Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Judgement Day May 21, 2011

Thanks

Default Re: Judgement Day May 21, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post

Why is voice in videos different from my voice?
    Do i have so strong accent?
    Thanks brother. I can't stand to listen to my recorded voice, it just sounds so odd because you think you should sound different, its kinda weird.

I'm glad everyone made it through, sounds like most had a great Saturday. We should have a rapture every weekend!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post
    Why is voice in videos different from my voice?

Low fidelity microphone on recorder?

Do i have so strong accent?
    It's completely understandable, so I wouldn't call it "thick". I deal with French and Germans daily and some have very thick English accents. I often have to ask them to repeat what they say.

Of course, their English is fluent. My German involves being able to order dinner and ask for the bill.

My Spanish is pretty good but it getting bad as I've not been to Honduras in a few years now so the rust is setting in.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

All that jesting aside, the thing to watch out for is the rising tide of imminent Christian persecution in the civilised West. It is not yet Nero's Rome, Jacobin France or the Spanish civil war, during which far more more bishops, priests and faithful were executed than during the brief rule of Jacobins in Paris.

The old St. Madeleine Chapel #263 and 265 rue Saint Honore.
    It is now (since 1840s) in Polish hands as the Polish Church 'Église Notre-Dame-de-l'Assomption de Paris'. This is where French Christians and aristocrats spent their final night before execution at the nearby Place de la Revolution.

England was an oasis of tolerance and civilisation then. Not so nowadays.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/offbeat/prescribing-jesus-gets-doctor-censured-dpgonc-km-20110522_13318742
    Prescribing Jesus Gets Doctor Censured

Updated: Sunday, 22 May 2011, 1:57 PM EDT
    Published : Sunday, 22 May 2011, 1:57 PM EDT(NewsCore) - MARGATE, England -- A Christian doctor in England has been threatened with an official warning from his professional body for discussing Jesus with a patient, The (London) Sunday Times reported.
    Richard Scott, a doctor for 28 years, is under investigation by the General Medical Council (GMC) and faces disciplinary action after he suggested to a 24-year-old man that he might find solace in Christianity.
    Scott, who practices at a medical center in Margate, east of London, well known for having Christian doctors, insists he only raised his spiritual beliefs after carrying out a thorough and lengthy consultation, during which medical checks and referrals for further care were arranged.
    When the man's mother inquired of the consultation, however, her son apparently replied, "He just said I need Jesus." This prompted his mother to refer Scott to the GMC, claiming that he had not offered medical advice during the consultation but instead talked about Jesus.
    The young man, who has been described as "in a rut and in need of help" grew up in a different religion but his faith had lapsed. He has continued to seek treatment from the practice despite the complaint filed by his mother.
    The GMC has written to Scott suggesting he accept an official warning but the GP (family doctor), who has an unblemished record as a medic, has decided to fight the allegations and stand up to what he believes is a politically correct trend in Britain to persecute Christians for expressing their faith in the workplace.
    Scott fears that if he accepts the warning, and discusses his Christian beliefs with other patients, he could be struck off.
    He maintains he acted professionally and says the complaint was made against him in the knowledge that professional bodies are nervous about claims of a religious nature.
    Scott said, "I only discussed my faith at the end of a lengthy medical consultation after exploring the various interventions that the patient had previously tried, and after promising to follow up the patient's request for an appointment with other medical professionals.
    "I only discussed mutual faith after obtaining the patient's permission. In our conversation, I said that, personally, I had found having faith in Jesus helped me and could help the patient. At no time did the patient indicate that they were offended, or that they wanted to stop the discussion. If that had been the case, I would have immediately ended the conversation.
    "This complaint was brought to the GMC not by the patient, who has continued to be a patient in this practice, but by the patient's mother."
    Scott is a partner at the Bethesda medical center in Margate, Kent. The six partners at the practice are all Christians and it has taken a biblical name. Practice leaflets and message boards publicize the doctors' religion and invite patients to raise Christian beliefs with them.
    Scott is being advised by the Christian Legal Center. Paul Diamond, the leading human rights barrister, has been instructed in the case.

Last edited by Kosciuszko; May 24th, 2011 at 11:23.

Thanks

LOL... jesting aside????

LMAO.

Sorry, Kos. I think that people who take religion too seriously are idiots now.

Come on, you have to admit that guy gives Christians a very bad name.

And so do all the other bozos running telling the rest of us we're going to hell.

Who the HELL do they think they are, and where do they get off judging the rest of us.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I believe that the good pastor what-is-his-name approached the Bible mathematically, looking for some hidden message from the Almighty. There are comercial camputer programs that you can get of the shelf which purport to to squeeze meaning out of inscrutable passages. Improbable balderdash just the same.

Thanks

Rick, I think you believe and read too much enemy propaganda.

http://www.spiritdaily.com/prophecyextremes.htm
    MEDIA SAVORS FALSE PROPHECY OF MINISTER AT ONE EXTREME WHILE AT THE OTHER ARE THOSE WHO BELIEVE GOD DOES NOT SEND EVENTS
    There it was, last weekend, tailor-made for the media, an obscure 89-year-old minister -- of his own self-made church, in California -- saying that at six p.m. on May 21 the long-awaited "rapture" -- a Protestant concept (though originally promoted by a Jesuit) that God's people will be swept up to Heaven before tribulation, literally disappearing, and leaving everyone behind -- would occur. In short: the world would end over the weekend. The preacher based it on what he said was a literal reading of the Bible without apparently considering the part of the Bible that (literally) says no one knows the day or hour (Matthew 24:36).
    Massively, gleefully, the media jumped on it. They knew the vast majority of Christians -- of whatever denomination, and even if they do believe that a judgment or purification of some kind is nigh, which many do, ourselves included -- did not take the minister's calculation seriously.
    Ironically, on this very same day, a Pope was speaking for the first time ever to astronauts in space. It was a historic, warm, and revealing moment. And it had to do with the future. A surprising number of the astronauts (and cosmonauts) professed belief in prayer, and all of them were very respectful and excited to be talking with the Pontiff. They spoke both personally and about huge issues like peace and preserving the earth's environment.

All of this was all but lost by the media stories on the poor "rapture" preacher. They really do so love trying to lump everyone who believes in Divine precognition, and perhaps believes, period, with that minister! Noted one blogger accurately: "I suspect that the media feeding frenzy … has less to do with an impulse to lampoon the ridiculous than an impulse to ridicule Christianity in general.

Despite Camping and his followers being an extremely small fringe group, the media has covered this story as if the entire Southern Baptist church made this prediction."
    Satan's hand in all this. He detests true prophecy. He makes fools of those who are too specific.

At the other extreme are those who discount everything prophetic and argue that God never sends judgments, chastisement, purification, or whatever you want to call it -- natural disasters.
    Most recently, on April 22 (Good Friday), the papal preacher, Father Raniero Cantalamessa, stated that "earthquakes, hurricanes and other disasters that strike the innocent and the guilty alike are never punishments from God. To say otherwise would be to offend both God and humanity." He doesn't speak for the Pope and his homilies are probably not vetted, but it was noteworthy nonetheless. Once in a while, during homilies, priests in the United States will stake out the same fascinating, if baffling, claim. (Apparently it's a theme taught in current seminaries.)
    Often, we have expressed it this way -- that when we distance ourselves from God, we distance ourselves from His order and protection.
    At the same time, it can also be said that God sends punishments. Otherwise, to take just one salient case, how can we interpret Sodom and Gomorrah?(Genesis 13:10: "Lot lifted up his eyes and saw all the valley of the Jordan, that it was well watered everywhere--this was before the Lord destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah -- like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt as you go to Zoar."

It is hard to spin the above. There are so many other examples in the Bible that it would take a complete re-reading of both Testaments to fairly choose the most striking mentions of how God does send judgment. They are throughout. One can open up random pages and find examples. It is indicated or outright mentioned by apostles and Jesus Himself. Try the Book of Revelation -- the "trumpets," and the opening of the Seals, and especially Chapter 14 and Chapter 16. One quick example: "

Revelation 16: Six Bowls of Wrath:

"Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, 'Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God.'
    Or:
    "Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl upon the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, 'It is done.' And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty. The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath."
    Tough stuff to spin.

At Fatima, the Blessed Mother said if mankind did not reform, there would be a great chastisement in the way of another great war -- and that a great sign (a natural event) would announce it. This was a Church-approved apparition. So was LaSalette in France, where the Blessed Mother stated that if men continued to sin, and offend Christ (especially by using His Name in vain), there would be a plague and a great famine -- which in fact occurred later that year! That was the "approved" message. A longer prophecy that never won final approval from LaSalette spoke of even greater disasters sent by God.

His chastisements have also been mentioned at Church-approved apparitions in Nicaragua; Kibeho, Rwanda; San Nicolas, Argentina; Akita, Japan; and the Miraculous Medal in Paris. At Medjugorje, which John Paul II believed in, and where a prominent cardinal recently made headlines supporting it, the Blessed Mother warned of warnings, a great miracle, and chastisement and explicitly said, "You have no idea what God the Father will send to earth." Indeed, Who sent the Flood? Who sent plagues -- and locusts -- upon Egypt? Who chastised Israel? Who chastised Babylon? Who sent Jonah to Nineveh?

It is perhaps part of the disorientation of our times that modern instruction -- bent on a feel-good approach, with no balance -- suddenly takes away this perspective. Again, the devil likes to obfuscate through mockery.

Anyway, the Bible speaks for itself and does so very clearly -- when we let It do the speaking, without spinning it, and certainly without putting a date on it.

Last edited by Kosciuszko; May 24th, 2011 at 11:50.

Thanks

Nope. Don't read anything. All I have HEARD for days approaching "the End" were people telling me I better get my affairs in order.

Stuff here, I didn't read anything in the news about it.

This was all precipitated by people around me.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Excuse Mister Kos but i find funny thinking of you in Paris while searching for churches and similar
    With all the things you can see there:

Matteo, I will tell you that you do not have to worry about things I have missed in Paris recently, because another ugly Citroen at the latest Mondial Paris Automobile Show will fail to turn me on. I drive a slightly souped up 1989 VW Golf, and anything more is a waste of money (my rear bumper fell of recently b/o rust). However, if you show me a pretty Italian girl beckoning at me from inside Fiat Abarth (like the one in Barcelona 97th Auto show couple of years ago), that is a horse of a completely different color!

Last edited by Kosciuszko; May 24th, 2011 at 18:59.

Thanks

There have been only 60 or so proven miracles at Lourdes. Hopefully your friend will be one of them soon, but he has better chances finding a competent (Christian) psychologist or psychiatrist.

I like to seek the Lord in the vastness of Alaska with its magnificent fiords and icefields. He is there in gentle wispers of wind and icy ocean breezes.

Thanks

Good news, the rapture has been moved to October 21st!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    That's more like it!

Thanks

Ars Orandi reported on May 21, 2011:
    What we expected has come to pass: Nothing.
    So why give this non-denominational Evangelical the time of day here, on a traditional Catholic blog dedicated to the Traditional Latin Mass and traditional Catholicism?
    Well, because people like Harold Camping harm true religion and those who practice the true religion. Sincerely following Our Blessed Lord in honesty and truth is under attack, not just by secularists, militant agnostics and atheists, and the irreligious, but by people like Harold Camping who provide the irreligious an excuse to hate true religion and the virtue of religion.
    We should expect this kind of thing in the fringes of the heretical, Protestant world, where an off-the-rails Christianity has over the years spiraled even further into the abyss of error and darkness. It is these end-of-the-world scenarios that pass for religious experience in the spiritually bankrupt, modern, non-denominational Evangelical communities. Most non-denoms didn't believe Harold Camping, but none of them know the spiritual depth of a real, sacramental, relationship with Our Blessed Lord, and thus they are all to one degree or another spiritually bankrupt, leaving a vacuum filled by charlatans like Camping, Benny Hinn, Jimmy Swaggart, etc.
    We've all had a good laugh, but the not so good laughs will now commence. In the comedy, perhaps we are over looking the tragedy, not just caused to those who trusted Camping and exhausted their life savings on his lies, but the damage that this does to the virtue of religion in our society, and the sacrileges that will follow.
    This sad little man, Harold Camping, false prophet and charlatan, is anything but a harmless, comedic figure. He has, and I believe wittingly, opened up a Pandora's box of ridicule that has already gone to fever pitch on the late night comedy shows, and will spew forth from the sewer of the modern media for the rest of this week and perhaps longer. He has opened the floodgates of Satanic derision, not just directed toward himself, but toward religion, and specifically toward Christianity, and Our Blessed Lord.
    Harold Camping is a shadow of Antichrist, because his charlatanry has led, and will lead, to the ridicule of Our Blessed Lord and mockery of His Holy Name. He has provided a convenient excuse for those who hate God to wag their heads and jest at the expense of Christianity. These people make no distinctions between the Campings of this world and his fantasies, and sincere believers and right doctrine. More to the point, these secularists, agnostics, atheists, and the irreligious perceive Catholicism and traditional Catholics as no better, as fringe "fundamentalists", and they will, we can be sure, try their best to convince the world that the practice of the Christian religion is for "wackos" and frauds.
    That pales in comparison, however, to the shameless mockery that Our Blessed Lord now endures by the Godless, who won't let pass a single opportunity to express their contempt for the Holy Name of Jesus.
    That is no laughing matter. We ought today, and for the rest of this week, endeavor to undo the damage that Harold Camping has done by prayer and acts of reparation for the mockeries directed toward our holy religion and the Holy Name of Jesus.
    Last edited by Kosciuszko; May 25th, 2011 at 11:51.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Is that your prediction, Catfish, or same guy making more predictions?
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Is that your prediction, Catfish, or same guy making more predictions?

Thanks

Sorry folks... I have to break this news to you. NOW is the time to start preparing for your doom.

I predict the true end of the world to be April 13, 2036.

That is a Sunday, if my calculations are correct.

Good luck.

God Speed.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Harold Camping wrong again, but what if 200 million people did disappear?

• Rate this Story

May 22, 2011 2:41 PM EDT
    The 89-year-old broadcaster of Family Radio has predicted the beginning of Doomsday on May 21st, 2011. His followers have spent millions of dollars advertising that message.

However, his prediction of Doomsday and 200 million Christians being raptured and lifted to heaven did not happen. It was his second failed Doomsday prediction after his first failure in 1994.

Enlarge

(Photo: Reuters)
    Harold Camping's follower holding the Doomsday banner

Related Articles
    Harold Camping’s followers stunned, dejected, drained

Camping doomsday prediction caused suicide of teenage girl

Harold Camping wrong again: A new 'blah by blah' account of how he spent May 21 false doomsday

Stay connected with cutting edge technology news Sample

Even though his prediction wasn't fulfilled, it would be interesting to imagine the impact of 200 million people disappearing from the earth all at once.

200 million is almost 4 times the number of people who die every year. It's also bigger than the largest number of people killed in a single event in human history (the earthquake in Shaanxi in 1556, which killed 830,000 people).

However, Paul Ehrlich, a professor at Stanford University's Center for Conservation Biology, said "with a population of about 7 billion and aiming now to go somewhere in the vicinity of 9 billion, 200 million is not very big," according to LiveScience

He said if the 200 million raptured people were evenly distributed across the world, the ecological impact wouldn't be that great. However, if 200 million people all disappeared from United States, the impact would be much bigger.

America is the country that uses the most of resources in the world; it was responsible for a quarter of the global petroleum consumption in 2009.

Taggert J. Brooks, an economist at the University of Wisconsin, said "the knowledge that we have in our heads can be thought of as a type of machinery for how to combine things, how to produce things or provide services," so if "200 million people get snatched up, you lose their human capital."

As time passed by, the economy would adjust to a world without those 200 million people, but the transition from pre- to post-rapture would be not easy at all, Brooks said.

However, he said the psychological impact will be the biggest challenge to cope with. There aren't any models that can account for the disappearance of so many friends and family members, said Brooks.

"It doesn't count things like, 'What if your brother or sibling is one of the 200 million?'" he said.

But all these worries and theories don't seem to matter at this point because Camping's prediction didn't happen. Moreover, if Camping was proven right, the world will simply end in October 21, 2011, so it's irrelevant to talk about long-term impacts.

Read More : Camping doomsday prediction caused suicide of teenage girl
    Read More : Harold Camping Wants Time to Think and Recover [VIDEO]
    Read More : Ten Facts About Harold Camping
    May 21st ‘Doomsday’ Prediction Aftermath - CLICK HERE to Read, Discuss, Vote
    Special Coverage : Doomsday May 21st Prediction
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Camping doomsday prediction caused suicide of teenage girl

• Rate this Story

May 25, 2011 7:43 PM EDT
    A 14-year-old girl from the Volga Republic of Mari El hanged herself on May 21 over fears that the world would end, investigators said on Wednesday.
    May 21 was the day that American preacher Harold Camping said Christians would be taken into heaven ahead of the apocalypse.

Enlarge

(Photo: RIAN)
    Russian teenager hangs herself over doomsday fears, after learning about Christian preacher Harold Camping's false prediction for May 21.

Get US Emails&Alerts
    The latest US business and financial news as well as issues and events Sample

Investigator Alexander Kosharin said the girl’s behavior changed dramatically when she learned about Camping’s predictions.

Must Read
    How Presidential Candidates Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann Could Cancel Each Other Out

Dick Cheney: 'I worship the ground Paul Ryan walks on'

Sponsorship Link
    Custom Tailored Suits For Men: Are They Right For You?

“Whales are trying to beach themselves and birds are dying - it is just the beginning of the end,” the girl wrote in a “death diary.”
    “We are not righteous people, only they will go to heaven, the others will stay here on Earth to go through terrible sufferings,” she wrote.
    “I don’t want to die like the others. That’s why I’ll die now,” the girl said in her last message.
    Investigators are currently probing her ties with “informal youth groups” or religious sects.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Camping Picks New Rapture Date of Oct. 21

California preacher says May 21 was only “an invisible judgment day.”

By Josh Voorhees and Ben Johnson | Posted Tuesday, May. 24, 2011, at 12:06 AM EDT

Tweet

UPDATED Monday at 11:35 p.m.: Harold Camping isn’t ready to concede defeat just yet.

Sure, Saturday came and went without any signs of the apocalypse he promised, but the California preacher said Monday that was only because, until now, he had been a little fuzzy on the timeline that he had prophesied. Turns out May 21 was only an “invisible judgment day” and that the actual end of the world will occur five months after he had been predicting.

“It won’t be spiritual on October 21st,” Camping said on a 90-minute special broadcast of his radio show, adding that “the world is going to be destroyed all together, but it will be very quick.”

UPDATED Monday at noon: Looks like the International Business Times managed to catch Harold Camping on camera briefly. "Give me a day, no interviews at all today – sorry," Camping said in the video taken Sunday. "You know this is a big deal, big deal, and I've got to live with it and I've got to think it out. So no interview."

Watch the full clip at the bottom of the post.

UPDATED Monday at 8:52 a.m.: Harold Camping opened his door briefly Sunday to speak with reporters, telling them that he was “flabbergasted” that his end-of-days predictions did not come true.

“It has been a really tough weekend,” the 89-year-old fundamentalist radio preacher said, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. “I’m looking for answers.”

He added that he’d “be back to work Monday and will say more then.”

Original Post on Sunday at 1:03 p.m. by Ben Johnson:

If a doomsday prediction dies in the forest, does its creator make a sound?

Followers of Christian radio mogul Harold Camping are scratching their heads this morning, after the Family Radio president’s longtime prediction of the apocalypse beginning yesterday doesn’t appear to have come true. Also troubling for those who mortgaged their lives to help his cause of spreading the word: Camping isn’t around to admit he was wrong or make another prediction.

Reuters reports the Family Radio’s network headquarters remained shuttered, and no one answered the door at the broadcaster’s house in Alameda, Calif., after his 6 p.m. deadline for death and destruction passed.

Camping, whose radio network reaches 66 U.S. stations as well as international affiliates, said he predicted the end of the world with the help of Bible verse. He also claimed believers would be sent up to heaven as various time zones hit 6 p.m. on May 21, as the planet was engulfed by giant earthquakes and other disasters, until its final destruction Oct. 21.

“May twenty second will be the second day of judgment,” Camping told a caller on his radio program in 2009. “We don’t know what’s going to happen to Family Radio on that day or to the banks or to anybody else. But it’s going to be horrible. Millions of people will die on that day and every day after.”

This isn’t the first time the radio host’s biblical math seems to have failed him. He previously predicted Jesus Christ would return to Earth in 1994. For those who bought into Camping’s latest predictions—followers and Family Radio reportedly accepted donations and spent millions on 2000 billboards and other advertising to get the word out about the apocalypse—the lack of rapture seemed to offer few answers.

“I don’t understand why nothing has happened,” retired transit worker and New York City resident Robert Fitzpatrick told Reuters. The 60-year-old retired transit worker had spent $140,000 of his savings to help spread Camping’s warning of the approaching Judgment Day.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Camping revised his date. Apparently he made an error.... again.

October 21, 2011 it is now. Plan your day accordingly.

Save old clothes to display in a pile as those who are raptured. It was done in DC this time around to make the believers in Camping jealous.

A radio station in DC encouraged listeners to blow up human dolls with helium and release them too.

So, October 21st here we come. I am saving clothes and figuring a spot for my display. I don't want to go to a place to buy a human 'doll' one blows up as the one type I can think of is rather unseemly.

Thanks

I'm ready for the next one, too
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thread Information