I am in the process of creating a story of an alternate history in which the Native Americans were not defeated. There is still a United States of America, only a few of the states are somewhat different in that they are separate countries. North America somewhat resembles parts of Asia, where the various stan countries are located, Pakistan, Afghanistan, armpitistan.

The Civil War still occurred and the South still lost, but a lot of the plains and part of the southwest remained under control of the American Indian, with their allies, the English,Spanish and French.

The three main countries of Native America consists of Lakota Souix, Comanche/Apache and Hopi. While they united in their war of independence, they very much resemble the different tribes in the stan countries.

I am trying to have no more than four story lines. Like the title of the thread, I am just looking for ideas at this point. This board seems a good place to start my quest. The dreamer in me sees royalites to be shared.