Thread: Sons of Guns

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Default Re: Sons of Guns

Great show, I watched it last season too when it was only a half hour. Last week they took an M-19 fully automatic grenade launcher and converted it to semi auto and put a suppresor on it. Very cool show, glad they upped it to an hour.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of their stuff is interesting as a proof-of-concept build. In terms of practicality, not always so much.

Their 1k yard AK is a perfect example of this. Yeah, it can be done but why? There are better options that already exist. Also, I had issues with their execution since they decided to use a stamped receiver Saiga as their basis rather than a stiffer, milled receiver.

Also, then there's stuff like this.

Thanks

A lot of their stuff is interesting as a proof-of-concept build. In terms of practicality, not always so much.

Their 1k yard AK is a perfect example of this. Yeah, it can be done but why? There are better options that already exist. Also, I had issues with their execution since they decided to use a stamped receiver Saiga as their basis rather than a stiffer, milled receiver.
    Yeah, I saw that.

Also, then there's stuff like this.
    Hmmm...I missed that, thanks for the heads up.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

I would also add to their execution of the 1k yard AK that they quietly mentioned that they "shortened the action" on the rifle. What this has the effect of doing is reducing the reciprocating mass of the bolt and carrier and, reduces recoil.

The Russians already did this very thing.

The SKS and SVD both use short stroke piston systems, as opposed to the long stroke piston of the AK, RPK, etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    The Russians already did this very thing.

The SKS and SVD both use short stroke piston systems, as opposed to the long stroke piston of the AK, RPK, etc.
    That is exactly what I was thinking when they first laid out the plan.

I thought, and the answer is....
    SVD!?

I did find the shows to be fairly entertaining and informative though.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Finally got a chance to read that article and I'm kind of bummed out. There has been a few small details, things said on the show, that have always bothered me but I let it slide. I've always enjoyed watching the special projects they build so I will keep watching for now, but that article will always be in the back of my mind every time I watch.

Thanks

Yeah, it's not a bad show. Like I said though I consider the stuff they do more proof-of-concept than utility. It is comparable to the show that used to be on with with Jessie James, Monster Garage. Entertainment.

Thanks

That's interesting michael. Friend of mine loves those auction shows. What can you tell us about your experience?

Thread Information