Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football 2005-2006 Season

Thanks

Default Re: NFL Football 2005-2006 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck
    Okay, lets say that his left foot did hit the ground last. I still think that his left elbow hit inbounds before his left hand hit out of bounds. So it would have gone like this:
    1. right foot
    2. left elbow
    3. Touchdown!
    4. left hand
    5. left foot
    Oh well… Can't change the past…
    I don't remember his elbow at all... So I may have to concede that to you.

Uh oh… Videos? You should NEVER run for public office!
    Even I know its in the best interests of all mankind for me to never hold public office. Can't say I'm dovish.... Or even hawkish.... More like Ghengis Khanish. And I'd likely laugh if they showed one of my home videos on the air. While I ordered their executions that is.

Heh.. Heh... Trust me friend, I may "only" be 23 but I've been around the block more than a few times and, VERY little would be anything shocking or new to me.
    Not even CinCin Losing to the Steelers?

LOL. I always hated being called a kid when in my 20's.... Wish I hadn't cared now that I'm considered old. Think theres only a week in there where you're just considered grown before they call you old.

Come Monday night though... We're going to spank the spoiled Ravens into the dirt. (no icon for ratbirds only 23 teams.)

The real game for us is Indy. We're going to need to beat them up badly in order to be taken seriously as SB contenders.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Steelers just beat the Ravens to go 5-2. Oh yeah. Got a feeling the deciding game for Division champ this year will be on Dec 4th, when we kick the snot out of a certain nameless team.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

As predicted, the got an easy win over on Sunday. However, it looked like they wanted to make it tougher on themselves by doing nothing with the record-breaking 5 interceptions they forced Favre to throw.

The win should have been at least a 14 point win with how poorly the have been doing this year. But hey, a win is still a win!

Also, did you catch any video of the fan that ran onto the field and stole the football from Favre? I was rolling on the floor at the “WTF?” look Favre had on his face!

With that, I guess it was really 6 takeaways from Favre! LOL!

Anyway… ’s next game is at . Looking to stomp some tail feathers!

(Dang! I had a Ravens logo in there! I wonder what happened to it?)

(There, fixed the Ravens icon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    Got a feeling the deciding game for Division champ this year will be on Dec 4th
    What a coincidence! December 4th is the day that the put the final nail in the ’s coffin!

Thanks

What a coincidence! December 4th is the day that the put the final nail in the ’s coffin!

You mean the 's will have an orange with black stripes carpet leading to the plane that will take them to the AFCC game? Right? That's what you really meant.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

There we go... Fixed the lack of a Ravens icon...

Thanks

So Pittsburgh's starting QB is done for the next couple of weeks after having knee surgery. This sucks of course. Hopefully Charlie Batch, our back-up, will be able to step up and make a showing. He's one of the best rounded back-up QB's in the league in that he doesn't cost us games. Lets hope he can now win some.

I was really looking forward to racing Cincinatti to the finish for Division Champs. But it looks like the steelers may be out of the race now. To say I don't have much faith in Batch is putting it mildly. lol Oh well, such is the game of football.

We should however have Roethlisberger back in time to play against the Colts and possibly stop them from going undefeated. Considering the Pats, Steelers, and Bengals are the only three teams they have left to play that could do that, one of us needs to. I don't mind Indy going to the SB since their team is certainly worthy of it this year... But, there is no way I want to see any team other than the 72 Dolphins and the hopefully my beloved Steelers go undefeated. LOL

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Well, sure enough the Bengals won today! We're now 7-2! Who-Dey, Baby!

The Bengals looked like they played fairly well today. The exception being early on when it looked like the offensive line was crumbling. Then they shaped up for the rest of the game.

Next week is our bye week and after that it is battle with the Colts.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Steelers beat GB. I guess Roethlisberger's absence was why it was only a 10 point victory.

Thanks

Actually our Safety's fumble recovery ran in for a touchdown was the only reason it was a 10 point victory. We played for crap. They just played worse.

Great victory over the Ravens though Ryan. Grats on that. Next week we have the browns then the Ravens again and finally the Colts. That game I believe is going to decide whether we go Wild Card or Division Champs along with the game against Cincy on Dec 4th. I don't think it really matters too much as long as we don't lose any other games. Both of our teams are pretty much guaranteed a playoff birth at this time. And with the playoff schedule, I'd almost rather we went as a wild card.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Man, this sucked… No Bengals football for me today.

But, next weeks game will more than make up for it!!

I did notice that the Steelers won against the Browns and are now 7-2 just like us.

Also, looks like the Chargers had a bye week with us and Dallas is up on Monday Night Football against the Eagles.

Thanks

Yes the Steelers are 7-2. And to add to that... Since we beat the Bengals, we're

Ah I love it when the Steelers rule the division... Which is fairly often.

Here's my prediction for Dec 4th... .

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

The current Top 10 ranked NFL teams from SportsNation.

1. Colts
    2. Broncos
    3. Steelers
    4. Panthers
    5. Seahawks
    6. Bengals
    7. Cowboys
    8. Chargers
    9. Giants
    10. Falcons

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...tranker?id=385

Thanks

Sixth? Sixth?!?! The outrage!!!

And the Steelers THIRD?!?! Utter blasphemy!!!

I'll agree on the #1 spot though… Them Colts are burnin' it up but, that's going to end this Sunday.

Thanks

This almost hurts to say... But I agree the Bengals are better than 6th. Yech!

And it gets worse... I'm routing for the Bengals this sunday. lol

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

The Colts are going to be 9-2 shortly.

I think the Bengals will get them this weekend. (My college fraternity brother, former Giants QB Phil Simms, thinks so.) The Colts-Bengal game is the game, no doubt about that.

Steelers will get them on Monday Night Football in Indianapolis on the 28th.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    This almost hurts to say... But I agree the Bengals are better than 6th. Yech!

And it gets worse... I'm routing for the Bengals this sunday. Lol
    What did you say? I couldn't hear you. You mind repeating that a little louder?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    The Colts are going to be 9-2 shortly.

I think the Bengals will get them this weekend. (My college fraternity brother, former Giants QB Phil Simms, thinks so.) The Colts-Bengal game is the game, no doubt about that.

Steelers will get them on Monday Night Football in Indianapolis on the 28th.
    Hear! Hear! 9-2 Colts!

Also, I suppose I will actually have to lower myself to cheer for the on the 28th then…

(Damnit! I just noticed I missed a smilie for the Colts too! Grrr... Oh well, I'll fix it later.)

Thanks

There, fixed the smilie.

Looks like I missed a few others too... They have now been fixed as well...

Banned
    Thanks

will get their shot at the Colts and that's a game i am really looking forward to.

Thanks

The problem with undefeated teams is that they take away our hope of playoff victory and possible superbowl.

If the Colts get hit by the Bengals, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos, or Jags, then they become like the rest of the teams. Then we'll all have SB dreams again. lol But I honestly think that they may go undefeated. We have good teams, but they have a perfect team this year. Not good for us.

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Here's my top 10 based on how they've played overall this season.

1. Colts
    2. Broncos
    3. Steelers
    4. Seahawks
    5. Bengals
    6. Panthers
    7. Chargers
    8. Cowboys
    9. Giants
    10. Falcons

The two big games this week will be Colts at Bengals. And Eagles at Giants. I give Indy the edge in the Bengals game since Bengals have had trouble all season stopping the run. If Cincy can tighten up the defense and hold James to fewer than 100 yards then Cincy can take it. Palmer is hot right now and has so many weapons at his disposal its a wonder the ATF hasn't checked him out. And the Bengals have done something I haven't seen from them in many many seasons... They became balanced. They can run, they can throw, and they can defend against most anything. Except the run that is. Still... Indy will likely win this one. It'll be edge of the seat close though.

Indy 28 - Cincy 24

Philadelphia has the opposite problem. They can't seem to run the ball. Which is amazing considering they have Westbrook. With McNabb hurt and T.O. pretty much fired, one has to wonder if the Eagles are through for the season? The answer of course is no. They've got a youngin' QB in now and he's well liked by his team mates. They'll go extra far to protect him so he can get confidence built up. Also they'll attempt to run the ball more to cut back on potential youngin' mistakes. All roads to the NFC East run through Dallas right now. The Eagles are going to have to remember how to play NFL Football if they want the division and the Giants are a good place to start. Eli isn't his brother. He isn't even close. He has a tendancy to throw flat over the top and get picked off. Its unlikely they can move up a position unless Washington loses today even if they win but its a chip off the Iceburg. I look for Philly to barely lose this one, but it could just as easily go the other way.

N.Y.G. 20 Philly 17

Like all prognostications... If I'm right I'm a genius and if I'm wrong... Well, it was all for fun right? lol Here are the rest of the games without commentary.

St. Louis over Arizona
    Carolina over Chicago
    Dallas over Detroit
    Jacksonville over Tennessee
    Miami over Cleveland
    New England over New Orleans
    Washington over Oakland
    Tampa Bay over Atlanta
    Pittsburgh over Baltimore
    Seattle over San Francisco
    San Diego over Buffalo
    Denver over N.Y. Jets
    Kansas City over Houston
    Green Bay over Minnesota

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

For todays games and the teams I really want to see do well -- in order of importance to myself...

Git R Done !!!

Thread Information