Thread: Woman Gets Beer from Kitchen Faucet

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Woman Gets Beer from Kitchen Faucet

Woman Gets Beer from Kitchen Faucet
    OSLO, Norway - It almost seemed like a miracle to Haldis Gundersen when she turned on her kitchen faucet this weekend and found the water had turned into beer.

Two flights down, employees and customers at the Big Tower Bar were horrified when water poured out of the beer taps.

By an improbable feat of clumsy plumbing, someone at the bar in Kristiandsund, western Norway, had accidentally hooked the beer hoses to the water pipes for Gundersen's apartment.

"We had settled down for a cozy Saturday evening, had a nice dinner, and I was just going to clean up a little," Gundersen, 50, told The Associated Press by telephone Monday. "I turned on the kitchen faucet and beer came out."

However, Gundersen said the beer was flat and not tempting, even in a country where a half-liter (pint) can cost about 25 kroner ($3.75) in grocery stores.

Per Egil Myrvang, of the local beer distributor, said he helped bartenders reconnect the pipes by telephone.

"The water and beer pipes do touch each other, but you have to be really creative to connect them together," he told local newspapers.

Gundersen joked about having the pub send up free beer for her next party.

"But maybe it would be easier if they just invited me down for a beer," she said.

Thanks

Default Re: Woman Gets Beer from Kitchen Faucet

Damn! Why can't I have those type of plumbing problems?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, really... All my plumbing problems have been considerably more messy and smelly.

Thanks

Same here. My son decided to drop big rocks down my sewage cleanout pipe and we ended up with quite a mess in our basement shortly there after.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a worse plumbing mess. Not too be too graphic, but if you are squeemish of the details, even subtle in nature - skip this.

I have resided in an apartment building with sewage piping joined for the unit above mine to pass to mine and on to the nether-reaches of sewers.

That's all well and good for simplicity sake of plumbing, but not so good one day when my 'out' pipe in the bathing/toilet area stopped flowing just beyond my unit.

My upside neighbor subsequently, without knowledge of the problem, proceeded to use her toilet for solid waste management and then take a shower. Net effect, I had her waste and shower soap water flowing up my drains and out my toilet and tub onto the floor. Not pleasant.

I was unaware of the problem until I heard water splashing and issued towels to the floor and doorway edge to avoid contaminating the carpet in the outer bath area where the sink basin and counter were.

A call to emergency services with the owners did get a maintenance call quickly, but what a nasty mess. They brought bleach water in a bottle for spraying the affected surfaces to kill bacteria. I threw away my towels and had to get new ones.

Thread Information