Thread: NFL 2011 - 2012 Season

Thanks

Default NFL 2011 - 2012 Season

Don't know if we'll even have a season this year, but I figured we may as well get ready for it.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2011 - 2012 Season

I quit watching pro baseball and basketball after they went on strike. Football is by far my most favorite sport, but if they go on strike I am done watching that too. We build them stadiums, shell out ungodly amounts of money for tickets and merchandise, allow them to preempt our favorite shows and this is how they choose to repay us. Fuck em.

Thanks

I agree. It is getting tiresome. I hope they work this out before it comes to a strike. Both parties realize it's only going to cost them hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions if it goes too far. So I figure they'll cave soon on both sides enough to work out an agreement.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

NEW YORK -- When NFL owners meet in seven days in Atlanta, the hope is that they will have a completed proposal for a new collective bargaining agreement on which to vote.
    There is still plenty of work to be done, and it continued during negotiations Thursday morning. But significant progress was made on the issue of the rookie wage scale, according to a source, and it appears it could be solved soon if the parties can work out a few remaining minor issues.
    The owners have made concessions regarding the fifth-year compensation for rookies, sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora, marking the breakthrough in negotiations that had failed to materialize over the last week of meetings in Manhattan.

Rest of article at link.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I agree with Catfish. Football is my favorite contact sport but enough is enough.
    Chances are if my favorite team wins the Superbowl this year it will always be with an astericks after it denoting a shortened season.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

I don't really see a shortened season. I suspect a labor deal will be finished next week. Just way too much money on the line. And if there's one thing both sides agree to, it's that they both really really like money.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I'm not ready to declare that there will be a shortened season either but training camp is coming up quickly so you can never be to sure. I'm more worried about lack of workout time and cohesion among players. The Vikings drafted a top QB, lack of practice could be detrimental if and when he starts. It's all about timing between a QB and receivers, that comes from hours of practicing and playing with each other, with out that, it can be a long season. Whenever great QB's are late to training camp, the beginning of the season usually starts slow. It happened to Peyton Manning just in the last 2-3 seasons, late to camp and had a horrible start.

Thanks

Hopefully the Vikes will look to free agency and bring in a veteran this year to help mentor their new QB. I think many of the first round QB busts over the years have been due to starting them too quickly. It's not often a QB out of college can transition to the NFL from the start, and it just makes more fiscal sense to sideline them for a year or two depending on the offensive schemes.

I think the Vikes have a real chance to do a team build in the next couple years that could net them a couple trophies if done right. We'll see which way they go with it. I'm of a mind that trying to trade a high pick for Carson Palmer would be a good way for them to go.
    Brian Baldwin

Thread Information