Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *SOLD* 2002 Isuzu Axiom-*NEW TRUCK PICS*

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: F/S 2002 Isuzu Axiom

Looks like it is designed like a snow box attachment for a loader/skid steer so I'll bet it is every bit as effective as people say.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, that is a good looking plowhead. It has an adapter for my vehicle too. I'm going to think about this myself as it is non invasive to the vehicle body, save for adding a front hitch receiver.

Thanks

They have a reverse version if you already have a hitch.

If you have youtube access, look for "snowsport winch" and see the mods people have done.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Default Re: *SOLD* 2002 Isuzu Axiom-*NEW TRUCK PICS*

Got my plow and got it mounted.

It was a chore, but I got 'er done.

It's entirely manual but my boss has one and says it works great. It's also about 1/4 the cost of a "regular" plow. It has no maintenance. Can't beat it for what I need.

I lowered one side so you could see how it works. It just rides right along the ground and flips out when you go backward.

Last edited by Malsua; August 12th, 2011 at 00:20.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Nice mal.

Thanks

Yeah, looks good!

Did you install the hitch or have it done? With the front hitch, you could get a removable winch mount to fit in there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Yeah, looks good!

Did you install the hitch or have it done? With the front hitch, you could get a removable winch mount to fit in there.
    The plow comes with a Curt front hitch. It took me 3 or so hours to install it. I ended up taking off the bumper which made it much easier. Some of those hitches are pure bolt ons, I had to drill some holes in the frame rails. Temp mount the hitch, center punch the hole, drill a 1/4 pilot hole then used a step drill to expand it out to 1"1/8. I also drilled out some other holes that the directions said, but I didn't end up needing.

I will probably have a winch or something on there eventually. I want to add a winch to the plow.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Oh and all my coworkers are busting my balls for the chrome "Redneck flames". lol.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I wasn't going to say anything.

Not my style but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

By the way, if you really want looks, you should drive around with that thing on the front right now. Anyone asks you could either say you're just ready for "The Big One" or tell them it's your anti-zombie plow.

Thanks

The flames came with the truck, heh.

If it makes people think I'm a stupid hick, more the better

I can't drive around with it yet, it was missing the swivel pin and they're sending it along, but you're right, I need to give people a weird look and mumble something about zombies.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information