Thread: 911 tribute

Thanks

Default 911 tribute

I have always thought the 911 tribute on this board as classy. Never forget.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 911 tribute

Thanks Luke!

Going up as close to midnight as possible. I say as close as possible because I've been working since 9:30am and hope I'll be home by then.

Thanks

This is my sincere tribute for all who suffered in that sad day.
    Last edited by BRVoice; September 11th, 2011 at 04:09.

Saint Paul in the Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Thanks

There we go, got it put up.

For any new members that haven't seen it before, please take a minute or two to view the TAA.com home page and read through all the names listed.

And thank you BRV. One thing I will not forget in the days after 9/11 was the outpouring of support and caring from regular folks like yourself around the world.

Thanks

Almost forgot to update my signature for the week.

Testing it gives me an excuse to post this...

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

For my part, I worked today. I spoke with many people about this 10 year anniversary. As I work and live near DC with many people who live and work here and of them a ton work in DC. That day held many recollections from them.

In our discussion, I cited where I was and what I did for that first day. As many here may know, I was on anomalies and in discussion of the days events and speculations on it.

What I say to people that stands out most to me, if the near silence for a few days after the attacks. That is, except in the attack areas. With jets grounded, many companies and gov offices closed, people staying home with family rather than travel, it was a quiet time. Things one could not normally hear were heard. It was the one thing that stood out to me most at a distance from NYC and DC.

Of course, I too grieve for those lost, and did lose family friends that day, but we as a nation were at a standstill. Even the stock market was closed.

I recall too that as a nation we stood together, differences aside. It seemed a patriotic time. I recall wishing it could stay that way, but knew it wouldn't. I am not that naive.

I have said it before and will say it again. As people, if we drop the politics and just focus on what is important to us as people, most of us would find agreement.

Thread Information