Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Trayvon Martin Shooting - George Zimmerman

Thanks

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Shooting

O&A brought this dimwit woman up on this morning's show.

It's amazing that they can just stand there and lie like that.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I'd like to remind people that the United States of America is NOT South Africa.... where this happened because of the apartheid in the 1980s. There was a very specific type of hatred and race separation there. It existed, just like slavery did ONCE a LONG time ago in this country.

Unfortunately, slavery has come back in a different form to America.

(See the "Keep Working" thread).
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, round two: Unanswered questions (Video)

Comment | Tweet Share | | Email | RSS | More |

Photo: Zimmerman's home at Retreat at Twin Lakes, the community where the shooting took place AP Friday, March 30, 2012 - Life Lines: Where Readers Write by Martha M. Boltz
    Martha M. Boltz

Ask me a question.

Follow Us On

Follow @wtcommunities

VIENNA, Va., March 30, 2012 — Amid all the charges, counter-charges, late release of tapes, interviews, etc. regarding the tragic February night and the meeting of Trayvon Martin and the over-zealous community watchman, George Zimmerman, it seems that more and more reality is finally emerging.

For reasons unknown, the “truth” of what happened that night has been carefully kept under wraps on all sides, leading to cover-to-cover stories in all media.

Here are some questions that need answers:

* Why didn’t the Sanford Police acknowledge that Zimmerman HAD been arrested, been placed in the back of a squad car, and taken in for questioning?

* If photographs were made of his alleged injuries – a broken nose, abrasions on the back of his head, etc. – why have we not seen them? [I broke my nose once, in a kitchen fall, and I can tell you there was a lot of blood, everywhere.]

* Why have there been no photographs or information released as to any injury sustained by Martin in the alleged physical altercation?

* Why could the mortuary, which handled Trayvon’s remains for burial, say that there were no abrasions, cuts or bruises on his body, or on his hands, save for the one 9-mm.-gunshot wound in his chest?

* Why did it take over two days for his parents to be advised of their teenager’s death? Assuming he had some form of identification in his pockets, most kids do, as well as a cell phone, which could have been examined, for information.

*If Zimmerman was chasing Martin and caught up to him and/or Martin attacked Zimmerman and knocked him to the ground, as one witness has said, and was seen on top of him, punching him, how in the world did Martin end up about 180 degrees from where Zimmerman states the fight happened, lying on his back?

*Why would Zimmerman now say he was the one hollering for help? Even if he were on the ground, it was he who had a hefty automatic handgun, with which he could have knocked Martin on the head rather than shooting him. Admittedly hindsight is 20-20, but the question remains.

* Why does the police department’s video of Zimmerman’s arrival not show a “battered” Zimmerman much less blood on his face and clothes?

If we ever get those questions and others answered, the events of that evening may be answered.

The examination of the gated community crime scene indicates that the yards of the neighborhood are basically connected, with nowhere to hide, although Zimmerman said he “lost sight of Martin” who was going in a straight line, about two houses from his father’s.

To begin with, it seems that Zimmerman was in violation of some of the primary principles of Neighborhood Watch Manuals, which state that members should realize “that they do not possess police powers, and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles,” much as the Sanford police told Zimmerman that night on the phone.

Recent photo of Trayvon from Facebook

We now learn that young Martin had been suspended from school three times for various infractions, including applying graffiti to school grounds and property. On some previous occasion, his book bag was searched and found to contain an empty plastic baggie with traces of marijuana (THC) in it as well as a large amount of jewelry including several wedding rings, brooches, watches, etc. and some sort of implement that was quickly identified by police as a burglary tool though no charges were brought. So perhaps our choir boy-appearing Trayvon had some skeletons in his teenage closet. I doubt he was alone as many teenagers do.

The story just sits there and simmers, like a pot on a stove. At least we now have a current picture of Trayvon. No, he no longer appears as the photo of the chubby-cheeked kid we first saw, probably taken around age 12 or so. Instead he looks like the 17, almost 18-year-old youth he was, complete with jaunty baseball cap and a gold “grid” on one of his front teeth. He’s also described as over 6’ tall and about 170 lbs., still shorter and lighter than his shooter.

However, that provides no reason, no excuse, no explanation why the community watch/wannabe “police” figure considered him suspicious in appearance, other than for the infamous dark hoodie sweatshirt worn on a misty, rainy night in Florida. Hardly ample reasons for an armed confrontation when the kid asked him, “Why are you following me?” as an acquaintance claimed.

Other assumed conversations have not been verified, and the best witness to what Trayvon said or did will never be able to be heard, thanks to Zimmerman.

We hope that in the coming days and weeks more evidence is revealed, more questions are answered, and what really happened that rainy night will come to light. Trayvon Martin’s family deserves that much, and George Zimmerman needs to be either totally exonerated of any crime or dealt with in the untimely and unnecessary death of Trayvon Martin.
    Follow the column on Face Book or LinkedIn at Martha Boltz, and by email it’s MBoltz2846@aol.comRead more of Martha’s columns on The Civil War at the Communities at the Washington Times.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Anonymous witness to Trayvon Martin shooting describes scene

By Susan Jacobson Orlando Sentinel
    Updated: 11:04 a.m. Friday, March 30, 2012
    Posted: 9:34 a.m. Friday, March 30, 2012

An anonymous witness saw two men on top of each other on the ground, heard yelling and then two loud pops the night George Zimmerman shot teenager Trayvon Martin, the person told CNN'sAnderson Cooper Thursday night.

The witness, whose voice was distorted to protect his or her identity, did not know which man was on top but saw one get up and the other — later identified as Trayvon — face down dead on the ground.

The person spoke out for the first time, CNN reported. It is unclear whether police have interviewed the witness, who apparently lives at Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford where the shooting happened Feb. 26.
    Here is what the witness said:

•A man, later identified as Zimmerman, put his hand to his head after getting up but did not appear injured.
    •It was dark, and the witness — who was watching from a side view — could not tell which man pulled the trigger or see clearly during the struggle, which happened on the grass in the rain.
    •The person saw no blood.
    •The person had closed the window because it was raining but opened it to hear better when the witness realized the voices were not people talking while walking their dogs as usual.

An hour later, also on CNN, Robert Zimmerman Jr. told Piers Morgan that his brother, George, showed "tremendous restraint" during the confrontation with Trayvon.

Echoing statements made a day earlier by their father, Robert Zimmerman Sr., Zimmerman Jr. said:

•Trayvon was trying to disarm George Zimmerman and shoot him with his own gun when Zimmerman shot the Miami Gardens 17-year-old in self-defense. "You return force with force when somebody attacks you," Zimmerman Jr. said.
    •George Zimmerman was out of breath and nearly unconscious after the struggle and remembers moving his head from the concrete to the grass because Trayvon was slamming it into the ground.
    •It was George Zimmerman — not Trayvon, as the boy's family contends — who was hear yelling for help on a 911 tape.
    •It was not a mistake for police to avoid arresting Zimmerman that night, and the legal process should be allowed to play out.
    Last edited by American Patriot; March 30th, 2012 at 16:06.
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Where was this witness a month ago when the police were interviewing witnesses?

Thanks

Very good question.

The people were making asshole comments in the comments section like "Liars. Zimmerman is a LIAR. All the WITNESSES ARE LIARS" etc
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Anyone saying who isn't calling for Zimmerman to be disemboweled, drawn and quartered is a liar! Liar! Liar! He carried a gun just so he could go kill an innocent black yute.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I was having a discussion with my youngest son yesterday, he's 26. He said "Why haven't they arrested the guy? He needs to be tried so they can prove him innocent".

I said "It doesn't WORK that way. He IS innocent".

He argued that "He shot the kid and admitted it, that makes him guilty."

I said "Nope... in the USA you are INNOCENT until PROVED guilty, not guilty until proved innocent. This is the WHOLE problem. What if some guy walks up and hits you in the face and knocks you down and then jumps on top of you and starts beating you, what would you do if YOU were carrying a weapon?"

He said, "I'd probably shoot him if I couldn't remove him..." (My son is a 6'-something very powerfully built guy. I don't know how much he can bench press but I can't beat him at arm wrestling any more. He has 15.25" biceps so he is sure he wouldn't get knocked down in the first place LOL!)

Anyway - the LESSON I personally got from this is even though he is relatively Conservative - he also doesn't GRASP law. He doesn't GET the idea of difference in Innocent til proved guilty, and Guilty til proved innocent.

THIS is the true problem here.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Trayvon Martin lawyers intensify call for arrest amid more evidence leaks

New eyewitness account and police station video further negate George Zimmerman's self-defence claim, family lawyers say

Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin with attorney Daryl Parks on Capitol Hill. Photograph: Michael Reynolds/EPA

Lawyers from Trayvon Martin's family have stepped up calls for his killer to be arrested after a new eyewitness and leaked CCTV footage from the police station cast doubt on George Zimmerman's claim that he had acted in self-defence.

The new witness claims he saw the neighbourhood watch captain walking away from the fatal altercation with no blood on him, countering Zimmerman's statement that he sustained a broken nose and bloody injuries to the back of his head.

Leaked CCTV footage from the Sanford police department on the night of the shooting, 26 February, also appears to undermine the claim that he had been injured during the altercation.

The new evidence also directly contradicts leaks from police sources that the evidence backed Zimmerman's claim that the teenager had been the aggressor.

Daryl Parks, attorney for the Florida teenager's parents Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, said that the witness's story and the footage were crucial developments.

"I think Mr Zimmerman will be arrested very, very soon," he said.
    "It answers a lot of questions for me. It is clear this witness saw what happened and indicated the person that he saw that did the shooting.

"The other part that really strikes me is that he seems to have not seen the apparent injuries from this altercation that Mr Zimmerman claims that he suffered."

Zimmerman, who is in hiding, has insisted he acted in self-defence when he shot Martin, 17, during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford, near Orlando. He was questioned but released without charge under Florida's controversial stand-your-ground law, which states a killing is justified if a person uses deadly force fearing his own life or safety to be in jeopardy.

The new witness recounted his version of events on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 in a disguised voice.

"I saw two men on the ground, one on top of the other. I felt they were scuffling and I heard gunshots which to me were more like pops," he said. "I don't know if was an echo but it definitely made more than one pop.

"After the larger man got off there was a boy, obviously now dead, on the ground facing down. It was dark. I can't say I watched him get up, but in a couple of seconds or so he was walking towards where I was watching and I could see him a little bit clearer. It was a Hispanic man.

He didn't appear hurt or anything else. He just kind of seemed very worried with his hand up to his forehead. I saw no blood."

Officials from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), which has been leading the protests demanding justice for the Martin family, told the Guardian that the account was damning.

"It adds credence to what we already knew from the 911 calls and the earlier tapes," said Turner Clayton, president of the group's Sanford chapter. "It punches a lot of holes in the claims of self-defence and Zimmerman's claim that Mr Martin punched his nose and battered his head. None of that is apparent on the video."

Zimmerman's family, meanwhile, have launched a strong defence.
    "You return force with force when somebody assaults you," said his brother, Robert Zimmerman Jr, in a CNN interview.

"George was out of breath, he was barely conscious. There would have been George dead if he had not acted decisively and instantaneously in that moment when he was being disarmed."

The new developments came as official comment on the five-week-old case dried up. Sanford police are referring all calls to the office of state attorney Angela Corey and city officials have already announced they would no longer hold daily briefings for the media.

Corey, the special prosecutor appointed by Florida governor Rick Scott eight days ago to take over the investigation, appealed to be left alone.

"For the sake of all involved, please allow us to do our jobs within the bounds of Florida law," she said in a statement also announcing that official documents, photos and videos relating to the case were now protected under an exemption to public record laws.

She earlier indicated that she might not wait until a grand jury convened for 10 April before deciding if there was enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman.

Derek Turner, national spokesman for the NAACP, told the Guardian: "All we can ask is that the investigation is thorough.

"With everything swirling, our number one priority has always been for Zimmerman's arrest and to have a trial. We are already getting things accomplished and we will keep demanding justice for Trayvon Martin."

More than 3,000 protestors are expected to attend the latest rally in Sanford Saturday morning at which NAACP president Ben Jealous will speak.

But Clayton believed that more pressure would still be needed. "This is not going to go away and nor are we until Mr Zimmerman has been arrested and justice has been served."
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

March 30, 2012 12:44 PM

Trayvon Martin shooting: What do we know?

By
    Julia Dahl
    Topics
    Daily Blotter
    Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman
    (Credit: CBS)
    (CBS) - The shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin has captured the country's attention, sparking rallies, Congressional forums and official resignations. But misinformation abounds. Below, Crimesider addresses common questions about the night Martin was shot by neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman.Photos: Trayvon Martin
    When did the shooting take place?
    George Zimmerman called in a suspicious person report at 7:11 p.m. on February 26 saying he saw someone who looked like he was "up to no good." The dispatcher asked the suspect's race, and Zimmerman said he thought he looked like a black male. A Sanford police officer was dispatched to The Retreat at Twin Lakes and arrived at the residential community in Sanford, Fla., at 7:17 p.m. As the first officer arrived on the scene, he received another report from dispatch, this time of shots fired.
    Whose voice is heard screaming on the 911 tape?
    This information is in dispute. Several residents called 911 to report a disturbance and on one of these recorded calls screams are audible. Martin's family insists the screams were Trayvon's, while Zimmerman's family says the screams were George's.
    Why wasn't George Zimmerman arrested?
    Zimmerman was taken into custody by the Sanford police, but released without charges. Zimmerman told police Martin attacked him and he shot the teen in self-defense. Then-chief Bill Lee determined that "until we can establish probable cause to dispute [his claim of self-defense], we don't have the grounds to arrest him."
    Under Florida law, a citizen "has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."
    This so-called "stand your ground" law was passed in 2005.
    The case is now being investigated by a special prosecutor, as well as the Department of Justice.
    Was George Zimmerman injured when police arrived?
    According to the report given by Officer Timothy Smith, the first on the scene, Zimmerman's "back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."
    On Wednesday, March 28, George Zimmerman's father, Robert, told Fox Orlando affiliate WOFL that Martin punched his son, breaking his nose and knocking him to the ground.
    "It is my understanding that Trayvon Martin got on top of him and just started beating him, in the face, in his nose, hitting his head on the concrete," said Robert Zimmerman.
    A video released Wednesday shows Zimmerman with police just 40 minute after the shooting and he does not have any obvious injuries to his head, and when CBS affiliate WFOR in Miami interviewed the funeral director who prepared Martin's body for burial, he said "we could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle." Richard Kurtz said that if he had found bruises on Martin's knuckles, he would have covered them up.
    On Thursday, Zimmerman's brother, Robert Zimmerman, Jr., told CNN's Piers Morgan that he believed medical records would show his brother's nose was broken. No medical records have been released.
    Did George Zimmerman utter a racial slur on the 911 call?
    It has been alleged that while he was on the phone with the 911 operator and following Martin, George Zimmerman whispered "f***ing coons." The quality of the audio is poor, and Zimmerman's father said he has never heard his son use a racial slur.

This CNN segment shows reporter Gary Tuchman and an audio expert listening to the tape.
    If Zimmerman did use the slur, it could allow the federal government to charge him with a hate crime.

George Zimmerman was originally identified as white. Then his family said he was Hispanic. Which is it?
    Zimmerman is identified as "white" in the original police report. However, according to CBS News investigative producer Pia Malbran, who has been reporting from Miami, police in Florida routinely label Hispanics who don't have black skin as "white," even if they have ethnic facial features. The Associated Press reports that Zimmerman's mother, Gladys, is originally from Peru. Both she and George Zimmerman identified themselves as "Hispanic" in their voter registrations. Robert Zimmerman, George's father, lists himself as white.
    Was Trayvon Martin on the telephone with someone before he was killed?
    On March 20, Benjamin Crump, the attorney representing Trayvon Martin's family, played an audio recording that he said was a recorded affidavit from a young women who says she was on the phone with Martin just before he was shot. In it, Crump said the girl said Martin told her he was being followed. She allegedly told him to run, but he said he would walk fast. Crump says she overheard some of Zimmerman's confrontation with Martin, but the call got cut off and she did not hear the gunshot. Crump said the girl is a minor and does not want her name released.
    Zimmerman's father says he does not believe the girl's story.
    How do Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman compare in terms of body size?
    There is some inconsistency in reports of Martin and Zimmerman's height and weight. In the original police report, Martin is described as being 6' tall and weighing 160 pounds. But his family told CBS News that he was 6' 2" and between 140-150 pounds. Zimmerman is described in the police report as standing 5' 9" tall, with no weight listed. In a 2005 police report, Zimmerman's ex-fiance describes him as 5' 7" and according to the Miami Herald he weighs about 200 pounds.

Had George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin ever been in trouble with the law?
    On Monday, Florida authorities told the Associated Press that Martin had no juvenile record, and his uncle Ronald Fulton told Crimesider that the teen had never been arrested. According to the Miami Herald, Martin was investigated in October after a school police officer found women's jewelry in his backpack, but the jewelry reportedly did not match any that had been reported stolen. At the time of his death, Martin was serving a school suspension after police there found a plastic bag with traces of marijuana in it in his backpack, reports the Miami Herald.
    George Zimmerman was arrested in July 2005 on charges of felony resisting arrest with violence and battery on a police officer. The charges were reduced to a single misdemeanor and eventually dropped.
    A month later, Zimmerman's ex-fiancee filed a temporary order of protection against him, and he counter-filed against her. The court granted both orders. As part of the order, Zimmerman was prohibited from having a firearm or ammunition. The order was lifted in August 2006.
    Complete coverage of the Trayvon Martin case on Crimesider
    Editor's note: This post has been updated to clarify the fact that George Zimmerman did not refer to Trayvon Martin's race until asked about it by a dispatcher.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Trayvon Martin family attorney: George Zimmerman is a vigilante

Published March 29, 2012 | Hannity | Sean Hannity
    Special Guests: Daryl Parks, attorney

This is a rush transcript from "Hannity," March 29, 2012. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: And tonight, we have new information out of Florida regarding the tragic shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman. Now, our Fox affiliate in Orlando, WOFL got an exclusive interview with Zimmerman's father Robert. Now, he says that his son followed Trayvon, so he could give police a cross street for his location. Here's what his father says happened, next.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP/WOFL)
    ROBERT ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE ZIMMERMAN'S FATHER: He went to the next street, realized where he was and he was walking back to his vehicle. It's my understanding that at that point Trayvon Martin walked up to him, asked him, do you have a (bleep) problem? George said, no, I don't have a problem. And started to reach for his cell phone. At that point, he was punched in the nose, his nose was broken and he was knocked to the concrete. Trayvon Martin got on top of him and just started beating him -- in the face, in his nose, hitting his head on the concrete.
    UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN: And did Trayvon Martin say anything to your son as this was going on?
    ZIMMERMAN: Umm, after nearly a minute of being beaten, George was trying to get his head off the concrete, trying to move with Trayvon on him, into the grass. In doing so, his firearm was shown. Trayvon Martin said something to the effect of you're going to die now or you're going to die tonight, something to that effect. He continued to beat George. And at some point, George pulled his pistol and did what he did.
    (END VIDEO CLIP)
    HANNITY: And joining me now is one of the Martin family attorneys, and that's Daryl Parks. Mr. Parks, thank you, sir, for being with us.
    DARYL PARKS, MARTIN TRAYVON FAMILY ATTORNEY: Good evening.
    HANNITY: I appreciate it. And look, any time we have a 17-year-old young man killed, it's a tragedy. I think we all agree with this. And our thoughts and prayers, I want to communicate to you, go out to the family. Let me ask you this, do you find in some ways, are we at a point where there has been a rush to judgment? In other words, you know, I've noticed some of your comments and you said that you want Mr. Zimmerman arrested. You want him charged. But do you know these full circumstances, do you leave open the possibility as Robert Zimmerman talks about, the story that his son told him about what happened that night, that maybe something, there are factors here that you don't understand, not having been there?
    PARKS: Well, that's always a possibility, Mr. Hannity. However, in this situation, we have several things that we know that is true. We have a 911 tape where he says, he's following the young man. He is suspicious for no reason. The operator tells him not to get out of his car. He gets out of his car. He is chasing him. We hear him breathing very hard. He engages Trayvon.
    Now we know, as late as today that we have a witness who was an eyeball witness who saw Mr. Zimmerman on top and saw him shoot Trayvon while he's on the bottom. And we have Mr. Zimmerman saying, yes, I did shoot him.
    Now, whether or not he is guilty or not is not the issue when it comes to arresting someone. He should be arrested and a court of law decide whether or not he's guilty or innocent.
    HANNITY: I understand that. But we also had a witness that was there and available that very first night and he has a very contradictory statement. His statement was that he saw Trayvon on top of Mr. Zimmerman and pounding his head into the concrete and into the cement. And just to -- just to point out one other thing, is that according to Zimmerman's side, he was walking back to his car when he says he was confronted, in fact, by Trayvon. And so obviously, we have -- we have conflicting stories here.
    PARKS: But Mr. Hannity, when you have conflicting statements in any situation, right? We have enough for probable cause. I think no one can refute that. So what, we have conflicting statements. He should be arrested. We go to court, we'll let the court decide.
    HANNITY: But you are talking about one witness that came out today. But the police spoke to the one eyewitness that night that said he saw Trayvon on top of Mr. Zimmerman, pushing his head into the ground, his injuries with a broken nose and lacerations to the back of his head were consistent, were they not, with the story that the eyewitness was talking about?
    PARKS: Well, we have something to contradict that. Now we see pictures of Mr. Zimmerman --
    HANNITY: What is that?
    PARKS: Well, the pictures from the Sanford Police Department when the police cruiser is in the bay, Mr. Zimmerman gets out of the vehicle. We see him get out. We don't see any blood on the shirt.
    HANNITY: Well, hang on a second.
    PARKS: -- on the jacket.
    HANNITY: He was treated by a medic, was he not? At the scene?
    PARKS: But he claims to have blood all over his body. Do you see any blood on the jacket, on his shirt? No you don't.
    HANNITY: No. But The Daily Caller actually focused in and it appeared that they saw an injury to the back of the head which would have been consistent with the laceration. And either he had a broken nose or he didn't have a broken nose. And according to the -- there was another witness that came out, Fox 35 in Orlando, interviewed a woman that said that the blood was -- was kind of all over the place and that she saw the injury to -- Mr. Zimmerman's face.
    PARKS: Well, if she said there was blood all over the place, we can look at the frame and determine whether or not.
    HANNITY: No, no, no, no. How do you know he didn't change his clothes? In other words, he was treated by a medic. He lived in the neighborhood. Do we know if he changed his clothes?
    PARKS: If he changed his clothes, Mr. Hannity, we have a real problem.
    HANNITY: Why is that?
    PARKS: It's evidence in a murder case.
    HANNITY: It doesn't mean that the clothes were not given to the police. We don't know if we had it or not. We know that -- we also know that there were green stains on the back from grass on the back of Mr. Zimmerman's shirt as well.
    Here's my point. And this is what is very concerning. I don't really know what happened here. And I just think this is a tragedy. I have almost thought from the beginning, if you listen to the 911 call, you hear the comments of Mr. Zimmerman and he says, uh-oh, he-- in his mind, right or wrong, and it appears it was wrong, thought that he saw somebody that he didn't recognize in the neighborhood, a neighbor that had experienced crime recently. He talked about, quote, "acting strange, reaching for a waistband." So, at least in his mind, he thought there was some threat.
    Secondly, then you have Trayvon, and I can understand from his point of view, probably thinking who is this guy looking at me? Who is this guy on the phone, maybe following me? And you know, I can see where both sides at least emotionally, mentally had a very different perspective of what was going on, which could lead to a horrific tragedy and in this case, the death of an innocent kid.
    PARKS: Mr. Hannity, please, back up a second. First of all, you see Trayvon walking down the street with some skittles and an iced tea.
    HANNITY: He didn't see that. That's not what he said on the 911 tape.
    PARKS: No. He said he was walking down the street. That's what he said.
    HANNITY: Yes, well, I'm only giving you both sides here. And the one side, the Zimmerman side is saying that George Zimmerman told his father that in fact, he was walking back to the car and it was Trayvon who confronted him and threatened him and broke his nose and put these lacerations on the back of the head. Are you denying that that's a possibility?
    PARKS: Let me take you back. OK.
    HANNITY: No, no, no, you can take me back. But is that a possibility that Trayvon broke his nose and pounded his head into the cement? Is that possible.
    PARKS: Well, it's quite possible that he was the one that's instigated the incident when he got out of the vehicle out of the -- and became a vigilante. He started to fight with Trayvon.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Gadsden Co. students hold demonstration for Trayvon Martin

Reported by: Jade Bulecza
    Email: jbulecza@wtxl.tv
    Contributor: Jessica Green
    Last Update: 2:45 pm

Print Story | Share

Slideshow
    Two students hold a sign asking for justice in the Trayvon Martin case

Related Links

QUINCY, Fla. - An estimated 150 students from Crossroads Academy in Gadsden County held a demonstration for Trayvon Martin at the county's courthouse.

The protest was designed to be a quiet, but powerful, demonstration, according to those involved.

Martin is a central Florida teen who police say was shot to death by a neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, in Sanford.

People from all over the nation have gathered behind the movement, holding protests and rallies to bring awareness to the controversial issues surrounding the Martin's investigation and the treatment of the case. They are requesting that Zimmerman be charged, which hasn't happened yet.

The students all donned hooded sweatshirts, or "hoodies", which is what Martin was wearing when he was found dead. Geraldo Rivera made controversial statements regarding Martin's hoodie, saying it had a role in his death by causing Zimmerman to view him as a menace.

Students and officials say they wanted the message to ring clear that wearing a hoodie does not represent suspicious activity.

Some students held Skittles and iced tea, which were also on Martin's person at his time of death.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rush to judgment in Trayvon Martin case

By William J. Bennett, CNN Contributor
    updated 9:41 AM EDT, Fri March 30, 2012

We should be guided by the facts when seeking justice, says William Bennett.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• William Bennett: The death of Trayvon Martin is much more complex than first thought
    • Bennett: Some are not looking for justice, but are exploiting this terrible death
    • He says we don't know if Zimmerman is guilty or if racism was a motivating factor
    • Bennett: We should not rush to conclusions, and should be guided by the facts

Editor's note: William J. Bennett, a CNN contributor, is the author of "The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to Manhood." He was U.S. secretary of education from 1985 to 1988 and director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President George H.W. Bush.
    (CNN) -- At first glance, the death of Trayvon Martin seemed to be a straightforward example of ugly, racial conflict resulting in the killing of an innocent black teenager by a white man, George Zimmerman. But now, as evidence continues to come forward, the facts seem much more complicated and the "obvious truth" premature.
    At first, it was thought that Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain, was the aggressor because he followed Martin, got into a physical scuffle with him and shot him. But then, some witnesses claim that Martin attacked Zimmerman first, and the initial police report said that Zimmerman had blood on his nose and the back of his head after the incident. However, surveillance video footage that surfaced from the police station is leading to questions about the extent of Zimmerman's injuries.
    To make matters more complex, we found out that in the past several months, Martin was suspended from school three times, once for the possession of drug paraphernalia.
    The Miami Herald reported that in the gated community in which Zimmerman patrolled, there were eight burglaries, nine thefts and one shooting in the past year. Neighbors of Zimmerman described him as being passionate about security and credit him with thwarting and cracking some crimes. It was also revealed that Zimmerman identified himself as a Hispanic and was a registered Democrat.
    William Bennett

The facts are confounding and inconclusive. But the tendency in the first days by some, including Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and an angry chorus of followers, was to rush to judgment with little regard for fairness, due process, or respect for the terrible death of a young man
    A mob mentality seems to be in the ascendancy.
    Who does 'Stand Your Ground' protect?
    Zimmerman: Trayvon 'snuck up' on George
    Trayvon Martin witness breaks silence
    JVM: We need to move beyond race
    The New Black Panther Party offered a bounty for Zimmerman's capture.
    Jackson said that Martin's death shows how "blacks are under attack" and "targeting, arresting, convicting blacks and ultimately killing us is big business." Apart from the obvious incendiary nature of such comments, what in heaven's name could Jackson mean?
    Spike Lee fueled the flames by tweeting Zimmerman's home address, which turned out to be the wrong address and resulted in an older couple fleeing from their home and fearing for their lives after threats and crowds outside their residence. Lee, realizing his folly, has since apologized to the couple.
    These actions and words illustrate a problem in dealing with Martin's death: Many people are not on an impartial hunt for justice but are exploiting this crisis for personal or political gain and claiming that it is representative of larger societal problems.
    MSNBC political analyst and Democratic fundraiser Karen Finney blamed Martin's death on Republicans. She said, "[Republican politicians] reinforce and validate old stereotypes that associate the poor and welfare as criminal behavior with African-Americans and people of color, calling us lazy, undeserving recipients of public assistance. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences."
    Martin's own mother, Sybrina Fulton, filed applications for trademarks on two of the popular phrases used at rallies for Martin, "I Am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon." Democrats politicized the event with a hearing on Capitol Hill in which Martin's parents testified. Later, U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Illinois, wore a hoodie on the House floor.
    It's clear that some of the people raising the most noise are trying to make this less about the horrible death of a young man and more about claims of racial resentment that may or may not exist.
    The loudest voices should be particularly careful not to rush to conclusions. Remember the Duke lacrosse case, in which members of the team were accused of a gang rape. The public rushed to judgment long before the young men were eventually acquitted.
    Zimmerman may or may not be guilty; there may or may not be racial motivations. We do not know yet. In the absence of complete evidence, inflammatory comments and belligerent reactions will not aid the search for justice. An angry crowd should not be in charge.
    Lastly, why is there so much selective outrage on the part of so many?
    The leading cause of death for black male teenagers is homicide, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. Of all the black homicide victims, about 93% are killed by other black people. In 2011, nearly 85% of all people murdered in Philadelphia were black. Where are the marches and protests for these victims? Is it justice people seek or are they looking and even hoping for signs of white racism so they can exploit it?
    In his Letter from a Birmingham Jail, Martin Luther King Jr. wrote, "Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust."
    While we wait and respect due process of law, we should do our part to uplift human personality. We can do so by giving both Martin and Zimmerman a just weighing of the evidence, both in the court of law and public opinion. Let us not assume the worst of anybody but be guided by the facts.
    Libertatem Prius!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

So when some people get arrested Obama rushes in to say the Police acted "Stupidly"...

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    TV host Glenn Beck sparks fury by branding Obama racist for a SECOND time

By Jacqui Goddard
    Last updated at 4:24 PM on 30th July 2009

Right-wing talk show host Glenn Beck took 24 hours to consider the storm he sparked by branding President Obama a racist - then said it again.

Beck took time out on his nationally syndicated radio show to defend his comments, made in connection with the arrest of black Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. by a white police officer.

The Fox Network star told his listeners: 'I said yesterday on Fox News & Friends that the president is a racist; I think he has race issues.

'Don't know if he hates whites but there is something going on with the president'Well, I stand by that - I deem him a racist, really, by his own standard of racism - the standard of the left.'

While the Obama White House refused to comment on the accusation, Beck sparked anger from a few liberal commentators and inspired a few jokes on late night TV.

Scroll to the bottom to see Glenn Beck on Fox News

Enlarge
    Accusation: Glenn Beck has accused President Obama of having 'a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture'

Enlarge
    Not commenting: President Obama initially accused police of acting 'stupidly' in arresting the black university professor

Pundits on the centre-left MSNBC channel's Joe Scarborough show dismissed Beck's outburst as attention seeking.

Some bloggers pointed out that Beck makes $30million a year from stirring up controversy - and the Obama racist row is money in the bank for him.

Meanwhile, Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert highlighted the way Beck contradicted himself within 75 seconds.

Beck first claimed Mr Obana has a 'deep-seated hatred for white people', then added: 'I'm not saying that Obama doesn't like white people.'

Colbert told his audience: 'That's not saying Obama doesn't like white people, he's saying he has a deep-seated hatred of them.

'Like how Beck likes arguing but has a deep-seated hatred for logic.'

Beck's intervention came in the wake of the row over the arrest Gates earlier this month as he tried to break into his own home after the front door jammed.

Mr Obama initially accused the police of acting 'stupidly' in arresting the Harvard scholar, a personal friend. But he backed down after the white officer involved, Sergeant James Crowley, defended his actions and was backed by his superiors.

Professor Gates was arrested for 'loud and tumultuous behaviour' after shouting at the officer and questioning whether he had been singled out 'because I'm a black man in America'.

With the 'Gatesgate' affair overshadowing Mr Obama's political agenda during one of the toughest weeks of his presidency, he has invited both the professor and the policeman for a conciliatory beer in the White House garden.

Mr Beck, 45, noted for his table-thumping monologues and a sometimes outspoken position on racial affairs, told 'Fox and Friends' morning show: 'This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy who over and over and over again has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture'.

He was challenged by Fox host Brian Kilmeade who pointed out that most of the people who work for Mr Obama are white and added: 'So you can't say he doesn't like white people'.

Beck replied: 'I'm not saying that he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.'

Enlarge
    Barack Obama would not comment on Glenn Beck yesterday...

Enlarge
    ... but the president did show off his basketball skills while hosting WNBA champs Detroit Shock...

Enlarge
    ... passing a ball behind his back then over his shoulder, without looking, to aide Reggie Love

In another development, the neighbour who called the police has broken her silence at an emotional press conference.

Lucie Whalen, 40, spoke out after the tape of the call was released and showed that she never said the suspected burglar was black. This contradicted Mr Obama's earlier claim the Professor Gates had been a victim of racial profiling.

A tearful Miss Whalen said she had been publicly vilified as a racist after a police report wrongly noted that she told officers the 'burglar' was black.

She said: 'I was a target of scorn and ridicule because of things I never said. Now the tapes are out, I hope people can see that I tried to be careful and honest with my words.'

Enlarge
    Controversial: Henry Louis Gates Jr is arrested at his home in Cambridge, Massachussetts, last week

Enlarge
    Arrest: The police booking photo of scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr
    Her lawyer said the whole saga stemmed from the 'overreaction of three men' - the professor, the police officer and the president - and that Whalen was the one who deserved a beer at the White House.

The Gates affair is the first race controversy Mr Obama has faced since he came to power vowing to govern across racial divides. It has provided an unwelcome distraction from his work on trying to reform the U.S. healthcare system.

With his ratings plunging in recent days, amid waning confidence in his handling of the country's economic woes, it appears the president's honeymoon period is over.

But when Americans are gunned down by a Muslim while screaming "Allahu Akbar" with witnesses...

- FOXNews.com
    - November 06, 2009
    Obama: 'Dont' Jump to Conclusions' on Fort Hood Shooting

President Obama said Friday he met with FBI chief Robert Mueller and other federal agencies to discuss what may have caused Nidal Malik Hasan to turn on his comrades in Thursday's shooting rampage at Fort Hood that left 13 people dead and 28 wounded.

In the wake of the deadliest mass shooting at a U.S. base, President Obama on Friday cautioned against jumping to conclusions on the motive of the suspect.

"We don't know all the answers yet and I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts," Obama said on the White House lawn.

"What we do know is that there are families, friends and an entire nation grieving right now for the valiant men and women who came under attack yesterday," the president said.
    After due process the Administration's final assessment...

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Trayvon Martin Case: Department of Justice to investigate entire Sanford police

By WFTV.com Updated: 4:48 p.m. Wednesday, March 28, 2012
    Posted: 9:43 a.m. Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SANFORD — The Trayvon Martin case is bringing more scrutiny on the Sanford Police Department. The Department of Justice will now investigate all cases handled by the police department, after receiving complaints from Sanford citizens.

It's been more than a month since 17-year-old Martin was killed and only a week since the Department of Justice, the U.S. Attorney's Office and the FBI launched investigations into why George Zimmerman shot him. Now, the Department of Justice is launching another investigation into the entire Sanford Police Department.

"The citizens of Sanford will continue to have some idea that their concerns would be heard by an independent agency when they have issues with the Sanford Police Department," said Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte.

Bonaparte announced the new investigation Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in.

"I am now in the process of talking with the Department of Justice and instituting a mechanism whereby citizens that have concerns or complaints about the Sanford Police Department can have their concerns heard and investigated by an independent agency," Bonaparte said.

WFTV found the investigations could pave the way for a long relationship with federal officials.

After complaints surfaced in Los Angeles and Pittsburgh, the Department of Justice found a pattern of civil rights abuse. Then, it completely took over the departments and entered into "consent decrees" to improve them. The Department of Justice took over the department in LA for eight years and in Pittsburgh for four.

"Only that we are having conversations with the Department of Justice in some of the things they have seen other cities do," Bonaparte said.
    Sanford officials will not know what this will mean for its police force until the Department of Justice tells them what it found.

The Department of Justice has not announced a sweeping investigation yet.

What was supposed to be a peaceful walk-out by students at Martin's school in Miami turned into chaos, and it was all caught on video.

About 100 students can be seen on the video running into a Walgreens near the school. The walk-out was planned as a protest of Martin's death, but the group took it as an opportunity to cause trouble, knocking stuff off shelves. No one was arrested.

George Zimmerman claims he shot Martin in self-defense but now, some state lawmakers want to review Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law because of this case.

The law allows someone to use deadly force if their lives are threatened. Some question whether Zimmerman's life really was in danger.

Democrats want the law re-examined, but Republicans say they want all the facts in this case to come out before moving forward.

Martin's parents used an appearance before a congressional panel to thank the people who helped them turn their son's death into a rallying cry against racial profiling.

Some members of Congress accused the Sanford Police Department of not doing a real investigation.

"They have profiled so much in this case; they decided that they were already going to make the victim, the cause... and let someone walk away without even questioning," said Gregory Meeks, (D) New York.

During the trip to Washington, D.C., Martin's mother told lawmakers that what happened to her son could happen to anyone.

Martin's family is making a move to trademark his name. WFTV discovered that new federal filings show the family has applied for trademarks for the phrases "I am Trayvon" and "Justice for Trayvon."

The family insists that it will not try to profit from Trayvon's name. They say they want to prevent other people from printing any merchandise.
    Trailers and posters for a movie coming out this summer have been pulled out of Florida theaters in the wake of the teen's death.

The movie " is a comedy starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill.

Twentieth Century Fox says the movie has no connection to the Trayvon Martin shooting and they stopped promotions out of respect.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Biden: Trayvon Martin’s Death Should Spark Gun Law Debate

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 12:02pm by Madeleine Morgenstern

CBS

Vice President Joe Biden said the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin should prompt a debate about gun laws, particularly the state’s “Stand Your Ground” statute.

“It’s important that people be put in a position where their Second Amendment rights are protected, but that they also don’t, as a consequence of the laws, unintendedly put themselves in harm’s way,” Biden said in an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

Biden, a former chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said any such discussion would be a state issue, not a federal one. Still, he expressed doubt over the idea that carrying a gun makes people safer.

“The idea that there’s this overwhelming additional security in the ownership and carrying concealed and deadly weapons…I think it’s the premise, not the constitutional right, but the premise that it makes people safer is one that I’m not so sure of,” Biden said.

George Zimmerman, a 28-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer, has claimed self-defense in shooting Martin, who was unarmed. Zimmerman remains free, claiming protection under “Stand Your Ground,” which permits using deadly force rather than retreating in a fight.

“I’m confident the people of Florida will debate and discuss whether or not this law, the Stand Your Ground law, whether is being applied as it was intended to [be] applied and whether or not as intended it makes sense,” Biden said. “But that’s a decision for the state to make.”

Watch the clip below, via CBS:

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Malik Zulu Shabazz: New Black Panthers Planning April 9 ‘Day of Action’

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 9:26pm by Erica Ritz

Scroll down for audio.]

(Photo: Muslim Nation)

The National Chairman of the New Black Panther Party, Malik Zulu Shabazz, appeared on the syndicated radio program The Muslim Street Sunday night to discuss his party’s initiatives regarding Trayvon Martin.

The New Black Panthers made news last week when they released “Wanted: Dead or Alive” posters for George Zimmerman, who shot and killed 17-year old Trayvon Martin, and then offered a $10,000 reward for his capture.

“We wanted, and want, and demand that Zimmerman be brought to justice and brought to trial immediately,” Shabazz said, “and if that had been done we wouldn‘t even be discussing the ’reward’ topic.”

Shabazz continued by revealing a national “day of action” scheduled for April 9, a day before a grand jury is scheduled to begin hearing the case.

“This Saturday in Sanford, Florida the New Black Panther Party will be
    conducting county-wide and state-wide defense training and community patrols to protect against racial violence and attacks, and people like Zimmerman…” he said.

“[Then] On Monday, April 9 we have teamed up with over 300 organizations in a national and international coalition and are calling for a national strike…and a day of absence, where there is no work, no school, and no shopping in the cause of justice for Trayvon and the immediate arrest of Zimmerman and charging him with the appropriate charges.”

He explained: “We’re talking now here about community patrols, laying a structure for defense [training] in the communities where men and women will know how to deal with this violence and police misconduct…and we’re talking about a national strike and using the power of our labor and our dollars to affect justice.”

The New Black Panther Party circulated this "wanted dead or alive" poster for Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman. (Image source: Allvoices.com)

More audio from WTAM-AM (Clearwater, FL):

Complete interview with Malik Zulu Shabazz on WTAM-AM:

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Rev. Al Sharpton says civil disobedience will escalate if George Zimmerman remains free

By Arelis R. Hernandez / The Orlando Sentinel
    Friday, March 30, 2012 - Added 2 days ago

Photo by AP file
    The Rev. Al Sharpton

ORLANDO, Fla. - If George Zimmerman is not arrested in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin soon, the Rev. Al Sharpton says he will call for an escalation in peaceful civil disobedience and economic sanctions.

Sharpton would not say the efforts would be taken against the city of Sanford, Fla., specifically, but he has been critical of the police department’s handling of the case.

Saturday’s scheduled march from Crooms Academy of Information Technology to the Sanford Police Department headquarters was organized by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Coordinators said people will be bused in from other states to participate.

The civil rights activist and syndicated television show host said he will elaborate on this plan Saturday.

"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn’t arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson is also expected to participate in the event.

The case has ignited ire and debate across the nation, galvanizing thousands of Trayvon supporters to the streets and social media, donning hoodies and toting Skittles.

Sanford police this week released a video of a handcuffed George Zimmerman apparently showing no visible signs of physical injury after he claimed that he shot the 17-year-old teenager in self-defense.

Zimmerman’s family members have come to his defense on national news networks, releasing details about his version of what happened the night of Feb. 26 when police found the teen face down in wet grass.

Sharpton said the recent revelations only underscore the need for an immediate arrest and trial.

"Whether he (Zimmerman) had a swollen or broken nose, neither one means he had to take a 9 mm and kill someone," he said. "It’s not about saying Zimmerman is innocent or guilty, this is about whether there was probable cause to arrest him."

He criticized the way authorities have released information about the case and said they are setting a harmful precedent, he said.

Sanford city officials announced several road closures in anticipation of the march.

(49) Comments | Post / Read Comments

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll bring the party favors.

Thanks

I'll get the beer....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information