Thread: Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery, 'Man vs. Wild' discontinued

Thanks

Default Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery, 'Man vs. Wild' discontinued

Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery, 'Man vs. Wild' discontinued

Published March 14, 2012
    | NewsCore

Fearless adventurer and ex-special forces soldier Bear Grylls has been axed by his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]TV [COLOR=blue !important]network[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] over a contract dispute.
    The 37-year-old rose to fame by being sent into dangerous locations. But the Discovery Channel dropped the British star of survival show "Man vs. Wild" on Tuesday and terminated all current productions with him.
    Grylls began hosting the show in 2006 and also fronts "Bear Grylls: Born Survivor" in the UK.
    The channel said that "due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him."
    A spokesman for Grylls confirmed he and the network were unable to reach an agreement on new programs and so parted ways.
    "Bear's goal has always been to make life-empowering shows for his many fans around the globe, and he has taken great risks to bring Discovery such award-winning programming over seven seasons," his publicist Heather Krug said.
    "Unfortunately, Bear and Discovery have not been able to come to mutual agreement on new programming, and he disagrees with Discovery's decision to terminate current productions. Bear has loved the 'Man vs. Wild' journey and looks forward to producing further cutting edge content again soon for his loyal audience," Krug added.
    Grylls spent three years in the UK's elite Special Air Service (SAS) regiment and also climbed Mount Everest at the age of just 23. In 2009 he was named the UK's youngest ever chief scout.
    Grylls' escapades have included being parachuted into the jungle and wrapping a urine-soaked T-shirt around his head to combat dehydration.
    According to his Discovery Channel biography, Grylls lives on a converted barge on the River Thames in London with his wife Shara and their sons Jesse, Marmaduke and Huckleberry.
    Related Video

Grylls Axed, 'Man vs. Wild' Over
    Discovery Channel fires British adventurer Bear Grylls over contract dispute, cancels popular show

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1p8e6gXnT
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Bear Grylls sacked by Discovery, 'Man vs. Wild' discontinued

I never liked this guy very much.

He was always too risky on his show, showing people things that they shouldn't do, like run down hill in ankle-breaking rocks to get to the bottom faster, or swimming across a fast river that was almost at freezing temperatures without really ever saying "I've been trained to do this so you shouldn't try this yourself UNLESS its your ONLY hope".

In some ways his show was good, but there were a lot of things I'd never have demonstrated to people for fear they'd kill themselves thinking they could do it too....

On the other hand he did a lot to show the right way to do things in a survival situation - but did a LOT of dangerous things that one shouldn't do if they ARE in a true survival situation.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

They probably got tired of renting him suites every night after filming.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I was thinking the film crew didn't want to spend any more time running headlong down a mountain.....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I was thinking the film crew didn't want to spend any more time running headlong down a mountain.....
    I think it's the fact that people can only go "Eeewwwww" once after squeezing drinking fluid out of Elephant dung.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

LOL. Yeah, there were a lot of strange things like that.

My biggest issue with the guy is he is supposed to be teaching survival skills, in a way, but he does a lot of dumb assed things that a person in a survival situation should never do.

The whole point to survival is... umm SURVIVING. Swimming across a leech infested lake, or a lake that iced over, climbing down a 75 foot cliff in a jungle without making sure you can get down in one piece, eating some of the creatures he's eaten (with out knowing for sure if they are poisonous for instance) are all things that would likely kill almost any one of us if we weren't thinking clearly enough to understand what we're getting into.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information