Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Impeach Obama

Thanks

Default Re: Impeach Obama

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    We seriously have a frigging narcissistic, sociopathic, Marxist, golfing, vacationing, childish moron for a president. We should all be very proud.
    Affirmative action in action, pushed to it's idiotic but natural and logical conclusion, so white liberal people in 2008 and 2012 could sleep better at night thinking they weren't racists like everybody else.

Who's sleeping better at night now with this man as President?
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thanks

Default Re: Congress May Impeach Obama

Pentagon On Obama’s 60 Minute Interview: “Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting”…

Posted on September 29, 2014 by sundance
    Um, yeah, we’ll take “BS” for $1000 Alex….

WASHINGTON DC - Nearly eight months ago, some of President Obama’s senior intelligence officials were already warning that ISIS was on the move. In the beginning of 2014, ISIS fighters had defeated Iraqi forces in Fallujah, leading much of the U.S. intelligence community to assess they would try to take more of Iraq.
    But in an interview that aired Sunday evening, the president told 60 Minutes that the rise of the group now proclaiming itself a caliphate in territory between Syria and Iraq caught the U.S. intelligence community off guard. Obama specifically blamed James Clapper, the current director of national intelligence: “Our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that, I think, they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” he said.
    Reached by The Daily Beast after Obama’s interview aired, one former senior Pentagon official who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq was flabbergasted. “
    Nearly eight months ago, some of President Obama’s senior intelligence officials were already warning that ISIS was on the move. In the beginning of 2014, ISIS fighters had defeated Iraqi forces in Fallujah, leading much of the U.S. intelligence community to assess they would try to take more of Iraq.
    But in an interview that aired Sunday evening, the president told 60 Minutes that the rise of the group now proclaiming itself a caliphate in territory between Syria and Iraq caught the U.S. intelligence community off guard. Obama specifically blamed James Clapper, the current director of national intelligence: “Our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that, I think, they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,” he said.
    Reached by The Daily Beast after Obama’s interview aired, one former senior Pentagon official who worked closely on the threat posed by Sunni jihadists in Syria and Iraq was flabbergasted. “Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bullshitting,” the former official said. (read more)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I've seen an oft quote Obama statement that I went to investigate. I won't BUY his damned book to find out either.

The quote goes thus: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

According to "factcheck.org" (a site set up by Obama's hencemen and libertards) it's false. According to this article, with the exact location listed, it's true.

B. HUSSEIN OBAMA: 'I will stand with the Muslims. . .

Will injustices in America ever go away completely?

by: j. grant swank, jr | published: 07 01, 2008
    More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on google Share on twitter

Note what B. Hussein Obama says in his own words. They are from his books entitled “Dreams of My Father” and “Audacity of Hope.

In “Audacity of Hope” he writes: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” The quote comes from page 261 of the paperback edition of “The Audacity of Hope.

B. Hussein was writing about the injustices suffered by some in America. In that context he wrote that sentence.

Will injustices in America ever go away completely? No. We live in an imperfect world. Therefore, will the situation ever arise by which Muslims in the United States will cry out for B. Hussein to lean in their favor. Of course. And will he?

Well, he’s already said he will “stand with the Muslims.” Need we go any further?

More from “Dreams of My Father,” B. Hussein writes: “I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

And further in that same book: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.

There is more: “There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

Has the Jeremiah Wright twenty year tutoring of anti-white, pro-blackism wedded to B. Hussein’s perspective regarding blacks and whites? No doubt.

B. Hussein writes in “Dreams of My Father” that “it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

This is particularly telling and frightening: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.

Did you get that? Malcolm X, racist who despises white people, is his hero.

Concerning his father, note: “He comes from a father who was a Muslim,” said civil rights author Juan Williams of National Public Radio. “I mean, I think that given we’re at war with Muslim extremists, that presents a problem.

In addition, Obama’s stepfather was a practicing Muslim.

Now we have him carrying with him a Hindu charm. Because of this, Hindus have congregated worldwide to celebrate B. Hussein’s election as US President.

For instance, in India there is the All-India Congress Committee member Brij Mohan Bhama having organized an 11-day religious ceremony at Karol Bagh for B. Hussein’s success in the presidential elections. All this is because Hindus learned that B. Hussein carries a miniature Hanuman idol in his pocket.

A larger configuration of the charm is formed as an impressive idol to be mailed to B. Hussein.

“We will ensure that Mr. Obama receives the idol by August 24, a day before the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Colorado,” said Mr. Bhama.

No wonder B. Hussein truly despises biblical Christians usually referred to as “evangelicals.” His situation ethics relativistic liberal religion is antithetical to biblical Christianity.

If in the Oval Office, he will see to it that biblical Christianity is erased completely. There will not be one sign of the Judeo-Christian heritage left once B. Hussein is in the White House.

Read “Obama Blasts Dr. James Dobson” at The Conservative Voice at http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/32873.html
    Read “CAL THOMAS: OBAMA ‘FALSE PROPHET’ at http://jgrantswankjr.blogspot.com/20...e-prophet.html
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Obama Gives Muslim Nation $195,000,000 For Muslim Holiday

Posted on 7 June, 2014 by clyde

It’s the Muslim holiday, Eid al-Fitr, which marks the end of Ramadan. President Obama has decided to give $195M of taxpayer money to the Islamic nation of Syria to mark the occasion.
    In an official White House release, President Obama said: “Michelle and I send our warmest greetings to Muslims celebrating Eid al-Fitr here in the United States and around the world. During the past month, Muslims have honored their faith through prayer and service, fasting and time spent with loved ones.”
    Then, he gets to the best part of any holiday celebration…the gifts!
    “To help the many Syrians in need this Eid al-Fitr, the United States is providing an additional $195 million in food aid and other humanitarian aid, bringing our humanitarian contribution to the Syrian people to over $1 billion since the crisis began.”
    Meanwhile, the sequester continues, the White House is not conducting educational tours, and our military don’t have the necessary equipment to protect themselves.
    Is this a time to celebrate with a war-torn Muslim country, or a time to be fiscally responsible?
    http://americanoverlook.com/obama-gi...oliday-5/18883
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdiYfvY_2-4
    ARRESTED FOR ANTI-OBAMA POSTS

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Question: How in the HELL does the Executive Officer operate a business, or a country, without a good briefing of what is happening around him?

Answer: He doesn't operate it very well at all.

Obama has skipped more than HALF of his daily intel briefings – as spies hit back after he blamed them for underestimating ISIS

• Report from the Government Accountability Institute examined the president's public calendar every day since his first inauguration
    • He has skipped most of his briefings, attending just 42.1 per cent of them in person
    • Daily briefs can also be delivered to the president in writing, and he prefers to read them on his iPad
    • On Sunday Obama blamed his Director of National Intelligence for failing to foresee the rise of the ISIS terror army in Iraq and Syria

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor, In Denver
    Published: 09:32 EST, 30 September 2014 | Updated: 12:59 EST, 30 September 2014

President Barack Obama has skipped his in-person daily intelligence briefing on four out of every seven days of his presidency, according to a shocking report released Tuesday.

The Government Accountability Institute, previously best-known for needling members of Congress over insider-trading deals that lax laws have rendered legal, used the official White House calendar to compile a list of the days when Obama wasn't scheduled to receive a briefing.

The resulting numbers showed that he only attended the Presidential Daily Brief 42.1 per cent of the time.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

+4

Obama received daily briefings in person only 3 out of every 7 days; this photo shows his November 14, 2012 brief with then-National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, then-Chief of Staff Jack Lew, and then-Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough

+4

Vacuum: Obama reads his briefings alone most of the time, without the benefit of Q&A with his advisers

ABC News reported in 2012 that the president often prefers to receive his daily briefing in writing, and reads it on his iPad.

An Obama administration national security aide confirmed this to MailOnline on Monday.

'It's pretty well-known that the president hasn’t taken in-person intelligence briefings with any regularity since the early days of 2009,' the aide said. 'He gets them in writing.'

The resulting picture is one of a solitary chief executive consuming his intelligence briefs in a vacuum instead of engaging in two-way conversations with generals and spymasters.
    ALL THE PRESIDENTS' BRIEFINGS

U.S. presidents have handled daily intelligence briefings in a variety of ways, according to the CIA's history of the Presidential Daily Briefing.

George W. Bush expected oral CIA briefings six days per week and hardly ever missed them, but that often allowed officials to steer the president toward operations that the agency preferred.

Ronald Reagan often got his briefings in writing but largely met only with his National Security Adviser; the National Security Agency was miffed that its reps were seldom invited into the Oval Office.

Jimmy Carter was known for taking notes on his briefing pages as he met with his National Security Adviser, who would returned them to the CIA for analysis and answers.While Richard Nixon was president, his briefings were couriered each morning to National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger. The president was casual about digesting it, but referred to it throughout the day.

When Gerald Ford became president following Nixon's resignation, he insisted on an oral briefing from the CIA as his first meeting every morning so he could keep up with Kissinger, who had become Secretary of State.

The personal disconnect between the Oval Office and the intelligence community has been a sore spot for the military, the CIA and the National Security Agency since early in the Obama presidency.

Those tensions came to a head on Sunday, when the president blamed Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for failing to foresee the ISIS terror army's rise to power.

Clapper 'has acknowledged that, I think, they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria,' he said during a '60 Minutes' interview.
    Responses from the intel community were both fast and furious.

'Either the president doesn’t read the intelligence he’s getting or he’s bulls***ting,' a former senior Pentagon official told the Daily Beast.

The national security aide who spoke to MailOnline said that 'unless someone very senior has been shredding the president's daily briefings and telling him that the dog ate them, highly accurate predictions about ISIL (also called ISIS) have been showing up in the Oval Office since before the 2012 election.'

'We were seeing specific threat assessments' from the intelligence community,' the staffer said, 'and many of them have panned out exactly as we were told they would.'
    Conservatives accuse Obama of 'skipping' intelligence briefings

+4

Under the bus: During a recent interview the president blamed his national intel director, James Clapper, for failing to spot the rise of ISIS

+4

Bombing run: An F-22A Raptor is pictured refueling before carrying out airstrikes in Syria on September 26

ISIS, the self-proclaimed Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, has steamrolled its way through one-third of Iraq and Syria and left ethnic cleansing and millions of refugees in its wake.

After the deadly 2012 terror attack on a U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, Breitbart.com found that Obama had not attended an in-person daily briefing on the five days preceding the highly organized assault by an al-Qaeda-linked militia group.

American Crossroads, a conservative political group, leapt into the fray with an ad lambasting the president for skipping his briefings while maintaining a steady presence on golf courses.
    'Mr President: It's time to show up for work,' blared the biting video.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Pentagon Official: The President Is Lying To America — About Us, And About ISIS

Posted on by Tom Fernandez
    http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=Vide...deoId=27362468

JOSEPH MILLER
    Contributor

Joseph Miller is the pen name for a ranking Department of Defense official with a background in U.S. special operations and combat experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. He has worked in strategic planning.

President Barack Obama has taken a lot of flak since his Sunday night “60 Minutes” interview, in which he blamed the intelligence community for his failure to tackle the threat posed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. And that is right and proper. Because not only was his excuse of blaming us a lie, but when questioned on his lie, White House press secretary Josh Earnest doubled down with a whole new lie — both of which are easily, publicly proven false.

On Sunday, Obama said the intelligence community had underestimated the rise of ISIS, saying in an interview with CBS, “Our head of the intelligence community, Jim Clapper, has acknowledged that, I think, they underestimated what had been taking place in Syria.”

But we know that isn’t true, as nearly a dozen administration officials have testified to the threat posed by ISIS publicly over the last year.

The fact that the president chose to use the word “they” instead of “we” immediately drew condemnation from friend and foe alike, who saw it as the president’s attempt to pass the buck. (RELATED: Obama Has Spent More Time Playing Golf Than In Intel Briefings)

To mitigate the fallout, Earnest’s office issued a statement stating that, “…A lot of that [decision-making] was predicated on the will of the Iraqi security forces to fight for their country.”

But this was also not true.

In 2010, General Lloyd Austin, then-commander of United State Forces in Iraq, directly informed the president that over 20,000 U.S. troops would be required to maintain the gains made by U.S. forces against al-Qaida and its affiliates, and to mentor the fledgling Iraqi security forces– because he knew they were not ready to go out on their own. (MILLER: The Facts Are In, And Obama’s Policy Is A Direct Danger To The United States)

But in order for Austin’s plan to work, the United States would have to negotiate and sign a security agreement with the government of Iraq to give the U.S. legal authority to keep U.S. military forces in that country beyond December 2010. The White House claims they were forced to withdraw because then-Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki refused to grant U.S. force serving in Iraq post 2010 immunity from Iraqi prosecution– a prerequisite for the presence of U.S. forces anywhere else in the world. But the administration made no attempt to seriously negotiate an agreement with the Iraqis, and cited our withdrawal from Iraq as a major achievement during the 2012 elections, giving the American intelligence community the distinct feeling that the move was politically motivated. (MILLER: Obama’s Current StrategyIs Doomed To Fail)

Instead of investing any time in negotiating the agreement, the Obama administration used the Maliki regimes refusal to grant immunity as a political out for withdrawing all U.S. combat forces from Iraq by the end of 2010. That saw the immediate withdrawal of U.S. forces and the end of Operation New Dawn, the successor to Operation Iraqi Freedom. It also saw the rise of ISIS, and brings us to where we are today. (MILLER: What It Will Take To Win The War Against The Islamic State)

Today, Gen. Lloyd Austin is in command of U.S. Central Command– the U.S. combatant command in charge of fighting all wars in the Middle East, Central Asia and parts of North and East Africa. From that post, he once again recommended to the president that ground forces would be required in order to achieve the White House’s goals, this time against ISIS in Syria and Iraq. (MILLER: Iraq A Symptom Of Larger Obama Failure — Syria)

Once again, the president overruled his commanding general and has chosen to use air strikes alone to “destroy” a terrorist army of 30,000.

The president clearly does not think the mission is worth the cost necessary to complete it; but by pursuing his ends without authorizing the necessary means, he is dooming that mission to failure. (MILLER: Special Forces, Not #Hashtags, Mr. President)

The United States military and intelligence community have learned a lot over the past decade of conflict. Our commander in chief, unfortunately, has not. Since the start of his administration, President Barack Obama has ignored his generals and the intelligence community. Over the past few weeks, he has half-heartedly pursued a strategy that destines us to fail in our mission, and over the past three days, he and his White House have lied to prove otherwise. To those who wear our nation’s uniform, or serve in her intelligence community, that’s insult — and injury.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Obama Needs to be Impeached – He Has Lost His Mind If There Ever Was One

Martin Armstrong's blog ^ | October 7, 2014 | Martin Armstrong

Posted on 10/7/2014, 2:26:13 AM by Vince Ferrer

Obama seriously needs to be impeached. Just when you thought it couldn’t possibly get worse – it just did! He has attempted to block Russia from the world economy as a whole removing them from the SWIFT system entirely! He is totally insane and this would warrant World War III and quite frankly one could not blame Russia. Someone has to do something about Obama. He has gone too far and his conspirator Christine LaGarde has been threatening all tax havens that they will be removed from the SWIFT system if they do not give up all foreign accounts.

The international payments financial organization SWIFT has refused to cut off Russia from all international financial flows. The organization announced that they have received appropriate policy prompts. However, it would not be forced to violate laws by Obama. The incident shows that Obama is operating behind the curtain far beyond his constitutional power and Congress needs to immediately call hearings and distance itself from Obama.

I am by no means being political here. This is a serious violation of international law and it should NOT be tolerated in the least. I cheer the SWIFT organization – enough is enough and expose Obama to the world.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ebola and Obama
    Townhall.com ^ | 10-7-2014 | Thomas Sowell

Posted on 10/7/2014, 3:14:29 AM by servo1969

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is both a danger in itself and a wake-up call for Americans -- about President Obama, about the institutions of this country and, most important, about ourselves.

There was a time when an outbreak of a deadly disease overseas would bring virtually unanimous agreement that our top priority should be to keep it overseas. Yet Barack Obama has refused to bar entry to the United States by people from countries where the Ebola epidemic rages, as Britain has done.

The reason? Refusing to let people with Ebola enter the United States would conflict with the goal of fighting the disease. In other words, the safety of the American people takes second place to the goal of helping people overseas.

As if to emphasize his priorities, President Obama has ordered thousands of American troops to go into Ebola-stricken Liberia, disregarding the dangers to those troops and to other Americans when the troops return.

What does this say about Obama?

At a minimum, it suggests that he takes his conception of himself as a citizen of the world more seriously than he takes his role as President of the United States. At worst, he may consider Americans' interests expendable in the grand scheme of things internationally. If so, this would explain a lot of his foreign policy disasters around the world, which seem inexplicable otherwise.

Those critics who have been citing Barack Obama's foreign policy fiascoes and disasters as evidence that he is incompetent may be overlooking the possibility that he has different priorities than the protection of the American people and America's interests as a nation.

This is a monstrous possibility. But no one familiar with the history of the twentieth century should consider monstrous possibilities as things to dismiss automatically. Nor should anyone who has followed Barack Obama's behavior over his lifetime, and the values that behavior reveals.

A few critics who, early on, sensed something un-American, if not anti-American, in Barack Obama, succumbed to the idea that he was not a native-born citizen. That claim blew up in their faces.

Nor was birthplace crucial anyway. People born overseas have put their lives on the line to defend America, and scientists who escaped from Europe in the 1930s played a major role in creating the nuclear bomb that made the United States a superpower. Conversely, the country's most notorious traitor -- Benedict Arnold -- was born on American soil.

Whatever the reason, or combination of reasons, that led to President Obama's foreign policy disasters around the world -- with the crowning disaster of all, a nuclear Iran, looming on the horizon -- it cannot be a simple lack of knowledge or experience. Various former members of the Obama administration are telling the same story, of information and advice from knowledgeable and experienced officials being ignored by this vain and headstrong man.

Back in the 18th century, Edmund Burke pointed out that, whatever the institutions of government, most of the outcomes of what it does "must depend upon the exercise of the powers which are left at large to the prudence and uprightness of ministers of state."

What did the American voters know about the prudence and uprightness of this untried man they elected president, as a result of his glib rhetoric and his racial symbolism? It is not just bad luck when a reckless gamble turns out disastrously.

No one knows at this point how big the Ebola danger may turn out to be. But what we do know is that official reassurances about this and other dangers have become worthless.

The erosion of Constitutional government over the years has become, under the Obama administration, a deluge of arbitrary edicts and defiant lawlessness protected by a grossly politicized Department of Justice.

It may be time to consider reorganizing the institutions of government, so that high officials who try to reassure the public about medical crises are not officials who serve "at the pleasure of the president." Nor should the Attorney General, whose duty is to enforce the laws, be part of an administration whose law-breakers the Justice Department can protect from prosecution.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

by #AceNewsGroup

UNITED STATES: ‘ Cornel West Calls Obama the Black Face of the American Empire ‘

Rate This

#AceNewsServices – UNITED STATES – October 07 – Activist and public intellectual Cornel West has lashed out at President Obama’s run as the United States’ top official, calling him the “Black face of the American empire.” He says Obama has marginalized social movements that criticize US policies.

Philosopher Cornel West.(Reuters / Lucas Jackson)

In an excerpt from his upcoming book, titled ‘Black Prophetic Fire,’ the controversial Union Theological Seminary professor claims that President Obama’s ascendancy represents a large shift of African-American leaders enmeshing themselves with the political establishment.

As a result, West argues that Obama’s presidency has made it harder for African-Americans to criticize US policies which continue to make their lives difficult.

“The unprecedented historical symbolism of the first Black president has misled many if not most Black people to downplay his substantial neo-liberal policies and elevate his [and his family’s] brilliant and charismatic presence,” West writes in the excerpt, which was published on-line by Salon.

#ANS2014

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Of course he did: Obama Official Praises Mosque Of Oklahoma Beheader Alton Nolen

Posted on October 7, 2014 by DCG | 5 Comments

Daily Caller: An Obama administration official traveled to Oklahoma City Saturday to offer words of praise to congregants at the mosque attended by Alton Nolen, the recent Muslim convert who beheaded a co-worker last month.
    David Myers, the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Center for Faith-based & Neighborhood Partnerships, spoke at the Greater Islamic Society of Oklahoma City’s Eid al-Adha celebration, according to KFOR.
    “Your service is a powerful example of the shared roots of the Abrahamic faiths and how our communities can come together in shared peace with dignity and a sense of justice,” said Myers, reading from a letter penned by President Barack Obama.
    At the DHS center, which falls under the control of FEMA, Myers’ job is to “build, sustain and improve effective partnerships between DHS and faith-based and voluntary organizations.”
    According to KFOR, in the letter Obama thanked the congregation for their community service in the aftermath of a devastating tornado that wrecked havoc in Moore last year.
    Myers’ special trip was seemingly meant to counteract negative attention the mosque has received following Nolen’s gruesome murder of coworker Colleen Hufford.
    Wonder if Obama knew of this: “Oklahoma beheader’s mosque once led by imam of Boston jihadis’ mosque.”
    Suhaib Webb, an Imam with ties to former Al Qaeda mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki, had also previously been the leader of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City, which had been attended by Alton Nolen — the man who on Thursday beheaded a former coworker after recently converting to Islam, Breitbart News has learned. Webb now serves as Imam of the sister organization of the mosque attended by Boston Marathon bombers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev.
    Imam Suhaib Webb has a history of ties to radicalism. FBI surveillance documents found that he was a known confidant of Al Qaeda mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki. Just two days before the September 11, 2001 attacks on America, Webb spoke at a fundraiser with Awlaki with hopes to raise funds for Atlanta-based H. Rap Brown, a man that shot and killed two police officers. The FBI documents also found that “Webb and Awlaki may be associated with the Muslim American Society,” which is a group described by the Investigative Project on Terrorism as being “founded as the United States Chapter of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he did.
    DCG
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

No, no travel ban... But let one American try to leave without their vaccinations....

White House: West Africa Travel Ban Is ‘Not Something We’re Currently Considering’

October 7, 2014 6:48 AM
    Share on email ?
    View Comments

Related Tags:

CDC, Ebola, Liberia, President Barack Obama, Spain, West Africa, White House
    Latest News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.

WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — Raising fresh concern around the world, a nurse in Spain on Monday became the first person known to catch Ebola outside the outbreak zone in West Africa. In the U.S., President Barack Obama said the government was considering ordering more careful screening of airline passengers arriving from the region.
    In dealing with potential Ebola cases, Obama said, “we don’t have a lot of margin for error.”
    “We have learned some lessons…in terms of what happened in Dallas. We don’t have a lot of margin for error. The procedures and protocols that are put in place must be followed,” Obama stated.
    Already hospitalized in the U.S., a critically ill Liberian man, Thomas Duncan, began receiving an experimental drug in Dallas. But there were encouraging signs for an American video journalist who returned from Liberia for treatment. Ashoka Mukpo, 33, was able to walk off the plane before being loaded on a stretcher and taken to an ambulance, and his father said his symptoms of fever and nausea appeared mild.
    “It was really wonderful to see his face,” said Dr. Mitchell Levy, who talked to his son over a video chat system at Nebraska Medical Center.
    In Spain, the stricken nurse had been part of a team that treated two missionaries flown home to Spain after becoming infected with Ebola in West Africa. The nurse’s only symptom was a fever, but the infection was confirmed by two tests, Spanish health officials said. She was being treated in isolation, while authorities drew up a list of people she had had contact with.
    Medical workers in Texas were among Americans waiting to find out whether they had been infected by Duncan, the African traveler.
    In Washington, the White House continued to rule out any blanket ban on travel from West Africa. White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday it is “not something we’re currently considering.”
    People leaving the outbreak zone are checked for fevers before they’re allowed to board airplanes, but the disease’s incubation period is 21 days and symptoms could arise later.
    Airline crews and border agents already watch for obviously sick passengers, and in a high-level meeting at the White House, officials discussed potential options for screening passengers when they arrive in the U.S. as well.
    Nancy Castles, a spokeswoman for Los Angeles International Airport, said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has had employees on site at more than a dozen major international airports in the U.S. like LAX for many years. Screening of passengers starts with Customs and Border Protection agents, who work with CDC when they have a case they are concerned about.
    Obama said the U.S. will be “working on protocols to do additional passenger screening both at the source and here in the United States.” He did not outline any details or offer a timeline for when new measures might begin.
    “I consider this a top national security priority. This is not just a matter of charity,” Obama said. “It is also an issue with respect to the political stability and economic stability of this region.”
    Additional screening would not have caught Duncan because he wasn’t exhibiting any Ebola symptoms when he arrived in the U.S.
    The Obama administration maintains that the best way to protect Americans is to end the outbreak in Africa. To that end, the U.S. military was working Monday on the first of 17 promised medical centers in Liberia and training up to 4,000 soldiers this week to help with the Ebola crisis.
    The U.S. is equipped to stop any further cases that reach this country, said Earnest.
    “The tragedy of this situation is that Ebola is rapidly spreading among populations in West African who don’t have that kind of medical infrastructure,” Earnest said.
    About 350 U.S. troops are already in Liberia, the Pentagon said, to begin building a 25-bed field hospital for medical workers infected with Ebola. A torrential rain delayed the start of the job on Monday.
    Obama also called on other countries to help deal with the Ebola outbreak.
    “Countries that think that they can sit on the sidelines, and just let the United States do it — that will result in a less effective response, a less speedy response and that means that people die,” Obama explained. “It also means that that the potential spread of the disease beyond these areas in West Africa becomes more imminent.”
    The virus has taken an especially devastating toll on health care workers, sickening or killing more than 370 in the hardest-hit countries of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone — places that already were short on doctors and nurses before Ebola.
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry urged the U.S. government to begin screening air passengers arriving from Ebola-affected nations, including taking their temperatures.
    Perry stopped short, however, of joining some conservatives who have backed bans on travel from those countries.
    Federal health officials say a travel ban could make the desperate situation worse in the afflicted countries, and White House spokesman Earnest said it was not currently under consideration.
    Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly said he saw no need for additional screening at airports and noted that airlines already carefully clean planes.
    Airlines have dealt with previous epidemics, such as the 2003 outbreak in Asia of SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome.
    “Now it’s Ebola,” Kelly said. “We are always on the alert for any kind of infectious disease.”
    The U.S. didn’t ban flights or impose extra screening on passengers during the SARS outbreak or the 2009 swine flu pandemic. Both of those were airborne diseases that spread more easily than the Ebola virus, which is spread by contact with bodily fluids.
    The CDC did meet many direct flights arriving from SARS-affected countries, to distribute health notices advising travelers that they might have been exposed, how they could monitor their health and when to call a doctor.
    Canadian health authorities attempted various methods of screening arriving passengers for SARS, including sometimes checking for fever. Authorities later reported that five SARS patients entered Canada in three months, but none had symptoms while traveling through airports.
    General airport fever checks aren’t very effective, especially as flu season begins, said Lawrence Gostin, a prominent health law professor at Georgetown University. But checking and questioning only passengers from the outbreak zone “might reassure the public. I don’t think there would be a big downside.”
    The SARS death rate was about 10 percent, higher for older patients. Its new relative MERS, now spreading in the Middle East, appears to be more deadly, about 40 percent. About half of people infected with Ebola have died in this outbreak.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

America’s Military:Rumblings Of A Coup? Commentary By Adina Kutnicki

Posted on

THE most honest way to describe the Anti-American-in-Chief is the “fu-k you President”. Basically, there are countless photos of him literally “giving the finger” during working sessions (as infrequent as they are…not exactly a hard worker, in between his “golf, nookie and nappy time), knowing full well that many of his gestures would make it into print. One has to wonder: why would he behave so blatantly disrespectful and worse? Rhetorical. There are far too many reasons to enumerate at this specific commentary, but they are housed within this site, if curious. Nevertheless, they mainly fall under the rubric of a Commander-in-Chief who seeks the most damaging outcome for his nation as possible, whatever it takes. A narcissistic cretin to boot.
    IT is not for nothing that treason, alternatively, high crimes and misdemeanors, has been discussed within many patriotic circles and elsewhere. In fact, murmurings among westerners (outside the U.S.) point in this same direction. It ain’t over until it is…
    BE that as it may, every now and again, cracks, fault-lines and fissures erupt which threaten stable democracies. But when the leader at the helm is a patriot, generally, the ship of state tends to right itself. Significantly, few subordinates question the motives and intentions of either the President or the Prime Minister under said circumstances. Instead, they rally around the leader and attempt to design more favorable outcomes. Such is not the situation with Obama Inc. in charge. Not by a long shot.
    AMERICA’s compromised borders are not the result of an operational inability to control infiltrators, whether under the guise of kiddies or not. The absence of proper controls were designed to aid and abet the overthrow of America, both through an unbearable crush of illegal aliens, further coupled with an ability to ferry Islamic terrorists for whatever havoc they have in store. Sounds bizarre, yes, but not from an Anti-American-in-Chief’s perspective.
    The proofs are manifest.
    MOVING right along…the poisonous fruits of Barack HUSSEIN Obama’s labors are set to explode; those already INSIDE America and others poised to strike from their operational points inside Juarez, Mexico to overthrow the U.S.!
    In fact, as a main hub for narco-terror (alongside the tri-border region of Latin America), MS-13 became a front center concern at this blog. This site is anything but Johnny-Come-Lately…..
    RESULTANT, let’s recap a recent meeting that Barack HUSSEIN Obama had with Washington’s military briefing command. Reportedly, the Dictator-in-Chief went ballistic, when he perceived any insult to Islam as being a possible motivation for ISIS and militant Islam on the march. Imagine that. The leader of the so-called free world taking issue with any criticism re Islam/Shariah law which INSPIRES countless adherents to exact untold barbarism upon those not on board with world-wide killing on behalf of Allah!
    His outburst reportedly took place in the afternoon of last week just prior to the president’s departure to Camp David. It was an informal briefing on the expanded bombing campaigns to take place in both Syria and Iraq. Halfway through the already very brief briefing, President Obama stood up clearly agitated, and walked out of the room…
    The casually dressed Obama returned to the briefing moments later with a senior adviser alongside him, though his mood continued to indicate he was still very upset.
    The senior adviser made a couple pointed remarks to the Pentagon representatives, reminded them the president had already had a very busy day, and then both she and the president once again left the room.
    Within seconds, Barack Obama returned again to the just concluded briefing, pointing at the still seated Pentagon staff and indicating how “inappropriate” it was to “try and paint all of Islam with the same brush.” The president repeated similar remarks, his mood going from agitation to outrage. His voice carried to several other West Wing offices.
    The senior adviser, who did not originally return with the president into the briefing, suddenly re-appeared alongside him, as well as the president’s personal aide. She was smiling, and telling everyone “we’re done here” which she repeated several times and then led the president back out into the hallway.
    YES, the infamously thin-skinned POTUS, a hallmark of a clinical narcissist. In any event, the “West Wing” has his back – what a shock – and they are in agreement: “remind those military a-s holes who they take orders from”! Wow, this is coming from a preponderance of skin-crawling effeminate type males (and femi-nazi females) who would not know what it means to sacrifice for one’s country and put on battle fatigues, other than the “battle” they did while sitting/pontificating in their seats at leftist campus quadrangles. Vermin. Lower than pond scum.

IN light of the above and the thesis at hand, what exactly is going on? Well, slowly, but surely, even Pentagon officials are stepping forward and raising alarm bells.
    A senior Department of Defense official says President Obama and his administration are giving the public inaccurate information about his foreign policy strategy, particularly with regards to Iraq.
    Joseph Miller, the pseudonym for a ranking Department of Defense official who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan, wrote in The Daily Caller Tuesday, partially in reaction to a statement released by White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest which said that the decision for American military forces to leave Iraq “was predicated on the will of the Iraqi security forces to fight for their country…….”
    DRIP…drip…and even more so, retired Generals are getting in on the act: Obama’s ISIS strategy doesn’t have a snowball’s chance of working. Them’s fighting words….
    IN tandem, so-called foot soldiers, the boots on the ground, are becoming increasing agitated at the lawlessness of the regime. Hence, there is talk about a coup against the Commander-in-Chief, and this is something which is unheard of in U.S. military circles. Rest assured, when a leader’s legitimacy is questioned, all options are on the table.
    It is clear that opposition against President Obama is growing stronger each day, especially among men and women in uniform. Those fighting for our country are starting to feel that they have a Commander-in-Chief that blatantly disrespects them, and that does not understand foreign policy in the slightest.
    Now it appears that the military may stand against Obama for another, more clear reason: he is a criminal.
    According to a columnist for Western Journalism, members of the US military are trying to decide whether to continue following Obama as Commander-in-Chief. The conflict stems from the fact that the president has broken numerous laws and violated his oath of office….
    IT is intrinsic to note that Obama and gang are anything but stupid. Evil, malignant etc, but they know precisely where they are leading America – off the cliff! As such, they purged TOP Generals and it was not for nothing, regardless of the lies spun which surrounded said dismissals.

THE inherent question is not whether high level military types are considering taking over the helm, indubitably for the good and welfare of the nation. This is more than likely what is happening. However, with certain key military positions taken over by the Commander-in-Chief’s YES men, one has to ask: how far can a concerted push go, by the remainder of patriots left in the military command, before such a plan is beaten back?
    NEVERTHELESS, if others posit that a military coup would relegate America into a military dictatorship, well, think about the horrific alternative. For if the regime continues as is, one will be wishing: if only the military took over the reins – until new elections – America could have been saved! The free world too.
    DECISION time is fast approaching. Standing static – not an option, regardless of the blow back. Besides, desperate times call for desperate measures.
    FORWARD march, but not the way the renegade Commander-in-Chief means!
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Rarely have I read recent writings that state almost verbatim what I believe about Obama and his current administration.

Alan Keyes: Obama destroying 'everything American'

'He is basically violating his sworn duty, which is to see that the laws are faithfully executed'

Ambassador Alan Keyes is not a fan of Barack Obama.
    At all.

The candidate who lost to Obama in the 2004 U.S. Senate race in Illinois believes the president has committed several high crimes and misdemeanors that warrant impeachment.

And Keyes, a WND columnist who was given the prestigious Christopher Reeve First Amendment Award by the social and political advocacy organization The Creative Coalition on Oct. 14, is not shy about using his First Amendment rights to express his opinions.

Keyes, who was appointed U.N. Economic and Social Council ambassador by President Reagan, made a case for impeachment in a September column. In a new interview with WND, he laid out three areas in which he believes the president has committed impeachable offenses.

First, he said, Obama has abused executive orders. He explained the U.S. Constitution does not explicitly mention executive orders, and such orders are simply meant to be directions from the president to the various executive departments and agencies. In other words, they are the president’s way of telling the bureaucrats under his control how to enforce laws and regulations.

But that only applies when the orders follow the country’s law and regulations, Keyes said.
    “If the orders deal with things not authorized by law or [are] contrary to the Constitution, then he commits an impeachable offense,” Keyes said. “He is basically violating his sworn duty, which is to see that the laws are faithfully executed, and to uphold and preserve the Constitution of the United States.”

Second, Keyes said, Obama has abused the force of law by coercing people into violating their consciences. He specifically mentioned policies that force people to either accept or subsidize abortion, “gay marriage” and the homosexual lifestyle, saying such policies violate the First Amendment.

“When Obama gets out there and starts abusing, and others like him, they abuse the court system in order to force people to accept the view that something is right, when according to the laws of nature and of nature’s God it is self-evidently wrong. They are abusing conscience,” Keyes said.

He compared this abuse of conscience to slavery.

“When I read about the slavery of my ancestors, what touched me most and what seemed most horrific to me was not that somebody would force you to labor, not that somebody would force you with whips and stripes and things like this to do their bidding, but when their bidding absolutely contradicted your conscientious understanding of what God required. That they could force you to do evil. And that’s what’s happening in our country now,” Keyes said.

Third, Keyes pointed to Obama’s national security policies. Regarding Benghazi, the former ambassador saw not incompetence but treason.

“[There is] the possibility, and we need to investigate to make sure of the facts, that we actually have people who are vested formally with the power of the executive branch of government who have been aiding and abetting open and declared enemies of the United States,” Keyes said. “That’s treason. Last time I looked, it was an impeachable offense, a high crime against the Constitution of the United States.”

Benghazi wasn’t the only issue in which Keyes saw possible treason.

“I think even now people are looking at the world and their jaws are dropping. How can we have a president who’s taking steps to weaken our military, and now to expose the general population of our country to [a] dreadful disease? That’s dereliction of duty at the very least, but it may very well be a malicious attack on the people of the United States,” Keyes said.

The former ambassador ripped Obama for failing to take necessary steps to limit the spread of Ebola in the United States, such as regulating travel from certain countries and quarantining any infected persons who manage to get to the U.S. He compared the administration’s lackluster response to the strict measures that other countries have taken with infectious diseases.

“If you came from a part of the world where there was a problem with a given disease, and you didn’t get your vaccinations and you hadn’t been properly vaccinated, if you landed in a country like India, you were put in quarantine. Three weeks, as I recall, while they observed you to make sure you weren’t going to develop the signs and symptoms of this disease. … And they wouldn’t let you go home, either, on the reasonable premise that they had a responsibility to the rest of the world,” said Keyes, who worked at the U.S. consulate in Mumbai, India, in the late 1970s.

Keyes also blasted the president for sending American troops into Ebola-ravaged African countries to try and fight the disease.

“If you are at war with the Ebola virus, do you fight the virus by exposing Americans to the virus, by putting them in an environment where without the proper training and preparation, they are likely to become infected?” Keyes asked. “And then if they return to the United States under the regime he’s established, they won’t be properly quarantined when they come back, so that they can go into the general population.”

Obama’s response to the Ebola crisis may not make sense to many Americans, but that’s because assumptions about his motives are wrong, according to Keyes. The former ambassador does not assume Obama is acting in the best national security interests of the United States. Instead, he believes the president is a “hard-line communist” who is engaging in what Marxists call “creative destruction.”

“He sees himself in the vanguard of the dialectic that is going to destroy and replace bourgeois, constitutional self-government based on rights and respect for the dignity of the human person,” Keyes said. “He’s going to replace that with his vision of the historical imperative of communist socialism, or whatever he’s about.”

Keyes believes all of this is grounds for impeachment, but he doesn’t think the Republican Party is courageous enough to impeach the president. Keyes himself used to be a Republican – he ran for the U.S. Senate and the presidency three times as a Republican. But after failing to gain any traction in the 2008 Republican presidential primary race, he quit the party and ran in the general election under the banner of America’s Independent Party. Now he doesn’t think much of his former party’s backbone.

“[The Republicans] pretend that there is no national issue in this election, but the truth of the matter is, the only reason they’re having to pretend there isn’t one is because they know good and well what all of us know: that Obama’s destructive abuse of the powers of the executive branch is the national issue, and they just don’t want to talk about it,” Keyes said.

The bottom line, according to Keyes, is that President Obama seems determined to destroy everything that makes America strong – the military, its nuclear deterrent, the moral premises of the Constitution and the foundations of family life. And if one assumes he wants to destroy America, it makes him look not incompetent, but brilliant, he said.

“The facts suggest he is kind of brilliant,” Keyes said. “He’s a brilliant destroyer of everything American, of every right, of every liberty, of every constitutional premise of this country’s life. He’s brilliant at it, and we are now starting to look like stupid fools for letting him get away with it.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/alan-keye...4xIuBOmoG0Y.99

Thanks

Alan Keyes, as usual, is absolutely correct. He's been exposing Obama for anyone who cares to listen from day one about the man.
    "God's an old hand at miracles, he brings us from nonexistence to life. And surely he will resurrect all human flesh on the last day in the twinkling of an eye. But who can comprehend this? For God is this: he creates the new and renews the old. Glory be to him in all things!" Archpriest Avvakum

Thanks

Not much veiled in the way of threats here.

Sounds like someone is going to go "public" and it's going to be a disaster for the WH. I sure hope someone grew some balls.

Hagel blasts White House Syria strategy in memo to Susan Rice

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel speaks at the sixth annual “Washington Ideas Forum” in Washington, Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014. Hagel has approved a recommendation by military leaders that all U.S. troops returning from Ebola response missions in West Africa be kept ... more >

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Thursday, October 30, 2014

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel sent a highly detailed memo to National Security Adviser Susan Rice in early October that blasted the White House’s strategy in Syria.

A senior U.S. official told CNN Thursday that Mr. Hagel wrote a blunt assessment of U.S. policy in the region “expressing concern about overall Syria strategy,” the network reported. The interview corroborates initial reporting on the existence of the memo by The New York Times.

Mr. Hagel’s memo conveyed to Ms. Rice that the U.S. needs “to have a sharper view of what to do about the Assad regime,” CNN reported.

U.S. and coalition forces have concentrated efforts to destroy the Islamic State group in recent weeks on the Syrian border town of Kobani. U.S. Central Command said last week it has conducted 135 airstrikes in the area.

“Combined with continued resistance to ISIL on the ground, indications are that these strikes have slowed ISIL advances into the city, killed hundreds of their fighters and destroyed or damaged scores of pieces of ISIL combat equipment and fighting positions,” Central Command said in a statement released Oct. 23.

On Thursday, a batch of Iraqi peshmerga fighters entered Kobani by crossing through Turkey to assist local Kurds battling Islamic State, The Associated Press reported.
    Roughly 150 Kurdish troops are expected to join the fight.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Military Upset with White House 'Micromanagement' of ISIS War

The Pentagon brass placed in charge of implementing Obama’s war against ISIS are getting fed up with the short leash the White House put them on.
    Top military leaders in the Pentagon and in the field are growing increasingly frustrated by the tight constraints the White House has placed on the plans to fight ISIS and train a new Syrian rebel army.
    As the American-led battle against ISIS stretches into its fourth month, the generals and Pentagon officials leading the air campaign and preparing to train Syrian rebels are working under strict White House orders to keep the war contained within policy limits. The National Security Council has given precise instructions on which rebels can be engaged, who can be trained, and what exactly those fighters will do when they return to Syria. Most of the rebels to be trained by the U.S. will never be sent to fight against ISIS.
    Making matters worse, military officers and civilian Pentagon leaders tell The Daily Beast, is the ISIS war's decision-making process, run by National Security Advisor Susan Rice. It's been manic and obsessed with the tiniest of details. Officials talk of sudden and frequent meetings of the National Security Council and the so-called "Principals Committee" of top defense, intelligence, and foreign policy officials (an NSC and three PCs in one week this month); a barrage of questions from the NSC to the agencies that create mountains of paperwork for overworked staffers; and NSC insistence on deciding minor issues even at the operational level.
    "We are getting a lot of micromanagement from the White House. Basic decisions that should take hours are taking days sometimes,” one senior defense official told The Daily Beast.
    Other gripes among the top Pentagon and military brass are about the White House’s decision not to work with what’s left of the existing Syrian moderate opposition on the ground, which prevents intelligence sharing on fighting ISIS and prevents the military from using trained fighters to build the new rebel army that the President has said is needed to push Assad into a political negotiation to end the conflict.
    The New York Times reported Wednesday that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel himself is among the critics of Obama’s strategy in Syria. Hagel wrote a memo last week to National Security Advisor Susan Rice warning that Obama’s Syria strategy was unclear about U.S. intentions with respect to Syrian President Bashar al Assad, undermining the plan.
    Hagel stood by the memo Thursday. “We owe the president and we owe the National Security Council our best thinking on this. And it has to be honest and it has to be direct,” he told reporters.
    But the top uniformed military leaders in charge of the operation are also struggling to work around the White House policy constraints and micromanagement, including Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey, Gen. Lloyd Austin, commander of CENTCOM, and Gen. Michael Nagata, the SOCOM lead official in charge of the Syrian train and equip program, according to multiple officials and persons briefed by those generals.
    Nagata has been tasked to build a new rebel army from scratch but is not permitted to work with existing brigades, meaning he must find and vet new soldiers, mostly sourcing from Syrian refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan, and Lebanon. What’s more, the size of the program will produce only 5,000 fighters a year after the training begin, most of whom who will serve as “local defense forces” and not actually go after ISIS, according to two officials briefed on the plan. Of those forces, 500 would be given additional training in “counterterrorism.” That's a small attack force to face an ISIS military that is estimated to have tens of thousands of fighters.
    Dempsey told reporters Thursday that the recruiting and vetting of soldiers for the new Syrian rebel army has not yet begun, although sites for the training camps have been chosen.
    "At this point we still don't know how long it's going to take to send in the trained guys,” a senior Defense official said. “The situation is changing so much on the ground it's hard to plan it out."
    Dempsey has twice made public statements that seemed to reveal his dissatisfaction with the White House policy. Last month, he said it would take 12,000 to 15,000 ground troops to effectively go after ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Earlier this month, he suggested that U.S. ground troops might be necessary to fight ISIS in the future, a comment he later walked back.
    Many military officials, including at CENTCOM’s headquarters in Tampa and their air base in Qatar (where the ISIS air campaign is run) are barred from even communicating with Syrian opposition representatives unless those rebels are on a White House / State Department approved list. Many Syrian opposition leaders complain that Free Syrian Army brigades fighting ISIS now are offering help in making the ISIS strikes effective, but are getting no response from the administration.
    The international coalition against ISIS, led on the U.S. side by retired Gen. John Allen and State Department official Brett McGurk, is working with Sunni tribes in Iraq to coordinate against ISIS. But they are not working with the corresponding tribes on the Syrian side of the mostly non-existent Iraq-Syria border. ISIS has slaughtered hundreds of these tribesmen in Eastern Syria who refused to yield to the group’s demands.
    Meanwhile, the Free Syrian Army, largely written off by the White House, has been suffering heavy losses to ISIS as well as to the al-Qaeda affiliated al Nusrah Front, which has opened up a third fighting front against the FSA in cities like Idlib. FSA brigades that have been vetted by the U.S. government, including the Syrian Revolutionaries Front and Harakat Hazm, have seen their non-aggression pact with al Nusrah disappear.
    “Al Qaeda has captured a number of villages from the FSA in Idlib and the fighting continues to be intense. The FSA needs urgent Coalition support in this fight because if Al Qaeda captures Jabal al-Zawiyeh in Idlib, extremists will be positioned to cut off a critical line of supply from the Turkish border,” said Oubai Shahbandar, advisor to the Syrian National Coalition. “So the question is: Will Coalition airstrikes help the FSA fight al Qaeda or will they allow Al Qaeda to overrun moderate forces?”
    NSC Spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan declined to comment on the criticisms coming from the Pentagon and military about the White House’s approach to ISIS and training the Syrian rebels. But on Wednesday, Deputy National Security Advisor Tony Blinken, who is rumored to be Obama’s choice to replace Bill Burns as Deputy Secretary of State, defended the White House strategy but said that FSA is just not a viable partner.
    “For more than two years working with and supporting the moderate opposition, we’ve made some gains in making it more effective and trying to position it as a counterweight to Assad. Now we're intensifying that support,” he said at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “The coalition can do real damage to ISIL through the air. But without forces on the ground to hold territory from which ISIL has been removed, we will not be able to shrink and eventually eliminate the safe haven.”
    Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday that there is no military solution to the Syria crisis and said the U.S. is reaching out to countries like Russian and Iran to seek a new political negotiation. Syrian National Coalition President Hadi al Bahra told The Daily Beast last month that there is no genuine interest in the West for a new political process, which he described as being “in a coma.”
    “There have been so many things said on Syria that were not delivered, nobody thinks the President really wants to do anything on Syria. Even currently serving officials realize that you cannot bomb your way out of this and you need to have a plan for a political solution, but we don’t have it,” said Andrew Tabler, senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. “There’s needs to be a fully thought out strategy with a political dimension that involves the opposition. If you don’t do that, you can’t solve this problem."
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Not impeachment, more stalling, more bullshit, doing it before the rest of the new Senate takes over so those still left have some "power" to control the conversation.

House GOP File Lawsuit Against Obama

House Republicans on Friday filed a long-awaited lawsuit accusing President Barack Obama of overstepping his executive authority when implementing his signature health care law.

And though the suit is centered on the Affordable Care Act, the GOP moved on the legal action the morning after the president announced he will unilaterally grant temporary relief to millions of undocumented immigrants.

"Time after time, the president has chosen to ignore the will of the American people and re-write federal law on his own without a vote of Congress. That's not the way our system of government was designed to work,” House Speaker John Boehner said in a statement. “If this president can get away with making his own laws, future presidents will have the ability to as well. The House has an obligation to stand up for the Constitution, and that is exactly why we are pursuing this course of action."

The suit, filed against the heads of Health and Human Services and Treasury Department, is centered on the White House decision to delay the employer mandate of the health care law and accuses the administration of unlawfully giving $175 billion to insurance companies.

House Republicans approved a bill authorizing the legal action in a 225-201 vote in July. No Democrats supported the measure.

The suit has been dismissed by Democrats as a politically motivated waste of taxpayer money. The president has said his actions have only been necessary because Republicans in Congress have refused to work with him.

"While the American people want Congress to get serious about creating good-paying jobs and strengthening the middle class, House Republicans are paying $500-an-hour in taxpayer money to sue the President of the United States," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said in a statement.

White House spokeswoman Brandi Hoffine said the GOP is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars on a lawsuit "that is without any sound legal basis."

Republicans say the suit is necessary to protect the Constitution.

Earlier this week George Washington University legal scholar Jonathan Turley agreed to represent the GOP in the suit after the other attorneys declined to, allegedly due to political pressure.
    NBC's Chris Jansing contributed to this report.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It dawned on me, something I haven't paid much attention to recently; the Marxist use of the political 'dialectic' to make change and work in tandem together; the 'scissors strategy'.

Putin and his guys have been talking 'Right' while Obama is here working 'Left'..... I wonder if part of the reason the Right Wing has been so ineffectual is that it's gone more 'Red' in it's own way than the Left? Or let me put it another way, maybe more simply. The American Right admires Putin, and sees his contempt for Obama, and his rejection of things like 'LGBT' politics, and concludes that whatever he is, he is a politician much as they are. They are not aware of the big picture, not being 'big picture' thinkers, and do not see the mortal threat of Putin nor Obama.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

BREAKING: Congressman Finally Makes Move to Impeach Barack H. Obama… It’s About Time!

1 day ago
    69 Comments

After 7 years of numerous high crimes and misdemeanors, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives finally just made a move that could set off impeachment proceedings against Barack Obama.

Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., is preparing to introduce a resolution setting forth the House’s definition of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” drawing an unmistakable line in the sand that would directly challenge Obama’s actions.

This is the single most significant action taken by a Republican towards impeachment to date.

The resolution introduces 11 different specific actions that fit the Constitution’s standard of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” and several of them apply directly to Obama.

For example, the resolution lists “failing to take care that the laws be faithfully executed through signing statements or systematic policies of non-enforcement” and “substituting executive agreements for treaties” as two of eleven potential high crimes and misdemeanors the House would be declaring “impeachable,” according to Breitbart.

It further adds the use of military force without congressional authorization, the use of funds in defiance of congressional appropriations, and the defiance of congressional subpoenas during oversight investigations are all impeachable offenses.

Sound familiar?

Obama’s refusal to enforce America’s immigration laws, his threat of bypassing Congress on Iran, his illegal war in Libya, and his consistent defiance of congressional investigations into executive branch scandals like the IRS, Fast and Furious, and Benghazi all fit squarely within Yoho’s 11 criteria for a “high crime.”

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information