Thread: Mount Rushmore additions

Thanks

Default Mount Rushmore additions

If there was to be another President added to Mount Rushmore, has there been President yet to be stoned? I would think FDR, if for nothing else for only being the only 4 term POTUS we will ever have.

Personally I would rather see the Crazy Horse monument finished first.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Default Re: Mount Rushmore additions

I want to see Reagan up there.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I want to see Reagan up there.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL
    Obama's sculpted face heads to Mt. Rushmore park

12-ton statue already touring country en route to South Dakota attraction

Posted: June 15, 2009
    8:31 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
    © 2011 WND

Barack Obama bust on tour through St. Louis

Mount Rushmore National Memorial's famous stone carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt are about to receive a sculpted visitor: a massive bust of Barack Obama.

According to Black Hills Today, the statue is made of steel and concrete, tops 20 feet tall and weighs roughly 12 tons.

Crafted by artist David Adickes of Houston, Texas, the Obama bust left Adickes' sculpture center earlier this month, shipped in two pieces on the back of a truck, making its way along a 10-state, 40-city tour.

The statue has been spotted in St. Louis, took a rest in Chicago's Grant Park, the site of Obama's election night victory speech, and is now moving through Minnesota.

On Wednesday, the bust is scheduled to be put on display at Mount Rushmore.

Those that might question whether Obama belongs in the company of Washington and Jefferson, however, need not worry: the sculpture won't be staying.

The massive bust of Barack Obama is scheduled to finish its tour about 40 miles from Mount Rushmore, in Lead, S.D., home of another tourist attraction called Presidents Park.

In fact, Obama's likeness is only the latest to join the sculpture garden at Presidents Park, which contains 20-foot-tall busts of all of our nation's presidents, crafted by Adickes.

The traveler's guide website RoadsideAmerica.com describes the park, which bills itself on its own website as proclaimed by USA Today to be one of the top 10 places in the United States to see:

"The 43 heads are arranged chronologically along a path winding up into a rocky knoll of tall pines," states Roadside America. "Wild turkeys roam the slope. The tree shade makes for challenging photos, but the dappling adds character. You can capture a Nixon and Ford lurking side by side in the shadows, or G. W. Bush gazing toward a slightly smirking Clinton. Beyond those two there's room for another century worth of larger-than-life likenesses."

Adickes is an accomplished artist who has also created an 8-foot bronze statue of former President George Bush for the Bush International Airport in Houston, Texas, and a statue of Sam Houston on display in Huntsville, Texas, which – at 67 feet tall – is believed to be the tallest statue of any American hero.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Obama Eyeing Spot on Mount Rushmore?

May 31, 2008 9:59 AM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller reports: Sen. Barack Obama's tight schedule and fierce regimen doesn't afford many opportunities to be spontaneous.

But the presidential candidate broke his schedule when the press corps following him took a trip to Mount Rushmore Friday night.

After a day of campaigning in Montana, Obama returned to his hotel room in Keystone, S.D., to sleep. Upon being informed by his communications director that the press corps was making a stop at nearby Mt. Rushmore, the senator decided to tag along in the unscheduled outing.

Half past 10 p.m., a time when Obama is normally retiring to bed, he instead trudged to see the national landmark under a full set of stars.

"There's something about seeing it at night that's spectacular," Obama said on his first visit to the site.

Obama was asked if he'd like to see his face on the mountain with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt.

"I dont think my ears would fit," Obama said, laughing. "There's only so much rock up there."

Obama's visit followed Sen. Hillary Clinton's trip to the landmark on Wednesday.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

To paraphrase, "neither my ears or ego would fit"

Thanks

Obama shouldn't GET a face on Rushmore. I'll oppose that one with a big fight.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rest assured we will never see another face on Rushmore. Just idle thoughts of a lunatic.

Thanks

/chuckles

Just idle thoughts of a lunatic.
    You? Or Obama? I'm confused.

/grin
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Me thinks I type too much.

Thanks

In my view one of the biggest americans that should have a face in the Mount Rushmore is Benjamin Franklin.

I know he wasn't a elect president of the U.S. but to me he was a monument in itself.

Saint Paul in the Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Thanks

Good choice BR V, I never understood why Franklin never ran for the Office. He would have been a shoe in in my opinion.

Thanks

Forgive me Luke but what is "a shoe in"?

Saint Paul in the Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Thanks

A sure thing.

Thanks

shoo-in
    n1. a person or thing that is certain to win or succeed
    2. a match or contest that is easy to win

Thanks

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore?

'If Teddy Roosevelt is the measure, I think it strengthens the case for President Obama'

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    January 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Al Sharpton aired a segment concerning a recent National Journal article which analyzed President Obama’s chances of attaining a coveted spot on Mt. Rushmore Friday evening on MSNBC. Teddy Roosevelt’s presence on the landmark garnered particular attention from Sharpton, who expressed his opinion that Roosevelt’s thin resume as a “transformative president” strengthens the case for

Obama to be included:

ABBY HUNTSMAN: You look at Reagan, he ended the Cold War. I think they have to have a legacy that changed America. Obama was the first black president. That is something that will always be remembered.

AL SHARPTON: And he stopped two wars and the whole question of finance reform on Wall Street and health care. I mean, he has done some concrete things. I can, again, the reason I raised Teddy Roosevelt is that a lot of people could say that Teddy Roosevelt was more of a character than a transformative president. I can name, literally, things that President Obama has done. Now, I’m going to say that if Teddy Roosevelt is the measure, I think it strengthens the case for President Obama.

Teddy Roosevelt is credited with accomplishments such as completing the Panama Canal and establishing the National Parks system. Historians typically rank Roosevelt among the top five greatest presidents.

http://freebeacon.com/sharpton-is-ob...r-mt-rushmore/

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

When will Obama end up on Mount Rushmore?

Matthew Klickstein
    First Posted: May 27, 2013 01:48 PM EDT

TagsObama, Mount Rushmore, George Washington University

Cam Newton (L) and Kodi Burns (R) of the 2010 NCAA football Bowl Championship Series (BCS) national champion Auburn Tigers listen to U.S. President Barack Obama at a ceremony honoring their team in the East Room at the White House in Washington June 8, 2011. Credit:Reuters

Regardless of what some may think about his politics or even performance as our nation's Commander in Chief and as "leader of the Free World," President Barack Obama will inarguably leave an indelible mark on the annals of history as a truly singular entity.

His role as our nation's first African American president and his attempt to be a more intimate presence in the lives of all Americans has earned him the respect of a great deal of our populace, if not the scorn of those who would deride his liberal stances and occasional backsliding with various key issues such as the recent spate of wars in the Middle East.

No matter what his critics might feel about his presidency, according to one-third of the professors recently surveyed at Washington DC's prestigious George Washington University, Obama's face may in fact end up being forever memorialized alongside Abraham Lincoln and his ilk on the rocky scales of Mount Rushmore.

Being that George Washington University has in the past been ranked in the Top 10 as regards both "Best in the Northeast" and "Most Politically Active," according to traditional college rankings arbiter Princeton Review (as well as being the alma mater of the likes of former Secretary of State Colin Powell), it's indeed worth noting that three of the 10 history/political science professors questioned by the Student Free Press Association's College Fix said that though it may be too early to see Obama grinning back to us from Mount Rushmore, it's something that is quite likely ... eventually.

"Historical judgments take time to form and Obama is still in office," George Washington University history professor Edward Berkowitz wrote in an email to the College Fix. "It could be that he will be one of the great presidents, worthy of having his likeness carved on a mountain, but certainly not yet."

Berkowitz was not alone in his optimism about Obama's likeness ending up on Mount Rushmore. No less than George Washington University's chairman of the political science department, Professor Paul Wahlbeck, agrees.
    "History undoubtedly will accord President Obama a special place by virtue of being the first African American President," Wahlbeck said.

Wahlbeck and Berkowitz -- who, it should be remembered, share the minority opinion on the topic -- have some firm detractors, however.

Robert Stoker, a political science professor at the university believes not only that it's far too soon to distinguish Obama as deserving a space on Mt. Rushmore, but also that the whole idea may be in somewhat bad taste.

"I recall how unseemly it was when Republicans started a premature campaign to cement President Reagan's legacy by naming everything they could find after him," Stoker said, quipping that "at least the Republicans waited until Reagan was no longer in office."

A total of six George Washington University political science and history professors said they did not believe Obama would end up on Mount Rushmore, with one professor abstaining from the survey.

Mount Rushmore was originally dedicated in 1941 and resides in South Dakota's Black Hills. It currently exhibits sculptures of four presidents to date: Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and George Washington.

Both Roosevelt and Lincoln were members of the Republican party, and being that Washington was not a member of any party (with Jefferson being a member of the short-lived Democratic-Republican party that would eventually be split into both the Democratic and Republican parties), Obama would be the first "actual" Democrat honored by being included on the presidential mountainside.

Do you think Obama deserves to be immortalized on Mount Rushmore? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Like what you're reading? Follow@ProfKlickberg.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

There will be a war to end all wars if he tries it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    There will be a war to end all wars if he tries it.
    No one will tolerate a vanity image of Obama on Mt Rushmore.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    No one will tolerate a vanity image of Obama on Mt Rushmore.

Idle talk from a narcissist's fan club, all this noise about Obama's face on mt. Rushmore. As a Moslem, he won't allow a monument to himself on mt. Rushmore as that would be 'Shirk', idolatry, as Moslems feel all representation of a living thing is Idolatry. His 'monument' will be a world one step closer to conquest by Islam, a world in which the sculptures on mt. Rushmore would be blown up, not added to.

Thread Information