Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Thanks

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

It does NOT work, Ryan. This is the second time in a week I think that we've seen something like this. Didn't you JUST post something a few days ago that said something like this?

As a CCW holder in CO I HAVE to KNOW the law. If I carry a weapon into a building where it's not allowed I can lose my license, and be arrested, have my weapon confiscated.

Suddenly if I "know precisely" how the law works and have to shoot a breaking-and-entering criminal trying to get to me and my wife, our belongings or even our guns and have studied the law to know when I can and can't use that weapon, suddenly I'm culpable?

Yeah, it's horseshit (and I'm so glad you're learning new Western Words. I'm proud of you!) /chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Horseshit is a very Ohio term as well...specially living on a farm with horses.

I shoveled it as much as the next guy.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL!

I may have posted something like that but I don't recall exactly. So much going on.

I'm just more surprised to actually see it in print. I first heard this line of reasoning yesterday on FNC from Arthur Aidala, of all people, and couldn't actually believe those words were coming out of his mouth. Something along the lines of, "George Zimmerman knew enough about the Stand Your Ground law to do just enough to legally shoot Trayvon."

Thanks

Ryan, Yep, smells like horseshit.

Mal, "Horseshit" was a phrase my Dad, born and mostly raised in Kentucky used to use almost religiously. He used it instead of the bovine specimen of excrement. If Dad thought you were telling a lie, or a tall tale, weren't entirely forthcoming with information, or were remiss in your job but provided a 'good excuse' the phrase invariably heard out of him was "Horseshit".

So it's likely more of a midwestern term than a "western" term anyway. I just put it that way because... well, frankly I use the term often myself. Not sure if it was learned behavior or genetic though.

I'm a Michigander by birth, a Kentuckian by genes and a Westerner by choice - But Always an American First.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Look, another single blow fatality: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/03/2...e-against.html

Thanks

Miami-Dade Board Worries About Civil Unrest In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict

July 3, 2013

Anticipating a verdict in the George Zimmerman murder trial of Miami Gardens teen Trayvon Martin, a committee of Miami-Dade's Community Relations Board will promote community peace by flooding social media, opening church doors and trying to get Miami Heat players to lead a unity walk through the inner city.

The 50-year-old board, created during the civil unrest of the 1960s to promote racial harmony, met at County Hall Tuesday to lay out plans for how it will deal with potential flare ups, whether Zimmerman is acquitted or convicted of the charge of murdering Trayvon last year near his father's home in the Central Florida town of Sanford.

"Our goal is to make sure we have a response no matter how it comes out," said the Rev. Walter T. Richardson, chairman of the board's executive committee.

Board members hoping for the best from local residents nonetheless showed concern Tuesday.

"There is unrest in the south. I think it's a powder keg," said the Rev. Al Jackson, a pastor in Richmond Heights. "People are looking for outlets."

For more than two hours Tuesday board members listened to the chairman of the CRB's Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Committee talk about a timeline for the trial, discussed nuances of the case and asked a Miami-Dade police department representative to let the board know of sites the department plans to allow as protest areas.

Near the end of the meeting, board member Edward Harris said he was tired of talking and asked what the board planned to do.

Two of the group's youngest members, the Rev. Eddy Gervais and County Youth Commission Chairman Jude Bruno, were chosen to promote a calm reaction to a verdict through Facebook and Instagram, and by creating a hashtag on Twitter -- possibly #keepcalmfortrayvon.

Ed Shohat, chairman of the board's Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Committee, said he will lead an effort to get Miami Heat players to lead a walk through the community, and religious leaders from around the county agreed to keep their doors open after the verdict so people could pray and talk. The board will also take part in a community conversation and forum at the North Dade Regional Library on Tuesday.

Also attending Tuesday's meeting was Robert Fulton, brother of Sybrina Fulton, Trayvon's mother.

...and trying to get Miami Heat players to lead a unity walk through the inner city.
    Great idea! They certainly have no vested interest or bias in this...

Thanks

I've been busy today and haven't had a chance to catch much of the trial today but I've had a chance to read a couple quick summaries and I saw that Zimmerman's mother and uncle testified today. It sounds like Zimmerman's uncle made the biggest impact as he is a retired 26 year Army Command Sergeant Major and current Seminole County Sheriff's Deputy. He apparently smacked it out of the park with his testimony.

Thanks

Here's a running thread/news link:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/09/justic...tes/index.html

(HLN) -- HLN, CNN's sister network, is covering the George Zimmerman trial, gavel to gavel. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. Here is testimony from Tuesday:
    [Updated at 12:32 p.m. ET]
    Judge Nelson has recessed court for lunch. The live blog will pick back up at 1:30 p.m. ET when testimony resumes.
    [Updated at 12:31 p.m. ET]
    West asked if there could have been more impacts to Zimmerman's head. Di Maio said the photos indicate 6 blows to Zimmerman's head, but there could have been more. The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.
    [Updated at 12:28 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio said one photo seems to show that Zimmerman's broken nose that appears to have been pushed back in place.
    [Updated at 12:25 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio said photos of Zimmerman's injury to his nose is consistent with a broken nose. He also said it was consistent with being punched in the face.
    [Updated at 12:21 p.m. ET]
    West is showing a picture of the right side of Zimmerman's head. Di Maio said these injuries are consistent with blunt force trauma.
    [Updated at 12:17 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio said the multiple blows to Zimmerman's head could have amounted to symptoms consistent with a concussion.
    [Updated at 12:14 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio said the lacerations on Zimmerman's head is a indicator that his head hit something with great force.
    [Updated at 12:10 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio is talking about when you head hits a flat surface it is difficult to create a laceration.
    [Updated at 12:08 p.m. ET]
    West is displaying an injury to back of Zimmerman's head on the overhead projector.
    [Updated at 12:05 p.m. ET]
    "If you fall and hit your head you can get a minor concussion," said Di Maio.
    [Updated at 12:04 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio is explaining different types of brain injuries to the jury.
    [Updated at 12:02 p.m. ET]
    Di Maio said he reviewed photographs of Zimmerman's injuries from the alleged altercation with Martin.
    [Updated at 11:59 a.m. ET]
    West has moved on to injuries Zimmerman sustained the night of the shooting.
    [Updated at 11:58 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio said Martin would have lost consciousness between 10 and 15 second after being shot, and may have been able to talk make voluntary movement in those 10 to 15 seconds.
    [Updated at 11:57 a.m. ET]
    "He is going to be dead between one and three minutes after being shot," said DiMaio.
    [Updated at 11:53 a.m. ET]
    "In this case you have a through-and-through hole of the right ventricle, and then you have a least one hole if not two into the right lung. So you are losing blood, and every time the heart contracts it pumps blood the two holes in the ventricle and at least one hole in the lung. So you are losing blood. If you engage in a struggle, which is what was supposed to have happened, your heart increases. Mr. Martin was a healthy young man. If he was involved in a struggle you expect his heart to be going, beating, especially after he had been shot, more than a 100 times minute." Di Maio said. "You are losing 1,500 cc's in a minute. That's about a quarter of his blood supply. In a second minute, if you can assume the same rate. Actually, the heart would probably be beating faster for the second minute. He is going to lose another 1,500. Well, that means he has lost more than 50 percent of his blood supply."
    [Updated at 11:47 a.m. ET]
    West has now moved on to asking Di Maio about how long Martin was conscious and alive after the shot was fired.
    [Updated at 11:43 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio said the medical evidence is consistent with Zimmerman's explanation of how he shot Martin.
    [Updated at 11:39 a.m. ET]
    West asked, "Is this a hard call for you?"
    "No, this is basic, you know, 101," Di Maio said.
    [Updated at 11:36 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio is explaining that if the gun had pressed up against Martin's body the injury and the hole in Martin's clothing would have looked differently.
    [Updated at 11:35 a.m. ET]
    The powder follows the bullet as it is fired according to Di Maio.
    [Updated at 11:34 a.m. ET]
    The pattern of the powder tattooing on Martin's body took up an area about 2 inches by 2 inches.
    [Updated at 11:33 a.m. ET]
    The pattern of the powder tattooing helps pathologist determine how far away the gun barrel was away from the body when it was fired.
    [Updated at 11:31 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio is showing the jury a picture of the bullet entrance wound on Martin's body. There is a tattooing of small puncture wounds around the bullet hole. The powder coming out of the gun barrel created the small puncture wounds.
    [Updated at 11:29 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio said the barrel was against the clothing, but two to four inches away from Martin's skin or body.
    [Updated at 11:26 a.m. ET]
    "The photographs (of Martin's clothing) show a contact discharge of the weapon against the clothing," said Di Maio. "At the time of discharge, the gun was against the clothing. The gas came out tore the clothing."
    [Updated at 11:23 a.m. ET]
    Zimmerman's video re-enactment of the shooting was played for Di Maio, and he reviewed the physical evidence to make sure if either supported his story or contradicted Zimmerman.
    [Updated at 11:20 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio is explaining the evidence he reviewed in Zimmerman's case.
    [Updated at 11:18 a.m. ET]
    Judge Nelson says Di Maio's resume will be admitted into evidence.
    [Updated at 11:15 a.m. ET]
    West is having Di Maio review his resume, and has asked moved it into the evidence. The attorneys at a sidebar with the judge.
    [Updated at 11:13 a.m. ET]
    "If you take a gun with a blank cartridge and put it against your chest the gas formed, which will tear right through your skin and muscle into your lung. People will kid around and put it to their head. They are going to die," said Di Maio. You don't need the bullet to kill you with a contact wounds."
    [Updated at 11:09 a.m. ET]
    If a gun is fired close to clothing the gas coming out of the gun will actually tear the clothing before the bullet, according to Di Maio.
    [Updated at 11:06 a.m. ET]
    West asked Di Maio to explain the mechanics of what happens in a gun when a bullet is fired.
    [Updated at 11:04 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio has been in private practice as a consultant since January of 2007.
    [Updated at 11:01 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio has worked as a pathologist for about 40 years, and he has preformed about 9,000 autopsies and has reviewed more than 20,000 other autopsies conducted by other doctors.
    [Updated at 10:58 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio has participated in about 88 peer reviewed articles about pathology.
    [Updated at 10:55 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio said he wrote a book about gunshots, and he has also written a handbook for pathology.
    [Updated at 10:53 a.m. ET]
    West is asking Di Maio to run through the different academic appointments he has had through his career. Di Maio worked as a professor at the University of Texas.
    [Updated at 10:51 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio is talking about how he started one of the first DNA crime labs West of the Mississippi.
    [Updated at 10:48 a.m. ET]
    West asked Di Maio to explain his experience in the field of pathology.
    [Updated at 10:45 a.m. ET]
    Di Maio is explaining the field of pathology to the jury, and how it is the study of disease in the body.
    [Updated at 10:43 a.m. ET]
    Dr. Di Maio graduated from medical school in 1965.
    [Updated at 10:41 a.m. ET]
    The jury is seated, and the defense has called forensic pathologist Dr. Vincent Di Maio to the stand.
    [Updated at 10:37 a.m. ET]
    The defense team is preparing some visual aids for the next witness. The jury is being seated.
    [Updated at 10:35 a.m. ET]
    Judge Nelson is asking Zimmerman if he had conversation about how his attorney will only ask one of the defense experts certain questions. Zimmerman said yes, he did discuss the matter with O'Mara and understands the decision his defense is making. Testimony should resume shortly.
    [Updated at 10:31 a.m. ET]
    The attorneys are at a sidebar with the judge.
    [Updated at 10:28 a.m. ET]
    The judge will continue the evidentiary hearing regarding the computer animation after court as the prosecutor's questioning of the defense expert will take at least 45 minutes. She wants to get the testimony started, so defense will call its next witness shortly.
    [Updated at 10:17 a.m. ET]
    Court has recessed for five minutes.
    [Updated at 10:14 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara said he uses a software that is also used by police departments to create the 3D animations.
    [Updated at 10:12 a.m. ET]
    The problem with the overhead projector seems to be the fact that Schumaker's 3D animation is on a Mac.
    [Updated at 10:08 a.m ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker to explain at the judge's bench how he used the evidence in the case to build the 3D animation. The cameras in the courtroom cannot shoot the animation due to the angle of the laptop.
    [Updated at 10:03 a.m. ET]
    The overhead projector wouldn't work. So Schumaker is showing the Mantei and the judge the animation at the bench.
    [Updated at 9:59 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker said he had everything he needed to create the 3D animation in the Zimmerman case. He is about to play the 3D animation for the court.
    [Updated at 9:54 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker said he put motion capture suits on a couple of volunteers from O'Mara's law firm.
    [Updated at 9:51 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara asked Schumaker to list the evidence he used to create the 3D animation in the Zimmerman case.
    "The discovery from the district attorneys office, photographs, corner photographs, corner reports, and police reports, audio from the 911 calls," Schumaker said.
    [Updated at 9:48 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker said he was able to work audio from 911 calls into the 3D animation in Zimmerman's case.
    [Updated at 9:47 a.m. ET]
    "The scope of work was to do a reconstruction of the scene with the information we had and the creation of an animated timeline," Schumaker said.
    [Updated at 9:44 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker has worked on 59 criminal cases in total. He has also worked on a variety of civil cases.
    [Updated at 9:41 a.m ET]
    O'Mara asked Schumaker to explain fact patterns of other cases he has worked on in the past.
    [Updated at 9:39 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker says he has never testified in a case outside of California.
    [Updated at 9:36 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker has worked on shooting cases involving civil suits against police officers.
    [Updated at 9:33 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker to give an overview of the types of cases he been involved with. He said he is unsure about how many shooting cases he has worked on.
    [Updated at 9:30 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker has worked and testified in about 20 criminal cases since 2008.
    [Updated at 9:27 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker if understands how the software works. He says he doesn't know the math or physics behind the software, but he knows it is certified to work. He says the technology he uses is used in movies like "Ironman."
    [Updated at 9:24 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is explaining how he enters defendants and victims height and weight into consideration when recreating a potential crime with a 3D animation.
    [Updated at 9:21 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker how he calibrates the accuracy of the motion capture suit.
    [Updated at 9:18 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is explaining how he has a helicopter drone he can use to map a 3D map, but he hasn't used it in this case.
    [Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is explaining the training he has had to use the software to create 3D animations.
    [Updated at 9:13 a.m. ET]
    The 3D animation could not be played on the overhead projector for some reason. So Schumaker is showing the judge and prosecutor Mantei the animation on his laptop at the judge's bench.
    [Updated at 9:08 a.m. ET]
    There seems to be a technical issue with playing the 3D animation.
    [Updated at 9:06 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is about to play a 3D animation he made in a previous case.
    [Updated at 9:04 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is explaining how he has used a motion capture suit in a past case he worked on.
    [Updated at 9:02 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker to explain how software works that interprets the data from a motion capture suit.
    [Updated at 8:59 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker uses a motion capture suit to digitally record someone's movements in real time.
    [Updated at 8:57 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker uses a camera with lasers that can map or measure a room or crime scene in three dimensions precisely.
    [Updated at 8:54 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara is asking Schumaker to explain the software he uses to create 3D animations.
    [Updated at 8:52 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker has working on crime reconstructions for 13 years.
    [Updated at 8:50 a.m. ET]
    Schumaker is going over his resume and education. He said he takes police reports, ballistic reports, and makes his own measurements to create 3D animations of how crimes occurred.
    [Updated at 8:48 a.m. ET]
    The defense has called Daniel Schumaker. He built the animation of shooting for the defense.
    [Updated at 8:45 a.m. ET]
    Judge Nelson said she wants to continue with the hearing about admissibility of the defense's animation. She told the defense attorneys they have the burden so they need to call their first witness.
    [Updated at 8:44 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara said animations are often used in criminal cases, and he doesn't understand why there is an admissibility issue.
    [Updated at 8:41 a.m. ET]
    O'Mara said the prosecution has a problem with the fact that their experts are saying the the bullet entered Martin's body at a 90 degree angle combined with how far away the gun was away from Martin's body. One defense expert is going to say the gun was two to four inches away from Martin's body.
    [Updated at 8:37 a.m. ET]
    The judge is reading a document right now.
    [Updated at 8:35 a.m. ET]
    Mantei is discussing something with defense attorney Mark O'Mara right now.
    [Updated at 8:32 a.m. ET]
    Prosecutor Rich Mantei is objecting to the defense's 3D animation being presented, because the defense is wants to show it to the jury before an expert testifies whose opinion the animation is based on. Mantei wants a hearing to flesh out all the objections he has for the animation.
    [Updated at 8:31 a.m. ET]
    Judge Nelson is on the bench, and the hearing should begin soon.
    [Updated at 8:15 a.m. ET]
    Court should reconvene at 8:30 a.m. when the judge is expected to rule on the state's objections to the defense's computer animation of the fatal shooting
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Expert says evidence jibes with Zimmerman's story

KYLE HIGHTOWER MIKE SCHNEIDER Associated Press Published:
    SANFORD, Fla. (AP) -- A pathologist hired by the defense says George Zimmerman's account of how he fatally shot Trayvon Martin is consistent with the forensic evidence.

Dr. Vincent Di Maio testified Tuesday that the trajectory of the bullet and gun powder on Martin's body support Zimmerman's version that Martin was on top of him when Zimmerman fired his gun into Martin's chest.

Di Maio says the gun's muzzle was against Martin's clothing and anywhere from two to four inches from Martin's skin.

Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder. He says he shot Martin in self-defense.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Gunshot wound expert testifies that powder marks on Trayvon Martin's chest show he was on top of George Zimmerman when he was shot

By Rachel Quigley
    PUBLISHED: 11:47 EST, 9 July 2013 | UPDATED: 11:52 EST, 9 July 2013

A forensic pathologist told the court today the powder marks around Trayvon Martin's bullet wound indicate the teen was likely on top of George Zimmerman when he was shot.

Dr Vincent di Maio, an expert on gunshot wounds, said the firearm would have been two to four inches away from the teen's body when the shot was fired, indicating he was leaning forward at the time.

He explained the evidence is consistent with Trayvon's clothes not being tight to his chest otherwise the 'powder-tattooing' marks would have been different.

'If you’re lying on your back, the clothing is going to be against your chest,' Dr di Maio said.

'So the fact that we know the clothing was two to four inches away is consistent with someone leaning over the person doing the shooting.

'My opinion is that that muzzle of the gun was two to four inches away from the skin. So, the barrel of the gun was against the clothing, but the clothing itself had to be two to four inches away from the body at the time Mr Martin was shot.

Expert in gunshot wounds: Dr Vincent di Maio holds up a picture of the closeup of Trayvon Martin's gunshot wound and explains the markings surrounding it and what it means

Defendant: George Zimmerman arrives for his trial on Tuesday July 9 in Seminole Circuit Court where he is being tried for second-degree murder

Parents: Tracy Martin, left, with Trayvon's mother Sybrina Fulton, testified yesterday that the screams for help did belong to his son

Argument: Defense counsel Mark O'Mara, far right, addresses forensics animation expert Daniel Shumaker, center, with Assistant State Attorney Richard Mantei, far left, and Judge Debra Nelson looking on

'The physical evidence is consistent with George Zimmerman's account of what happened.'
    He said the teen could only have been alive for up to three minutes after he was shot, conflicting with the medical examiner who testified for the state last week that Trayvon could have lived 'in pain and suffering' for up to ten minutes.
    He also explained that if clothes taken into evidence are wet and packaged in plastic bags, and not paper bags, it can ruin the samples since 'bacteria multiplies and you get mold and it stinks to high heaven'.
    Dr di Maio has performed more than 9,000 autopsies and reviewed more than 30,000 in his career as well as writing four books - some of which were about gunshot wounds.

Before Di Maio was called, the attorneys spent much of the morning debating about whether jurors should be allowed to see an animation, produced by the defense, of the fatal encounter between Zimmerman and the teen.

Mark O'Mara argued the animation presents the fact that Trayvon was shot at a 90-degree angle and supports the way the defense believes the shooting happened.

Prosecutors object to the animation, saying it isn't an accurate depiction of what happened.

Jovial: Shaking hands with Don West, Zimmerman smiled and winked at his attorney before the defense continued presenting their case after the prosecution rested on Friday

Under cross examination from Bernie de la Rionda, Tracy Martin said of the recording: 'I was listening to my son's last cry for help. I was listening to his life being ended by somebody else'
    Defense attorneys called the man who created the animation to testify. Daniel Schumaker explained he sometimes places people in motion-capture suits. It's the same type of technology used in films such as Avatar.

To recreate the fight, Schumaker went to the crime scene and had employees in motion-capture suits re-enact what happened based on coroner photographs, police reports, the coroner's report, witness depositions and photos taken by responding police officers, he said.

The fight took place on a dark, rainy night in February 2012 and there were no eyewitnesses who saw the entire incident.

Several witnesses saw and heard parts of the struggle that left Martin dead with a bullet in his heart. For a timeline, Schumaker relied on a 911 call made by a neighbor reporting the struggle, he said.

The judge, frustrated by how long the evidence hearing was taking with jurors in a waiting room for more than 90 minutes, postponed the state's argument and her decision until later this afternoon.

Today's scientific-based evidence comes the day after the emotional testimonies of several of Zimmerman's friends and the father of Trayvon Martin - who said yesterday it was his son crying for help in the 911 call.
    Tracy Martin became upset and emotional on the stand as he told the court he believes he was listening to his son's last cry for help.
    He denied saying the screams for help did not belong to his son - just hours after two police officers swore that he said 'No', when asked if he recognized the voice.

Testimony: Talking about the moment he played the tape to Tracy Martin the night after his son was shot, Serino told the court he asked him if the voice was Trayvon's and he said 'no'
    Detective Chris Serino spoke today about the moment he played the 911 call tape to Tracy Martin one or two days after the shooting, when he asked him if the voice belonged to Trayvon.
    'He looked away and under his breath as I interpret it, said "no",' he recalled.
    But when Tracy Martin testified he said he told Serino: 'I can't tell', adding that at no time did he say it wasn't Trayvon.

Under cross examination from Bernie de la Rionda, he said of the recording: 'I was listening to my son's last cry for help. I was listening to his life being ended by somebody else.

'It's very difficult to believe that Trayvon is not living. That was my best friend in life and to have him one is tragic [sic].
    'My world from that point and until today, my world has been turned upside down,' he said.

He also admitted repeatedly listening to the 911 call because he was 'trying to figure out why the defendant got out of his vehicle and chased my son'.

The 911 call is a crucial piece of evidence in the case because it could determine who the aggressor was in the confrontation last February
    Zimmerman appeared relaxed and even jovial as five of his friends testified with conviction the screams on the 911 call belonged to him.

He was seen smiling and winking as he shook hands with defense attorney Don West earlier in proceedings - which came amid speculation the prosecution's case has 'crumbled'.

Accused: George Zimmerman arrives for his second-degree murder trial in Seminole circuit court in Sanford, on July 8, 2013

Father of Trayvon Martin: Tracy Martin listens to Sanford police officer Chris Serino testify that he said the screams for help did not belong to his son

Zimmerman's friend: It was George's voice on 911 tape

After the call was played for Sondra Osterman in the courtroom, defense attorney Mark O'Mara asked who it was.

'Yes, definitely. It's Georgie,' she said, who testified she first met Zimmerman in 2006 while working with him at a mortgage company. 'I just hear it. I hear him screaming.'

When asked by O'Mara if she detected ill will, spite or hatred in his voice when he said to the 911 dispatcher: 'F***ing punks. These a*******. They always get away', she answered no.

Prosecutors must show that Zimmerman acted with ill will, spite or a depraved mind in order to get a second-degree murder conviction.
    Osterman and her husband, Mark, describe themselves as the best friends of Zimmerman and his wife.

Under cross-examination, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda implied that Sondra Osterman and her husband, Mark, had a stake in the outcome of the trial because they had written a book about Zimmerman's case and were donating the proceeds to their friend.
    'I wouldn’t lie for him or for anybody,' Sondra Osterman said, adding that she was unsure how many copies her husband's book 'Defending our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America' has sold.

The 911 call captured the confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin shortly before Zimmerman fatally shot the teen. It is a crucial piece of evidence because it could show who the aggressor in the fight was.

His mother and uncle testified last Friday it was Zimmerman screaming. Trayvon's mother and brother also took the witness stand last Friday to say the voice belongs to the teenager.

'My world turned upside down': Trayvon Martin's father takes the...

At ease: George Zimmerman talks to his security escort from the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, court investigator Rob Hemmert

Convincing: Sondra Osterman, a friend of George Zimmerman, told the court after the 911 call was played again: 'Yes, definitely. It's Georgie.'

Emotional: John Donnelly, a friend of George Zimmerman, dries his eyes after listening to screams on the 911 tape entered in evidence, which he said belongs to the 29-year-old

Best friend: Mark Osterman testified about how Zimmerman had chosen and purchased his firearm and revealed that he could shoot with both hands

Parents: Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton arrive today. Mother Sybrina testified on Friday that the calls for help belonged to her son

Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch volunteer, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and says he shot Martin in self-defense during a scuffle in the townhome complex where he lived. Martin was there visiting his father and his father's fiancee.

Prosecutors contend that Zimmerman was profiling Martin and perceived the teen as someone suspicious in the neighborhood, which had been the site of a series of break-ins.

Mark Osterman took the witness stand after his wife to testify about how Zimmerman had chosen and purchased his firearm.
    He testified the 29-year-old could shoot with both hands, and he also said he recommended keeping the gun loaded.
    Geri Russo, a friend and former coworker, testified the yelling heard on the 911 tape is Zimmerman.

'I recognize his voice, I’ve heard him speak many times,' she told the court. 'I have no doubt in my mind that’s his voice.'

Leanne Benjamin, another former coworker, also identified Zimmerman as the screaming voice on the 911 call.

She is the sixth witness called by the defense to testify it is his screams for help.

'I know his voice,' Benjamin told jurors. 'I know what his voice sounds like when he gets excited or loud.'
    John Donnelly was the seventh person to identify the Zimmerman's voice on the call.

Argue: Prosecutors said Zimmerman's ability to understand criminal investigations and desire to be a police officer doesn't show wrongdoing, but is relevant to Zimmerman's state of mind on the night Martin was killed

He said he thinks of Zimmerman 'as a son' and spent $4,700 to Zimmerman's defense fund, his personal website and buying him suits, shirts, and ties for the trial.

'There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that is George Zimmerman,' Donnelly told the jury while wiping his eyes. 'And I wish to God I did not have the ability to make the determination.'

Adam Pollock, owner of a kickboxing gym where Zimmerman trained prior to the incident., also testified today and said that he was 'grossly obese', and not athletic at all when he started at the gym.

'He came to lose weight and get in shape,' Pollock said. When asked to rate Zimmerman's athletic ability on a scale of one to 10 when he began training, he replied: 'Point-five.'
    'He was a beginner. He was not a physically accomplished individual,' adding that he did not even know how to punch effectively.

'Self defence': The defence claim he was attacked by Trayvon, above, and shot him during a tussle on the ground

Injured in the tussle: Don West, a defense attorney for George Zimmerman, displays a photo of his client, from the night of the shooting

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Zimmerman deserves a fair shake in court, if not the media

By Jennifer Rubin, Published: July 9, 2013 at 8:45 amE-mail the writer

If you’ve noticed the actual George Zimmerman trial — as opposed to the inquisition conducted by the liberal media before the first juror was sworn in or the first scrap of evidence presented — it isn’t about the two things left-leaning pundits said it was: race and Florida’s “stand your ground” statute.

George Zimmerman (Gary W. Green/Orlando Sentinel)

As to the latter, Zimmerman never raised that defense. All that pontificating about the National Rifle Association’s work in state capitals and the speculation about whether Zimmerman was emboldened to act because of such a law turned out to be, well, meaningless. This is an ordinary, standard-issue self-defense case.
    Dan Abrams of ABC News explained:
    Zimmerman waived a pre-trial Stand Your Ground hearing and went directly to trial (likely because his lawyers knew they would lose) and simply argued classic self-defense, which is different. Now no matter how it started, if Zimmerman shot Martin because he reasonably believed it was the only way to protect himself from “great bodily harm” then he is not guilty. That’s the law.
    That, in part, is why the second-degree-murder charge is so inappropriate. When there is a struggle for a gun, one witness (John Good) spots the victim on top and there are extensive injuries to the accused, it is hard to think how there could be a charge of murder, which requires depraved mind, indifference to human life and other states of mind for which there is little, if any, evidence.

That is why Abrams concludes: “The prosecution has the burden to prove the case, and so if there is reasonable doubt, the defense wins. Good’s testimony in conjunction with Zimmerman’s injuries are likely enough to cast reasonable doubt on the key question, which is whether Zimmerman reasonably believed he needed to shoot Martin to prevent ‘great bodily injury.’”

Then there is the race issue. There hasn’t been any evidence of racial animus other than the testimony of the state’s witness, Rachel Jeantel, that Martin referred to Zimmerman as the “creepy a** cracker.” As for Zimmerman’s purported racism, there hasn’t been evidence to support the liberal construction of the case, namely that this is all about Zimmerman’s, the police’s, and/or the original prosecutors’ racism.

The New York Times has an unintentionally revealing report about the insistence by liberal onlookers that race must be at the heart of this:
    The judge made it clear that statements about race would be sharply limited and the term “racial profiling” not allowed. What is more, overtly bringing up race might not have helped the prosecution.

“There is no question that race is the 800-pound gorilla in this trial,” said Ed Shohat, a Miami lawyer who is also a member of the Miami-Dade County Community Relations Board. “But if you overplay that card either way, you lose with the jury. You have to let the jury come to its own conclusion.”
    If they come to that conclusion, then it’s not based on evidence, because none was presented. Are left-leaning pundits and civil rights advocates (protection against being wrongly convicted isn’t one of those rights, it seems) suggesting that anytime a white man (or Hispanic, as is the case in the Zimmerman case) shoots an African American there is racism and the failure to charge the alleged killer is also racism? That, I guess, is still potent stuff with some readers. But that is not what trials and “justice” demand. For that, you need actual proof.

Simply because the left-wing media insists on seeing every event through a prism of race — leaving them indifferent to facts, the law and that justice they keep say they’re looking for — they tend to ignore the requirements of a murder conviction. But that doesn’t mean the jury should.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Bleak outlook for Sanford Florida if you ask me. After all Zimmerman will likely be acquitted and spirited out of the area by his lawyers - but the town will undergo a "fundamental transformation" shortly after that verdict is read.

And many large cities will follow suit.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Has it been said when the jury will deliberate?

Thanks

Not to my knowledge. They were still discussing evidence to allow and disallow today.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Google And Apple Remove A Game Called 'Angry Trayvon' From App Stores After Outrage

Tumblr/Google Play
    Angry Trayvon as it appeared in the Android app store.

Both Apple and Google allowed a game called "Angry Trayvon" into their respective smartphone app stores, but have since removed it following an uproar from users. The game was a simulation that gave you control over a character named hoodie-clad Trayvon who you take on a killing rampage around Brooklyn.
    Although the developers of the app denied it, the game is a clear allusion to the controversial death of Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman, the man charged with the Martin's murder, is currently undergoing trial.
    After the backlash, the game's developers promised to delete the app and its Facebook page. They also say they never intended the game to be racist:
    The people spoke out therefore this game was removed from the app stores. Sorry for the inconvenience as this was just an action game for entertainment. This was by no means a racist game. Nonetheless, it was removed as will this page and anything associated with the game will be removed.
    Still, we're taking that statement with a grain of salt. It's pretty clear that the developers wanted to rile people up with the Angry Trayvon. Looks like they succeeded.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Best article to date I've seen on this:

Today is Tuesday, July 09, 2013 RSS feed

Myths Exposed From the George Zimmerman / Treyvon Martin Trial

Published on Monday, July 08, 2013
    Tags:David Barrish|George Zimmerman|Racism|Self Defense|Stand your Ground
    By David Barrish
    Myth: Treyvon Martin was not a smiling preteen as depicted by most news media.

AmmoLand Gun News

New Jersey --(Ammoland.com)- There have been many myths encountered by individuals that are “following” the Zimmerman trial.

I put “following” in quotes for two reasons 1) that people claim to be watching the trial or in fact do and see the testimony and evidence provided in a completely different light and 2) they use this term in describing a portion of the events that took place on 2/26/12.

Another big issue with people “following” this trial is that most of the people that have become legal pundits are from out of state. Therefore, I will provide links to Florida law and the court system to SPECIFICALLY describe Florida legal requirements of the trial. This is important, because each state has its own classification of crimes in statutes, elements of crime that need to be proven, affirmative defenses and court procedures that have been either codified or rulings made in other cases.
    Also, please take note that I am not a lawyer nor a legal assistant. Any opinions given in this article are of my own. I would advise that you consult with an attorney to review my opinions and then act upon the recommendations of that attorney. I hereby release myself of all potential liability from the answers I will provide about the myths discussed in this article.
    MYTH #1 – It is against the law for a neighborhood watch member to be armed while on duty. ***FALSE***

ANSWER: There are no statutes or administrative code that governs neighborhood watch. The only Florida statutes that mention neighborhood watch specifically are:
    1. §843.16(2)(b) [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/0843.16 ] which governs radio equipment use.
    2. §30.06 [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/30.06 ] which provides authorization for the County Sheriff to form neighborhood watch programs within their jurisdiction.
    3. §166.0485 [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/166.0485 ] which provides authorization for municipalities to form neighborhood watch programs within their jurisdiction.
    4. §843.20 [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/843.20 ] which provides for relief if members of a neighborhood watch program are victims of harassment or other criminal acts against them for performing their duties.
    Nowhere in the above statutes listed in 1-4 does it mention anything about weapons or firearms and the prohibition of carrying for the purpose of lawful self-defense.
    5. §790.06(15) [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/790.06 ] which governs the statewide preemption of the regulation of concealed weapons and firearms. This is called the class W license or more commonly referred to as the concealed carry license.
    6. §790.33 [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/790.33 ] which governs the statewide preemption on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.
    7. §790.06(12)(a) [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/790.06 ] which governs the EXCLUSIONS to concealed carry.
    8. §790.25 [ http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/790.25] which governs the EXCEPTIONS to the open carry and conceal carry ban (except concealment on or about your person without a class W license).
    Again, nowhere in these statutes that I’ve listed in 5-8 mentions that concealed carry during the duty of a neighborhood crime watch volunteer is prohibited. Furthermore, these statutes specifically state that a neither the county, municipality nor any political subdivision of the state OTHER THAN the state legislature can FURTHER regulate concealed carry, possession and use of firearms!

Therefore, as the state’s witness for the Sanford PD (SPD) volunteer coordinator stated on the stand, and I paraphrase, “…When that topic [armed] comes up, which it does a lot, we do not even answer that question because it is not within our area of jurisdiction. We do preach not to confront the subjects or enter a suspicious scene. They [neighborhood watch volunteers] are our eyes and ears. … .”

MYTH #2 – When a non-emergency call taker, 911 operator or dispatch gives an instruction over the phone, you MUST follow that order. ***FALSE***
    ANSWER: Having been a 911 Operator for a sheriff’s office here in Florida, this statement is completely false!

The state’s witness 911 Operator even said on the stand, and I paraphrase, “…We always say that. … .” There is absolutely no statute or administrative code that stipulates that if an operator says something to you on the phone, you don’t follow it exactly or at all, then you will face criminal proceedings for not carrying out the order or instructions. The only time you have a potential criminal liability is if you do not follow and order or instruction if IN THE PRESENCE OF a law enforcement officer (LEO) directs you to assist him or comply with an order and you countermand said directive. Also, if you are following someone while on the phone with the police, you violate traffic laws and you are witnessed by the police in doing so, you will most likely get a ticket or worse depending upon the severity of the traffic infraction. These are just two examples as there are many more possibly scenarios. The distinction needs to be made that the criminal liability would occur when IN THE PRESENCE of a LEO and not based upon any instructions a police operator would give over the phone.

Now the exact phrase in question was:
    Operator: “Are you following him?”
    Zimmerman: “Yes.”
    Operator: “OK, we don’t need you to do that.”
    Zimmerman: “OK.”
    And immediately following that exchange, Zimmerman actually had already lost sight of Treyvon Martin and was starting the exchange of information with the operator about where to meet the responding LEO’s. At this time, Zimmerman was behind the two rows of townhomes at the now infamous ‘T’. This is substantiated by both Zimmerman’s interview by SPD and his video reenactment; both of which were proffered by the state.

MYTH #3 – Following someone is against the law. ***HALF TRUE***

ANSWER: While performing the duties of neighborhood crime watch, licensed private security, licensed private investigator, licensed private repossession or a concerned citizen that notices an out of ordinary event, following is NOT illegal. As a matter of fact, law enforcement encourages this by the consistent phrase of “We need the community to be our eyes and ears,” or, “Call Crime Stoppers with a tip.” Now this has an 1984-esque ring to it, but it underlies a critical component to, and specifically to this case, the main duties of the neighborhood crime watch program which is to observe and report.
    Here is the example that I alluded to in my opening remarks about “following”. Almost everyone is aware of the crime of stalking. All too often, supporters of Treyvon Martin state that George Zimmerman was “stalking” Treyvon Martin that night. Well, since this is a criminal proceeding, we do need to use the correct LEGAL terms in discussing the events that took place.
    Stalking is defined in §784.048 [http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/784.048 ] which states:
    (1) As used in this section:
    (a)“Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
    (b)“Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.
    (c) “Credible threat” means a verbal or nonverbal threat, or a combination of the two, including threats delivered by electronic communication or implied by a pattern of conduct, which places the person who is the target of the threat in reasonable fear for his or her safety or the safety of his or her family members or individuals closely associated with the person, and which is made with the apparent ability to carry out the threat to cause such harm. It is not necessary to prove that the person making the threat had the intent to actually carry out the threat. The present incarceration of the person making the threat is not a bar to prosecution under this section.
    (2)A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    Now to prove stalking in a court of law, the state must prove the following element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant “willfully, maliciously and REPEATEDLY followed, harassed or cyberstalked the victim.” [http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/j...8/p2c8s8.6.rtf ]
    Now, listening to the 911 Operator’s testimony, the SPD volunteer coordinator testimony and the 911 recording, all either exhibit or has been confirmed that George Zimmerman was professional in his conduct as a neighborhood crime watch volunteer during his tenure and his calm demeanor on the phone on the night of 2/26/12. That it would be extremely difficult to near impossible for the state to prove that Zimmerman was willful and maliciously harassing Treyvon Martin; especially since it was a SINGLE event. Therefore, when folks consistently use the term “stalking” in describing Zimmerman’s actions in this case, under Florida law, they would be 100% INCORRECT.

MYTH #4 – The interchanging of terms: “Self-Defense”, “Stand Your Ground” and “Castle Doctrine”.
    ANSWER: These terms are NOT interchangeable. They are very specific terms based upon the specific scenarios. All of this is defined specifically in Chapter 776 of Florida Statutes. [ http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/Chapter776 ]

“Stand Your Ground”: (SYG): Self-defense is a component of SYG. Prior to 2005, if a self-defense scenario presented itself where deadly force was being used against a victim, the victim had a duty to retreat FIRST if that option was available before meeting with like kind deadly force in the protection of self or another. When SYG was instituted, it removed the duty to retreat and you could meet force with force; both less-than-lethal and deadly force.

“Castle Doctrine”: This law provides for the presumption that someone attempting to gain entry to your OCCUPIED home (a type of dwelling) is going to cause great bodily harm or possible death. This states that the use of deadly force is AUTOMATICALLY authorized in the defense of your OCCUPIED home. This law was also extended to your private conveyance (car).

“Self-Defense”: Is an act by a victim to reciprocate with necessary and proportional force in the defense of self, another or property. As it relates to property, you can only use force to protect property that which is yours or have been given authorization from the property owner to protect on their behalf.
    “Deadly Force”: The use of deadly force is authorized if the victim believes that he or she is in imminent fear of great bodily harm or possible death.
    Self-Defense, or the legal term of justified homicide, is proven according to these jury instructions: [ http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/j...8/p2c7s7.7.rtf ]

“The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if necessarily done while resisting an attempt to murder or commit a felony upon the defendant, or to commit a felony in any dwelling house in which the defendant was at the time of the killing. § 782.02, Fla. Stat”
    We will soon discuss the elements of the crimes 2nd Degree (Depraved) Murder and the automatic lesser charge of Manslaughter. The term “justified homicide” is defined in the jury instructions of Manslaughter which has already been cited above.

MYTH #5 – “It isn’t self-defense if you shoot an unarmed kid!” ***HALF TRUE***
    ANSWER: As stated in the answer to Myth #4, in order for the use of deadly force to be justified, the victim needs to believe that he or she is in imminent fear of great bodily harm or possible death. Also, from the jury instructions for manslaughter, “The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if necessarily done while resisting an attempt to murder or commit a felony upon the defendant, or to commit a felony in any dwelling house in which the defendant was at the time of the killing. § 782.02, Fla. Stat.”

Nowhere in these statutory and jury instruction definitions of deadly force does it mention the following:

• Age of victim
    • Height difference of victim
    • Weight difference of victim
    • Number of victims
    • Armed or Unarmed
    • Injuries sustained in attack

The ONLY requirement that needs to be present for the justified use of deadly force is that the victim has BELIEF of an IMMINENT FEAR of great bodily harm or possible death. For the specifics of this case, I would posit that the repeated “…throwing down MMA style…” to Mr. Zimmerman’s front and sides of his head while the exact opposite side of the blow was smashing into the concrete sidewalk could culminate the thought in Mr. Zimmerman’s mind that he was in imminent fear of great bodily harm and if the blows continued without intervention that he could face even more serious and possibly deadly consequences, coupled with the so far irrefutable evidence presented by the state that Mr. Zimmerman claims Mr. Martin said to him “You gonna die tonight,” would justify the use of deadly force in the protection of self.

MYTH #6 – George Zimmerman confronted Treyvon Martin. Therefore he is not protected from the self-defense claim. ***HALF TRUE***

ANSWER: Let’s say for argument sake that Mr. Zimmerman COMMITTED a crime in the confrontation of Mr. Martin. If Mr. Zimmerman never retreated from the scenario or the crime that was committed was a forcible felony, then this myth would be TRUE that Mr. Zimmerman could not claim self-defense and therefore could not claim justified use of deadly force. However, for sake of this argument, if Mr. Zimmerman’s initial crime that started the confrontation was NOT a forcible felony, he retreated from the initial confrontation AND then Mr. Martin pursued Mr. Zimmerman in a physical confrontation, then this myth would be FALSE. This is defined in the Florida statute, §776.041 Use of Force by Aggressor. [ http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/776.041 ]

Now, lets talk about the specifics of the case! With all the 911 calls during the incident by the residents, the calls by Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Martin with DeeDee and the given timeline of events, there has been absolutely no evidence proffered by the state to suggest that Mr. Zimmerman committed a forcible felony and didn’t retreat from the initial confrontation to negate his ability to claim self-defense and the justified use of deadly force. Actually, by DeeDee’s account of the phone call with Mr. Martin leading up to the incident, there is more evidence to suggest that Mr. Martin actually initiated two confrontations. One when he walked around Mr. Zimmerman’s vehicle and two when he said, “Why you following me?” Therefore this myth concerning the case is FALSE.

MYTH #7 – It was Treyvon Martin screaming for help. Therefore, it is not justified homicide (self-defense). ***FALSE***

ANSWER: The myth of the person screaming leading to a conclusion of who is in the right is a red herring logical fallacy!

• Scenario #1 – Mr. Zimmerman is screaming because he is getting viciously attacked by Mr. Martin and is trying to draw as much attention to the incident as possible. This is plausible because the injuries Mr. Zimmerman suffered in the altercation are present and can be explained. And the injuries sustained have been corroborated by several state witnesses that testified that Mr. Martin was on top and he was “throwing down MMA style”. Also, the fact that multiple neighbors in the vicinity of the altercation called 911 confirms that by yelling “HELP!” as loud as he can did in fact bring attention to the incident.
    • Scenario #2 – During the altercation, Mr. Martin realized that Mr. Zimmerman was going for his lawfully carried firearm. It is plausible that Mr. Zimmerman drew his weapon and in the same instance Mr. Martin was trying to hold back Mr. Zimmerman from aiming the firearm and firing his weapon in self-defense by yelling, “HELP!”

In both scenarios you have one of the parties yelling, “HELP!” while the constant is Mr. Zimmerman is the victim and Mr. Martin is the aggressor. Therefore this myth is FALSE.

MYTH #8 – There is no DNA from Mr. Zimmerman on Mr. Martin’s hands. There is no DNA on the gun from Mr. Martin. Therefore, the account of the altercation is inconsistent which means Mr. Zimmerman lied. Therefore, Mr. Zimmerman’s claim to self-defense is invalid. ***FALSE***

ANSWER: The state’s final witness, the medical examiner (ME), was absolutely horrible in his presentation of the autopsy report as well as the procedures used in the autopsy. The ME stated on the stand that it is NOT routine to take swabs for DNA on the deceased unless specified.

First, it was raining the night of the incident. Any trace evidence on both Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Martin is plausible to have been washed away either in part or whole.
    Secondly, the claim that “There wasn’t any of Mr. Zimmerman’s DNA under the fingernails of Mr. Martin,” would confirm that since it cannot be denied a physical altercation DID take place, witnesses placed Mr. Martin on top of Mr. Zimmerman and witnesses stated that Mr. Martin was “throwing down MMA style” that when you punch someone, you do not punch with fingernails but rather with a clenched fist. It would be highly unlikely for the person you are striking to get DNA under the fingernails with a clenched fist. The only plausible scenario would be the victim’s blood from the site in which the aggressor was punching.

Additionally, it would be more consistent that a victim of a brutal attack would have defensive wounds trying to ward off an attack. Most commonly one would find DNA under the fingernails of the victim which would belong to the aggressor. However, in this instance, Mr. Zimmerman had a lawfully concealed firearm and it is presumed that he had an imminent fear of great bodily harm or possible death. Therefore it is plausible that instead of the traditional defensive wounds and wounding to the aggressor, Mr. Zimmerman concentrated his efforts in drawing his firearm to defend himself. Mr. Martin might not have noticed this right away for tunnel vision is very common in fight scenarios as well as the expectation of the victim physically fighting back by the aggressor might have fooled Mr. Martin that Mr. Zimmerman was just taking the beating without fighting back.

So to claim that Mr. Zimmerman’s DNA was not found on Mr. Martin’s hands that leads to the conclusion that the events of the physical altercation are false is FALSE.
    The claim that there was no trace DNA found on the gun or the holster therefore Mr. Martin didn’t reach for or touch the gun or holster is also FALSE. Two state’s witnesses, the CSI and the DNA lab technician both on cross examination stated that touch DNA may not be present even if someone touched an object. Then throw in the environmental conditions of rain and the storing of the evidence in plastic exacerbates the probability of finding no touch DNA evidence! Therefore, because no touch DNA was found does not lead to the conclusion that Mr. Martin didn’t reach for or touch the gun or holster. This myth is FALSE too.
    Next, I will point you to the legal requirements that the state must prove BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT:
    2nd Degree (Depraved) Murder: [ http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/j...8/p2c7s7.4.rtf ]
    With this charge, there is also an automatic lesser charge of Manslaughter which can be found at: [ http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/j...8/p2c7s7.7.rtf ]
    Both require that the victim is dead (as used in the jury instruction terms, Mr. Martin is the victim and Mr. Zimmerman is the defendant).

2nd Degree (Depraved) Murder must also prove two additional elements of the crime:

• The death was caused by the criminal act of (defendant).
    • There was an unlawful killing of (victim) by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life.

And these are the terms defined for use in these jury instructions:

An “act” includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

An act is “imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind” if it is an act or series of acts that:

• a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and;
    • is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.

And if the state cannot prove its case for 2nd Degree (Depraved) Murder, then they must prove their case for Manslaughter as the lesser charge, otherwise Mr. Zimmerman is either acquitted due to justified homicide or found not guilty on both charges.

The additional requirements for Manslaughter are:

Give 2a, 2b, or 2c depending upon allegations and proof.
    2. a. (Defendant) intentionally committed an act or acts that caused the death of (victim).
    b. (Defendant) intentionally procured an act that caused the death of (victim).
    c. The death of (victim) was caused by the culpable negligence of (defendant).
    Now, 2a and 2c are applicable to this case because 2b defines “procure”: to persuade, induce, prevail upon or cause a person to do something. This definition makes no sense in the context of this case.

Now 2a is only proves a conviction of manslaughter by act, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had an intent to cause death, only an intent to commit an act that was not merely negligent, justified, or excusable and which caused death. So, this means that Mr. Zimmerman had to have the INTENT to cause harm to Mr. Martin through his acts. The state did not proffer any evidence that Mr. Zimmerman had the intent to cause harm to Mr. Martin through his acts.

Now 2c is only proves a conviction of manslaughter when Culpable negligence is a course of conduct showing reckless disregard of human life, or of the safety of persons exposed to its dangerous effects, or such an entire want of care as to raise a presumption of a conscious indifference to consequences, or which shows wantonness or recklessness, or a grossly careless disregard for the safety and welfare of the public, or such an indifference to the rights of others as is equivalent to an intentional violation of such rights.

The negligent act or omission must have been committed with an utter disregard for the safety of others. Culpable negligence is consciously doing an act or following a course of conduct that the defendant must have known, or reasonably should have known, was likely to cause death or great bodily injury.

Mr. Zimmerman in following (the act) Mr. Martin could not have reasonably foreseen that through this act of following Mr. Martin would have lead to Mr. Martin’s death. Therefore, 2c cannot be proven nor has it been proven by the state.

In conclusion:

• The state did not disprove that Mr. Martin was not on top during the physical altercation.
    • The state did not prove that Mr. Zimmerman initiated the physical altercation.
    • The state did not prove that Mr. Zimmerman was also landing punches, kicks or other hand-to-hand combat blows.
    • The state did not prove that the injuries to Mr. Zimmerman’s head were caused by something else other than Mr. Martin’s punches and smashing on the concrete sidewalk.
    • The state did prove that the shot was fired at intermediate range (0.4″ to 4′).
    • The state did prove through DeeDee’s phone call account leading up to the altercation that Mr. Martin confronted Mr. Zimmerman verbally with, “Why you following me?”. This was then followed up in her testimony that she heard a scuffle shortly thereafter which she speculated was a fight.
    • The state did prove through DeeDee’s testimony that Mr. Martin called Mr. Zimmerman a “ni***r” and “creepy ass cracker”.
    • The state did prove through Mr. Zimmerman’s 911 call that he did not once use an epithet against Mr. Martin. Other than the statements made to DeeDee by Mr. Martin, by all accounts, the state either confirmed or could not refute Mr. Zimmerman’s account of that night which doesn’t even come close to proving ANY of the elements of both charges.

I predict a verdict of not guilty on both counts.
    About Fred Brownbill
    Fred Brownbill was born and raised in Rhodesia in 1955 before moving to South Africa in 1970 where he continued his education graduating from Christian Brothers College in 1973. He then returned to Rhodesia and fought on active service attached to a special anti-terrorist unit for seven years in that Country’s terrorist war before taking the very good advice of others and leaving when Independence was announced and a Marxist Government under Robert Mugabe took over. Fred was Stateless and very unsettled and from 1980 travelled around much of the world on motorcycles while maintaining a residence in England for 14 years. He managed the largest motorcycle retail company in Europe during this period, and continued his travels as often as possible. Fred has raced motorcycles both as a drag racer and road racer, competing in Southern Africa and England . He immigrated to the United States in October of 1994, becoming a proud and legal U.S. citizen in 2003. Today, Fred works as a Deputy Sheriff in Florida. He is the President of the Save America Foundation. He is also a member of Oath Keepers and various other local and national Conservative Patriotic groups. He is active as a public speaker at different groups and locations. He has been interviewed on various different national radio and live internet radio and TV programs. His writings are published in many places and read and followed by tens of thousands of people in the States and abroad, and his message of freedom and liberty is an International message that gives hope to all those seeking freedom. He is married to Marty, an advisor to the Board of the SAF, and they have 2 daughters, one in California and the other in Florida. Both he and Marty are still each riding motorcycles, doing thousands of miles a year, and take as many trips both in the States and abroad when they can.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/07/myth...#ixzz2YZmlrpn9
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Doctor details how Martin bled to death

By Amanda Sloane and Graham Winch
    updated 2:55 PM EDT, Tue July 09, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• HLN is covering the George Zimmerman trial live, gavel to gavel
    • Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012

Scroll down for the live blog of the George Zimmerman trial.

A forensic pathologist testified for the defense in the George Zimmerman trial Tuesday, describing Trayvon Martin's traumatic last moments alive as he bled to death in the grass after being shot at close range.

"If he was involved in a struggle you expect his heart to be going, beating -- especially after he had been shot -- more than a 100 times a minute," said Dr. Vincent Di Maio, adding that the way Martin died supports Zimmerman’s version of the shooting.

"You are losing 1,500 cc [cubic centimeters] in a minute. That's about a quarter of his blood supply. In a second minute, if you can assume the same rate. Actually the heart would probably be beating faster for the second minute. He is going to lose another 1,500. Well that means he has lost more than 50% of his blood supply."

Zimmerman, who’s on trial for second-degree murder in Martin’s death, appeared to be paying close attention during the testimony. Tracy Martin, the victim’s father, was in attendance but didn’t show much emotion as he heard the details of how his son may have died. Trayvon Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, was not in attendance.

Di Maio said, given that the entry point of the bullet was a “contact wound” -- meaning at close range -- Trayvon Martin never had a chance. "In this case you have a through-and-through hole of the right ventricle, and then you have at least one hole if not two into the right lung. So you are losing blood, and every time the heart contracts, it pumps blood out the two holes in the ventricle and at least one hole in the lung."

Di Maio also said Martin's gunshot wound indicates the gun was up against the teen’s clothing, about 2 to 4 inches away from the skin. He also said the weight of the canned drink in Martin's hoodie pocket may have been pulling his clothing away from his body by a few inches if Martin was on top of Zimmerman, as the former neighborhood watch captain has claimed.

In any event, "He is going to be dead between 1 and 3 minutes after being shot," said Di Maio.

Seventeen-year-old Martin had been walking through the Retreat at Twin Lakes -- the gated community in Sanford, Florida, where Zimmerman lived -- on Feb. 26, 2012, when the two got into a physical altercation. Zimmerman told the police he shot Martin in self-defense while holding the gun in his right hand at point-blank range. He said the teenager was on top of him at the time. Di Maio said the medical evidence is consistent with how Zimmerman has described shooting the teenager.

Di Maio explained to the jury Tuesday that Martin may have lost consciousness between 10 and 15 seconds after being shot, and may have been able to talk or make voluntary movement during those last seconds. This appears to support Zimmerman's claim that Martin said, "You got me," after being shot.

Before testimony began Tuesday, Judge Debra Nelson held a hearing on the admissibility of a 3D animation – commissioned by the defense -- of the altercation between Zimmerman and Martin.

Animator Daniel Schumaker, testifying outside of the presence of the jury, said that he uses crime scene evidence and the same motion capture technology used in movies like “Iron Man” to design his digital re-creations of alleged crimes.

The hearing on the animation will resume at the end of testimony Tuesday.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

George Zimmerman: 'Dr. D' earns raves

By Hal Boedeker Staff writer 1:45 p.m. EDT, July 9, 2013

Dr. Vincent Di Maio, a witness for the defense, testifies at the George Zimmerman trial. (Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel / July 9, 2013)

You know Dr. G, and now you know Dr. D.

Dr. Vincent Di Maio, an expert forensic pathologist, won raves for his testimony Tuesday at the George Zimmerman trial. He was dynamic and smart.
    CNN's Ashleigh Banfield swooned over Di Maio's "unbelievable, remarkable testimony" -- she didn't mean he was unbelievable, but that he was so masterful. She praised his "folksy manner" and said he was "a real get" for the defense.

She wasn't alone in her admiration.

WESH-Channel 2 legal analyst Jeff Deen said Di Maio's testimony is easy to understand and that jurors go with what they understand. The jurors couldn't understand medical examiner Shiping Bao, a state witness, Deen said. Di Maio "did a great job," Deen said.

Fellow WESH analyst Alisia Adamson said Di Maio explained that Zimmerman's injuries could be life-threatening and those insights could be very damaging to state's case.
    Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

WOFL-Channel 35 legal analyst Diana Tennis praised Di Maio's credible style and comfort in giving opinions -- another difference from Bao. Di Maio clarified what the defense was saying about the positioning of Zimmerman and Trayvon when the teen was shot, Tennis said. "This was a very good witness for the defense," Tennis said.

WKMG-Channel 6's Tony Pipitone said Di Maio gave "a very scientific account" and the jurors were paying a lot of attention and taking a lot of notes. Di Maio had a "commanding, authoritative presence," Pipitone said. Di Maio couldn't be more different from Bao, Pipitone added.

Michael Knox, a forensic consultant working for WKMG, said Di Maio came in and told a story that tied everything together -- something the state hadn't done.
    WKMG legal analyst Luis Calderon said Di Maio gave testimony that lined up with Zimmerman's account of the deadly encounter with Trayvon.

"The science tells it all," legal analyst Mark NeJame said on CNN. NeJame highlighted that Di Maio was saying Trayvon was leaning atop Zimmerman and the shooting couldn't have happened any other way.

Danny Cevallos, also on CNN, said the defense can shop for the best medical examiner. "They got bang for their buck," he said.
    What did you think?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's like Zimmerman's lawyers read here and listen to our opinions..... I know we've said Zimmerman won't be safe.

July 8th, 2013
    09:42 PM ET
    Mark O'Mara on George Zimmerman: "My client will never be safe"

As the George Zimmerman trial moves into its third week, on Monday evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited Mark O'Mara to offer his insight and perspective on the proceedings, as part of a primetime, exclusive interview.

The man tasked with representing the defendant, O'Mara told Piers Morgan that regardless of the case's outcome, Zimmerman will forever be looking over his shoulder:

"First of all, my client will never be safe, because there are a percentage of the population who are angry, they're upset, and they may well take it out on him," said the guest. "So, he'll never be safe."

However, O'Mara stands behind the sanctity and virtue of the country's legal system, hoping only that when the case is over, society can took solace in knowing the verdict comes as the result of honest and forthright litigation:

"Anybody who pays attention to the facts of this case, listens to the evidence, will not leave that courtroom thinking that George Zimmerman is guilty of anything. And, if a jury agrees, they should not and can not be frustrated with the outcome because the State's put on a good case, we put on a good case, everything that should get out to this jury has been out," O'Mara told the host. "If they decide on the facts of the case, we as a society – Black, White, everybody – need to look at this case and say justice was in fact accomplished here, because a fair trial was held."

Watch the clip for more of Morgan's interview with the man who's been representing Zimmerman for nearly 15 months, and for the next edition of "Piers Morgan Live," watch CNN every night at 9.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

State seeks to halt animated re-enactment of Trayvon shooting

By Barbara Liston
    SANFORD, Fla., July 8 | Mon Jul 8, 2013 11:15am EDT

(Reuters) - Prosecutors asked a Florida judge on Monday to block the jury in the George Zimmerman trial from seeing an animated re-enactment of the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, saying the video distorts the events of that fatal encounter.

Defense lawyers want to show the video to the six-woman jury that will decide the fate of Zimmerman, who is charged with second-degree murder and has pleaded not guilty, saying he shot Martin in self-defense.

State prosecutors argued that the video fails to show the Kel Tec 9mm pistol that Zimmerman, 29, a white and Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer, used to shoot Martin, 17, once through the heart.

Prosecutors also objected because they said the animation video shows details of the fatal struggle based on the animator's "approximations," including the number of blows during the fight and how each body reacts to those blows.

The video also relies upon some witness statements to police that were later changed; it shows Martin as left-handed when his mother testified he was right-handed; and prosecutors complained they received the animation too late, on June 21, the Friday before testimony began on June 24, they argued in their motion.

Seminole County Judge Debra Nelson had yet to rule on whether the jury could see the animated re-enactment of the events in the central Florida town of Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012.

Testimony in the trial that has been televised live on cable networks and the internet was expected to conclude this week as the defense presented its case.

Four defense witnesses on Monday testified they recognized Zimmerman's voice screaming for help in the background of a 911 emergency call placed by a neighbor during the struggle between Zimmerman and Martin. Those screams stopped once the gun fires.

The case could turn on who the jury believes was calling for help.

On Friday the mothers of both Martin and Zimmerman told jury they recognized the screams for help as coming from their respective sons.
    On Monday it was four friends of Zimmerman who testified that they recognized the voice as Zimmerman's. Two of them were Mark and Sondra Osterman, a husband and wife who wrote a book about Zimmerman and agreed to donate the proceeds to their friend.

"Yes, definitely, it's Georgie," Sondra Osterman said.

"I thought it was George," Mark Osterman said later. "It just sounded like George."

Osterman, a Federal Air Marshal and longtime law-enforcement officer, also told the jury he advised Zimmerman to buy the Kel Tech 9mm and helped train him to use it at the shooting range.

Police initially declined to arrest Zimmerman, believing his claim of self-defense. That ignited protests and cries of racial injustice in Sanford and major cities across the United States, as the case came to reflect what many saw as unequal treatment of African Americans before the law.

A special prosecutor later brought the charge of second-degree murder, after Zimmerman walked free following the killing for 45 days. (EdIting by Daniel Trotta and Andrew Hay)

And

Florida Breaking News: Ruling on Trayvon Martin Shooting Reconstruction Deferred
    July 9th, 2013 - 0 comments - Filed Under - by admin
    Tweet

A Florida judge deferred a ruling on whether jurors in George Zimmerman’s murder trial should see a digital reconstruction of his shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.

“Florida Breaking News: Ruling on Trayvon Martin Shooting Reconstruction Deferred” is categorized as “world”. This video was licensed from Grab Networks. For additional video content, click the “video” tab at the top of this page.
    Last edited by American Patriot; July 9th, 2013 at 19:05.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information