Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *SOLD* 2002 Isuzu Axiom-*NEW TRUCK PICS*

Thanks

Default *SOLD* 2002 Isuzu Axiom-*NEW TRUCK PICS*

I know it's a long shot, but figure what the heck. I'm getting a 2004 Dodge 4x4 with snow plow from my mom so I need to sell the Ax.

If you know someone in the area, it's a good deal. It's got some issues, but it's cheap.

-------------
    It's been a pretty decent vehicle. I've taken pretty good care of it. Strict oil changes every 3k.

The Tranny was replaced at 400 miles(yeah, 400) and again 86k miles. Currently 128k miles.

It's a 4x4 truck frame. 3500 tow capacity with hitch but no power for lights.

It passed inspection a couple weeks ago so it's good for 2 years.

In the last 5k miles, I've done the following.

New brake pads
    New timing belt
    New Water Pump
    New Fuel Pump
    New Y pipe
    New Vacuum Canister around the gas tank to fix emissions.
    New Gas cap.
    2 new O2 sensors
    Transmission oil changed.
    New Battery

In the past 15k miles it had:
    New Shocks, disabling the horrid factory 'active' suspension. I always hated the ride.
    New tires and wheels.

Known issues
    AC works but loses charge. Havn't filled it this year.
    The gas mileage calculator thingy on the dash stopped working.
    Transmission doesn't always shift into OD. 1-3 always work fine and you can drive highway speeds no issue even in if it doesn't shift.
    Battery terminal on negative side needs R&R. I put a new $2 one on there but it really needs done properly.

If you need a part time vehicle that does well in snow and can haul bigger stuff around, maybe this is for you?

Kelly blue book lists it at $4200 for "fair" condition.

I'll take of 2k off for the issues.

I'm looking for $2200

This picture was last year. It still looks pretty much the same.

Here's the pictures when it was new: http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/axiom/axiom.html
    Last edited by Malsua; August 12th, 2011 at 00:14.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: F/S 2002 Isuzu Axiom

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    AC works but loses charge. Havn't filled it this year.
    Go get some of this and don't look back. Had the same problem with my Grand Cherokee and 1 can of that later and it still hasn't lost the charge after over 2 years. Granted, if you have a big hole though, don't use too much of it. Phil knows all about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Transmission doesn't always shift into OD. 1-3 always work fine and you can drive highway speeds no issue even in if it doesn't shift.
    You try something like a Sea Foam treatment?

Sounds like a great price!

Thanks

Sold
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Congrats!

What, if anything, is replacing it?

Thanks

My mom is selling me a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 3/4 ton truck. It was my Step dad's truck that she bought for him in 04...and she bought him a new one in 2010.

It's got the snow plow front end on it so its basically a 1 ton truck.

Blu book is 14k, she's selling it to me for half. I got 2k for the Ax so I'm getting a plow ready truck with 60k miles for 5k. I just couldn't turn it down.

Standard cab, 5.7 hemi, standard bed. I think it's the SLT model but I'm not sure.

This last winter was so brutal, I don't want to deal with that again. When the snow plow guy buries me in...push it right back out. I'm stoked.

The ability to carry 4x8 sheets of plywood and drywall will come in handy when we build the addition in the next year, so that's a big plus.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I want to get a 3/4 ton diesel... but probably not worth the effort and trouble and cash now....
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Peterle almost has me talked into buying a white Toyota pickup. Seems to be the vehicle of choice for the discriminating revolutionary.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

And here it is.

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Good lookin' truck!

Thanks

Nice truck.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

It's a nice truck indeed

Now I have a question...

anyone know which lug drive this is?
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Spline drive lug nuts.

Needs a spline drive socket.

That McGard one probably isn't right for yours though. Looks like it is 8 spline and you've got 6. You should be able to take it to a local tire shop and have them replace them with standard ones.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice truck Mal. I had a '99 and it was my pride and joy for many years. I had always wanted a big truck and did get a '99 quad cab long bed. Green. Very green, with the tint window Snugtop back.

I traded it in towards my current joy. Sadly, the Dodge did not book well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Spline drive lug nuts.

Needs a spline drive socket.

That McGard one probably isn't right for yours though. Looks like it is 8 spline and you've got 6. You should be able to take it to a local tire shop and have them replace them with standard ones.
    I believe it's a Gorilla Nuts...6 spline.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small.di....locks.page_14

Based on the lugs for my truck, 14x1.5, those use the .9 tool or
    Gorilla 1378SDKEY 13/16" and 7/8" Hex Lug Nut tool.

What I'm reading shows these tools split easy so I'm just going to figure out what regular nuts I can put on there and toss 'em. I may junk the rims anyway, they're pretty filthy and I don't imagine they'll clean up.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Fiord View Post
    Nice truck Mal. I had a '99 and it was my pride and joy for many years. I had always wanted a big truck and did get a '99 quad cab long bed. Green. Very green, with the tint window Snugtop back.

I traded it in towards my current joy. Sadly, the Dodge did not book well.
    This one blue books at right around 14k but that really has no bearing on me as I don't intend to sell it any time soon.

I'm looking at snow plows.

Fricking Western/Meyer whatever snow plows are around $5000 installed.

I thinking I'm going to get a snowsport plow. Totally manual. My boss has one on his 2004 Dodge Ram and says it works great. The best part...it's $1450 and I can mount it myself. http://www.agricover.com/index.php/p.../category/C24/

For about $100 I can add a harbor freight cheapo winch to it. I just want to plow the end of my drive and cleanup around my road. The best part about this plow is that it doesn't mess up gravel. It'll work for me and I don't have to worry bout frozen pumps and whatnot when I really need it.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I'm not touching Gorilla Nuts.....

/chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I'm not touching Gorilla Nuts.....

/chuckles
    Did you do a Butthead chuckle when you wrote that? http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/taa/ARMY.WAV
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Hahahaha

No, but now that you mention it, it might have been appropriate. LOL!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

For your wheels and plow, try Craigslist.

Someone might be looking for a set of beater factory wheels for winter use and be interested in yours. When I changed my Grand Cherokee's wheels from 17" to 16" (cheaper all terrain tires), I listed the factory 17s on CL and ended up getting something like $150 for the 5 of them.

Also, the summer months are a great time to get a good deal on a used plow. You should be able to find a used Meyer or Western for under $2k. I know I've seen a couple in the $1500-$1700 range looking on there for a friend.

Also, Harbor Freight is just fine for winches. They have a new line of Badland Winches out that are supposed to be better over their previous line, which were pretty decently regarded as reliable and tough already (if not a little slow). Just wait until they go on sale and then walk in with a 20% off coupon. Should be able to snag a 12k lb. one for close to $300. In fact, looks like it might be on sale now.

Thanks

I've been looking at CL for plows...the problem is, most of those guys sell the truck that had the mounts on it and are left with a plow without mounts. So now, for $1500 you can get a used plow and spend 800 bucks getting the mounts for it and when you hook it up? Hydrolic oil leaks, the controls don't work, no power, etc and pretty soon you have another 500 bills in repairs.

You'd be amazed...I must have spent 5 hours yesterday reading pro and con review about the snowsport plow. The pro...everyone that has it loves it. The con...the people who don't have it and think it won't work. The _BEST_ part about the thing is _ZERO_ maintenance. Drop it, leave it in the weeds, come get it next year and it works just the same. You can't do that with a real plow. It floats so curbs aren't a problem.

My boss just loves his, his only complaint would be the lack of a lift and with a cheap harbor freight winch, you can eliminate that.

I know it looks goofy and it's not conventional, but a used plow is someone's problem. I got rid of my big blue problem, I don't need a new one
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information