Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duh?

Thanks

Default Re: Duh?

Seems all my computer literate friends are not friends of Norton, or McAffee? I am probably nuts, but I have been using Microsoft Security Suite and so far have had no problems.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, to be true, any A/V is better than no A/V. As careful as any person can be about online surfing, there have been A/V threat links on drudgereport before. A trojan was linked and Avast stopped it. I am sure it was not the intent, but sometimes things just happen.

Thanks

The best precaution is to have your important info (and favorites) backed up offline, and have a disc handy to reboot from scratch. I rely on usb which fits my taxes, family docs. and fits music etc. for most people. However, beware. If you stick your usb into a malconfigured usb comp- spark- no usb. I will likely move to an external disc, so I can carry it about to "fix" maquinas. (especially minilaps) that have no cd or dvd drive. I understand there are good dd readers, wet & bounce proof- pocket size for less than 100 usd. I'm lookin for a used 20-30 buck model.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I'm using inod currently. (eset nod 32) My kappurskey's expired and I did 1 mo. trial- kap is heavy, though good- probably the best. next month I'll probably try kap again- another version if allowed. (pure)- it may be too heavy- I have 2gb ram. That way- each month- I'll remember to back up files & switch to a new av. FREE (budget restraints). (trial versions).

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

So far- I fixed a charger by simply splicing wires. Weeeee!
    I also freed up a dead laptop- millenium, (bad cable to the screen- just hookin it up to an old monitor. 2bl weee!
    The amd- emachine still won't shut down, but I switched the net card to free up a USB net-red USB card for another maquina.

I use Malusa's advice and shut it down 1nce a month by poppin the battery & unplugging.

Probably in March- I'll try to see if switching the os will help it shut down.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

All av apps can read your machine. This is a fact. Correct me if I'm exagerating.
    (probably not ram info in past but all hd (disco duro) including trash can.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

I-m using avast this month. Been thru kappursky, Norton, inod, a few others.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

thank you.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

So, How is your A/V experiment working, Sam? I am interested.

Thanks

I live in a time vacuum. Not sure how long I´ve been using avast. Seems like over a month. It updates without a mess, seems to load much lighter than kap/Norton/inod & they dont push me to upgrade to an ultimate pay version.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

NOT sure it-ll woik, but it-s all in a daze woik.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Double Your Internet Speed for Free?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG5cE...endscreen&NR=1

theres a lot of math in here. Does it work?

just screwin around...found a loose screw in an old lap__ lost my memory_ but dint lose my head about it_left old ram in hardware store_works better than new ram_formated usb for 32/64 bit w-7/ but no device available_bsod & no device- switchin rams and dd(hard drives- broke a tiny flap (pestaña) (lash flap)...now use 2.00 glasses- plenty of failure so far. Maybe it's a bad flap or two bad dd's. at least i can tear down the lap pretty fast now.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thread Information