Thread: Another ill timed vacation for O

Thanks

Default Another ill timed vacation for O

Seriously....Rome is burning and off we go on another vacation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...thas-vineyard/

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama will vacation with his family in Martha's Vineyard at the end of this month as he's done in years past, the White House said Wednesday, despite the weak economy and negotiations on the nation's debt problem.
    Press secretary Jay Carney defended Obama's plans to take a break even as he's pledged urgent action on those issues.
    "I don't think Americans out there would begrudge that notion that the president would spend some time with his family," Carney said.
    Carney added that there's really no such thing as a presidential vacation since Obama will travel with his aides, receive regular briefings on national security and the economy and be able to return to Washington if necessary.
    "The presidency travels with you. He will be in constant communication," Carney said at the White House briefing.
    Last August, the president, Michelle Obama and their two daughters spent 10 days at a rented farm on the wealthy island retreat in Massachusetts.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1Uf58P8x9

Thanks

Default Re: Another ill timed vacation for O

It has now become so obvious that if you don't see it you are either blind or brainwashed. I'm talking about how Obama is nothing like us, nothing like the average American. He has no idea what the rest of us are going through, he pretends to have empathy but in reality he doesn't have a clue. He is an intellectual know it all that refuses to take blame or admit to even the smallest mistake. He has never had a private sector job of any consequence and his only real accomplishments were writing a book and getting himself elected.

Like new guy said, Rome burns and he retreats to his villa. No leadership here folks, move along.

Thanks

Leadership would have been for him to stay in DC and give Congress a week or two at MOST to "FIX" the debt crisis. To cut 2% from all of the agencies and even kill several agencies.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

The trend of taking a vacation when sudden not-so-good-things occur is actually a politically good idea. If he is away, that is all he can be criticized for. If he stayed and took any actions, he would make news and certainly still whip up controversy.

I just wish he would STFU abotu financial stuff on Wall Street. Every time he utters a word about it, it tanks.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is yet another observation. O pronounces that the wealthy need to pay their share. What he fails to mention is the very wealthy actually pay most of the tax base. What you me and joe next door pay is small potatoes.

That said, I am well to do by some standards and I love eating lobster. It is costly and excess for rare times, perhaps in celebration of something.

O seems to like such excess while telling others to lean back and pay more.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...rd-restaurant/

Obamas Share Sacrifice at Pricey Vineyard Restaurant

by Keith Koffler on August 19, 2011, 10:00 pm

President and Mrs. Obama are sharing in the sacrifice tonight at the Beach Plum Restaurant on Martha’s Vineyard, which features an array of overpriced selections for the first couple to choose from that could easily bring the bill within the range of $200.
    They might, for example, choose to start the meal with a $15 chunk of pizza cheese – I’m sorry, “Fresh Mozzarella” with “Fresh Basil, vine ripened tomatoes, aged balsamic reduction, and chive dill.”

This is a good mix because some things are fresh, and some things are aged.
    But the sacrifice really gets serious with the entree, where the Obamas may want to order half a chicken for $38. Excuse me, please, “Herb crusted roasted half Katama Farm chicken; garlic mashed potatoes with steamed broccollini, rosemary jus.”
    This would be perfect for me, because when I get tired of Perdue, I alway switch to Katama Farm.

There’s also the steamed twin Menemsha lobsters for $48. Isn’t Menemsha some kind of club for geniuses? I’ll take those.
    But to be sure that they’re twins, I’ll need a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
    The restaurant notes, “We would be happy to split single entree items for an additional charge of $15.”

Well, of course! I’m sure being paid $15 to heap the same junk on two plates instead of one would make them very happy indeed.
    So if the Obamas go with the cheese and the chicken we’re at $53 before dessert, tax, tip and booze. Now, looks like it’s bring-your-own-drinks with a corkage fee of $10. So if we assume $10 for a drink, $10 for dessert – you know they’re both having dessert – a 6.25 percent Massachusetts restaurant tax, and a 20 percent tip, we’re at $93 each, or $186 for the couple.

The average weekly Social Security check for a retired worker is about $274. Just saying.

And guess what? No peas on the menu. The Obamas don’t have to eat their peas.
    Last edited by Phil Fiord; August 20th, 2011 at 03:50.

Thanks

http://news.yahoo.com/biden-focuses-...013123302.html

Jumpin Joe is workin hard on his toe.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information