Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michele Bachmann

Thanks

Default Michele Bachmann

Michele Bachmann announced today.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Michele Bachmann

Michele Bachmann launches 2012 presidential bid

Tea Party favourite kicks off campaign for Republican nomination with pledge to give Americans 'independence from government'

• Chris McGreal in Washington
    • guardian.co.uk,
    • Article history Michele Bachmann has launched her campaign for the 2012 US presidential elections. Photograph: Jeff Haynes/Reuters

Michele Bachmann, the rising favourite of the Tea Party movement, launched her presidential campaign on Monday with a pledge to give Americans "independence from government" so they can go back to relying on God and their neighbours.
      The Republican member of Congress kicked off her race for her party's nomination in Waterloo, Iowa, where she was born 55 years ago, with a significant opinion poll showing her tied with the front runner, Mitt Romney, in the state which is seen as a key battleground.
      But even as Bachmann played to the crowd with reminiscences about her childhood, she was already coming under scrutiny over her family's acceptance of hundreds of thousands of dollars in farm and business subsidies when she vigorously claims to be in favour of slashing government spending.
      Bachmann, who represents a district in neighbouring Minnesota in Congress, staked out a position aimed at Tea Party supporters who she said go far beyond the Republican right to include disaffected Democrats and independents. She said that because of years of failed government policies "the American dream is now distant from many Americans".
      "I think that Americans agree, our country is in peril today and we have to act with urgency to save it," she said.
      Bachmann said the people stand with her "against government that's got too big, spends too much and takes away too many of our liberties".
      Bachmann has called for corporate tax cuts, the scrapping of some environmental laws and the phasing out of a number of personal taxes. She has also called for greater fiscal restraint.
      "We can't continue to rack up debt and put it on the backs of the next generation. We can't afford an unconstitutional health care law that will cost us too much and deliver so little. We can't afford four more years of failed leadership here at home and abroad. We can't afford four more years of millions of Americans who are out of work and who aren't making enough in wages to support a family," she said.
      Bachmann played to her local roots, telling Iowans that she cried when her mother told her the family was leaving the state for Minnesota. "I always say everything I need to know I learned in Iowa," she said.
      The Des Moines Register released a poll of support for Republican presidential contenders in Iowa that put Bachmann in a virtual dead heat with Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who is considered a more mainstream candidate, among those likely to attend the caucus. Romney pulled in 23% while Bachmann had 22%. However, the Republican field is far from complete with potential heavyweights such as the Texas governor, Rick Perry, still to declare.
      For all her stand against big government, Bachmann is facing accusations of hypocrisy after being questioned about the fact that her family farm received $260,000 in federal subsidies and that her husband's business has accepted $30,000 from the state of Minnesota.
      Asked about the payments on Fox News, Bachmann said that her family never directly profited from the farm subsidies. "It's not my husband and my farm. It's my father-in-law's farm. And my husband and I have never gotten a penny of money from the farm."
      But, according to the Los Angeles Times, Bachmann's financial disclosure forms for the past two years show her receiving between $15,000 and $50,000 from the Bachmann Family Farm LP.
      In addition, the Los Angeles Times reported that Bachmann's husband received nearly $30,000 in subsidies from the state of Minnesota over the past five years for a counselling clinic he runs.
      "First of all, the money that went to the clinic was actually training money for employees," Bachmann said. "The clinic did not get the money. And my husband and I did not get the money either. That's mental health training money that went to employees."

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

NOW I am seeing a good set of candidates.

Herman Cain and Michele Bachman.

A good Prez and VP. In either order, I don't care.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

June 27, 2011 Conservative Favorite Michele Bachmann Launches Presidential Bid

Jim Malone | Washington, DC

[IMG]http://media.voanews.com/images/480*300/Michele_Bachmann_candidate_presidency_EEUU_republi can_480_AP.jpg[/IMG] Photo: AP
    Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., waves to supporters after making her formal announcement to seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination in Waterloo, Iowa. Bachmann, who was born in Waterloo, will continue her announcement tour this week with stops in New Hampshire and South Carolina, Monday, June 27, 2011

Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has formally launched her campaign for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. Bachmann is not the best known Republican running for president for next year, but she does have a growing national following among conservative voters who are looking for an alternative to the current front runner, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.
    Michele Bachmann kicks off bid for US president

Michele Bachmann kicked off her presidential campaign in the town where she was born, Waterloo, Iowa. “We can win in 2012 and we will win!” she exclaimed.

Bachmann has been elected to Congress three times from neighboring Minnesota, but her Iowa roots could help her next year when Iowa begins the presidential nominating process with its presidential party caucuses, now set for February.
    Polls indicate close run with Romney
    Bachmann got some good news in the latest Des Moines Register poll that found her nearly tied with Mitt Romney for the top choice among Iowa Republicans. Romney had 23 percent support followed closely by Bachmann at 22 percent. The rest of the Republican field lagged behind.

Bachmann hopes to capitalize on her support among two key Republican voting groups in the race for the 2012 nomination, social conservatives and Tea Party activists pushing for a smaller central government.

“Government thinks they know better how to make a better life for us. They think they create jobs. They even think they can make us healthier. But that is not the case. We have to recapture the founder’s vision of a constitutionally conservative government if we are to secure the promise for the future,” she said.

Like many other Republican presidential candidates, Bachmann contends the image of the United States around the world has declined under the leadership of President Barack Obama.

“And we can not afford four more years of a foreign policy with a president who leads from behind and who does not stand up for our friends like Israel, and who too often fails to stand against our enemies," she stated. "We cannot afford four more years of Barack Obama!”
    Political experts say Bachmann made a strong showing at the most recent Republican presidential debate in New Hampshire and the latest poll results suggest she has vaulted into the top tier of candidates that includes Mitt Romney.
    Some of Bachmann’s gain may be coming at the expense of former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty. He was seen by many analysts as a potentially strong contender when he first got into the race.

Nominee, still too early to call

But Pawlenty only received six-percent support in the Des Moines Register poll in Iowa even though he has intensively campaigned there for months.

Pawlenty spoke on NBC’s Today program. “These early polls are not very good predictors of how the race is going to come out. If they were we would have Hillary Clinton as president. So there is still plenty of time to do well in Iowa and beyond,” he said.

Political analysts note the 2012 presidential campaign is still in its early stages and the actual process of selecting a nominee will not begin until early next year.

But Michele Bachmann’s early bump in the polls and her proven ability to raise campaign funds should make her a formidable candidate in a crowded Republican presidential field.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

If she were to win the nomination over Mr. Cain, I'd vote for her no problem.

I'd still like to see Herman win the nomination over her since he has good business sense and that's a big part of what we need now.

Thanks

I was able to grab some twitter stuff just now. LMAO

1. gary_rothfeld‎ Gary Rothfeld Bachmann now officially a candidate: Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann formally announced her candidac... Gary Rothfeld News
      Twitter - seconds ago
    2. cnnbreak‎ Bachmann now officially a candidate: Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann formally announced her candidacy for the 20...
      Bachmann makes official 2012 presidential announcement - CNN.com‎ - cnn.com
      Twitter - seconds ago
    3. alanarussoMichele Bachmann - already the greatest. RT @TaraAriano: Oh, HONEY.
      The wrong John Wayne - Washington Times‎ - washingtontimes.com
      Twitter - seconds ago
    4. todayspolitics‎ Game On: The Obama Campaign Hammers Michele Bachmann #politics
      http://www.politicususa.com/en/ofa-michele-bachmann?utm_source ...
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    5. iteeth‎ RT @justinph: Why does Michele Bachmann's campaign logotype use the Austrian flag?
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    6. BigPondNews‎ Bachmann begins presidential campaign: US Republican Michele Bachmann kicked off her presidential campaign in Iowa.
      Bachmann begins presidential campaign | Top Stories | BigPond News‎ - bigpondnews.com
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    7. Dwade‎ RT @AnswerDave: I'd watch that film RT @KingMyno: Michele Bachmann promises to "mimic the spirit" of a psychotic serial killer -
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    8. ReanaKMichele Bachmann just needs to stop. Right now.
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    9. RTWilkinsIII‎ RT @DCPlod: Michele Bachmann pays tribute to the pivotal role Jeffrey Dahmer played at Pickett's Charge.
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    10. eugeniedfranval‎ that last tweet goes in the LOL DUMBASS file for Michelle Bachmann
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    11. Tallulahsfolly‎ Who the hell is Michele Bachmann?
      Twitter - 1 minute ago
    12. tantoncalamity‎ I'm beginning to think Sarah Palin & Michelle Bachmann are the same person.
      Twitter - 2 minutes ago
    13. FarRightGirlMichele B goes official with her prez annouce. Libs cringe in horror and fear. It's Bachman turn them overdrive......
      Twitter - 2 minutes ago
    14. sffilmworks‎ RT @DaphneUviller: "Michele Bachmann is a "bold" choice for President, much like "meth lab" is a bold use for the spare bedroom."-Art C., who should tweet.
      Twitter - 2 minutes ago
    15. POTUSRace2012‎ Photos: Michele Bachmann in Waterloo #Iowa
      Photos: Michele Bachmann in Waterloo | Iowa Caucuses‎ - desmoinesregister.com
      Twitter - 2 minutes ago
    16. Julias__Child‎ RT @DaphneUviller: "Michele Bachmann is a "bold" choice for President, much like "meth lab" is a bold use for the spare bedroom."-Art C.
      Twitter - 2 minutes ago
    17. TylerWashburn‎ My Candidate is Michele Bachmann, a true Common Sense Conservative.
      Twitter - 3 minutes ago
    18. fetch9‎ I seriously can't tell the difference between Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin anymore
      Go Fetch - I seriously can't tell the difference between Michelle ...‎ - tumblr.com
      Twitter - 3 minutes ago
    19. JessicaKestler‎ RT @sbellelauren: on behalf of all comedians, a warm welcome to the 2012 presidential race michele bachmann
      Twitter - 3 minutes ago
    20. TylerCurtis‎ RT @soundofphilly: "Only elitists care about factually correct statements" - Michelle Bachmann
      Twitter - 3 minutes ago
    21. CMDeB‎ RT @BrandonKiser: can't. stop. laughing. RT @POLITICO2012 Michele Bachmann stumbles into one heck of a case of mistaken identity
      John Wayne of Waterloo - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com‎ - politico.com
      Twitter - 3 minutes ago
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Kinda glad I don't use that thing. I'd be bloody rude.

Like the maggots on the left.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Posted at 12:08 PM ET, 06/27/2011 Michele Bachmann: Of and for the tea party

By Chris Cillizza

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., greets supporters after her formal announcement to seek the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, Monday, June 27, 2011, in Waterloo, Iowa. Bachmann, who was born in Waterloo, will continue her announcement tour this week with stops in New Hampshire and South Carolina. (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel)Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann made one thing crystal clear in announcing her intention to run for the Republican presidential nomination Monday in Iowa: She aims to be the tea party candidate in 2012.
    “I want my candidacy for the presidency to stand for the moment when ‘we the people’ reclaimed our independence from a government that has gotten too big, spends too much and has taken away too much of our liberty,” she said.
    The speech was larded with references to the founding fathers — Bachmann even quoted Daniel Webster — and repeatedly envisioned a return to first principles; “We have to recapture our founders’ vision of a constitutionally conservative government if we are to secure the promise of the future,” Bachmann said at one point.
    Bear-hugging the tea party is clearly what Bachmann hopes will distinguish her from a top tier of candidates that includes the likes or more establishment-aligned candidates like former governors Mitt Romney (Mass.), Tim Pawlenty (Minn.) and Jon Huntsman (Utah).
    Each of those candidates — with the possible exception of Huntsman — will court tea party activists. But none of the three is, ultimately, of the movement in the same organic way that Bachmann can claim she is.
    Bachmann’s strategic gambit is not dissimilar to the way in which former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee positioned himself among Iowa evangelical voters in 2008.
    Huckabee touted his credentials as a Baptist minister to prove to social conservatives that he wasn’t just another politician trying to win their vote but someone who — throughout his life — had been fighting the fight alongside them.
    It worked as Huckabee won Iowa despite being drastically outspent by Romney.
    The new Des Moines Register poll suggests that Bachmann’s embrace of the tea party could pay major political dividends for her in next year’s caucuses.
    More than six in ten people in the survey identified themselves as a tea party supporters — far more than the 46 percent who described themselves as born-again Christians.
    (Those numbers suggest that fiscal issues could well trump social ones in Iowa in 2012 but that’s a subject for another column.)
    Of those who identified as tea party supporters, Bachmann received 29 percent in a hypothetical 2012 caucus ballot — well ahead of businessman Herman Cain (16 percent) and Romney (14 percent).
    What the Register poll makes clear is that if Bachmann can simply maintain her support among those who closely identify with the tea party, she’s the frontrunner in the state’s caucuses. (For a fuller treatment of Bachmann as Iowa frontrunner, make sure to check out our post from this morning.)
    Of course, Bachmann’s attempt to unify the tea party behind her — in Iowa and beyond — isn’t a simple task.
    While Romney, Pawlenty and Huntsman aren’t likely to challenge her seriously on that front, two candidates still contemplating the race — former Alaska governor Sarah Palin and Texas Gov. Rick Perry — could well fracture the Bachmann tea party coalition.
    Palin, who will be in Iowa Tuesday to attend the premiere of a biopic about her life in elected office, has long cast herself as a candidate for and of the tea party and almost certainly would do so again if she entered the 2012 presidential race.
    Ditto Perry who was the first major Republican politician to attend a tea party rally — way back in the summer of 2009 — and whose states’ right message is perfectly attuned to tea party activists who resent what they believe to be the out-of-control growth of the federal government under President Obama.
    Of course, the longer Perry and Palin stay on the sidelines the more time Bachmann has to consolidate the tea party behind her. And, if her announcement speech on Monday is any indication, she is moving quickly to do just that.

By Chris Cillizza | 12:08 PM ET, 06/27/2011
    Libertatem Prius!

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Guess it was today's paper that suggested a Perry/Bachman ticket would be good.

Thanks

Rick Perry?

Hmmm I don't think I know much about him.... I am not sure I like him that much for some reason, I don't know why. Can't put my finger on that.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rick Perry... I'd vote for him too if he got in the race and won the nomination. He's got some negatives for sure but he's definitely better than Romney and the rest of the pack (excluding Cain and Bachmann, of course).

Thanks

I like her, always have, but I think she has a tendency to polarize. People love her or hate her, at least that has been my experience with her.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I like her, always have, but I think she has a tendency to polarize. People love her or hate her, at least that has been my experience with her.
    Golly... Seems to me that Bush "polarized" people. The Left HATED him.

Obama polarizes people. Nearly everyone hates him now, except the extreme left.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I decided I'd like to see a Bachman/Palin ticket.

I think most of you guys are male chauvinist pigs anyway.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Rick Perry?

Hmmm I don't think I know much about him.... I am not sure I like him that much for some reason, I don't know why. Can't put my finger on that.
    I like Rick Perry...there are some good things he has done but also some bad.

I like Glenn Beck a lot but his hidden relationship with Rick Perry feels creepy and shouldn't be if he was more open about it.

However as of late Rick Perry has done some Conservative things like standing up to the TSA which I'm hoping is not just for talking points during is race.

Michele Bachmann seem the most sincere in the pack, the media is going to hammer her because she is a real conservative candidate.

Sarah is good but the Media nearly destroyed her to the point where she had to give up her Governorship to re-define herself. However I believe she has become a much stronger person through it and the Media marvels to this day at her fortitude

For those who are opposed of Rick Perry...here are some reasons why.

14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President

Supporters of Texas Governor Rick Perry are not going to like this article at all. Right now, Republicans all over the United States are touting Rick Perry as the "Republican messiah" that is going to come charging in to save America from the presidency of Barack Obama. Many believe that if Rick Perry enters the race, he will instantly become the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012. Perry certainly looks the part and he knows how to give a good speech, but when ordinary Americans all over the country take a hard look at his record, they may not like what they see. The truth is that Rick Perry is a big-time globalist, he has raised taxes and fees in Texas numerous times, he has massively increased the size of government spending and government debt in Texas, he has been trying to ram the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the Texas people and he tried to force young women all over Texas to be injected with the Gardasil vaccine. No, Rick Perry is not going to save America. In fact, he would likely be very, very similar to both Bush and Obama in a lot of ways.

Right now, Rick Perry is trying to portray himself as a "good conservative" so that if he enters the race he will be accepted by Christian conservatives. If Rick Perry did win the Republican nomination, he would have a great chance of winning the general election because he would very much be an "establishment" candidate.

But before Republicans get too excited about Rick Perry, there are a whole lot of things that they should know about him.

The following are 14 reasons why Rick Perry would be a really, really bad president....

#1 Rick Perry is a "big government" politician. When Rick Perry became the governor of Texas in 2000, the total spending by the Texas state government was approximately $49 billion. Ten years later it was approximately $90 billion. That is not exactly reducing the size of government.

#2 The debt of the state of Texas is out of control. According to usdebtclock.org, the debt to GDP ratio in Texas is 22.9% and the debt per citizen is $10,645. In California (a total financial basket case), the debt to GDP ratio is just 18.7% and the debt per citizen is only $9932. If Rick Perry runs for president these are numbers he will want to keep well hidden.

#3 The total debt of the Texas government has more than doubled since Rick Perry became governor. So what would the U.S. national debt look like after four (or eight) years of Rick Perry?

#4 Rick Perry has spearheaded the effort to lease roads in Texas to foreign companies, to turn roads that are already free to drive on into toll roads, and to develop the Trans-Texas Corridor which would be part of the planned NAFTA superhighway system. If you really do deep research on this whole Trans-Texas Corridor nonsense you will see why no American should ever cast a single vote for Rick Perry.

#5 Rick Perry claims that he has a "track record" of not raising taxes. That is a false claim. Rick Perry has repeatedly raised taxes and fees while he has been governor. Today, Texans are faced with significantly higher taxes and fees than they were before Rick Perry was elected.

#6 Even with the oil boom in Texas, 23 states have a lower unemployment rate than Texas does.

#7 Back in 1988, Rick Perry supported Al Gore for president. In fact, Rick Perry actually served as Al Gore's campaign chairman in the state of Texas that year.

#8 Between December 2007 and April 2011, weekly wages in the U.S. increased by about 5 percent. In the state of Texas they increased by just 0.6% over that same time period.

#9 Texas now has one of the worst education systems in the nation. The following is from an opinion piece that was actually authored by Barbara Bush earlier this year....
    •  We rank 36th in the nation in high school graduation rates. An estimated 3.8 million Texans do not have a high school diploma.
    •  We rank 49th in verbal SAT scores, 47th in literacy and 46th in average math SAT scores.
    •  We rank 33rd in the nation on teacher salaries.
    #10 Rick Perry attended the Bilderberg Group meetings in 2007. Associating himself with that organization should be a red flag for all American voters.

#11 Texas has the highest percentage of workers making minimum wage out of all 50 states.

#12 Rick Perry often gives speeches about illegal immigration, but when you look at the facts, he has been incredibly soft on the issue. If Rick Perry does not plan to secure the border, then he should not be president because illegal immigration is absolutely devastating many areas of the southwest United States.

#13 In 2007, 221,000 residents of Texas were making minimum wage or less. By 2010, that number had risen to 550,000.

#14 Rick Perry actually issued an executive order in 2007 that would have forced almost every single girl in the state of Texas to receive the Gardasil vaccine before entering the sixth grade. Perry would have put parents in a position where they would have had to fill out an application and beg the government not to inject their child with a highly controversial vaccine.

Since then, very serious safety issues regarding this vaccine have come to light. Fortunately, lawmakers in Texas blocked what Perry was trying to do.

According to Wikipedia, many were troubled when "apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck's hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work."

Rick Perry has a record that should make all Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians and Independents cringe.

He is not the "conservative Republican" that he is trying to claim that he is. He is simply another in a long line of "RINOs" (Republicans in name only).

If Rick Perry becomes president, he will probably be very similar to George W. Bush. He will explode the size of the U.S. government and U.S. government debt, he will find sneaky ways to raise taxes, he will do nothing about the Federal Reserve or corruption in our financial system and he will push the agenda of the globalists at every turn.

Look, the truth is that another four years of Barack Obama would be a complete and total nightmare.

But so would four years of Rick Perry.

America deserves better than the "lesser of two evils".

Unfortunately, the American people have been dead asleep and have been sending incompetents, con men and charlatans to Washington D.C. for decades.

Hopefully things will be different in 2012.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post

I like Glenn Beck a lot but his hidden relationship with Rick Perry feels creepy and shouldn't be if he was more open about it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is because Glenn is considering a move to Texas. After all, with his show wrapping up and the way people in NY treat he and his family during something as simple as a movie in the park, I wouldn't be surprised. I also think it is because he is using Texas as an example of how the "system" when being run correctly can prosper even in times like now.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is because Glenn is considering a move to Texas. After all, with his show wrapping up and the way people in NY treat he and his family during something as simple as a movie in the park, I wouldn't be surprised. I also think it is because he is using Texas as an example of how the "system" when being run correctly can prosper even in times like now.
    I agree with you there, the hate the Left has for Glenn is ugly. If they get wind of his strategy they will do everything they can to stop it.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

America can NOT afford anyone with shit on his plate.

I don't like Perry. I don't know why. He... I can't explain it, but he seems what my wife calls "oily". I call them "smarmy". Same thing, something about the guy.

Ms. Bachman, so far, has it for me hands down.

I like Herman Cain a lot too. So he has it hands down.

For me, those two right now, of all of them would be the best.

Palin is still up there for me, but since all the rest of you want to let the media win fine.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is because Glenn is considering a move to Texas.

Glenn Beck To Move to Texas; Rents $20,000-A-Month House
    July 1, 2011

New Yorkers better get their heckling in fast, because Glenn Beck is headed for the Lone Star State.

The TV host and commentator recently sold his New Canaan, Conn., mansion, to Maura Abeln Smith, recently named general counsel of PepsiCo, for $3.6 million. The listing agent, Lynne Leonard, confirmed Beck was headed to Texas.

"They are going to the Dallas area," Leonard told the Daily News. "They will be renting. It's secure and gated."

Dallas-based real estate blogger Candy Evans reported that Beck is moving into the 7,900-square foot estate owned by baseball player Jorge Piedra and Swarovski heiress Vanessa Piedra. Beck has leased the home, on the market for $3.9 million, for $20,000 a month. According to Evans, the home has been on the market since 2009 and was originally listed for $5.4 million.

The seven-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom spread is set on 2 acres of land. The listing said there is "extensive use" of hardwoods, limestone and travertine, and, of course, Swarovski crystal fixtures throughout the home.

The Vaquero Estates is in a swanky part of the Westlake area, and home to the parents of The Jonas Brothers.

So what will whiteboard-wielding Beck do in Texas? He's said before on his show that he will continue his media empire: “As we build a new media, I’m not building it in New York.” He's also "joked" with Texas Gov. Rick Perry that he'll run for governor.

It seems like many in New York won't miss him. He held back tears Tuesday recounting how he was verbally assaulted in Bryant Park while watching an outdoor movie with his wife and daughter.

Beck, 47, said cinemagoers turned on him during Monday's screening of Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps." One person, he said, shouted "We hate conservatives here" and another yelled "We're in New York and we hate Republicans."

"You would think there would be some common decency, especially among the culturally superior here in New York," he said on his show.

Word is he still has a Manhattan apartment and that his production company, Mercury Radio Arts, will still base some operations out of New York. That could mean frequent visits from Beck, you know, to check out the superior culture.
    Looks like some nice digs but, I don't know about that measly 2 acres of land.

Thanks

I thought everything was bigger in Texas?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information