Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Breitbart's "Sudden death"

Thanks

Default Re: Breitbart's "Sudden death"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    I just heard a replay of Breitbart and Carlson's interview with Sean Hannity about the dinner (I was mistaken) that they had with Ayers and Dohrn.

I picked up 2 interesting things from their interview.

1) Per Carlson , this meal was highly planned and choreographed because they knew Carlson and Breitbart were going to be attending.

2) Straight from Breitbart's mouth, Bill Ayers is a gourmet cook that prepared the meal.

Hmmm...
    I listened to that interview. I have been listening to Mark Levin who has also played some interviews. He also played the audio announcement about forcing Obama to be vetted.

I am not CONVINCED he was murdered - God help his family if he was, but I'm not going to ever rule it out now.

One other note, Levin has mentioned some woman who was suing A.B. for something. I missed three times who she was, and why she was suing, but she is continuing the lawsuit in spite of his death. That means his family will have to defend against her fucking lawsuit.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If Breitbart was named personally, the first motion to dismiss will be granted. That said, the broad will probably refile, but it won't go anywhere.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I don't know anything about it, except the tiny bit I caught out of the corner of my ear (I'm working on a lap top, trying to upgrade the OS to ubuntu 12.04... I'm having a shitty time with that) and it SOUNDED like some kind of a lawsuit about libel or something.

I'm not 100% sure though. I could probably look it up now since I'm now typing crap into a terminal now. LOL

Just sitting here biding my time while another 1 hour and 52 minutes remain on this upgrade... /sigh
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Ok... got some quickie data on it. This was pulled off Politico... not sure about that site....

Shirley Sherrod's suit against Andrew Breitbart likely to continue

By JOSH GERSTEIN | 3/1/12 4:38 PM EST

A defamation lawsuit a former Agriculture Department employee filed against conservative journalist Andrew Breitbart is likely to continue despite Breitbart's unexpected death on Wednesday night at age 43.
    USDA rural development staffer Shirley Sherrod filed the lawsuit against Breitbart and Breitbart aide Larry O'Connor last February over the pair's role in publicizing a video of a Sherrod speech which appeared to suggest the African-American Agriculture Department official was biased against white people. The publicity led to Sherrod's forced resignation, apparently with the White House's approval.
    While the clips and analysis posted at Breitbart's BigGovernment.com seemed to indicate that Sherrod was racist, the full video of of Sherrod's speech included her indicating she had learned a lesson from her earlier predispositions and had come to reject racial stereotyping.
    (See also: Video: Pundits react to Breitbart's death)
    Breitbart and O'Connor asked that the lawsuit be dismissed under an anti-SLAPP law the District of Columbia passed in 2010. Anti-SLAPP laws (the acronym stands for Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation) provide for quick dismissal of lawsuits arising from matters of public debate or controversy. However, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon refused to dismiss the case. He noted (in a statement posted here) that the anti-SLAPP law didn't take effect until March 2011, the month after Sherrod's suit was filed.
    Breitbart and O'Connor appealed Leon's ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals to the D.C. Circuit. Just last week (in a filing posted here), lawyers for Breitbart and O'Connor pressed the appeals court to allow full briefing and argument in the case. No decision has been announced by the court.
    Courts have a fairly straightforward and unemotional way of dealing with deaths, even one as sudden and headline-grabbing as Breitbart's. Normally, some party or attorney files a "suggestion of death." In a civil case, the person's estate is usually substituted for the person who died. So, Breitbart's estate would ordinarily be liable for any damages that would have been awarded against him. Legal Times pointed out Thursday that Breitbart's estate's defense could be weakened by his death, since he would not be available to testify.
    However, the impact of Breitbart's death on the outcome of this particular lawsuit could be limited, since O'Connor presumably was involved in discussions about the video, could testify about them and is also named as a defendant. In other words, the case won't just be going away unless Sherrod agrees to drop it, or the appeals court rules that the anti-SLAPP law might or does apply.
    Lawyers from both sides did not reply to messages seeking comment for this post.
    Read more about: First Amendment, Federal Courts, Defamation, Libel, Andrew Breitbart, D.C. Circuit, Anti-SLAPP Laws
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Posted the whole article in the original thread. This is in response to who was suing him...

A post on the site read: "Media Matters has a long history with Andrew Breitbart. We've disagreed more than we've found common ground, but there was never any question of Andrew's passion for and commitment to what he believed. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family today."

Sherrod, who sued him for reputation damage last year, also released a statement. She said: "The news of Mr Breitbart's death came as a surprise to me when I was informed of it this morning. My prayers go out to Mr Breitbart's family as they cope through this very difficult time."

A former Georgia state rural development director, Sherrod, who is black, was fired from her job in July 2010 after the appearance of an edited video of her making what appeared to be a racist remark.

She is seen telling a local NAACP group that she was initially reluctant to help a white farmer save his farm more than two decades ago, long before she worked for US government.

Missing from the video was the rest of the speech, intended as a message of racial healing, in which Sherrod said he realised her mistake and helped the farmer.

Sherrod sued Breitbart, his employee, Larry O'Connor, and an unnamed "John Doe" defendant for "defamation, false light and intentional infliction of emotional distress".

When the lawsuit was filed against him, Breitbart said she was fired not because of the film but due to her part in the 11-year-old Pigford case, in which black farmers sued for discrimination against the agriculture department.

Breitbart, an outspoken critic of the mainstream media, said: "I can promise you this: neither I, nor my journalistic websites, will or can be silenced by the institutional left, which is obviously funding this lawsuit."

A lawyer for O'Connor told the Associated Press on Thursday that it is unclear whether the case will proceed for the other two defendants, who were in the process of trying to get the case dismissed from federal court.
    It was not the first time he triggered a storm of criticism.

NOW I remember the bitch.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Andrew Breitbart Dead: What Happens to Shirley Sherrod Defamation Case Against Blogger?

By Howard Koplowitz: Subscribe to Howard's RSS feed
    March 1, 2012 3:35 PM EST

Before his sudden death early Thursday morning at age 43, conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart was facing a defamation suit filed by Shirley Sherrod, the former U.S. Agriculture Department official who was forced to step down from her job after Breitbart posted edited clips on his site of a speech Sherrod was giving to the NAACP that made her appear racist.

(Photo: Reuters)
    Andrew Breitbart's death has no bearing on the status of a defamation suit filed against him by Shirley Sherrod

Shortly after Breitbart posted Sherrod's speech to BigJournalism.com, which sparked the June 2010 controversy, Sherrod's whole NAACP speech, in which she was speaking about her own experiences with racism and struggles of white farmers, came to light and President Barack Obama apologized for Sherrod's forced retirement.

Sherrod was forced to step down in July 2010 from her position as the Georgia state director of rural development for the Agriculture Department over the edited remarks.

Breitbart, who was known for causing Sherrod's downfall and playing a large role in the sudden fall from grace of ex-U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, unexpectedly died early Thursday morning in Los Angeles of natural causes, according to a BigJournalism.com statement.

Now that Breitbart is dead, what happens to the lawsuit?

Sherrod's case, which Breitbart unsuccessfully attempted to get dismissed in U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia, can still proceed, although legal strategy for both parties is unclear, according to Joel Pollack, an editor at BigJournalism.com and its attorney, the Legal Times reported.

"We would argue that the primary motivation of the suit was to shut Mr. Breitbart's site down or 'get back at him,' in Ms. Sherrod's words. Perhaps they might change their strategy, I don't know. Certainly we're defending as before," said Pollack, according to the Legal Times.

To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail: h.koplowitz@ibtimes.com
    To contact the editor, e-mail: editor@ibtimes.com
    Last edited by American Patriot; March 2nd, 2012 at 00:40.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I am not CONVINCED he was murdered - God help his family if he was, but I'm not going to ever rule it out now.
    I'm not either.

However, I am very, very, very, very suspicious about the event. Namely how this happens to one of the right's biggest attack dogs (who was getting things done) after eating a meal prepared by an admitted terrorist and murderer.

Thanks

I ... don't think that meal he had was "recent" was it?

I thought that was a few months back?

Am I wrong?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

No, it was within the last 3-4 weeks. That mushroom I linked to can cause death up to 3 weeks after ingestion. I'm sure there are other plants/toxins that a trained Red terrorist would know about that may cause delayed death.

Also just heard on Mark Levin's show that the bomb squad is on Rush Limbaugh's property right now but everything is currently okay. No other details.

Thanks

Holy shit.. bomb squad?

I didn't hear that, I'm listening to the show! WTF????
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    That mushroom I linked to can cause death up to 3 weeks after ingestion.
    Death from orellanin poisoning isn't to suddenly collapse due to heart failure. You kidneys stop working and you die a slow agonizing death over days.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Well... then it wasn't a mushroom. It would have been "obvious" he was sick.

The one guy that spoke to him just a couple hours before he died said he was FINE.
    Libertatem Prius!

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

My first thought was about the 'accidental' deaths of various people in media around the world. I did think about rolling out a foil and making a hat though, but only a little bit. It is believable as stated above. Will there be proof if it was not a natural death? Only if evidence can be found. A pro may not leave such evidence.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Death from orellanin poisoning isn't to suddenly collapse due to heart failure. You kidneys stop working and you die a slow agonizing death over days.
    I stand corrected Mal. Thanks!

I was only going on what someone had told me about the time period for onset of death with those. I didn't read in depth on them and didn't know in what manner the toxin worked.

Thanks

Whatever Andrew had happen, maybe George Soros will catch it.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Andrew Breitbart Talked Politics in L.A. Bar an Hour Before Dying (Exclusive)

2:33 PM PST 3/1/2012 by Matthew Belloni

Marketing executive Arthur Sando tells THR about his lengthy debate with the conservative activist at The Brentwood; they said goodbye around 11:30 p.m., 50 minutes before Breitbart was pronounced dead.

Andrew Breitbart spent his final hours much like he lived most of his life: passionately talking politics.

Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43

Andrew Breitbart's Death: What the Media Is Saying

Andrew Breitbart Targets Michael Moore In New Attack

Breibart, the 43-year-old conservative pundit and provocateur who died suddenly early Thursday while walking near his Los Angeles home, had stopped into The Brentwood, a nearby bar and restaurant. There, he struck up a conversation with Arthur Sando, a marketing executive who didn't know Breitbart but likely was the last person to talk extensively with him before he died.

STORY: Ted turner calls Tea Party People 'Mean'
    In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Sando says he arrived at the bar in the tony Brentwood section of L.A. around 10 p.m. and soon the empty seat next to his was filled by a man with a familiar face.

"I tried to figure out how I knew him," says Sando, a veteran publicity and marketing executive who works for dietary supplement company MonaVie and has worked at CBS, King World Prods and Turner Broadcasting. "He was on his BlackBerry. And I said 'Andrew?' I told him I had seen his work."

Sando says the duo quickly struck up a conversation that would last a little less than two hours.

STORY: Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43
    "He was friendly and engaging," Sando recalls. "I said, 'You can't be very happy with the slate of Republican candidates' and he said, 'Why would you say that?' I said, 'Well, they're talking about contraception,' and he said, 'The conversation is being framed by the liberal media.' I said, 'Well, the media isn't writing Rick Santorum’s speeches for him.' We had a back-and-forth for awhile until we said we weren’t going to agree on some things."

The friendly debate continued in the bar as Breitbart sipped red wine, says Sando. "We just hit it off, he was delightful. There were other people who sat down and joined the conversation."

VIDEO: Andrew Breitbart Speaking to the Hollywood Congress of Republicans

Sando also mentioned that he hadn't seen Breitbart as a guest on HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher recently; Breitbart told Sando he enjoyed going on Maher's show because it taught him how to deal with a hostile audience and how to react when getting booed.

Breitbart had stopped in for a drink but wasn't there to meet anyone in particular, Sando says. Nor were there any signs of health or other problems.

"He wasn’t drinking excessively," Sando recalls. "He was on his BlackBerry a lot."

VIDEO: Andrew Breitbart Hijacks Rep. Anthony Weiner's Cable News Briefing
    After the two hours, Breitbart said he was leaving. "We exchanged contact information," Sando says. "We were going to get together."

Sando says he was "shocked" to read Thursday morning that Breitbart, who had a history of heart problems, had collapsed while on a walk near his home in the same neighborhood as the bar. Breitbart was rushed to a hospital and pronounced dead at 12:19 a.m., according to Reuters, less than an hour after leaving The Brentwood.

The exact cause of death has not been revealed but initial reports said it was natural causes.

"There were no signs that anything was wrong," says Sando. "It's very sad."

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Shocking Video: Andrew Breitbart’s Last Interview Was With Sheriff Joe Arpaio About Obama Eligibility

March 1, 2012 By Floyd Brown 9 Comments

The news conference of Sheriff Joe Arpaio on Barack Obama’s Birth Certificate yielded one fascinating back story. This is a story which has received no media coverage, but it deserves to get out.

We are all still dealing with the shock of our friend and Patriot Andrew Breitbart’s sudden death. Andrew was, as Rush Limbaugh say, a bulldog for the truth.

This back story is about Andrew’s last hours. In those last hours he was working with Sheriff Arpaio to get the truth about Obama’s fraudulent birth certificate out to a wider audience.

We filmed this amazing clip of Dr Jerome Corsi talking about Andrew’s last interview before his tragic death. It show’s he was in the fight until his last breath. We admire this man more than we can express.
    For the full video of the press conference go here: Sheriff Joe Arpaio Press Conference

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Michael Savage: Was Breitbart assassinated?

Media activist recently promised to publish revealing Obama videos

Noting that the cause of Andrew Breitbart’s unexpected death yesterday was being examined by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office, talk-radio host Michael Savage raised the question of whether the conservative media powerhouse – who recently announced he had videos that could politically damage President Obama – was murdered.

On his top-rated show today, Savage played an audio clip of Breitbart telling an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last month that he had obtained videos that shed light on Obama’s ties to radicals in the early 1980s who helped propel him to the presidency.

“Maybe my overly active imagination kicked into overdrive,” Savage told his listeners of his decision to raise the question. “But you heard what Breitbart said – he has videos … we’re going to vet the president.”

Breitbart reportedly was walking near his home in Brentwood, Calif., just after midnight this morning when he collapsed. A neighbor saw him fall and called 911. Emergency crews tried to revive him and rushed him to the emergency room at the UCLA Medical Center.

It’s entirely plausible, Savage acknowledged, that Breitbart simply collapsed of a heart attack because of overwork and a reported history of health problems.

“I’m asking a crazy question,” Savage said, “but so what? We the people want an answer. This was not an ordinary man. If I don’t ask this question, I would be remiss.”

Breitbart told the CPAC crowd last month that the videos would reveal Obama during a time when he was meeting a “bunch of silver ponytails” – referring to Weather Underground terror group members Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn.

Ayers and Dohrn reportedly launched Obama’s political career with a fundraiser in their Chicago home.

Savage noted that Breitbart had dinner with Ayers and Dorhn three weeks ago at the couple’s Hyde Park residence on Chicago’s South Side, which is near Obama’s home. Breitbart was invited by Daily Caller Editor-in-Chief Tucker Carlson, who won an Internet auction for a dinner party with the couple.

“I’ve got videos – this election we’re going to vet him,” Breitbart said at CPAC, promising they would show how “racial division and class warfare are central” to the “hope and change” that Obama”sold in 2008.”

“He threatened the president at CPAC with video that could derail the president’s campaign,” Savage said.

“I pray it was natural causes, but we’ll never know the truth.”

Savage said that if Breitbart’s colleagues have the videos, they should post them as soon as possible and make them viral “or they’ll never see the light of day.”

Savage said he hadn’t spoken with Breitbart for the past two years, but he recalled the media mogul’s visited to his home in the Bay Area.

“He spoke for three straight hours,” Savage said. “I was unable to say a word.”

Savage also attended a party at Breitbart’s Los Angeles home.

“I told him two years ago to get a body guard. Never be alone in the street,” Savage said.

Savage, the author of the bestselling novel “Abuse of Power,” put on his novelist hat and speculated about ways a murderer could remain undetected by inducing a heart attack that didn’t leave any traces.

A caller from Savage’s native New York City said there’s a simple way to find out what happened.

“If the tapes come out, he died of a heart attack,” the caller said. “If the tapes don’t come out, they whacked him.”

“The Savage Nation” airs live Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern. It can be heard online through stations such as KSTE in Sacramento.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

If he did have a prior heart problem, and I believe Hannity mentioned it, then he probably just had the big one.

It's just awfully convenient.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

If he had medical issues he would have been seeing a doctor.

Meanwhile it takes 6 days to determine Whitney Houston's death but only 2 hours for Breitbart right after promising to publish revealing Obama videos during an election year, not to mention on the same day the NDAA comes into effect.

Conservative activist Andrew Breitbart dead at 43

By Alex Dobuzinskis
    LOS ANGELES | Thu Mar 1, 2012 6:00pm EST

(Reuters) - Conservative activist Andrew Breitbart, an influential voice in U.S. Republican politics known for his attacks on liberals and Democrats, died unexpectedly of natural causes in Los Angeles early on Thursday, his family said. He was 43.

Breitbart was walking last night near his Los Angeles home when he collapsed, said his father-in-law, actor Orson Bean.

"He collapsed on the sidewalk and the paramedics were there very quickly and they couldn't revive him," Bean told Reuters in a phone interview.
    A friend of Breitbart told Reuters he had a history of heart problems and is believed to have suffered a heart attack.

The brash and outspoken blogger and commentator, who published politically inspired photos and undercover videos, was the center of several major news websites, including www.Breitbart.tv, www.breitbart.com and www.biggovernment.com.

Breitbart was a lightning rod who relished a role he cast for himself as an embattled conservative on the margins of the mainstream media he called "the Complex." Even so, he gained fans as a frequent guest on television news shows.

His work helped spark a number of prominent news stories in recent years. Those included undercover videos posted on his website about ACORN, a grass-roots group that offered housing assistance and other aid to the poor, and his role in bringing to public attention a sexually suggestive photo that Democratic U.S. Representative Anthony Weiner of New York posted through his Twitter page. That scandal eventually led to Weiner's resignation last year.

BROUGHT DOWN ACORN

In targeting ACORN, or the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, Breitbart posted videos in 2009 by conservative activists who secretly taped employees of the group giving tax advice to a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute. The controversy led Congress to deny federal housing funds to ACORN, which disbanded in 2010. The former head of ACORN did not respond to an email seeking comment on Breitbart's death.

Breitbart faced widespread criticism when in 2010 his website posted a heavily edited version of a speech by U.S. Department of Agriculture official Shirley Sherrod that led to her forced resignation.

Sherrod, who is black, said her bosses at USDA pushed her to resign after Breitbart posted portions of a video in which she seemed to say she had discriminated against a white farmer. But in the full video of the speech that Sherrod gave, she had in fact said race should not matter.

Breitbart mentioned the Sherrod controversy last night in one of his last Twitter messages, in response to a back-and-forth discussion with Web users in which one person suggested he should apologize to Sherrod. "Apologize for WHAT?" Breitbart wrote back.

Breitbart cut his teeth in the freewheeling world of online media as an editor of the Drudge Report, working in Los Angeles far from the Beltway of Washington, D.C. He also worked with blogger Arianna Huffington, playing an early role at the Huffington Post, which was founded in 2005.

Matt Drudge, founder of the Drudge Report, said in a message on his website on Thursday that he remembered Breitbart as "a constant source of energy, passion and commitment."

"I still see him in my mind's eye in Venice Beach (in Los Angeles), the sunny day I met him. He was in his mid 20s. It was all there. He had a wonderful, loving family and we all feel great sadness for them today," Drudge wrote.

MEDICAL ISSUES

Amid suggestions that Breitbart had suffered a heart attack, Bean said he did not know Breitbart had any cardiac problems and the editor-in-chief of Breitbart.com declined to discuss any details about his health.

Breitbart was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at 12:19 a.m. on Thursday, said Ed Winter, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Department of Coroner. An autopsy is tentatively scheduled for Friday.

Winter declined to discuss any possible heart problems Breitbart might have suffered. "He had some medical issues, hadn't seen a doctor in over a year and we don't have his medical history yet," Winter said.

"We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love," a memorial page on Breitbart's websites said. The message said Breitbart "passed away unexpectedly from natural causes."

The leading Republican presidential candidates, conservative commentators and some liberals quickly reacted with sadness to Breitbart's death.

"Ann and I are deeply saddened by the passing of @AndrewBreitbart: brilliant entrepreneur, fearless conservative, loving husband and father," Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney said on his Twitter page.

A message from former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin posted on her Facebook page also praised Breitbart. "We are all stunned and saddened by the news of Andrew Breitbart's passing," she wrote.

"Andrew was a warrior who stood on the side of what was right."

Even ideological opponents praised Breitbart.

"Andrew Breitbart was a conservative political combatant who was unafraid of his critics," tweeted Donna Brazile, Democratic Party strategist and former presidential campaign manager for Al Gore. "We battled on and off air, but he was a genius."

In his book "Righteous Indignation," Breitbart wrote: "I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and - famously - I enjoy making enemies."

"At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night," Breitbart wrote in the book.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information