Thread: Things to ponder

Thanks

Default Things to ponder

Is the captain of a boat still considered Master and Commander? Does the captain of the boat also serve as TSA agent? Does a captain get to "pat down" passengers? Have I had one to many shots of Jack?
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: Things to ponder

Drink more; it always makes things more clear.

At least for me.

Thanks

It's a pretty expensive venture to spend a million dollars on a decent sized boat just so you can feel up the hot girls as they get on.

Best to just ring up some floozy from Craigslist. It'll probably only run you $250.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Evidently Ms. Luke does not agree that an air mattress qualifies as a sailing vessel, so pat down will have to take place in a more secure area. My friend Jack always seems to make trouble for me.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

I'm the captain of my ship.

I only pat down my wife, with her permission of course and I can't get her to go topless... however, several of the gals from Rock Bottom have volunteered to do so any time they get on my boat (much to the chagrin of my wife).

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

The "Captain" of a ship, in the US is the Master of the ship in most cases. There are cases where the captain is not the "Master" (Master is actually the license title you get from the USCG here in the states). Sometimes the owner of a large vessel is the "Captain" but hires a "Master" to drive the ship.

In my case, I am "Captain" in name only. No license at this time and no plan to obtain one, since they are required in the USA only for commercial operations (similar to a us state issued commercial driver's license). They are issued by the US Coast Guard after extensive testing on various subjects (I've been studying the subjects) and sufficient amount of sea time (sea time is how much time you've spend on a boat either commanding it, or acting as crewmember, or officer).

In yachting, like what I do, the "Captain" in general is the owner of the vessel and anything from about 25' in length up is considered a "yacht". (I own a yacht).

The "Captain" in recreational yachting is basically the guy who is going to get you there and back again, should have a broad general knowledge of everything from how the boat works, the rigging stands up and the running rigging moves. He needs to know things like engine maintenance, and first aid, is able to swim, and knows the safety regulations that are guidelines issued by the USCG.

The Captain needs to be confident in his own abilities and help or show his crew how to do their own jobs, and correct them when they are doing it incorrectly, all without yelling (I'm working on the not yelling part, haha).

The Captain needs to be able to make important decisions, and needs to sometimes, do things in an emergency that others can't do.

In other words, the Captain has to be the hero all the way through.

This is a job best suited for me

He also gets to feel up the First Mate if she's married to him. Sometimes.

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information