Thread: The Largest Detention Camp in World History is Almost Complete

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default The Largest Detention Camp in World History is Almost Complete

Companion Threads and Post:

The Largest Detention Camp in World History is Almost Complete

By John Galt
    April 26, 2011

In the world of talk radio, the internet, and various other media outlets there have been legends of FEMA camps under construction throughout the United States, stories about U.N. troops training to round up United States citizens, and concoctions which make for fascinating fiction but little if any fact to support the various stories. In reality each of these stories unfortunately carry a kernel of truth within them, a factoid which stimulates the imagination but fails to capitalize on the big picture thus destroying the underlying credibility of the author. I loath the idea of a trip down Woo-Woo Lane but during a review of the news and a story forwarded to me by my friend in Ireland, a sudden and stark realization hit me as to how such a massive construct could be used by a government which has devious plans in place for its citizens in the future.

The logical place to begin with this project is to review the history of how the creation of the foundation occurred and the extreme ideals behind the construction of this camp. While the conspiracy theorists and civil libertarians were all labeled insane nutcases when the Patriot Act was first proposed, their concerns have been substantially validated in the last nine years. The abuses of power via the Patriot Act which are documented throughout the internet and various legal websites are only the tip of the iceberg. The law itself was designed to massively increase powers beyond the scope of the Constitution which enable the government to selectively violate the rights of U.S. citizens at will. For the non-believers refer, for example, to Section 6001 and the various clauses allowing reviews and searches of personal financial records without obtaining a search warrant as outlined in the 4th Amendment. This foundation for the camp was a necessity because without the legal authority to bypass the judicial system, the implementation of other laws and regulations would not be possible.

Shortly after the Patriot Act became law, the Department of Homeland Security was created and in less than a decade it has become the largest non-Defense Department and Veterans Affair bureaucracy in the Federal Government (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2008 Table 1). The department’s reach has become so massive and intrusive that the American people only notice the power they contain when they hear or witness the abuses via the Transportation Security Administration such as the video of the six year old girl recently being molested while attempting to board a flight with her parents. Often though, the American people miss the bigger picture that the tentacles of DHS have now stretched far beyond airport and border security, but into the realms of an apparent creation of a domestic paramilitary force to defend our nation against terrorism.

Over the years I too have been guilty of mocking the “black helicopter crowd” yet recent evidence has surfaced that perhaps I was in grave error and for that I apologize profusely. Until one sees the helicopters yourself, which I have seen flying over our beaches during V.I.P. visits to the area, or a video like this one, most individuals remain skeptical:

Helicopters Over Brickell

That video from YouTube is validated by a story from the Miami Herald on April 20, 2011 titled ‘Military Choppers Startle Miami‘, where an exercise was executed until around one to two o’clock in the morning. In the story a revelation was disclosed by this statement from the newspaper article:
    Turns out that it was a training exercise by the Southeast Regional Domestic Security Task Force. In other words, a Homeland Security operation, that few other authorities apparently knew about, including the U.S. Coast Guard.
    The Department of Homeland Security has its own paramilitary security task force which uses night vision, black Blackhawk helicopters, and the ability to conduct military style exercises which apparently our own military a.k.a. the U.S. Coast Guard is not even aware of? The exercise appears to have been practice for dropping troops on high rise office buildings and extraction which is quite practical since the last terrorist attack where they occupied a high rise occurred in 1994 as documented in the movie True Lies; a work of fiction. This disturbing story did not escape my attention as one can not build a detention facility without the proper training of a guard force to contain and restrain the inmates.

I Spy On You

Rewind to the numerous stories of our modern surveillance society in these pages and elsewhere. Way, way, way, back in 2007 USA Today noted this happy-happy joy-joy story that “Cameras Help Cities Reduce Crime” which in fact may be quite accurate. The problem is you have to begin to consider other aspects of our spy happy society starting with the working relationship of the world’s largest search engine with the National Security Agency (NSA). If one is shocked that I can tie Google snooping back into this story, allow me to take a second and review some of the stories on this subject over the recent past:

Welcome to 1984-Google “Mistakenly” Collected Data from Wi-Fi Networks of Individual Citizens

Google’s Wi-Fi Spying: What Were They Thinking? – PCWorld

Google Says It Mistakenly Collected Data on Web Usage – WSJ.com

Google spied on British emails and computer passwords – Telegraph

Google‘s spy case: Not the first, nor the last | InSecurity-CNet

That’s just a sampling of the news on the subject as there are literally hundreds of stories about this, yet shockingly no outrage from the masses. Why? The trade off of technological convenience for personal privacy was willingly offered up for the massive leaps forward on the internet and personal devices be they a car via On-Star or a smart phone. Thus the government naturally exploited this weakness and aligned themselves with the major telecommunications corporations, hardware manufacturers, software developers, and internet leaders to develop a web of information flow where information they desire can be extracted at the stroke of a key. The ability to instantaneously access an American citizen’s location, financial transactions completed seconds ago, emails, text conversations, audio conversations via cell or land line, and restrict their ability to travel via airline at will should have not just civil libertarians but average Americans outraged. These tools and the surveillance ability are necessary for “our safety” according to the government but they are also required when building a detention facility; think about it.

Instead or calls for action all we continue to hear is muted grumbling, willful submission, and crickets chirping.

DS-5513 The Ultimate Bureaucratic Trap Door

Fast forward to the news of the last twenty-four hours from the U.S. Department of State and the brewing passport scandal. The documentation appears to be innocent enough right as we can not have terrorists and non-citizens obtaining passports to leave the U.S. right?

Thus the controversy over the new DS-5513 that I highlighted on my radio program last night. The first question that came to mind is why would there need to be a requirement for an alternative form for a passport when you see the standard application requirements (from the U.S. Department of State Application for a Passport Form DS-11):

I’ve highlighted the requirements from the current form which is in existence now and it seems quite logical that for a United States citizen, naturalized or born here, this form is a no-brainer with sufficient security requirements that would assure documentation for issuance of a passport. In fact the current application has the necessary checks and balances once the information is received in Washington, D.C. for the government to refer the data to DHS for further investigation and validation should the State Department deem the identification and other requirements suspect or too vague for processing.

Now review the supporting documentation for DS-5513 the proposed Biographical Questionnaire for a U.S. Passport starting with page one from the Office of Management and Budget:

Based on the controversy surrounding Obama’s birth certificate, anyone can have their own documentation questioned but there is a deeper problem when one analyzes the impetus behind the document above; the portion at the bottom which allows an innocent mistake such as forgetting an address of an employer or where your mother resided decades ago (if one is an old guy like me) or failing to list an employer could be considered perjury or worse based on the proposed program. The second page of the document above does nothing to reassure one that this will end well for new or renewal applicants for a passport based on the State Department’s justification:

I hate to break this to the government but I do not remember the name of the preacher who Baptized me, which church, or where it was located.

This is a defined trap door where the American citizen can easily provide a false or erroneous statement, either deliberately or by accident, that opens the door to prosecution. Before anyone says that this is a reach, refer to the section above on the Patriot Act and the current administrations nefarious Regulatory Czar one Cass Sunstein. The application itself displays the land mines for the individual to step on and perjure themselves as one can see for themselves:

This form is filled with booby traps for the average person and as one can see, please try to ask your mother if you are in the fifty plus age span (provided she is still alive of course) if she remembers the appointments for post-natal care over a half century ago. Needless to say it only gets worse on the next page:

To be quite honest, I do not recall all twenty-five plus locations so I guess I can not get a passport when it is time to renew. Then again how many of my readers remember the address and name of their last supervisor for every job they have held in their lives:

Thankfully this form is voluntary just like your income tax returns so there are no penalties if you make a mistake, right? Uh, wrong if one wishes to travel or leave the country:

Guess it’s better to not chance it so everyone had best plan to stay put during the coming storm. In reality though, this has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with a universal identification card, controlling terrorism, insuring illegals do not obtain de facto citizenship by obtaining a passport, nor controlling the movement of the average American citizen from casual travel to and from Mexico, Canada, or via cruises, etc. This is much larger than that and it requires a trip to March 18, 2010.

The Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment Act of March 18, 2010

On March 18, 2010 President Barrack Obama signed the HIRE Act, a bungled effort stuffed with pork designed to help stem the perpetually bad employment news hitting the administration on an almost weekly basis. Buried deep within this act however was the gem of gems for those wishing to close the doors for Americans with wealth or talent from emigrating to another country which I highlighted as did Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge:
    If you can leave the United States, I would suggest you GET OUT NOW

Within this act was a direct legislative action that instituted capital controls on American citizens:

Aw gee, that only impacts the really wealthy people and besides most people don’t have $50,000 to open an account overseas. That has been the standard reply that “this does not apply to me” yet think about the impact if one decides to retire in Ecuador, Costa Rica, or Canada. The key aspect of this particular act which the Republicons failed to read was this clause designed on the surface to catch tax cheats but in reality was designed to force repatriation of funds from overseas accounts back into the United States where the Patriot Act and I.R.S. have free reign to monitor those accounts and their activity without that pesky 4th Amendment thing to interfere with their “investigations.” The reality is much further from the truth as projected by the political parties and current administration.

The HIRE Act basically imposes capital controls on all American citizens of wealth. This same tactic has been initiated throughout history in other authoritarian regimes which force a large expatriation of wealthy citizens to renounce their citizenship and pay the required exit taxes or to repatriate funds home and endure the restrictions on their freedom. But knowing the Obamites as many of us do, there is a far more evil and devious plan behind the implementation of Section 1471. Note the huge rush and timing of the enacting of the HIRE Act; one week before the Obamacare bill was rammed through the House and Senate. What key portion of the health care legislation had to be passed to insure that the Obama socialized medical plan would succeed?

That’s right, section 1471 of the HIRE Act, designed not to ‘monitor’ foreign account holdings of American’s super wealthy but instead to keep medical practitioners and other citizens with talents and abilities necessary for the functioning of a nation trapped within its borders before far worse actions than the events post September 11th occur. Section 1471 was designed to insure that those Americans wishing to leave the country with their monies would be unable to, trapped either in the U.S. banking system and subjected to an extremely high taxation rate in the future, or forcing them to abdicate their citizenship and pay the extortion or exit tax as designed by Representative Charles Rangel several years ago.

If one thinks this is a myth, I simply remind my readers of a story I covered in great detail last year from eFinancial News from Dow Jones Newswires on March 9, 2011:

Private banks show US clients the door

The final implementation of the law is December 31, 2012 but the first reporting requirements begin on January 1, 2012 and foreign banks have no desire to allow and offer unlimited access to financial records from a foreign government entity, aka, the Internal Revenue Service. Thus American account holders are finding their foreign money managers and institutions politely asking them to depart post haste. Once sentence from the article tells anyone with common sense why this is happening:
    Krause said: “Although it will be difficult to ignore the US completely, some of the more bespoke wealth managers are entirely washing their hands of it. The administration involved with Fatca – the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act – is just too burdensome.”
    The intrusiveness was designed within the U.S. Code and the HIRE Act to be just that; a burdensome requirement that violates many of the domestic laws and rights of banks and financial institutions overseas. This insures that anyone who attempts to leave the Untied States with more than $50,000 will face a bureaucratic series of obstacles in establishing an overseas residency, much less functioning within that nation’s financial system.

This is the danger of DS-5513, revealing that it may well be the final padlock on the gates of what will become the largest detention camp constructed in world history. The security is in place, the spying and surveillance network built, the management and expansion of financial controls extensive and now locked into place via Dodd-Frank and the HIRE Act, and the militarization of local law enforcement well under way with Predator drones being delivered to local police departments via DHS grants. Everything is being put into place but for what event? What crisis would justify domestic paramilitary units, the establishment of NORTHCOM which has been engaged in “practice” exercises in American cities, and the expansion of the IRS to manage and monitor citizen’s financial activities?

The crisis does not have to be real, it can be created via a financial collapse or terrorist action “allowed” to occur; either way the infrastructure and now in place created should terrify every man, woman, and child with an ounce of common sense.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: The Largest Detention Camp in World History is Almost Complete

Were You Circumcised? New Passport Questionnaire Baffles Many With Absurd Info Demands

Who was present when you were born?

Can you remember every address you’ve ever had?

How about every place you’ve ever worked?

Were you circumcised?

What if I told you that those were some of the queries the State Department is proposing for a new “biographical questionnaire” as part of the passport application?

Sounds absurd, doesn’t it? It’s true. Take a look:

According to BoingBoing, the form is meant for those who, while applying for a passport, can’t produce a birth certificate. “But as the FA suggests,” the site notes, “the circumstances in which people unable to provide a birth certificate will be given this form (rather than the traditional bureaucratic investigation) are not spelled out; further, the form itself remains a Kafkaesque impossibility for most people to complete.”

Consumertraveler.com notes the near impossibility of the proposed application, too:
    The State Department estimated that the average respondent would be able to compile all this information in just 45 minutes, which is obviously absurd given the amount of research that is likely to be required to even attempt to complete the form.
    “It’s not clear from the supporting statement, statement of legal authorities, or regulatory assessment submitted by the State Department to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) why declining to discuss one’s siblings or to provide the phone number of your first supervisor when you were a teenager working at McDonalds would be a legitimate basis for denial of a passport to a U.S. citizen,” that site goes on to say.

The supporting statement does say the questionnaire will be “used to supplement an application for a U.S. passport when the applicant submits citizenship or identity evidence that is insufficient or of questionable authenticity.” Still, it does not define “insufficient or questionable authenticity.”

Libertarian website Reason.org calls the new form “disturbing,“ and in its headline covering the story further describes it as ”impossible to answer“ and ”creepy.“ Author Radley Balko theorizes it could be a ”tool to allow the State Department to turn down a passport when they can’t find a more legitimate reason.”

And it’s not just conservative sites that are raising alarm. The uber-liberal Village Voice mocks the form’s question asking if the applicant was circumcised (yes, that’s a real question).

According to the document, the answering the questionnaire is “voluntary,“ ”but failure to provide the information requested may result in processing delays or the denial of your U.S. passport application.”

The State Department was taking comments on the new application through yesterday. To read up more on the new form, you can go here and here.

(H/T: Weasel Zippers)

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

For 'non-institutional' births. It's trying to find other locations of medical documentation verifying a newborns location at birth.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

It is still a proposed form and not in a final format. Often in documents details or questions are written quite broad in scope and the public hearings of concerns modify the document. At least that is how it usually works from what I have observed.

Hate to say it, but even the author of the first post who starts out pretty balanced, paints a suggested picture of doom.

That said, I am aware of the restrictions going into place with overseas finances. I have been exploring this for other reasons.

So, while the ultimate ruse may be exactly what the author spelled out, but I would lay odds it is not so much about a planned design as what it is coming to as a whole from individual parts. Even the new DS form proposal with its ludicrous questions makes some sense if you cannot provide any verifiable proof of birth beyond sitting there breathing.

I have my passport and while I agree some of the questions would be hard pressed to know as proposed, it could perhaps mean doing the research ahead of time and keep a personal record for such an occasion.

As was suggested, naming the supervisor from when you were a teen at a fast food place could be impractical, oddly, I do remember my first bosses name and where it was.

Recently, the news has been reporting on hording of e-info like emails and out of date data. I do this. Why? Because I have a record of my life since e- became part of my life many years ago. I can and have referred back to items over a decade old or even older, as I have archived my old data. Items prior to that on paper have been scanned or kept.

I know I am unusual in the above, but I chronicle my life. That explained, such a form as intrusive as that would be doable for me, but not desired.

Also, bear in mind that government is not a living single entity. It is hoards of people in multitudes of stages of hierarchy and often they have no idea what the other is doing or thinking. Any designed 'take down' plan would require a small group with vast connections and the ability to sway legislation, fund and resources to their favorable way most all the time. Still, government is a bureaucracy and entrenched with slowness and misconnects, so to manage a massive take over or shut down woudl take astronomical effort on a scale never seen.

Thanks

32. Were you hatched?

Good grief.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Was just watching Beck on the idiot box, and he was discussing these forms - whick he has posted on his website.

He also mentioned his/their conversation with the State Dept about this:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/04/26/why-doesnt-gov-want-you-to-have-a-passport/

A State Department Official told Glenn’s producers, “The Biographical Questionnaire for a U.S. Passport, form DS-5513, is a supplemental form that an applicant may be asked to complete when information supplied on the application for a U.S. passport is insufficient to support passport issuance.”

“Where the information provided in an application is insufficient, rather than deny the application automatically, we ask for additional information to help an applicant prove his or her identity or citizenship.”

While not being able to answer a question would not preclude an applicant from being issued a passport, the official said, “Passport adjudicators will consider the information derived from the form in its entirety to confirm identity and citizenship, the two elements required by law for U.S. passport issuance.”

The goal of the questionnaire is to stop people from obtaining passports through fraudulent means, as a passport is “gold standard among identity documents”.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Backstop. That is what my thought are with the issue. Sure, it can be taken to warped extremes, but is it likely? Not unless we are under martial law, I'd think. I am for thwarting non eligible people from getting a Passport.

Thanks

Phil and I are on the same page.

Thanks

Papers, Ve must zee your papers.

I am not sure which is worse, ATF or DHS.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Beck starts out with our open borders and mass graves not in the ME but on our own border in Mexico where the dead had been sledge-hammered to death.

Then outlines if you can't make the undocumented 'documented' then the non-elected gov't NWO planners will make the documented 'undocumented' in part B.

Glenn Beck-04/26/11-A

Glenn Beck-04/26/11-B

Glenn Beck-04/26/11-C

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
    Like Obama's for instance?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

30 Signs That The United States Of America Is Being Turned Into A Giant Prison

If you live in the United States of America, you live in a giant prison where liberty and freedom are slowly being strangled to death. In this country, the control freaks that run things are obsessed with watching, tracking, monitoring and recording virtually everything that we do. Nothing is private anymore. Everything that you do on the Internet is being monitored. All of your phone calls are being monitored. In fact, if law enforcement authorities suspect that you have done something wrong, they will use your cell phone microphone to listen to you even when you think your cell phone is turned off. In many areas of the country, when you get into your car automated license plate readers track you wherever you go, and in many major cities when you are walking on the streets a vast network of security cameras and "smart street lights" are constantly watching you and listening to whatever you say. The TSA is setting up "internal checkpoints" all over the nation, Homeland Security is encouraging all of us to report any "suspicious activity" that our neighbors are involved in and the federal government is rapidly developing "pre-crime" technology that will flag us as "potential terrorists" if we display any signs of nervousness. If you are flagged as a "potential terrorist", the U.S. military can arrest you and detain you for the rest of your life without ever having to charge you with anything. Yes, the United States of America is rapidly being turned into a "Big Brother" prison grid, and most Americans are happily going along with it.

The sad thing is that this used to be "the land of the free and the home of the brave".

So what in the world happened?

A fundamental shift in our culture has taken place. The American people have eagerly given up huge chunks of liberty and freedom in exchange for vague promises of increased security.

Our country is now run by total control freaks and paranoia has become standard operating procedure.

We were told that the terrorists hate our liberties and our freedoms, and that we needed to fight the terrorists so that we could keep our liberties and our freedoms.

But instead, the government keeps taking away all of our liberties and our freedoms.

How in the world does that make any sense?

Have the terrorists won?

As a country, we have moved so far in the direction of communist China, the USSR and Nazi Germany that it is almost impossible to believe.

Yes, turning the United States of America into a giant prison may make us all slightly safer, but what kind of life is this?

Do we want to be dead while we are still alive?

Is this the price that we want to pay in order to feel slightly safer?

Where are the millions of Americans that still yearn to breathe free air?

America is supposed to be a land teeming with people thirsting for independence. For example, "Live Free or Die" is supposedly the official motto of the state of New Hampshire.

But instead, the motto of most Americans seems to be "live scared and die cowering".

We don't have to live like this.

Yes, bad things are always going to happen. No amount of security is ever going to be able to keep us 100% safe.

We need to remember that a very high price was paid for our liberty and we should not give it up so easily.

As one very famous American once said, when we give up liberty for security we deserve neither.

The following are 30 signs that the United States of America is being turned into a giant prison....

#1 A new bill that is going through the U.S. Senate would allow the U.S. military to arrest American citizens and hold them indefinitely without trial. This new law was recently discussed in an article posted on the website of the New American....
    In what may be a tale too bizarre to be believed by millions of Americans, the U.S. Senate appears ready to pass a bill that will designate the entire earth, including the United States and its territories, one all-encompassing “battlefield” in the global “war on terror” and authorize the detention of Americans suspected of terrorist ties indefinitely and without trial or even charges being filed that would necessitate a trial.
    U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham is a big supporter of the bill, and he says that it would "basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield".

According to the PPJ Gazette, the following are three things that this new law would do....
    1) Explicitly authorize the federal government to indefinitely imprison without charge or trial American citizens and others picked up inside and outside the United States;
    (2) Mandate military detention of some civilians who would otherwise be outside of military control, including civilians picked up within the United States itself; and
    (3) Transfer to the Department of Defense core prosecutorial, investigative, law enforcement, penal, and custodial authority and responsibility now held by the Department of Justice.
    #2 U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman is asking Google to install a "terrorist button" on all Blogger.com blogs so that readers can easily flag "terrorist content" for authorities.

#3 Most Americans have no idea how sophisticated the "Big Brother" prison grid has become. For example, in Washington D.C. the movements of every single car are tracked using automated license plate readers (ALPRs). The following comes from a recent Washington Post article....
    More than 250 cameras in the District and its suburbs scan license plates in real time, helping police pinpoint stolen cars and fleeing killers. But the program quietly has expanded beyond what anyone had imagined even a few years ago.
    With virtually no public debate, police agencies have begun storing the information from the cameras, building databases that document the travels of millions of vehicles.

Nowhere is that more prevalent than in the District, which has more than one plate-reader per square mile, the highest concentration in the nation. Police in the Washington suburbs have dozens of them as well, and local agencies plan to add many more in coming months, creating a comprehensive dragnet that will include all the approaches into the District.
    #4 In some American schools, RFID chips are now being used to monitor the attendance and movements of children while they are at school. The following is how one article recently described a program that has just been instituted at a preschool in California....
    Upon arriving in the morning, according to the Associated Press, each student at the CCC-George Miller preschool will don a jersey with a stitched in RFID chip. As the kids go about the business of learning, sensors in the school will record their movements, collecting attendance for both classes and meals. Officials from the school have claimed they're only recording information they're required to provide while receiving federal funds for their Headstart program.
    #5 Increasingly, incidents of misbehavior at many U.S. schools are being treated as very serious crimes. For example, when a little girl kissed a little boy at one Florida elementary school recently, it was considered to be a "possible sex crime" and the police were called out.

#6 But what happened to one very young student in Stockton, California earlier this year was even worse....
    Earlier this year, a Stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old.
    #7 In the United States today, police are trained to respond to even the smallest crimes with extreme physical force. For example, one grandfather in Arizona was recently filmed laying unconscious in a pool of his own blood after police rammed his head into the flood inside a Wal-Mart on Black Friday night. It was thought that he was shoplifting, but it turns out that he says that he was just trying to tuck a video game away so other crazed shoppers would not grab it out of his hands.

#8 Did you know that the government actually sets up fake cell phone towers that can intercept your cell phone calls? The following is how a recent Wired article described these "stingrays"....
    You make a call on your cellphone thinking the only thing standing between you and the recipient of your call is your carrier’s cellphone tower. In fact, that tower your phone is connecting to just might be a boobytrap set up by law enforcement to ensnare your phone signals and maybe even the content of your calls.

So-called stingrays are one of the new high-tech tools that authorities are using to track and identify you. The devices, about the size of a suitcase, spoof a legitimate cellphone tower in order to trick nearby cellphones and other wireless communication devices into connecting to the tower, as they would to a real cellphone tower.

The government maintains that the stingrays don’t violate Fourth Amendment rights, since Americans don’t have a legitimate expectation of privacy for data sent from their mobile phones and other wireless devices to a cell tower.
    #9 U.S. border agents are allowed by law to search any laptop being brought into the United States without even needing any reason to do so.

#10 In the United States of America, everyone is a "potential terrorist".

According to FBI Director Robert Mueller, "homegrown terrorists" represent as big a threat to American national security as al-Qaeda does.

Most Americans are not that concerned about the Patriot Act, but that might change if they understood that the federal government has a "secret interpretation" of what the Patriot Act really means. U.S. Senator Ron Wyden says that the U.S. government interprets the Patriot Act much more "broadly" than the general public does....
    "We’re getting to a gap between what the public thinks the law says and what the American government secretly thinks the law says."
    #12 The FBI is now admittedly recording Internet talk radio programs all over the United States. The following comes from a recent article by Mark Weaver of WMAL.com....
    If you call a radio talk show and get on the air, you might be recorded by the FBI.
    The FBI has awarded a $524,927 contract to a Virginia company to record as much radio news and talk programming as it can find on the Internet.
    The FBI says it is not playing big brother by policing the airwaves, but rather seeking access to what airs as potential evidence.
    #13 The federal government has decided that what you and I share with one another on Facebook and on Twitter could be a threat to national security. According to a recent Associated Press article, the Department of Homeland Security will soon be "gleaning information from sites such as Twitter and Facebook for law enforcement purposes".

What you say on your cell phone is never private. The truth is that that the FBI can demand to see your cell phone data whenever it wants. In addition, according to CNET News the FBI can remotely activate the microphone on your cell phone and listen to whatever you are saying....
    The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.
    #15 In some areas of the country, law enforcement authorities are pulling data out of cell phones for no reason whatsoever. According to the ACLU, state police in Michigan are now using "extraction devices" to download data from the cell phones of motorists that they pull over. This is taking place even if the motorists that are pulled over are not accused of doing anything wrong.

The following is how a recent article on CNET News described the capabilities of these "extraction devices"....
    The devices, sold by a company called Cellebrite, can download text messages, photos, video, and even GPS data from most brands of cell phones. The handheld machines have various interfaces to work with different models and can even bypass security passwords and access some information.
    #16 The federal government has become so paranoid that they have been putting GPS tracking devices on the vehicles of thousands of people that have not even been charged with committing any crimes. The following is a short excerpt from a recent Wired magazine article about this issue....
    The 25-year-old resident of San Jose, California, says he found the first one about three weeks ago on his Volvo SUV while visiting his mother in Modesto, about 80 miles northeast of San Jose. After contacting Wired and allowing a photographer to snap pictures of the device, it was swapped out and replaced with a second tracking device. A witness also reported seeing a strange man looking beneath the vehicle of the young man’s girlfriend while her car was parked at work, suggesting that a tracking device may have been retrieved from her car.
    Then things got really weird when police showed up during a Wired interview with the man.

The young man, who asked to be identified only as Greg, is one among an increasing number of U.S. citizens who are finding themselves tracked with the high-tech devices.
    The Justice Department has said that law enforcement agents employ GPS as a crime-fighting tool with “great frequency,” and GPS retailers have told Wired that they’ve sold thousands of the devices to the feds.
    #17 New high-tech street lights that are being funded by the federal government and that are being installed all over the nation can also be used as surveillance cameras, can be used by the DHS to make "security announcements" and can even be used to record personal conversations. The following is from a recent article by Paul Joseph Watson for ********.com....
    Federally-funded high-tech street lights now being installed in American cities are not only set to aid the DHS in making “security announcements” and acting as talking surveillance cameras, they are also capable of “recording conversations,” bringing the potential privacy threat posed by ‘Intellistreets’ to a whole new level.
    #18 If you choose to protest in the streets of America today, there is a good chance that you will be brutalized. All over the United States law enforcement authorities have been spraying pepper spray directly into the faces of unarmed protesters in recent weeks.

#19 In many areas of the United States today, you will be arrested if you do not produce proper identification for the police. In the old days, "your papers please" was a phrase that was used to use to mock the tyranny of Nazi Germany. But now all of us are being required to be able to produce "our papers" for law enforcement authorities at any time. For example, a 21-year-old college student named Samantha Zucker was recently arrested and put in a New York City jail for 36 hours just because she could not produce any identification for police.

#20 According to blogger Alexander Higgins, students in kindergarten and the 1st grade in the state of New Jersey are now required by law to participate "in monthly anti-terrorism drills". The following is an excerpt from a letter that he recently received from the school where his child attends....
    Each month a school must conduct one fire drill and one security drill which may be a lockdown, bomb threat, evacuation, active shooter, or shelter-in place drill. All schools are now required by law to implement this procedure.
    So who in the world ever decided that it would be a good idea for 1st grade students to endure "lockdown" and "active shooter" drills?
    To get an idea of what these kinds of drills are like, just check out this video.

#21 With all of the other problems that we are having all over the nation, you would think that authorities would not be too concerned about little kids that are trying to sell cups of lemonade. But sadly, over the past year police have been sent in to shut down lemonade stands run by children all over the United States.
    #22 The federal government has decided to invest a significant amount of time, money and energy raiding organic farms. The following example comes from Natural News....
    It is the latest case of extreme government food tyranny, and one that is sure to have you reeling in anger and disgust. Health department officials recently conducted a raid of Quail Hollow Farm, an organic community supported agriculture (CSA) farm in southern Nevada, during its special "farm to fork" picnic dinner put on for guests -- and the agent who arrived on the scene ordered that all the fresh, local produce and pasture-based meat that was intended for the meal be destroyed with bleach.
    #23 It is an absolute disgrace that all of us (including grandmothers and young children) must either go through body scanners that reveal the intimate details of our naked bodies or endure "enhanced pat-downs" during which our genitals will be touched before we are allowed to get on an airplane.

It is also an absolute disgrace that the American people are putting up with this.

#24 Invasive TSA security techniques are not just for airports anymore. Now, TSA "VIPR teams" are actively conducting random inspections at bus stations and on interstate highways all over the United States. For example, the following comes from a local news report down in Tennessee....
    You're probably used to seeing TSA's signature blue uniforms at the airport, but now agents are hitting the interstates to fight terrorism with Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR).

"Where is a terrorist more apt to be found? Not these days on an airplane more likely on the interstate," said Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security Commissioner Bill Gibbons.

Tuesday Tennessee was first to deploy VIPR simultaneously at five weigh stations and two bus stations across the state.
    TSA "VIPR teams" now conduct approximately 8,000 "unannounced security screenings" a year at subway stations, bus terminals, ports and highway rest stops.

#25 More than a million hotel television sets all over America are now broadcasting propaganda messages from the Department of Homeland Security promoting the "See Something, Say Something" campaign. In essence, the federal government wants all of us to become "informants" and to start spying on one another constantly. The following comes from an article posted by USA Today....
    Starting today, the welcome screens on 1.2 million hotel television sets in Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton, Holiday Inn and other hotels in the USA will show a short public service announcement from DHS. The 15-second spot encourages viewers to be vigilant and call law enforcement if they witness something suspicious during their travels.
    #26 Certain "types" of American citizens are being labeled as potential threats in official U.S. government documents. An unclassified Department of Homeland Security report published a couple years ago entitled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment" claims that a belief in Bible prophecy "could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons." The report goes on to state that such people are potentially dangerous.

#27 Back on February 20, 2009, the State of Missouri issued a report entitled "MIAC Strategic Report: The Modern Militia Movement". That report warned that the following types of people may be potential terrorists....

*anti-abortion activists
    *those that are against illegal immigration
    *those that consider "the New World Order" to be a threat
    *those that have a negative view of the United Nations
    #28 As I have written about previously, a very disturbing document that Oath Keepers has obtained shows that the FBI is now instructing store owners to report many new forms of "suspicious activity" to them. According to the document, "suspicious activity" now includes the following....
    *paying with cash
    *missing a hand or fingers
    *"strange odors"
    *making "extreme religious statements"
    *"radical theology"
    *purchasing weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
    *purchasing meals ready to eat
    *purchasing night vision devices, night flashlights or gas masks

Do any of those "signs of suspicious activity" apply to you?

Soon you may get labeled as a "potential terrorist" if you are just feeling a little nervous. A new "pre-crime" technology system that is currently being tested by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will soon be in use all over the nation. It is called "Future Attribute Screening Technology" (FAST), and it is very frightening. The following description of this new program comes from an article in the London Telegraph....
    Using cameras and sensors the "pre-crime" system measures and tracks changes in a person's body movements, the pitch of their voice and the rhythm of their speech.

It also monitors breathing patterns, eye movements, blink rate and alterations in body heat, which are used to assess an individual's likelihood to commit a crime.

The Future Attribute Screening Technology (FAST) programme is already being tested on a group of government employees who volunteered to act as guinea pigs.
    #30 The truth is that nobody puts more people into prison than America does. The United States has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest total prison population on the entire globe.

To read about some of the crazy things that the control freaks running things have planned for the future, just check out this article by Natural News: "10 outlandish things the 'scientific' controllers have in mind for you in the near future".

Once again, despite all of this outrageous "security", it is inevitable that a lot of really bad things are going to happen in the United States in the years ahead.

When there are incidents of violence, it is also inevitable that there will be calls for even more "Big Brother" security measures.

We are going to be caught in a never ending spiral of tyranny where the "solution" is always even tighter security.

Eventually, we will have lost all of our liberties and freedoms, and we will probably be even less safe than we are today.

Do not be deceived. We could put a soldier on every corner, a video camera in every room of every home and an RFID chip in every citizen but that would not make us "safe".

Every single lawmaker that is backing these laws which strip our liberties and freedoms away deserves to be voted out of office.

If you love the United States of America, please stand up and say something while you still can.

Please use this article and other articles like it as tools. Share them with your friends and your family. If we can get enough people to wake up, perhaps there is still enough time to turn the direction of this country around.

Will the final chapters of the history of the United States of America be mentioned in the same breath as communist China, the USSR and Nazi Germany, or will the final chapters of the history of the United States of America be the greatest chapters of all?

The choice, America, is up to you.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Senate Passes NDAA 2014 via Fast Tracking, President To Sign

Updated with roll call...

Andrew V Pontbriand
    Activist Post

Friday, December 20, 2013

Late Thursday night, the Senate passed the NDAA for Fiscal Year 2014, in a sweeping bill now being sent to the president which reports suggest he will sign.

The bill, is infamous for its language on indefinite detention, and "disappearing" of American citizens. Once again, the bill was past via Fast-Tracking while most of the country was sidelined on the Phil Robertson issue with Duck Dynasty.

The bill, now being sent to President Obama, also leaves out an amendment by Sen. Gillibrand on sexual assault prosecution, which in and of itself is curious. The bill passed the Senate in an 85-14 count, with the roll-call unavailable at this time.

“It’s a failure of leadership on the part of the majority leader,” Arizona Sen. John McCain told reporters, echoing Republican colleagues who said the accelerated process was designed to prevent tough votes on Iran sanctions and other controversial issues.

Also, the bill would authorize a release of $527 billion in base defense spending for the current fiscal year, plus funds for the war in Afghanistan and nuclear weapons programs overseen by the Energy Department, among numerous other controversial measures.

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/12/...-via-fast.html

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Well, it was bound to happen that when the citizenry values security and comfort over civic virtue, and desires to pick the pockets of everybody else (corparate welfare as bad as the regular dole), freedom will die.
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thread Information