Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Apologies!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My Apologies!

I'm sorry folks, it looks like my employer and I are to blame for the high unemployment. Please, if you can find it in your hearts, forgive me.

Obama Blames ATMs for High Unemployment
    June 14, 2011

President Obama explained to NBC News that the reason companies aren't hiring is not because of his policies, it's because the economy is so automated. ... "There are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers. You see it when you go to a bank and you use an ATM, you don't go to a bank teller, or you go to the airport and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate."

Actually... Thinking about it, perhaps it is a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy™...

Diebold makes voting machines and stole the election for Bush and, Diebold also makes ATMs and is causing unemployment to be high to make Obama look bad!

Coincidence? I think not!

Thanks

Default Re: My Apologies!

Yeah, the problem is automation.

Straight out of Atlas Shrugged.

I'm thinking we should have teams of people, manually switching telephone calls. That will put America back to work.

Even better, human farms of people flipping bits back and forth to make the worlds largest computer. You'd only need one. People would get paid whether they flipped bits or not because it would be unfair to some if they had to flip bits when they weren't feeling well or were still strung out and hungover.

This is the way to prosperity!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I just heard this morning... all those "government jobs" - contractors like me working for the government... are about to go away.

1200 people from Lockheed are about to be "laid off" before the end of this year. The news noted that "No one in Colorado Springs will be affected" - but we lost another 50 people a few days ago. So that's all bullshit and hiding the disaster that is coming.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

You dick.

Thanks

lmao
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I hang my head in shame...

In fact, I've just banned myself because of my transgressions.

Thanks

What are you laughing at Rick? You're banned too!

In fact, everyone is banned for these shenanigans!

ETA:

Thanks

Damnit!

You know....

Catfish is the one that called you a dick... not me. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, now we don't have to worry about that because I banned everyone!

Thanks

Well, with everyone banned... we won't be hit by any more trolls. No more spies. No more Chinese people trying to get in to see what we think of them.... etc
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Exactly! Wonder why I didn't think of it sooner.

Thanks

Lol, I should actually thank you. I'm into my second week of my first job in 15 months, so what ever you are doing, keep it up

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

ATM's cause Global Warming too. They use electricity and can sit idle for hours at a time when not used.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I just heard this morning... all those "government jobs" - contractors like me working for the government... are about to go away.

1200 people from Lockheed are about to be "laid off" before the end of this year. The news noted that "No one in Colorado Springs will be affected" - but we lost another 50 people a few days ago. So that's all bullshit and hiding the disaster that is coming.
    Is that ACE-IT Rick?

Thanks

President Obama Takes Swipe At Kiosks, ATMs For Unemployment Numbers
    June 15, 2011

In a Today show interview with Ann Curry, U.S. President Barack Obama talked about one of the reasons he thought employment numbers have been slow to rebound: self-service automation, specifially, kiosks and ATMs.

In the interview, President Obama said, "There are some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers. You see it when you go to a bank and you use an ATM, you don't go to a bank teller, or you go to the airport and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate. All these things have created changes in the economy, and what we have to do ... is identifying where the jobs for the future are going to be."

According to the Washington Examiner's Philip Klein, ATM Industry Association CEO Mike Lee sent in an email response that said, in part, that "President Obama should never use ATMs as an example of how technology replaces human labor because ATMs today play a critical role in providing extensive employment in the ATM and cash-in-transit industries."

Thanks

The linked Washington Examiner article:

ATM Industry Not Happy About Obama Comments
    June 15, 2011

The Automated Teller Machine industry is not happy about President Obama's comments that the development of ATMs has cost jobs. Here's a sampling of some of the feedback I've been getting.

Mike Lee, CEO of the ATM Industry Association, emailed me the following response:
    ‘President Obama should never use ATMs as an example of how technology replaces human labor because ATMs today play a critical role in providing extensive employment in the ATM and cash-in-transit industries. In addition, ATMs provide an indispensible range of services to customers, including all-hours access to their own banked cash. With over 400,000 in America alone, ATMs have become the main distribution channel for the distribution of cash in all modern economies and cash remains by far the most popular form of payment by US consumers. The whole purpose of the invention of the ATM back in 1967 was to make cash available outside of bank hours, liberating citizens to access their banked money 24 x 7, a huge increase in convenience. Given these major roles of the ATM, it would be quite irrational to turn the clock back to the 1960s to a time before ATMs.
    Aimee Leeper, a spokeswoman for ATM manufacturer Triton Systems, which makes its machines in America and employees 200 people here, told me over the phone, "We're not in the business of taking American jobs. What I wish President Obama had thought of is that people want convenient access to their money. How crazy is that?"

Thanks

My first BANNING! Yeah??????
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Hush you! You're banned!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGEUSAF View Post
    Is that ACE-IT Rick?
    No clue what it is. I heard announcement on the radio yesterday morning. That's all I know about it.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    No clue what it is. I heard announcement on the radio yesterday morning. That's all I know about it.
    ACE-IT is a sub contract under Lockheed. They do our IT stuff for the most part for the corps just wondering. I can see some of those guys going away.

Thread Information