Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Thanks

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Will Zimmerman walk?
    By Miami Herald (FL) July 2, 2013 12:13 pm

The prosecution overreached.

Manslaughter, maybe. I wouldn't bet on it.

But a second-degree murder conviction for George Zimmerman looks ever more doubtful.

Civic leaders, mindful that public assumptions about the shooting death of Trayvon Martin aren't governed by the legal niceties of Florida's self-defense law, might want to start planning. Zimmerman may well walk. The reaction could be ugly.

Two key witnesses called last week to bolster the prosecution instead left this racially divisive case infested with doubts. Jonathan Good, who saw the confrontation between two men outside his townhouse on a dark rainy night, decribed a scuffle that supported Zimmerman's contention that Martin had been the aggressor, the man on top, throwing the punches. Good called the blows "ground and pound."

"I could tell that the person on the bottom had a light skin color," Good testified.

Then there was Rachel Jeantel, the young Miami woman on the other end of a cell phone conversation with Trayvon Martin when he noticed Zimmerman, whom he described as "a creepy ass cracker," was stalking him through the neighborhood. She was surly, sometimes inarticulate. The 19-year-old made it obvious she didn't want to be there.

Her testimony set off a national debate, about whether this child of immigrants, with her prickly street sensibilities, had been unfairly caricatured in the press and social media. But none of that talk reached the sequestered jury and the only opinions that matter.

Prosecutors attempted to rehabilitate their case Monday, calling Sanford Police detectives Chris Serino and Doris Singleton. "These guys always get away," Zimmerman told Singleton after the shooting.

But Serino, on cross examination, couldn't remember any major inconsistencies in Zimmerman's interviews and the walk-through "recreation" after the shooting. "I can't think of any, offhand. None come to mind," Serino said, as a conviction seemed ever more elusive. "None that I can articulate."

A large segment of the public sees this case in a sweeping national context, rather than within the narrow parameters dictated by the rules of evidence. Trayvon Martin's death is held as the tragic result of racial profiling, in which Zimmerman wrongly assumed this black teenager was an outsider in his neighborhood, up to no good. And that Zimmerman stalked the kid, leading to the fatal confrontation.

All that could be true yet still fall well short of the legal definition of second-degree murder, "an act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life." Zimmerman's actions might come closer to the "culpable negligence" necessary for a manslaughter conviction, but even that looks tough, weighed against Florida's famously permissive self-defense statutes. Not with the neighbor's "pound and ground" testimony, and the photos taken that night of Zimmerman's injured face and head.

Prosecutor have shown, perhaps, that Zimmerman was an over-exuberant neighborhood watchman, a wanna-be cop, a pistol-packing dunderhead whose terrible misjudgment led to a needless killing. But that's not murder two.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Interesting....

Cop Testifying At Zimmerman Trial Wore Military Ribbons She Didn't Earn

Geoffrey Ingersoll, provided by

Published 7:33 am, Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tweet

Comments (0)
    Larger | Smaller
    Email This
    Font

MORE FROM BUSINESS INSIDER

Combat veteran Jeremiah Workman couldn't believe what he was seeing: a police officer testifying at the George Zimmerman murder trial was wearing military ribbons.
    “Am I going blind or is this police officer in the Zimmerman-Martin trial wearing ribbons that she doesn’t rate?” He wrote beside a picture he posted to Facebook.
    Gina Harkins of The Military Times saw his posting and reached out to Workman, who fought as a Marine in the second battle of Fallujah and was awarded the Navy Cross for valor.
    She reports that Workman noticed two ribbons in particular — the World War II Army of Occupation Medal and the Defense Distinguished Service Medal.
    Harkins writes "Workman got a hold of [The Sanford Police Department] and said they told him they didn’t have their own awards system, so they went to the Army-Navy store around the corner and picked out Defense Department military ribbons to fit their own format. The WWII was selected, the police department official told Workman, because they knew there weren’t many veterans from that period alive so they didn’t think people would notice."
    Workman's response to that: “So that makes it all better now because these guys are dead? The fact that that was their response is still pretty shameful, I think.”
    It's abnormal for a police department that issues awards not to have its own internal system.
    We've reached out to the chief of the Sanford PD to see if they plan on changing their award procedure following the Military Times report. We are awaiting a response.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Oh, he's gonna walk alright...and this gives da blacks permission to riot.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I can't make most of those out. One looks like an AF Outstanding Unit Award though... Bottom row on left of photo.

( I have one with 2 devices)

Combat readiness medal (I have one)

I don't know for sure that's what they are.... and my eyes just ain't what they used to be.

If anyone else can ID them, let me know. My wife can, she's an expert on them (and she wasn't even in the military! haha)
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

They are trying to spin the last officer's testimony in the news as "he said Zimmerman was profiling Martin".

That ain't what was said.

he said it could be "construed by some as profiling"

If you look at someone and say "He's sneaking around in the dark, in an area it looks like he shouldn't be, and it's raining and others are out in the rain he is probably suspicious" they are calling that "profiling" now!

LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Oh, he's gonna walk alright...and this gives da blacks permission to riot.
    You really think so?

Seriously?

How do they get "permission"? lol
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Let me point something out.

In Africa, they riot when shit don't go their way. they are usually black over there.

In Muslim countries they riot all the time. Some are black, some arent but mostly they are Muslim.

In America... I can't remember a riot that started with white kids in it in 20 years or more..... can anyone else?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Let me point something out.

In Africa, they riot when shit don't go their way. they are usually black over there.

In Muslim countries they riot all the time. Some are black, some arent but mostly they are Muslim.

In America... I can't remember a riot that started with white kids in it in 20 years or more..... can anyone else?
    WTO riots in Seattle. Whites predominantly.

As for the permission slip...they feel that anything they perceive to be an injustice is permission to riot.

Hence hispanic man shoots black thug in self-defense = riots and killing whitey in revenge.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to know where the ME on the stand got her credentials from, a Cracker Jack box?

Any competent person knows that a significant blow to the head of any sort can turn fatal. Case in point: Family Mourns Ricardo Portillo, Soccer Referee Killed By Punch.

Portillo, 46, a volunteer soccer referee, was removed from life support and died Saturday after spending nearly a week in a coma triggered by injuries he suffered when a 17-year-old player allegedly hit him in the head during a game.
    Hmmm... A 17 year old you say?

Thanks

Guess she missed that incident, huh?

Mal, I was being silly when I asked about their permission slip. lol I know what you mean.

WTO riots were mainly anarchists too.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Who is she?
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I've been afk awhile here. Work to do, etc

I completely missed the ME.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Apparently her appraisal of Zimmerman's injuries is based completely on the examination of photographs of them! She had no in person examination of George Zimmerman's injuries at any point. What a complete waste of time.

Thanks

Did the defense make that clear?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

If they did, I didn't catch it. I only was able to catch bits and pieces of the testimony. I only heard that from Megyn Kelly on the FNC channel on Sirius.

Thanks

I'm afraid this is a no go.

If you think about it, YOU as a concealed weapons permit holder MUST KNOW the laws.

So what if he not only knew the law, he knew it well????

How the HELL can this be used against you?

July 3, 2013 5:50 AM

George Zimmerman trial: Prosecutors want jury to hear evidence about Zimmerman's knowledge of self-defense laws

By
    Erin Donaghue
    Topics
    Daily Blotter
    George Zimmerman, left, arrives in Seminole circuit court, with his wife Shellie, on the 11th day of his trial, in Sanford, Fla., Monday, June 24, 2013.
    / Joe Burbank
    (CBS/AP) --A Florida court is set to take up whether prosecutors may introduce evidence and testimony about suspected murderer George Zimmerman's college coursework in criminal justice, his job application to a police agency in Virginia and an application for a ride-along with Sanford police officers.
    PICTURES: George Zimmerman on trial in death of Fla. teen
    PICTURES: George Zimmerman crime scene photos
    READ: Trayvon Martin Shooting: A timeline of events
    Prosecutors argued the evidence could speak to Zimmerman's knowledge of law enforcement and of Florida's self-defense laws. Prosecutors are attempting to prove Zimmerman was a "wannabe cop" who killed Florida teen Trayvon Martin "because he wanted to," not in self-defense as he claims.
    On Tuesday afternoon, the defense objected to the jury viewing the possible evidence, calling it "irrelevant." The objection prompted a half-hour recess as both sides prepared to argue the issue before Circuit Judge Debra Nelson, but Nelson opted to take up the matter Wednesday morning.
    Zimmerman is standing trial in the shooting death of Martin during an altercation last year in Zimmerman's Sanford, Fla. gated community, where Zimmerman had launched a neighborhood watch program. Tuesday marked the seventh day of testimony in the trial.
    VIDEO: Zimmerman trial: Prosecutor opens with profanity
    On Tuesday, prosecutors showed the jury Zimmerman's interview last year with Fox News television host Sean Hannity. In the interview, Zimmerman said that he had no knowledge of Florida's controversial "stand your ground" statute prior to the altercation.
    O'Mara said it was "unfair" and "inappropriate" that prosecutors should introduce the interview only in an apparent attempt to refute Zimmerman's statements later.
    "It's not like they're trying to introduce that he took a humanities case or sixth grade geography class, it's specific," Nelson said before the recess. "....They're allowed to present evidence on their theory of the case just as the defense is allowed to cross examine the witness based on your theory of the case."

The court was scheduled to take up the issue again at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

State’s Witnesses in Zimmerman Trial Put the Prosecution on the Defensive

Pool photo by Joe Burbank
    With Officer Chris Serino on the stand, the lead prosecutor, Bernie de la Rionda, demonstrated on Tuesday how a fight might have played out between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.

By CARA BUCKLEY

Published: July 2, 2013

SANFORD, Fla. — Prosecutors in the second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman scrambled Tuesday to undo damage to their case by one of their leading witnesses, a Sanford police officer who interviewed the defendant hours after he fatally shot Trayvon Martin.

Multimedia

Pool photo by

Dr. Valerie Rao, the medical examiner, was cross-examined by a defense lawyer, Mark O’Mara.

The witness, Officer Chris Serino of the Sanford police, had testified under cross-examination on Monday afternoon that Mr. Zimmerman seemed to be telling the truth when he said he had fired his gun in self-defense. The officer’s remarks made for a dramatic moment in the trial — and clearly benefited the defense — but drew no immediate objection from the prosecutors. The court then recessed for the day.

But early on Tuesday, citing case law, the prosecution successfully argued that Officer Serino’s comments about Mr. Zimmerman’s truthfulness should be disregarded by the jury. The judge then instructed the jurors, who are being sequestered during the trial, to ignore the officer’s statement — nearly 17 hours after he made it.

Officer Serino’s testimony, in the second week of the trial in Seminole County Court, was the latest setback for prosecutors, whose witnesses have repeatedly helped bolster the defense’s case. Mr. Zimmerman has said he shot Mr. Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, in self-defense after he was attacked on a drizzly night in February 2012.

Prosecutors say that Mr. Zimmerman, who identifies as Hispanic, racially profiled Mr. Martin, who was black, and followed the teenager through the town house complex where Mr. Zimmerman lived and Mr. Martin, of Miami, was visiting.

On Monday, jurors watched and listened to audio and visual recordings of a calm and willing Mr. Zimmerman being interviewed by the police shortly after the shooting. One officer testified that Mr. Zimmerman had shown no trace of malice or ill intent. After prosecutors probed inconsistencies in Mr. Zimmerman’s story — he said that Mr. Martin had jumped out of the bushes, although no bushes were found at the place he indicated — two police officers who took the stand said that the discrepancies were slight and that the broad narrative of self-defense offered by Mr. Zimmerman remained largely unchanged.

Mark Osterman, a federal air marshal who described Mr. Zimmerman as “the best friend I’ve ever had,” and who wrote a book about the shooting, recounted on Tuesday what Mr. Zimmerman told him about the events of Feb. 26, 2012, the day of the killing.

Mr. Osterman’s account largely matched what Mr. Zimmerman — who was photographed bleeding after the killing — told the police. There was one exception: Mr. Osterman’s contention that, according to Mr. Zimmerman, Mr. Martin had grabbed his gun but that he managed to get it back. That contradicted Mr. Zimmerman’s account to the police, in which he said Mr. Martin seemed to be reaching for his gun.

Other pieces of testimony may also have reflected poorly on Mr. Zimmerman. Officer Serino, who took the stand again on Tuesday, said the expletives that Mr. Zimmerman used as he was pursuing Mr. Martin connoted ill will — a necessary component in a second-degree murder conviction. The police officers were also clearly disturbed that Mr. Zimmerman, a community watch volunteer, seemed to have pursued Mr. Martin on foot after a police operator had told him he need not do so. Last week, a young woman who had been on the phone with Mr. Martin that night testified that he told her he was being followed by a “creepy” man, and that she later heard her friend crying, “Get off, get off.”

One of the clearest witness accounts of the fight that proved damaging to the prosecution came from John Good, a neighbor of Mr. Zimmerman’s. He testified last week that he saw a person in dark clothes on top of and repeatedly striking someone light skinned who was lying on the ground and wearing red or white. Mr. Zimmerman was wearing a red jacket that night.

Jurors also heard Tuesday from Dr. Valerie Rao, a medical examiner in Jacksonville, Fla., who concluded after studying photos that Mr. Zimmerman’s injuries were “very insignificant” and “not life threatening,” and that scrapes on the back of his head could have come from just one strike against the sidewalk. Her testimony cast doubt on Mr. Zimmerman’s claim that Mr. Martin struck him repeatedly, banging his head on the pavement, causing him to fear for his life. But under cross-examination by Mark O’Mara, one of Mr. Zimmerman’s lawyers, Dr. Rao conceded that Mr. Zimmerman’s injuries could have come from multiple blows.

Mr. O’Mara also noted that Angela Corey, the special prosecutor in the case, had recommended that Dr. Rao be appointed, although she insisted that had no bearing on her testimony. The state also presented a television interview from 2012 with Mr. Zimmerman by Sean Hannity, the Fox News host, in which Mr. Zimmerman recounted his version of events before adding, “I feel that it was all God’s plan,” as Mr. O’Mara squirmed by his side.

The Sanford police did not charge Mr. Zimmerman in the killing, citing insufficient evidence and Florida’s expansive “stand your ground” law, but that decision provoked national protests. Six weeks later, after Ms. Corey was assigned to the case, Mr. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder.

But many legal experts said this week that the state had overreached and that it should have filed manslaughter charges. The jury can still find Mr. Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter, but it would fall to the prosecutors to argue for that result without appearing to concede a weakness in their case.

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

Correction: July 2, 2013
    Because of an editing error, an earlier version of this article identified Mark O’Mara as one of Trayvon Martin’s lawyers. He is one of George Zimmerman’s lawyers.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Zimmerman's interest in police work fair game at trial

Yamiche Alcindor, USA TODAY 10:25 a.m. EDT July 3, 2013

The defendant has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder — claiming self-defense — in the 2012 shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

SANFORD, Fla. — The jury at George Zimmerman's murder trial can be told about his rejection letter from a Virginia police department, his course work for a class that discussed self-defense and stand-your-ground laws, and his application to do a police ride-along, Judge Debra Nelson ruled Wednesday.
    "The testimony is substantive," Nelson said, overruling an objection by Zimmerman's lawyer.
    Zimmerman, 29, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder — claiming self-defense — in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, last year.
    Assistant State Attorney Richard Mantei said the records show Zimmerman had a continuous interest in becoming a police officer, understood police techniques, and understood criminal investigations.
    Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney, said the records were irrelevant and didn't show Zimmerman's state of mind when he shot Trayvon. He called the prosecution effort a "fishing expedition."
    With the ruling, the jury will learn that in July 2009 Zimmerman's application to be a Prince William, Va., police officer was rejected, and that in March 2010 he applied for a police ride-along.
    The ruling also means the jury will see Zimmerman's homework he did toward an associate's degree in criminal justice. Zimmerman was set to graduate in spring 2012, the jury will learn. They'll also learn that Zimmerman had access to literature about how to "excel as a witness" and the theory behind Florida's stand-your-ground and self-defense law.
    "It certainly goes to a state of mind," said Mantei who added that the records show Zimmerman carried wanted to be a police officer.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Army prosecutor says Zimmerman earned an 'A' in his law enforcement class
    Published July 03, 2013
    FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/03...#ixzz2Xzek3Wpb

Prosecutors won the right to introduce a bevy of evidence related to George Zimmerman's interest in law enforcement, and wasted no time as the neighborhood watch volunteer's trial for the murder of Florida teen Trayvon Martin resumed Wednesday.

After a morning hearing in which the judge ruled information about Zimmerman's studies and unsuccessful application for a police job in Virginia was admissible, prosecutors called a military prosecutor who taught a criminal procedure class at Seminole State College in which Zimmerman earned an A.

"He was probably one of the better students in the class," said Alexis Francisco Carter, an officer in the U.S. military JAG corps.

Whe defense attorney Don West cross-examined Carter, and pointed out Zimmerman at the defense table, the military lawyer smiled at the defendant.

"How you doing, George?" Carter said.

Prosecutors want to show that Zimmerman aspired to be a police officer and knew about Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which says there is no duty to retreat if one is confronted with potentially lethal force. Prosecutors now plan to introduce evidence about a college criminal justice course the defendant took that included course work on Florida's self-defense law. The testimony appears aimed at bolstering the state's claim he was an aggressive, wannabe cop.

Click here for full coverage of the George Zimmerman Trial

Prosecutors also introduced a job application Zimmerman made to the Prince William County, Va., police department in Virginia in 2009 and an application to ride around with Sanford police officers in 2010.

There was also speculation Wednesday that the state may call Martin's mom, Sybrina Fulton, to take the stand. Both of Martin's parents have been present for the trial every day.

On Tuesday, a medical examiner testified that George Zimmerman's injuries were "insignificant" and could have been the result of a single blow as prosecutors continued to make their case that the neighborhood watch volunteer was not simply defending himself when he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Dr. Valerie Rao, who was called by the prosecution to provide her assessment of Zimmerman's injuries based on photos, cast doubt on Zimmerman's claim his head was repeatedly bashed against the pavement as he fought with Martin in the Feb. 26, 2012 incident.

"The injuries are so minor that the word slam implies great force," Rao said in response to questioning by prosecutor John Guy. "There was not great force used here."

Rao said Zimmerman's injuries were not only "not life threatening" but were also "very insignificant." She said the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head were consistent with hitting the ground but the injuries on his face were from consistent with one punch or strike.

Under questioning by defense attorney Mark O'Mara, Rao acknowledged she was appointed by state attorney Angela Corey, who is overseeing the prosecution of Zimmerman. She also conceded that while Zimmerman's injuries were consistent with one punch, it does not mean that he was not hit repeatedly.

"Could it of been four times?" O'Mara asked Rao, who replied, "That's not my opinion but it is possible."

Earlier, Zimmerman's best friend and the author of a book defending him testified that when he drove Zimmerman home from the Sanford Police Station, Zimmerman told him Martin grabbed hold of his gun as the two grappled in the gated community.

"Somehow I broke his grip on the gun when the guy grabbed between the grip and hammer," Mark Osterman, author of "Defending our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America," said, quoting Zimmerman whom he also he described as "stunned" and "detached" as he drove Zimmerman and his wife home.

"He had a stunned look on his face," Osterman said, "He was wide-eyed. A little bit detached."

Osterman also said that Zimmerman told him that he got out of his truck after seeing the 17-year-old Martin walking through two buildings, which he thought was suspicious.

A video was played before the court in the afternoon of Zimmerman's interview on Fox News Channel's Hannity in which he retells the events of the incident as well as his injuries.

Earlier Tuesday, the lead police detective who investigated the shooting, took the stand for a second day and said the defendant's story remained consistent throughout the investigation. Sanford Police Det. Christopher Serino, who initially wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter but was overruled, said under cross examination by Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O'Mara that the neighborhood watch volunteer stuck to the same story and was cooperative. Although he said he considered Zimmerman's injuries to be minor, he said he found nothing to prompt him to doubt the 29-year-old's story, that he shot Martin in self-defense as he was being beaten.

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda emphasized profane language Zimmerman used on a 911 call as he observed Martin walking through the gated community, and asked Serino if Zimmerman's use of "a--holes" and "f---ing punks" indicated Zimmerman might have been profiling and following Martin.

The prosecutor also attempted to point out inconsistencies in Zimmerman's statements to Serino, including the defendant's claim that that he could not find the street address. De La Rionda also asked the former lead investigator, "Did George Zimmerman exaggerate the manner in which he was hit?" Serino replied that he felt that he did.

But O'Mara attempted to quell the prosecution's claim that Zimmerman's use of bad language show "ill will" and "spite" bay asking Serino if he would, "agree that a------ is used as a slang term?" the witness replied, "I have used it before."

O'Mara also asked Serino, "Did you think there was anything wrong with Mr. Zimmerman following Trayvon Martin?"

Serino replied, "Legally speaking, no."

Although Serino acknowledged to De la Rionda that Zimmerman had no reason to believe Martin was armed, O'Mara, noting Zimmerman claims to have shot Martin while the youth was bashing his head into the pavement, asked Serino if Martin was "armed with concrete." Serino replied that he was.

The defense attorney asked if Zimmerman's neighborhood had a "rash" of burglaries before the shooting. Serino said he did not believe there to be a crime spree but added that the defendant had believed there was.

Serino testified Monday that at first he did not believe Zimmerman's story, but when he told Zimmerman the fatal, February, 2012 encounter may have been caught on video, Zimmerman's response of "Thank God" changed his mind, Serino said.

Serino's Monday testimony became the latest prosecution witness to appear to do more harm than good to the state's case, recalling a somber conversation that touched on Zimmerman's faith and the fear he said he felt when Martin told him "You're going to die tonight."

On Tuesday, De La Rionda sought to mitigate the damage done by Serino's Monday testimony, getting the detective to concede that, as a neighborhood watch volunteer, Zimmerman would know there were no surveillance cameras. And, he said, Zimmerman would have known if Martin had taped the encounter on his cellphone.

"So he basically knew you were bluffing?" De La Rionda said, before an objection from the defense was sustained.

Zimmerman could get life in prison if convicted of second-degree murder. The state argued during its opening statement that Zimmerman profiled and followed Martin in his truck and called a police dispatch number before he and the teen got into a fight.

Over the first five days of testimony, jurors heard 911 calls from neighbors that included cries for help and the fatal gunshot. Zimmerman's attorneys are adamant that he is the one screaming on the recordings, while Martin's parents have said it's their son.

Jurors also listened to more than six hours of testimony from Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel, who testified that she was talking on the phone with the teen as the fight started.

She testified that Martin told her he was being followed by "a creepy-ass cracker." But it was her testy cross-examination exchanges with defense attorney Don West that commanded the most attention.

West attacked inconsistencies in multiple statements she gave attorneys and law enforcement officials about what she heard, including whether she heard Martin say "Get off! Get off!"

There also was conflicting testimony from neighbors that witnessed parts of the struggle between Martin and Zimmerman. Some said it appeared the larger Zimmerman was straddling Martin, but neighbor Jonathan Good said it appeared Martin was on top.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/03...#ixzz2Xzeh9oRT
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I'm afraid this is a no go.

If you think about it, YOU as a concealed weapons permit holder MUST KNOW the laws.

So what if he not only knew the law, he knew it well????

How the HELL can this be used against you?

July 3, 2013 5:50 AM

George Zimmerman trial: Prosecutors want jury to hear evidence about Zimmerman's knowledge of self-defense laws
    This line of argument is horseshit. We're constantly told by the State and law enforcement when people get jammed up for stupid shit that, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

All of the sudden when it is in the State's interest they're arguing, "You know too much about the law and that gives you motive."

How the hell does that work?!?!

Thread Information