amazing how despite Herman's supervisory roles at Burger King, Godfather's, Aquila, Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, AGCO, and the Fed - where he likely interacted with thousands of women - the only place that he was some sexually ravenous monster was the National Restaurant Association. Simply amazing... You'd almost swear he was as bad as a sex crazed poodle.

Thanks

Holy... wow. I can't top Ryan's line. Ever.

LMAO!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ryan, you're a tough nut to crack. I never quite know just how you feel.

Thanks

I just saw this woman talking about how Mr. Cain put his hand under her skirt and... well, you know. The Cain campaign fired back immediately that this was a fabrication.

Just watching the lawyers and the woman reading her statement looked funny. They didn't look real, they don't look like they are being honest, and in fact, one might go so far as to say, LYING.

I have to wonder how far back this was and why didn't she come forward before?

And someone like Gloria Allred (or however she spells her name) being involved says this is a MAJOR Democratic PLOT against Cain.

The Obama administration is REALLY scared to death of this guy.

The MEDIA is scared to death of this guy.

REPUBLICANS are scared to death of this guy!

LOL

We might just have our next President in this guy. Let's see how this plays out.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This new accusor is from Chicago!

As The Church Lady would say, "How conveeeeenient!"

Thanks

Chicago... I don't see the connection...

/snort
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I've been reading and driving at the same time but just had to post something I just saw.

This just keeps getting better and better...

http://www.adn.com/2011/11/07/215895...s-cain-of.html

Bialek said she did not file a workplace complaint against Cain at the time because she was not employed.
    So now they've resorted to dredging up a woman who had no professional relationship with Cain.

Even if it were true, it's not like he went and had an affair behind his dying wife's back, fathered a child, and then tried to cover it up with campaign cash. Funny how that little incident by Mr. Good Hair gets glossed over and we are now on week 2 of water thin allegations against Mr. Cain.

Thanks

So she wasn't actually employed by the guy, let alone even KNEW him, or had any other relationship with him and she's claiming he INTERVIEWED her in that sort of way?

Boy.... I hope they drum that dumb bitch lawyer out of town if this turns out to have no shred of evidence....

People who listen to the left need to be neutered.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

This is what I was afraid of, the Left wing MSM and a few RINO provocateurs from the Right are going to make sure America has nothing but the Left to choose from.

The Draconian Hypocrisy is unfreaking believable!

You can't win the hearts and minds when you have an adversarial Trillion Dollar MSM tearing down any real conservative candidate while burying any truth that vindicates them. They will simply wear them down relentlessly until their poll numbers dwindle.

Be rest assured Obama's coffers will be full of cash for 2012 with nearly all the MSM locked stepped to get their guy re-elected pulling for him to finish the job he started before the midterms.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information