Ok, I am picking this up from what I just stated in the Linux thread.

Anyone done any satellite tracking, weather decoding on and on. I am trying to play with wxtoimg. This lets you plug in your radio at set frequency and at the right time you can get the map info from that said satellite. I am really new at this but I thought I would see if someone else has crossed this bridge yet.

On a side note I have listened to police scanners for about 15 years. Well this area went to digital trunking and I had to get a scanner capable of doing that. I am using a Radio Shack Pro-106 to listen to and trying to use that to get at the NOAA satellites. I have my old pro-67 that can sit on the same frequencies but I haven't tried it.

My problem is I need to make an antenna that does the job better than what I have.

I will leave a link to the software and see what any of you guys think.

http://www.wxtoimg.com/

I am not sure if the radios I am using have the correct bandwidth to do this sort of thing. Even at that and just using my telescoping antenna and adjusting it to what works best I am picking up map outlines at times but nothing really to spectacular such as the example on the website.