The "rock" story is a bit funnier if I just tell how I got "bailed in to the barn" and later bailed out by my "buddies."

In any case, here's a few common theories on the rock formations.

Additionally, I recall in the movie some claim that the inca buildings were 100,000 years old.
Not likely.
The Inca Empire was an empire centered in what is now Peru from [Anno Domini] 1400 C.E to C.E 1525. Over that period, the Inca used conquest and peaceful assimilation to incorporate in their empire a large portion of western South America, centered on the Andes mountain ranges. The Inca empire proved short-lived: by AD 1533, Atahualpa, the last Inca emperor, called a Sapa Inca, was killed on the orders of the conquistador Francisco Pizarro, marking the beginning of Spanish rule.

The first theory is that the Inca inserted wedges of wood into cracks in the stone and then soaked them in water causing them to expand and fracture the rock. Proponents of this theory point out that traditional societies throughout the globe developed this technique without outside influence and used it with great success.

The other theory is that the Inca used metal tools to make a series of holes in the rock along a line (much like perforated paper). Once the line was complete, the rock would be easier to split along the line.

Proponents of this theory offer examples of stone found that have a series of holes in a line, however the theory's opponents point out that these stones could have been made after the Spanish conquest because the holes appeared to be made with more advanced tools than the Inca possessed.