Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting

Man Beaten By Mob, In Critical Condition

Matthew Owens lying in the ICU at USA Medical Center.

By: WKRG Staff | WKRG
    Published: April 23, 2012
    » 1125 Comments | Post a Comment

MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he's in critical condition.

According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.

Police tell News 5 the suspects used chairs, pipes and paint cans to beat Owens.

Owens' sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. "It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed." Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using "brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on."

Police will only say "multiple people" are involved.

What Parker says happened next could make the fallout from the brutal beating even worse. As the attackers walked away, leaving Owen bleeding on the ground, Parker says one of them said "Now thats justice for Trayvon." Trayvon Martin is the unarmed teenager police say was shot and killed February 26 by neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman in Samford, Florida.

Police canvassed the area, but did not find any suspects. They're asking anyone with information to call them at 251-208-7211, Crime Stoppers at 251-208-7000, or text a tip to 274637 and include the keyword CRIME 411.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Delmar Attack Over Possible Racial Slurs

(MOBILE, Ala.) - A man is in critical condition after being attacked by several people.

A witness who wants to remain anonymous describes what he says he heard at his front door Saturday night, on Delmar Drive. "I just kept hearing him screaming, 'Man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, man don't do this,' " he recalls.

On the other side of that door was Matthew Owen, who, police and neighbors say, was being beaten by a group of people. The weapons? Bricks, bats, even a paint can.

At first, when he heard his friend at the door, the man thought it was a joke. "Then I saw about 10 to 15 people from little kids and women with dresses to adult men, just flooding onto the property, surrounding the car, hollering and screaming," he says. "And then I heard Matthew saying, ' I'm sorry, man, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.' And then, the next thing, before I could get to the door, because we have it all deadbolted and everything, and before I could get it open, I heard all the beating and banging."

Even family and friends of Matthew Owens admit there was some tension on this street before Saturday night's event. And they say a lot of this has to do with basketball. Relatives of the victim, who live on the street, say local kids often block Delmar Drive when they play basketball. They say it's lead to some confrontations. Racial comments from both sides may have made the confrontations more toxic.

It all bubbled over Saturday night, putting Owens in critical condition with severe head wounds.

Now police are looking for those involved in the beating.

Meanwhile, the incident has left some who live on this street troubled and nervous including Owens' friend. "Oh, my God" he says. "He was laying on the ground full of blood. I mean, it was horrible. His head, everything. Blood was pouring from his head, both sides. And his whole body was drenched in blood."

Mobile Police are encouraging anyone who knows the identity of the attackers to contact Crimestoppers.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Black Mob beats White man unconscious on his front porch - "Now that's justice for Trayvon"

"I seen all these people just rushing. It was like I seen at least 15, children, women, men. It was horrible..."

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - An attack leaves a man in critical condition, and police investigating possible arrests. It happened Saturday night, and allegedly started with kids playing basketball.

"What we initially have been able to tell from the investigation is that our victim was fussing at some kids for playing basketball on the street. What we believe happened is the kids left and told someone that he was fussing about them playing basketball," said Cpl. Chris Levy with Mobile Police.

That's when police said an unknown number of people came back and attacked Owens on the front porch of the house where he was staying. Owens' friend was inside the home and heard the attack while it was happening. He said he looked out the window to see what was going on.

'"I seen all these people just rushing. It was like I seen at least 15 children, women, men. It was horrible before I could. I was paralyzed," said the man who did not want to be identified.

He said it was a horrific scene.

"They busted his head open, he got staples and everything. I sat there and held him trying to get him to stop bleeding," said the friend.

Police said Owens was beaten with several different objects including paint cans. No arrests have been made at this time.

It is still unclear what Owens said during the dispute. Police want anyone with information about this incident to please call them.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like they "hunted him down like a dog."

Thanks

Yep...

At the Freeper they're keeping score:

Been keeping this, feel free to swipe and modify:

March 04, 2012 Kansas City KS, Teens set kid on fire for being 'white boy'

Mar 24, 2012 St. Louis MO, St. Louis man recovering after unprovoked attack in Tower Grove -- Kruchowski

March 26, 2012 Pittsburg PA, Attack Victims May Have Been Targets Of 'Point 'Em Out, Knock 'Em Out'

Mar. 27 2012 St. Louis MO, Pete Kruchowski Was Not A Knockout Game Victim, According to Police -- Kruchowski

March 29, 2012 Seneca SC, 6 men charged in Seneca beating; hate crime possible

Apr 1, 2012 Palmdale CA, Seven black California teens charged with beating Hispanic youth

April 2, 2012 St. Louis MO, Police investigating mob attack in downtown St. Louis -- 15 on 3

April 05, 2012 East Toledo OH, Trayvon Martin case looms over beating of 78-year-old Ohio man -- Dallas Watt

Apr 5, 2012 Minneapolis MI, Victim describes 'flash mob' attack in downtown Mpls. -- Matthew Collie

April 7, 2012 Sanford FL, Was racial hatred the motive in the Sanford hammer beating?

April 10, 2012 Gainsville FL, Gainesville beating case drawing national attention -- 27 year old drunk

April 12, 2012 Grand Rapids MI, Hate crime victim describes racially motivated mob attack in Grand Rapids -- 5 on 1, beaten w/chains, letter to authorities

April 12, 2012 Gainsville FL, 'Trayvon' shouted as group attacks Good Samaritan -- purse snatch

Apr 15, 2012, Baltimore MD, BPD Arrests St. Patrick's Day Assault Suspect Cellphone Video Shows Man Beaten, Stripped, Robbed

April 18, 2012 New York NY, Brutal slaying of teen in Melrose Houses, second murder in nabe in two days, has residents in fear

April 20, 2012 Maywood IL, Suspect: I Beat Up White Man Because I Am Mad About Trayvon Martin Case

April 24, 2012 Mobile AL, Man Beaten By Mob, In Critical Condition

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2875674/posts?page=175#175

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Awesome! That's very convenient.

Thanks

Great list Vector. I will probably steal it ;0

As far as the cartoon with the dork in chief, I would have rather seen it captioned with "Uh oh, lightning, I guess we're gonna need a new president"
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Beating Of Alabama Man Not Seen As Hate Crime, Despite Claim 'Trayvon' Invoked
    April 24, 2012

A racially charged beating of a white Alabama man by a throng of African-Americans is not being investigated as a hate crime, despite one witness' claim that she heard an assailant exclaim: "Now that's justice for Trayvon."

Matthew Owens, of Mobile, Ala., was assaulted with baseball bats, paint cans and other weapons at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday after telling a group of children to stop playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive, according to Ashley Rains, public information officer for the Mobile Police Department.

After the children left the area, a group of adults armed with weapons returned and confronted Owens, 40, in his front yard, where he was assaulted. Owens' sister, Ashley Parker, told WKRG she witnessed the attack and that there were as many as 20 assailants. Parker said she overheard one of them say, "Now that's justice for Trayvon."

Asked if the incident was being investigated as a hate crime, Rains replied: "No, it's not. It's being investigated as an assault." Eugene A. Seidel, first assistant U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, declined to comment on the case when reached by FoxNews.com.

"Our policy is not to comment one way or another about cases," Seidel said when asked if his office has inquired about the incident. "All I can say is no comment."

The incident occurred in a middle-class neighborhood in Mobile, on a street where residents have often been at odds with teens who block the roadway to play pickup basketball, WKRG reported. Owens has a criminal record that includes arrests for domestic assault, driving under the influence and public intoxication.

Trayvon Martin, 17, is the unarmed teenager who was fatally shot Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla. George Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder in Martin's death, went into hiding Monday as he awaits trial. Emotions ran high as six weeks passed before Zimmerman was charged, leading many African-American community leaders to decry what they perceived as racism in the justice system.

Rains said Parker's statement could not be independently corroborated as of Tuesday. Attempts to reach Parker -- who reportedly characterized the assault as the "scariest thing" she ever witnessed -- were unsuccessful.

"We have not been able to find any other witness that can back that statement up," Rains told FoxNews.com. "It's unknown right now if that was said."

Owens, who regained consciousness early Tuesday, remains in serious condition at the University of South Alabama Medical Center, Rains said.

It remains unclear how many people participated in the assault, but Rains said it involved multiple assailants. The relationship -- if any -- between the children and the alleged perpetrators is also unclear, Rains said.

"We've spoken to the victim and we're doing our best to put together a suspect list and identify any suspects that were in the assault," she said.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Mobile Police Department at (251) 208-7211.

Thanks

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Oh brother. This is going to get worse as I said, before it gets better or goes away.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: America will face Riots, Marches, and Revolution

Norfolk, VA - A Beating At Church And Brambleton
    May 1, 2012

Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim.

The victim's friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location.

Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton.

It happened four blocks from where they work, here at The Virginian-Pilot.

Two weeks have passed since reporters Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami - friends to me and many others at the newspaper - were attacked on a Saturday night as they drove home from a show at the Attucks Theatre. They had stopped at a red light, in a crowd of at least 100 young people walking on the sidewalk. Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that's when the beating began.

Neither suffered grave injuries, but both were out of work for a week. Forster's torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head. Rostami fears to be alone in her home. Forster wishes he'd stayed in the car.

Many stories that begin this way end much worse. Another colleague recently wrote about the final defendant to be sentenced in the beating death of 19-year-old James Robertson in East Ocean View five years ago. In that case, a swarm of gang members attacked Robertson and two friends. Robertson's friends got away and called for help; police arrived to find Robertson's stripped, swollen corpse.

Forster and Rostami's story has not, until today, appeared in this paper. The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack. A reporter making routine checks of police reports would see "simple assault" and, if the names were unfamiliar, would be unlikely to write about it. In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?

More questions loomed.

Forster and Rostami wondered if the officer who answered their call treated all crime victims the same way. When Rostami, who admits she was hysterical, tried to describe what had happened, she says the officer told her to shut up and get in the car. Both said the officer did not record any names of witnesses who stopped to help. Rostami said the officer told them the attackers were "probably juveniles anyway. What are we going to do? Find their parents and tell them?"

The officer pointed to public housing in the area and said large groups of teenagers look for trouble on the weekends. "It's what they do," he told Forster.

Could that be true? Could violent mobs of teens be so commonplace in Norfolk that police and victims have no recourse?

Police spokesman Chris Amos said officers often respond to reports of crowds fighting; sirens are usually enough to disperse the group. On that night, he said, a report of gunfire in a nearby neighborhood prompted the officer to decide getting Forster and Rostami off the street quickly made more sense than remaining at the intersection. The officer gave them his card and told them to call later to file a report.

The next day, Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack.

One post chilled him.

"I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light," wrote one person.

"I don't," wrote another, indicating laughter. "(do it for trayvon martin)"

Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen, died after being shot by a community watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Florida.

Forster and Rostami, both white, suffered a beating at the hands of a crowd of black teenagers.

Was either case racially motivated? Were Forster and Rostami beaten in some kind of warped, vigilante retribution for a killing 750 miles away, a person none of them knew? Was it just bombast? Is a beating funny, ever?

Here's why their story is in the paper today. We cannot allow such callousness to continue unremarked, from the irrational, senseless teenagers who attacked two people just trying to go home, from the police officer whose conduct may have been typical but certainly seems cold, from the tweeting nitwits who think beating a man in Norfolk will change the death of Trayvon Martin.

How can we change it if we don't know about it? How can we make it better if we look away?

Are we really no better than this?

Thanks

Not to make light of the issue, but I am afraid I need coffee. I read that headline as:

"Beating at the Church of Bedlam"....

and I was thinking "So?"

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Different article, same black on white crime in the name of "justice".

0-----------------
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/100-black...k/?cat_orig=us

Many blacks beat white couple, media bury attack
    'That is sad and disgusting. Someone should be fired or resign'
    Published: 12 hours ago
    author-image by Joe KovacsEmail | Archive

Joe Kovacs, author of the forthcoming book (out July 17), "The Divine Secret: The Awesome and Untold Truth About Your Phenomenal Destiny", as well as the No. 1 best-seller "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told," is executive news editor for WND.More ↓
    rss feed Subscribe to author feed

There’s outrage in Norfolk, Va., today after a white couple was attacked by dozens of black teenagers, and the local newspaper did not report on the incident for two weeks, despite the victims being reporters for the paper.

Even today, the Virginian-Pilot did not cover the crime as news, but rather as an opinion piece by columnist Michelle Washington.

“Wave after wave of young men surged forward to take turns punching and kicking their victim,” Washington wrote, describing the onslaught that began when Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami stopped at a traffic light while driving home from a show on a Saturday night. A crowd of at least 100 black young people was on the sidewalk at the time.

“Rostami locked her car door. Someone threw a rock at her window. Forster got out to confront the rock-thrower, and that’s when the beating began. …

“The victim’s friend, a young woman, tried to pull him back into his car. Attackers came after her, pulling her hair, punching her head and causing a bloody scratch to the surface of her eye. She called 911. A recording told her all lines were busy. She called again. Busy. On her third try, she got through and, hysterical, could scream only their location. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. Church and Brambleton. It happened four blocks from where they work, here at the Virginian-Pilot.”

Washington says neither suffered grave injuries, but both were out of work for a week. Forster’s torso ached from blows to his ribs, and he retained a thumb-sized bump on his head. Rostami reportedly fears to be alone in her home., while Forster wishes he’d stayed in the car.

The columnist admits the story has not, until today, appeared in the Virginian-Pilot.

“The responding officer coded the incident as a simple assault, despite their assertions that at least 30 people had participated in the attack,” Washington explains. “A reporter making routine checks of police reports would see ‘simple assault’ and, if the names were unfamiliar, would be unlikely to write about it. In this case, editors hesitated to assign a story about their own employees. Would it seem like the paper treated its employees differently from other crime victims?”

Washington says the day after the beatings, Forster searched Twitter for mention of the attack, and one post in particular chilled him.

“I feel for the white man who got beat up at the light,” wrote one person.

“I don’t,” wrote another, indicating laughter. “(do it for trayvon martin)”

Trayvon Martin is the unarmed black teen who died after being shot by a community-watch captain with white and Hispanic parents, George Zimmerman, in Sanford, Fla., sparking a wave of outrage long after the incident.

The newspaper is coming under heavy criticism today from residents in the greater Norfolk area, known as Hampton Roads.

“It is unbelievable that the Virginian-Pilot would BURY this story for two weeks for politically correct reasons. That is sad and disgusting,” said David Englert of Norfolk. “Someone should be fired or resign over the decision not to report this attack. It is a sad enough commentary on our society and community to read about how the responding police viewed this crime, but for our only newspaper to decide that they will hide from the truth rather than report the truth is PATHETIC! Any attack by a mob of people on any innocent victim should be put under a bright spotlight for all involved to be judged and exposed as appropriate, and to make sure that the criminal justice system does its job to protect those who obey the law.”

William Tabor of Chesapeake, Va., complained: “Surely the Pilot knew about it. A racially motivated attack is certainly news. Was it not politically correct enough to be reported? Is civilization suspended in Norfolk after dark? If we can’t rely on the police for protection, and our [news] media fails to warn us of such hazards, we can only rely on ourselves.”

Charles Chandler of Norfolk indicated: “I am not sure what I am angrier about. This story, or the crowd of black teens who needlessly and thoughtlessly beat two white victims. Or am I just angry that this still occurs in the year 2012. Nearly fifty years after the marches and the speeches and the declaration of civil liberties for all people. Clearly we are nowhere near the dream Dr. King envisioned. I am angry. I am angry at the calloused cop who stated ‘this is what they do.’ I am angry at the Pilot for hiding it under a bushel.”

And Douglas Gaynor of Virginia Beach brought up the need for self-defense, saying, “If the young lady was armed and trained, she could have whipped out P345 and taken out a few thugs.”
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

There's getting to be too many of these for the media to ignore despite their best efforts.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    There's getting to be too many of these for the media to ignore despite their best efforts.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer...
    Between you, and this statment:

William Tabor of Chesapeake, Va., complained: “Surely the Pilot knew about it. A racially motivated attack is certainly news. Was it not politically correct enough to be reported? Is civilization suspended in Norfolk after dark? If we can’t rely on the police for protection, and our [news] media fails to warn us of such hazards, we can only rely on ourselves.”
    I'd have to agree...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

The media want a race war.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    The media want a race war.
    Hey, whatever sells newspapers... oh, wait, there aren't many left, are there?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

They may have found some terrorists fitting their profile...

Companion Posts within this thread:

White supremacists arrested on hate crime, conspiracy charges

Seven people have been arrested on hate crime charges in Osceola County.

WDBO News has learned that three local directors of a so-called white supremacist group were arrested Friday on several charges including committing a hate crime and criminal conspiracy.

Marcus Faella, his wife Patricia Faella, and Mark McGowan, are local directors of the American Front. American Front is a St. Cloud based organization that describes as its mission 'religious and cultural preservation of the European people'.

One of the charges 29-year-old McGowan faces involves "paramilitary training" — specifically teaching another person to either make or use a firearm or destructive device while knowing or intending that it "will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder within the United States."

McGowan's wife, 25-year-old Jennifer McGowan, also faces that charge.

Arrests were made with the assistance of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, Orange County Sheriff’s Office & St. Cloud Police Department. Below are the names of those arrested:

From left to right: Paul Jackson, Jennifer McGowan, Mark McGowan, Kent McLellan and Diane Stevens were arrested on hate crime charges in Osceola County, records show. (Osceola County Jail / May 07, 2012)

• McGowan, Jennifer
    • McGowan, Mark
    • Stevens, Diane
    • McLellan, Kent
    • Jackson, Paul
    • Faella, Marcus
    • Faella, Patricia

Each suspect was arrested on the following charges:

• Paramilitary Training (teaching & demonstrating to other persons the use, application or making of a firearm, techniques capable of causing injury or death to persons)

• Attempt to Shoot into an Occupied Dwelling

• Evidence of Prejudices While Committing Offense

All offenses are felony level and criminal charges may vary based on hate crime enhancements.

Following the arrests, Ninth Circuit State Attorney Lawson Lamar, “This investigation is a result of our on-going partnership with local law enforcement and federal agencies in a concentrated effort to stamp out hate crime in our community.

The Ninth Circuit State Attorney will review the investigation and will file the appropriate criminal charges.”

The FBI is in charge of the investigation.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Mother of man among 7 charged with hate crimes says they're not white supremacists

Posted: 6:55 p.m. Monday, May 7, 2012

VIDEO

OSCEOLA COUNTY — The FBI charged seven people with hate crimes in Osceola County, authorities said on Monday.

Marcus Faella, 39, and Patricia Faella, 36, were taken into custody on Friday, but have since bonded out.

The other five who were arrested were identified as Paul Willard Jackson, 25, Kent Ryan Mclellan, 22, Diane Stephanie Stevens, 28, Mark McGowan Jr., 29, and Jennifer McGowan, 25.

The arrests were made following an investigation into a militia-styled group called American Front (AF), which is an anti-Semitic, white supremacist organization that is known as a domestic terrorist organization, authorities said.

"This investigation is a result of our ongoing partnership with local law enforcement and federal agencies in a concentrated effort to stamp out hate crime in our community. The Ninth Circuit State Attorney will review the investigation and will file the appropriate criminal charges," said State Attorney Lawson Lamar.

Investigators said that each person was arrested on the following charges: Paramilitary training, teaching and demonstrating to other persons the use, application or making of a firearm, techniques capable of causing injury or death to persons, attempt to shoot into an occupied dwelling and evidence of prejudices, while committing an offense.

Mark McGowan Jr.'s mother, Norma Black, spoke with WFTV reporter Nancy Alvarez about a wooded area in St. Cloud that she said was a meeting place for bonfires and target practice.

"What did they do out there on that property?" asked Alvarez.

"They just go out there to have fun," said Black.

During the interview, Black insisted her son was not violent, but admitted he shares her views about minorities.

"I don't like illegals and I don't like these troublesome blacks," Black.
    "Is your son a white supremacist?" Alvarez asked.

"No, none of them are," said Black. "They don't belong to any group, its just friends having fun."

The AF's group's leader was killed in California last year, and since then, much of the group's operation has moved to Florida, according to the Southern Poverty Law Group.

The agency tracks hate crimes across the country and now it said it has seven more faces on its radar.

WFTV found out that there are more than 1,000 known hate groups across the U.S.

Fifty-five of the groups are in Florida and 13 of them are in Central Florida.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Affidavit:: White supremacists trained with AK-47s, planned for 'inevitable' race war

By Jeff Weiner, Henry Pierson Curtis, Orlando Sentinel
    7:49 PM CDT, May 7, 2012

Nearly five miles from the nearest paved road, on a compound surrounded by barbed wire in a desolate area of Osceola County, investigators say Marcus Faella was preparing his troops for war.

Race war.

Faella — who sees himself and his compatriots as "protectors of the white race" — was convinced it was "inevitable," and planned to kill Jews, immigrants and minorities, according to a recently filed affidavit. As they trained in firearm and hand-to-hand combat, members of the white supremacist group American Front discussed acts of violence and disruption with targets including Orlando's City Hall, authorities allege.

They also discussed manufacturing Ricin, the affidavit says, a deadly poison "which is categorized as a Weapon of Mass Destruction."

Faella, his wife Patricia, and at least six others have been arrested since Friday on several charges, one of which involves "paramilitary training" — specifically, teaching another person to either make or use a firearm or destructive device while knowing or intending that it "will be unlawfully employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder within the United States."

Authorities on Monday would not reveal any details about the investigation or the crimes. However, the affidavit obtained by the Sentinel states the arrests came after a nearly two-year investigation, which unearthed heavy duty firearms purchases and training for "the upcoming race war."

According to the affidavit, Faella had a firearm stockpile on his property on Harris Road east of Holopaw. In a addition to barbed wire, the compound has been fortified with railroad timbers, cement pilings and other building materials, and stocked with ammunition and military-style meals ready to eat, or MREs. He had also cut firing ports into the walls of his trailer.

During shooting drills, documents state, Faella used a racial slur in instructing American Front members to imagine their targets were the heads of African Americans. In July 2011, a U.S. National Guardsman who is also a member of the group's Missouri chapter gave training in hand-to-hand-combat and edged weapons, the affidavit says.

Marcus Faella, 39, and Patricia Faella, 36, were jailed in Osceola County on Friday and have since been released after posting $500,000 bond each. Florida corporation filings show the couple and Mark McGowan — who was arrested Sunday — officially incorporated American Front Inc. last year, with the stated purpose of "Religious and cultural preservation of the European people."

But the Anti-Defamation League identifies American Front as "a racist skinhead group" active in several states, with membership mostly limited to Florida and California. And the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, in a statement, referred to the group as a "domestic terrorist organization."

The arrests followed an investigation by the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation.

"This investigation is a result of our on-going partnership with local law enforcement and federal agencies in a concentrated effort to stamp out hate crime in our community," State Attorney Lawson Lamar said in a statement, adding his office "will review the investigation and will file the appropriate criminal charges."

The affidavit filed to secure warrants for the Faellas and other AF members details startling allegations:

•In November 2010, Marcus Faella "began intently expressing his vision to create an 'Aryan Compound' where all the AF members could live when the United States government fails."

•On Feb. 28, during one of several "mandatory" firearms training sessions detailed in the affidavit, Faella "started planning to cause a disturbance at City Hall in Orlando." He allegedly explained that the group had been "dormant" for too long and wanted to attract media attention for recruiting.

•On March 17, a member was tasked with infiltrating another skinhead group that opposes racial prejudice. Faella also discussed targeting members of that group for an ambush.

The affidavit details a wide array of weapons possessed by the group, from AK-47 assault rifles to sharpened screw-drivers authorities say some members carried to avoid being charged with carrying concealed weapons if arrested.

When AF members decided to disrupt a rival group's May 1 anarchist protest, the affidavit says, the signs they planned to carry were modified to double as weapons. Its unclear if the protest or counter-protest took place.

In a 2011 report, the ADL detailed the American Front's activities, with members in Winter Park, St. Cloud, Cocoa and Satsuma. The American Front is also being tracked by the Southern Poverty Law Center, which keeps tabs on hate groups.

"We've been aware of Marcus Faella since 1993 when he was a member of the Confederate Hammerskins, a violent skinhead group, and head of the Melbourne chapter," said SPLC spokesman Mark Potok in a telephone interview.

Acting in that role, Faella defended the Hammerskins to the Sentinel in 1993, after a letter was sent to the Melbourne Police Department. The letter threatened to kill black officers. Faella insisted no one in his group wrote it. "What we are about is education," he said at the time.

Faella joined the California-based American Front which faded away in the late 1990's until a resurgence in 2007 with Faella in a leadership role, Potok said.

Palm Bay ex-convict Christopher Brooks, 27, was the last of the eight AF members to be arrested so far. He was picked up Monday by St. Cloud police while painting a house, according to police, with a large tattoo of swastika covering his scalp.

Another suspect, Richard "Swamp Nazi" Stockdale of St. Cloud, had been painting the house with Brooks but left before officers arrived. Stockdale, 23, has a red-white-blue Confederate flag tattooed around his neck. Anyone who sees him is asked to call Crimeline at 800-423-8477.

Stockdale was sentenced to more than a year in prison on battery charges in Oct. 2008. Investigators said he attacked a Hispanic high school student at a party, beating the teen repeatedly while chanting "white power."

Other suspected members of the American Front arrested so far are: Diane Stevens, 28, Kent McLellan, 22, and Paul Jackson, 25, and Jennifer McGowan, the wife of Mark McGowan, the group's financial director.

According to Facebook, Mark McGowan went to Melbourne High School and works for Deseret Cattle & Citrus, a nearly 300,000-acre ranch covering parts of Brevard, Orange and Osceola counties. His wife posted on Facebook that she works as a court reporter.

Diane Stevens, whose mug shot shows that she has at least one swastika tattoo, is a former certified nursing assistant. It's unclear where she worked.

McLellan, who served prison time for a criminal mischief conviction out of Putnam County, has tattoos of a swastika, the Aryan Nation symbol and others.

An Anti-Defamation League report said McLellan served just over one year in prison for vandalizing a church and restaurant in September 2008. McLellan claimed he spray painted swastikas, "white power" and "RAHOWA" — signifying "Racial Holy War" on the structures.

According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, he's been arrested nine times in the state, most recently in March 2011, when he was booked in Osceola County on burglary, aggravated stalking and contempt of court charges.

jeweiner@tribune.com or 407-420-5171. hcurtis@tribune.com or 407-420-5257.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information