Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2005-2006 Season

Thanks

Default NFL Football 2005-2006 Season

I just thought I'd start this one off myself.

I'm a huge football fan. I've played the game since I was 3 and followed it just as long. At one time I was a highly sought after QB/TE in Utah. (until I tore out the ligs in my shoulder and ripped up my right knee.) But above all that I'm a zealot of a fan for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Over 35 years a fan of that team. I just purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket package for DirecTV so I don't miss a single game. And I'm pretty stoked about this season and the chances of the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl.

If you're an NFL fan too, of any team, feel free to post here and we'll debate why YOUR team doesn't stand a chance unless its my team. LOL

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: NFL Football 2005-2006 Season

*Booo* Steelers *Hissss*

Well, being that I'm from Cincy, I've got to love the hometown team. The Cincinnati Bengals!

Hence, the inherent hate for the Steelers!

I think that this season, the Bengals are going to be a team to be reckoned with.

Their last two seasons have been fair but, they were a huge improvement over where they were four years ago.

So far in pre-season, they are 1-1 but, I'm hoping we'll at least make it to the playoffs this time around. A lot of others seem to think they will as well.

I do think that the Steelers will also do well this year. During the pre-season and early in the regular season last year, there were a number of people saying they weren't going to do too well and they ended up shocking everyone. I think that this season will be a continuation of last season.

Also, another team I am a fan of is America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys. But, since their dynasty ended a few years ago, I've been a bit disappointed in them. I'm waiting for them to whip themselves back into shape…

Thanks

Cincy has a great chance this season. I think they'll make the playoffs finally. Dallas on the other hand needs to make an important move of firing Parcells before they'll improve. I haven't been awfully impressed with his latest stint as a coach.

Dallas is one of the teams I always disliked as a child since they were like bitter rivals to the Steelers. Funny thing... Art Rooney was offered the chance to call the Steelers "America's Team" and turned it down. So they offered the moniker to Dallas.

The team that's going to surprise everyone this year will be Huston. They've got a ton of talent and are young enough player-wise to make something happen. Can't say I'm pleased by that though. lol

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Oh yeah!

The Bengals are now 3-0!

Thanks

Grats! The Steelers should have been but they played an ugly game against the Pats yesterday and lost 23-20 in the last minutes of the game.

Well maybe that will break the streak of beating them in the regular season and then losing to them in the AFC Championship game.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Checking the Bengals' schedule, it looks like we'll be taking on the Steelers on Oct. 23! That will be a GREAT game if both teams keep on the same tracks!

This week the Bengals are taking on Houston, which so far isn't doing so well (0-2).

I think that right now, there are only 2 other undefeated teams besides the Bengals. The Bucs and the Colts are both 3-0.

As for the Cowboys, looks like they are doing moderately well so far with their 2-1 record. As for how the rest of their season pans out, we'll see.

Thanks

After a nail-biter game against Houston, the Bengals are now 4-0 baby!!

First time since 1988! LOL!

Thanks

Cincy is now 4-1 after meeting the Jags. Steelers meet them this week after beating the Chargers to go 3-1. And Cincy plays the Titans. Could be our meeting on the 23rd will be the toughest game we play this season. One that will decide who's going to ride the top rung of the division for the remainder.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

Brian,

You guys got lucky.

Thanks

Well, after a neck and neck 1st half, the Bengals came out and completely smacked the Titans in the mouth! Three Titans turnovers that resulted in two touchdowns for the Bengals.

So despite the unfortunate loss to Jax, they are now 5-1!!!

Too bad about that OT Steelers loss to Jax today…

Still, next weeks game will be huge! The game after will be Green Bay and so far that is looking like a "gimme". The only other tough game in the Bengals near future is the Colts game in November.

Yeah baby!! Bengals sitting pretty on top of the AFC North!! Woooo!!!

Also, looks like Dallas pulled out the OT win against the Giants. So, they are on top in the NFC East.

Here's hoping for a Bengals – Cowboys Super Bowl!!

Thanks

Smack talk on //As soon as Cincy plays against some actual football teams rather than the High School teams they've been playing then the Steelers will once again be on top. And wasn't anything "lucky" about beating the Future Los Angeles Chargers.// Smack talk off.

Seriously though. If Pittsburgh plays Cincy with the lack of passion we played the Jags with then Cincy could very well maintain the the Division Lead. Wow that actually was painful to say...

And if San Diego can settle down and get back to the hardcore football they should be playing then I see them competing for Indy for AFC Champs.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    Smack talk on //As soon as Cincy plays against some actual football teams rather than the High School teams they've been playing then the Steelers will once again be on top. And wasn't anything "lucky" about beating the Future Los Angeles Chargers.// Smack talk off.
    Tell us how you really feel Brian! LOL!

Actually, I heard on the radio this morning that the Bengals are favored by 3 over the Steelers. So we'll see how things go!

Thanks

Actually, I heard on the radio this morning that the Bengals are favored by 3 over the Steelers. So we'll see how things go!
    Your radio is broken or tuned to a commie station!

J/K I'm actually surprised the Bungles errrr Bengals are only favored by three. They've had a pretty stellar year with a solid QB and a defense that makes game turning plays.

Know what's funny.... I was on the Steeler fan site before pre-season and predicted the Bengals to go 10-6 or 12-4 this year and almost got lynched. LOL

I still think it will be a fight in the end to see who leads our division. But ultimately I don't foresee either of our teams getting to Detroit in Feb. I think its finally Indy's turn. Maybe Seahawks too. NFC is still up for grabs.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well, to say that this game was a disappointment would be an understatement…

I almost thought about bringing out the Bengals Official Paper Bag Head Coveringâ„¢ .

The Bengals started out pretty good. In the first quarter, they dominated on possession and shut sown the Steelers' running game. But, I think they lost their momentum when that first touchdown was WRONGLY called back. Had they gotten credit for that touchdown, I think they would have kept the pace up the rest of the game. It seemed like that it was just downhill from there…

Overall, just no emotion and drive on their side. Kinda like the Jax game…

They did do a decent job of keeping parity with the Steelers up until the 3rd when they completely choked and gave up 17 points…

Oh well… We ARE still on top in the standings!

And by the way...

(In case everyone hasn't noticed, I added a few new smilies! All the NFL teams and a couple other regular ones. Enjoy!)

Thanks

Hmmm. I thought it was a great game.

Well I thought that first touchdown was good but upon the review I had to agree it had to come back. But when the Bengals choked on the next two scoring attempts I knew it was all but over for them. The Steeler's Second touchdown is what shut down the stadium and hence allowed our offense to run roughshod over the Bengals. Lewis has done such an amazing job on bringing the Bengals back from oblivion and I really believe that if he drafts well over the next year or two then we'll see them go to the big game.

Even though you should be happy about a winning season so far I can understand your disappointment with the loss. I was certainly disappointed about the loss to JAX.

Can't be a fan without being a fanatic I suppose. We still have another meeting and I'd honestly be surprised if you guys weren't able to go 50-50 with us this year. Lets just both be happy that the Ravens are at the bottom of the division. I can not tell you how much I dislike that team!

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin (the dirty Steelers fan)
    Well I thought that first touchdown was good but upon the review I had to agree it had to come back.
    See, I have to disagree with you there. What I saw with the replays was Chad Johnson first dragging both feet in the end zone followed by his elbow hitting in bounds and then his hand hitting outside.

I guess Cowher managed to pay the refs enough though!

But when the Bengals choked on the next two coring attempts I knew it was all but over for them.
    No disagreement here. I can understand the dropped pass since it's likely the ball was fairly slick from being wet and Chris Henry is a rookie. But, I have no idea what went wrong with what was essentially a "gimme" field goal shot. It certainly wasn't Shayne Grahm's longest or most difficult attempt.

The Steeler's Second touchdown is what shut down the stadium and hence allowed our offense to run roughshod over the Bengals.
    Yep. Again, no argument here.

Even though you should be happy about a winning season so far
    Did you miss the gloating first place smilie?

Can't be a fan without being a fanatic I suppose.
    Exactly!

That and the Bengals having been such a crappy team in the past and doing so well now only makes it worse.

We still have another meeting and I'd honestly be surprised if you guys weren't able to go 50-50 with us this year.
    Aye... That would be December 4th in Pittsburgh. We'll get our sweet, sweet revenge then!

Lets just both be happy that the Ravens are at the bottom of the division. I can not tell you how much I dislike that team!
    Here! Here!

Them and the Packers, whom we just so happen to be playing next!

(I'm sure you know the "dirty Steelers fan" part is only in jest but thought I'd explicitly mention that since the Internet doesn't convey emotion the best )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck (The Short Bus Bungles Fan)
    (I'm sure you know the "dirty Steelers fan" part is only in jest but thought I'd explicitly mention that since the Internet doesn't convey emotion the best )
    LOL. I know. Its all in fun.

Now my wife is a dirty fan. When we first met she had never watched football and now she's more vocal about the Steelers than I am. She can smack talk like a pro and even understands the game better than most men. And since she's a nympho who can cook also.... I'd say I'm the luckiest man in the world!
    :hail:

---Brian--
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Ryan Ruck (The Short Bus Bungles Fan)

I couldn't help but notice how you didn't contend my explanation of why that first TD shouldn't have been called back. I suppose it is hard to defend the indefensible!

And since she's a nympho who can cook also...
    Well, you know what they say…
    :ttiwwp:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck

I couldn't help but notice how you didn't contend my explanation of why that first TD shouldn't have been called back. I suppose it is hard to defend the indefensible!
    Well... By the replay, I saw his hand hit out of bounds before his left foot hit the ground. Like I said... I thought it was good and only after the replays did I see he was out of bounds. And even then I think that could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck
    Well, you know what they say…
    :ttiwwp:
    Shoot... I could post videos that would grow you up fast. LOL. But you're still a youngster and I wouldn't want to be contributing....

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well... By the replay, I saw his hand hit out of bounds before his left foot hit the ground. Like I said... I thought it was good and only after the replays did I see he was out of bounds. And even then I think that could have gone either way.
    Okay, lets say that his left foot did hit the ground last. I still think that his left elbow hit inbounds before his left hand hit out of bounds. So it would have gone like this:

1. right foot
    2. left elbow
    3. Touchdown!
    4. left hand
    5. left foot

Oh well… Can't change the past…

Shoot... I could post videos that would grow you up fast.
    Uh oh… Videos? You should NEVER run for public office!

But you're still a youngster and I wouldn't want to be contributing...
    Heh.. Heh... Trust me friend, I may "only" be 23 but I've been around the block more than a few times and, VERY little would be anything shocking or new to me.

Thread Information