Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting

Even though this story has pretty much been swept under the rug by the media after the image of Trayvon's victimhood has fallen apart, it is still ongoing.

This just came out today...

George Zimmerman Photograph

December 3, 2012

This is a photo of George Zimmerman taken by a police officer on the night of February 26, 2012. A black and white photocopy of this image was provided by the State in the first Discovery. This high-resolution digital file was finally provided to the defense on October 29, 2012. This image was disclosed in the State's 9th Supplemental Discovery. In accordance with the updates to our media policy that we published on November 13, we will be making all public documents related to the case available on our website, including the rest of the State's 9th Supplemental Discovery as soon as we are sure it has been properly redacted according to the Court's stipulations on protecting information regarding specific witnesses.

Thanks

Man....

It's about fucking time.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Not about Martin-Zimmerman, but certainly pertinent. The police are "searching" for the guy.... wonder if they will find him?

Probably not. Why the FUCK don't these photographers throw down the damned cameras and be HEROES for once? He could have saved that man instead of hesitating and shooting film.

Ki Suk Han Dead: After Man Is Shoved Onto Subway Tracks And Hit By Train, NYPD Searches For Suspect (VIDEO)

Posted: 12/04/2012 9:56 am EST Updated: 12/04/2012 10:30 am EST

NYPD officials are searching for a man suspected of pushing a Queens father onto the subway tracks where he was fatally struck by an oncoming train on Monday.
    The New York Post reports the victim, identified as 58-year-old Ki Suk Han, was attempting to "protect fellow straphangers from a deranged man" at the 49th Street station when he was suddenly shoved onto the tracks by the suspect.

Bystanders frantically waved and yelled, trying to halt the oncoming Q train from hitting Han, but their attempts proved futile.

"He got caught between the train and the edge of the platform," saidWilliam Van Alstyne, who witnessed the horrifying scene. "He got caught between the train and the edge of the platform. He got dragged. You could see the trail of blood from where he got hit to where he stopped.”

A Post freelance photographer happened to be on the platform and captured the moment just before Han's death. In the photo you can see Han trying to hoist himself up onto the platform, as the train comes barreling towards him. Umar Abbasi says he attempted to warn the train conductor by flashing his camera, but to no avail.

Before the incident, onlookers say the suspect and Han exchanged heated words.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said the suspect was believed to have been "talking to himself" and most likely instigated a fight with Han.
    "At least one witness felt that the aggressor was emotionally disturbed," Browne said.

Han was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead. He leaves behind a wife and college-aged daughter.
    Officials released this image of the man believed to be the attacker who pushed Han:

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Umar Abbasi says he attempted to warn the train conductor by flashing his camera, but to no avail.
    Physics. How do it work?

Maybe drop your stupid camera and help the guy up. Just a thought.

Thanks

I think it is absolutely idiotic that a photographer who is in a position to pull some guy to safety takes the time to snap a photo, or two, or three in an effort to win some stupid award.

In some circumstances, sure, there's nothing a person can do. But had he been standing on the platform and the train was coming, and he could simply REACH DOWN and PULL the guy UP..... is criminal.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

What a lousy way to go.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

squished.

The people didn't even stop the perp from running off either. Police are still looking for him.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I think it is absolutely idiotic that a photographer who is in a position to pull some guy to safety takes the time to snap a photo, or two, or three in an effort to win some stupid award.

In some circumstances, sure, there's nothing a person can do. But had he been standing on the platform and the train was coming, and he could simply REACH DOWN and PULL the guy UP..... is criminal.

So you want to punish people for not helping?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

No, I never said that at all. Where did you get that idea? Read it again.

(... is criminal to let someone die when you could have stopped it from happening).

I promise you, Mal if you sit there and watch a kid get beaten by his or her own parents and don't make a phone call to the cops you will be held responsible by the child protective services.

It's not the same thing, and no I don't think people should be punished for not helping. I just don't see how some one like a "freelance photojournalist" could possibly live with themselves taking pictures instead of trying to save a man's life.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

The photograph shows not a single person within ten feet of the victim. What the fuck is wrong with people? There should be at least two or three people around Han pulling him to safety. They are all a disgrace and should bear the emotional burden of their inaction to their graves. Freaking pathetic excuses for human beings.

Thanks

>>>>you will be held responsible by the child protective services.

Depends on the state.

I don't think we should be legislating behavior at all. If someone wants to help, they can help and should be afforded some sort of protection via good Samaritan laws. By the same token, if someone doesn't want to get involved there should be no negative repercussions.

Suppose the guy beating a child was a 6'6" monster and you're a 5'2" pipsqueek who doesn't have a cell phone. While I personally think it's morally reprehensible not to at least call the cops, I cannot in good conscience condone the use of the state to punish the person.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    >>>>you will be held responsible by the child protective services.

Depends on the state.
    Correct. In the states where I have lived, that is all of them. Virginia, Michigan, Colorado, Oklahoma. "You" was a figure of speech mean the "generic you". Not you specifically Mal.

I don't think we should be legislating behavior at all. If someone wants to help, they can help and should be afforded some sort of protection via good Samaritan laws. By the same token, if someone doesn't want to get involved there should be no negative repercussions.
    I don't either. But that bridge was crossed a burned a long time ago. Colorado laws are specific on it NOW, they didn't USED to be: www.heartsafeam.com/files/Colorado_Good_Samaritan_Act.pdf

Suppose the guy beating a child was a 6'6" monster and you're a 5'2" pipsqueek who doesn't have a cell phone. While I personally think it's morally reprehensible not to at least call the cops, I cannot in good conscience condone the use of the state to punish the person.
    I don't either Mal. Again, I didn't say that. Never said someone should stand up to a monster etc. I said "a guy taking the time to take pictures" instead of lending a hand to a man who was just toss off a railway platform " should be ashamed of himself, it was "criminal" in what he did.

This is a tort law issue and the man with the camera can indeed be held liable and responsible for "doing nothing". (My word "criminal" is incorrect of course, and there is no criminal law as far as I know in NYC about this).

In common law systems, it is rarely formalized in statutes which would bring the penalty of law down upon those who fail to rescue. This does not necessarily obviate a moral duty to rescue: though law is binding and carries government-authorized sanctions, there are also separate ethical arguments for a duty to rescue that may prevail even where law does not punish failure to rescue. (From Wikipedia)

Under "soviet law" it was a crime to FAIL to give aid to someone in mortal danger (which is a reason not to legislate behavior anyway).

In the Martin-Zimmerman case, the witnesses all copped out and didn't assist either party. Martin died after he attacked Zimmerman.

In this case, no one even tried to stop the guy who threw the deceased off a platform. Did nothing at all.

There's something wrong with this society when they can't help someone who has been injured or in mortal danger.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

There's something wrong with this society when they can't help someone who has been injured or in mortal danger.
    It's indicative of the moral degeneration of a society as a whole. Human life, sacred in my view, means nothing or even less than nothing to what appears to be a majority of people today. Many even enjoy seeing a person in distress to the point that elation is felt when a person dies. The more violent, the better. The more helpless the victim, the better. If that's not evil, I don't know what is. And, I do know what evil is.

Thanks

I have seen evil before.

I don't want to see it again. But you know, Mal is completely correct. We shouldn't be legislating behavior I guess.

That includes morality.

Which means we give up any claims to stopping abortion (which personally, I'm against for reasons of "birth control".... if it were for saving a life, I'd be all for it, but it usually isn't). Thus we should NOT legislate ANY fucking thing.

In fact, the ONLY thing I think should be on the books is crimes like murder, rape etc.

And to be honest, we need to burn the fucking law books and start over.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

A government should have no reason to legislate morality. A morally healthy society has no need for such idiocy. I agree, however, it should not be done.

I err on the side of teaching our children fundamental ethics and good moral judgment, thus creating what could be termed self policing citizens.

Thanks

We "legislate morality" all the time.

As I stated before... Rape, incest, murder, robbery - they are all crimes against people, and all of them have been "legislated as immoral" or wrong.

Mal is correct though, we should not make laws forcing people to "help others".

There's an "unwritten law of the sea". If a sailor is in trouble, needs rescuing, is marooned, etc, other sailors will go out of their way to help them. There IS A law requiring me, when I'm in charge of a vessel to respond to Mayday calls for help, if I'm within range of hearing and can get there in a reasonable amount of time. Ships are required to deviate from their courses to assist those in peril.

Of course, the difference here is that only one's Master's license is in peril if one doesn't help - as in many cases, pretends not to HEAR the call for assistance.

No one helped either Martin or Zimmerman - and apparently (from what I heard today) both the victim and the perp in the other case were apparently drunk.

Why help a couple of stupid drunks?

I don't know. But I don't think I would have stood around watching the guy die while taking photos.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Sues NBC over Racist Slur

By Umberto Bacchi: Subscribe to Umberto's RSS feed
    December 7, 2012 1:09 PM GMT
    George Zimmerman with bloodied nose and mouth in picture his attorneys claims was taken the night he shot unarmed teen Trayvon Martin (Reuters)

George Zimmerman, the alleged killer of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has sued NBC for defamation and claimed the US TV station maliciously portrayed him as a racist attacker.

Zimmerman's lawyers claimed that NBC edited an emergency call by Zimmerman, the 28-year-old Hispanic neighbourhood watch volunteer, after he shot African-American Martin to make it sound like he was racist.

"NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings and so to set about the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain," the lawsuit reads.

Zimmerman is seeking damages for an undisclosed amount at Seminole County circuit court in Florida.

He claims NBC's coverage caused him emotional distress, made him fear for his life and to suffer nausea, insomnia and anxiety.

"Because of NBC's deceptive and exploitative manipulations, the public wrongly believes that Zimmerman 'used a racial epithet' while describing Martin during the call to the dispatcher on that fateful night," the lawsuit continues.

Follow us

In NBC's edited version of the call Zimmerman is heard telling police Trayvon Martin was black without being asked about the teenager's racial background.
    "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black," Zimmerman says.

However in the full tape Zimmerman tells police Martin "looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about".
    When asked for a description, Zimmerman says: "He looks black."

According to Zimmerman's lawyers, NBC also claimed - without evidence to back it up - that during the call Zimmerman said "f*****g coons". He actually said "f*****g punks".

"There was no intent to portray Mr Zimmerman unfairly. We intend to vigorously defend our position in court," NBC spokeswoman Kathy Kelly-Brown said.

NBC had earlier apologised for what it described as an "error made in the production process".

Zimmerman shot Martin after confronting him in Sanford, Florida, on 26 February.

He is charged with second-degree murder but maintains he killed Martin in self-defence in a case that has sparked huge controversy in America.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin case update: Zimmerman says NBC used 'yellow journalism,' sues

George Zimmerman, charged in the shooting death of a 17-year-old Florida boy, sued NBC Universal on Thursday for using 'the oldest form of yellow journalism' by editing an audio tape of his 911 call.
    Photographer: Pool, Getty Images

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...ournalism-sues

Posted: 7:03 AM

By: Michael Martinez, CNN

George Zimmerman, charged in the shooting death of a 17-year-old Florida boy, sued NBC Universal on Thursday for using "the oldest form of yellow journalism" by editing an audio tape of his 911 call to make him sound racist, the lawsuit said.

Zimmerman is seeking "damages in excess of the jurisdictional limit" in Seminole County Circuit Court in Florida, where the lawsuit is filed.

Zimmerman, who is Hispanic and is charged with second-degree murder, is accused of fatally shooting Trayvon Martin, who was African-American. The February incident has provoked national controversy.

Zimmerman says he shot Martin in self-defense. Attorneys for Martin's family say the teen was shot and killed "in cold blood."

"NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so set about to create the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain," the lawsuit said.

"Because of NBC's deceptive and exploitative manipulations, the public wrongly believes that Zimmerman 'us(ed) a racial epithet' while describing Martin during the call to the dispatcher on that fateful night," the suit said.

A spokesman for NBC Universal couldn't be reached immediately for comment.

The defamation lawsuit accuses the network of sensationalizing and manipulating a potential "racial powder keg that would result in months, if not years, of topics for their failing news program, particularly the plummeting ratings for their ailing Today Show."

The edited recordings included multiple deletions, removed intervening dialogue between Zimmerman and the dispatcher and juxtaposed unrelated content "to make it appear that Zimmerman was a racist, and that he was racially profiling Trayvon Martin," the lawsuit said.

NBC aired various edited versions of the 911 call on March 19, 20, 22 and 27, the suit said.

The suit accuses the network of malice, including correspondent Ron Allen's segment on the Today Show on March 27.

"Allen's broadcast removed a critical aspect of the dialogue between Zimmerman and the dispatcher, bringing the 'up to no good' and 'he looks black' statements even closer together, to further the false and defamatory implication that Zimmerman had said he believed Martin was 'up to no good' because 'he looks black,' " the suit said.

The lawsuit accuses NBC of falsely claiming that Zimmerman said "f---ing coons" on the February 26 call.

"The truth, as known to the defendants, was that Zimmerman said 'f_____ punks' and there was no evidence, or reason to believe, that Zimmerman uttered a racial epithet during the call," the suit said.

Zimmerman only mentioned Martin's race when prompted by the dispatcher, the suit said.

NBC never aired an "earnest" retraction and never apologized to Zimmerman, who has since experienced death threats, a bounty on his head and a genuine fear for his life, the suit said. He now lives in hiding, court documents said.

"NBC's President, Steve Capus, made a bogus non-apology that claimed the doctoring was merely a 'mistake,' " the suit said.

Zimmerman wears a bulletproof vest and was even dismissed from his college because it felt the death threats endangered fellow students, the lawsuit said. At the time of the incident with Martin, Zimmerman was living in a community known as The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, Florida, court papers said.

"Due to the defendants' journalistic crimes, Zimmerman has been transformed into one of the most hated men in America," the suit said.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told "In Session's" Jean Casarez that NBC tried "to get ahead of the curve coverage thinking that they had themselves a person who was a racist, and they were wrong."

The suit also names as defendants Lilia Rodriguez Luciano of Dade County, Florida, who was reporting directly from Sanford County, Florida. She was terminated by NBC as a result of her reporting, the suit said.

Also named as a defendant is Jeffrey Burnside of Dade County, another journalist who was reporting from Sanford County to his station WTVJ in Miami, Florida, the suit said. Burnside was also fired by NBC, the suit said.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz2ENODIYpF
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

No new freedom for George Zimmerman; he must keep 24-hour monitor

George Zimmerman arrives in court at the Seminole County courthouse for a hearing in Sanford, Fla. (Joe Burbank, Pool / Associated Press / December 11, 2012)
    Related photos ยป

By Michael Muskal December 11, 2012, 8:59 a.m.

George Zimmerman, charged with the second-degree murder of an unarmed black teenager, will continue to have 24-hour-a-day electronic monitoring, a Florida judge ruled Tuesday.
    At a hearing in Sanford, Fla., Circuit Judge Debra Nelson rejected a defense request to modify the conditions of Zimmerman’s release. The defense had sought to have the full-time GPS monitoring discontinued and permission to allow Zimmerman to go outside the county.
    Tuesday’s hearing was the latest on procedural motions involving Zimmerman, who shot Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26. Zimmerman has claimed he acted in self-defense in shooting the teenager during an altercation while the prosecution has argued that the former neighborhood watch volunteer profiled Martin because of his race.
    The case roiled racial tensions in Florida and became a national issue when civil rights leaders held a series of demonstrations arguing that Zimmerman, who had been initially released, should face criminal charges. A special prosecutor was appointed after weeks of demonstrations and charged Zimmerman with second-degree murder.
    Zimmerman is currently free on $1-million bond and has been living in hiding as a security measure. His trial has been tentatively scheduled in mid-June and a special hearing on the self-defense argument is set for April.
    Florida is one of the states that has a broad “stand-your-ground” law that gives leeway for someone to claim self-defense at a special hearing before the criminal trial begins. If successful at the hearing, Zimmerman would not have to face murder charges.
    It is usual for both sides to present motions in the early phase of the criminal proceedings. In addition to seeking to loosen the conditions of his bond, the defense has been seeking more evidence from prosecutors.
    In the early rulings, Nelson allowed the defense to re-depose police investigator William Erwin, who the defense says was present when police played a 911 audio for Trayvon Martin’s father.
    Prosecutors also will have to turn over to the defense the original recording of Benjamin Crump's interview of a girl identified as Martin’s girlfriend. Crump is one of the attorneys for the Martin family.
    The girlfriend, identified as Witness 8, says she was on the phone with Trayvon Martin in the moments before the shooting.
    Other defense motions seek more records from state and federal investigations of the shooting in Sanford.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information