Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Fires

Thanks

Default Re: Colorado Wild Fires

It looks like Hell here. The north side, Woodman and I-25 is covered in a heavy red cloud.

It is looking like hell. Embers and Ash in the air. Fires are going to be carried to city. OMG.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Temps here hit over 100. The winds are 30+ mph 55+ gusts. God.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

My son is panicking already. He's a few miles from Woodman and I-25... I told him to calm down, go home and get his crap packed. Rendezvous at my place is the main place to go. I'm the farthest east.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This fire is following the western edge of the city, along the mountain range. AFA is being evacuated now.

New areas are being added to the north for pre evacuation. Many many folks displaced. I can only estimate somewhere around 20,000 right now (I have no new reports).

Smoke is moving East to Peyton, Ellicot.

Some of our friends are reasonably certain their houses are gone now. No CONFIRMED structures are burned, but we don't need confirmation to know. There is no way some of those places were missed.

The fire is jumping 1/4 to 1/2 MILE at a jump, missing some areas, but those areas are being burned now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Sad... lots of houses are gone... none confirmed, but we can see the video now.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ash is landing all over the city. My daughter is north of me, reporting it. We've seen it. Wind is getting slower.... but it's still high on mountains.

This is really, really sucking for people.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Fires are burning about 6 miles from my house in the garden of the Gods. Maybe 7 miles. Mostly this beast moved NORTH and the fire has been fanned hard by winds.

The winds are still pretty strong.

Many houses are gone, the Flying W Ranch is ALL gone, completely engulfed by the.

The Air Force Academy, ALL of it, has been evacuated (as we speak).
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Multiple structures have been impacted. No counts yet. This is confirmed now.

Winds were 65 mph when this flamed up. WOW, 65 MPH.
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Hang in there, Rick. Let me know if you need another truck to help your family evac.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

The Air Force Academy:

Thanks

Rick, here's a picture of that area you had described in your email:

Thanks

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Oh my gosh! That's astounding. It looks like Hell is coming down the mountain.

Thanks

It really does...

Thanks

Been doing some reading... As a resident of the Midwest, I had no idea about this but, I've read that beetles have killed whole swaths of pine forest in the Colorado area. On top of that environmental regulations have prevented proper forest management to remove those dead trees. As a result, there is a large amount of fuel for these fires. Do I have this right?

If so, hoo boy...

At Christmas, we've usually just used an artificial tree but a couple years ago we got a good deal on a real one. After Christmas, we took the tree out to the burn pile and burned it. When it caught, that thing burned like it was doused with gasoline and looked like a blowtorch. I think the flames were about 15-20 feet high! I can't imagine that on such a large scale...

Thanks

Hmm, bald white guy firebug?

------------

Suspicious Fire In Fremont County

[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/300*187/11breaking.jpg[/IMG]

MEDIA RELEASE - Suspicious Fire - June 26, 2012
    Authorities are investigating a suspicious grass fire that was spotted by passing motorists at 8:30 pm Monday along County Road 28 in the Copper Gulch area west of Canon City. Firefighters from Deer Mountain Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the fire that was approximately 50 feet by 20 feet is size and about 40 feet off of the roadway. Witnesses reported seeing a white male in his early 20’s, approximately 6’, 200 lbs, shaved head (appeared to have blond hair), short goatee, wearing a white tee shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes walking away from the fire. The male, who refused to help witnesses who asked for assistance in putting the fire out, quickly left the area in a 90’s silver 4 door Toyota Camry. The male’s involvement in the fire is unknown at this time but he is considered a person of interest. Anyone with information on the fire or the above described individual is asked to call the Fremont County Sheriff’s dispatch at 719-784-3411.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Ryan, you got the pine beetle and environmental thing correct. This is and will be part of the problem. Environmentalists fought to get laws to prevent "clearing of the forests, to leave them natural". This is what nature does when you let her take her course.

Personally I think this is all part of their hidden eco-terroism agenda to kill all the humans (at least those who happen to have money and buy expensive homes that have great views on the sides of mountains).

My wife and I are safe. We watched pretty much in horror last night as fires were burning in the Garden of the Gods. My view to the north is blocked by houses and a slight hill behind me, and the smoke was so thick at times we couldnt see the fires even, just their glow. I know what it is like to walk through Hell now, judging from the view... a ugly orange glow, smoke that chokes you, and burns your eyes.

My youngest son, Nick lives north of us and was exactly one mile off the Freeway from his apartment. The fires were burning on the other side of I-25 and he was panicking a bit. He finally took my advice and just took the stuff he wanted to save and went with friends in Security (South of us and under no threat of fire).

My daughter and grand kids (oldest daughter) lives north about 5 miles and she could see the homes burning.

My other daughter lives south of us, shes in no danger. My self and my son Patrick live two blocks apart and he was over here yesterday several times making sure we were "ready to go" (he is now-medically-retired one who was in Iraq). If I did anything right, I taught them all to be prepared. Kristy (eldest daughter) was fine and had everything packed up. Her husband is logistic chief for the Memorial Hospital and he was on call last night.

Right now it's 85 or so outside, sun is shining bright, I'm staying home to care for my wife who had major dental surgery yesterday. The wind is at 6 mph or so on my side of town, out of the south and south east. The planes are flying, I heard them a few minutes ago, though can not see them at the moment.

If they fire fighters have any chance of containing this thing, it will be this morning on the north side. I'll get more information and let you know later.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Google Earth overlay for the US Forest Service Active Fire Mapping Program:

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/data...AFM_bundle.kml

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Hmm, bald white guy firebug?

------------

Suspicious Fire In Fremont County

MEDIA RELEASE - Suspicious Fire - June 26, 2012
    Authorities are investigating a suspicious grass fire that was spotted by passing motorists at 8:30 pm Monday along County Road 28 in the Copper Gulch area west of Canon City. Firefighters from Deer Mountain Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the fire that was approximately 50 feet by 20 feet is size and about 40 feet off of the roadway. Witnesses reported seeing a white male in his early 20’s, approximately 6’, 200 lbs, shaved head (appeared to have blond hair), short goatee, wearing a white tee shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes walking away from the fire. The male, who refused to help witnesses who asked for assistance in putting the fire out, quickly left the area in a 90’s silver 4 door Toyota Camry. The male’s involvement in the fire is unknown at this time but he is considered a person of interest. Anyone with information on the fire or the above described individual is asked to call the Fremont County Sheriff’s dispatch at 719-784-3411.
    This was one of the things I caught last night. I'm not sure this guy is connected. Freemont County is pretty far South West of us, on the other side of Pueblo County. But could be. Who the guy is, or why he might want to kill thousands of people and burn down hundreds of homes, I have no idea.

I will stick with the terrorism theory for now until they catch SOMEONE. But if his name is changed from John Smith to "Mohammad Wallid Saddam" or some bullshit, you can bet your ass this city is going to go get him and lynch him.

Chances are, if his name is still John Smith he won't even make it to court if they catch him.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ok... 15,000 acres have been involved so far. The Academy has fires around it as pictured in the images Ryan posted only worse now. It's under threat of burning.

Larkspur (20 MILES up the road!) where there is a tiny town on the west side of the road, and is host to the Renaissance Festival every year has been given pre-evacuation orders.

Renfest runs through July and is a huge tourist attraction from surrounding states. If they can't contain it, there won't be a renfaire next year, and all those nice little houses will be gone.

The Air Force Academy has every unit and all it's man power out battling the blazes now. We have help in bound from Denver, Castle Rock, Pueblo and several of Denver's smaller southern suburbs. I suspect fire fighters have moved north to MMCO's location as well from Denver. He might be able to confirm that later.

Guys I don't care what anyone says, this fire was a deliberate attack on America, and I don't give a shit if the guy was an "American". This is affecting the new class coming in (TODAY by the way as I understand it) to AFA.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information