Thread: Monumental Movie

Thanks

Default Monumental Movie

http://www.monumentalmovie.com/

Monumental is the story of America’s beginnings. Presented, produced, and starring Kirk Cameron, the 90-minute true story follows this father of six across Europe and the U.S. as he seeks to discover America’s true “national treasure” – the people, places, and principles that made America the freest, most prosperous and generous nation the world has ever known.

Monumental is heralded as “inspiring,” “beautifully executed,” “powerful,” and “one meant to teach.”

Long regarded as “the land of opportunity,” there’s no question the tiny band of religious outcasts who founded this country hit upon a formula for success that went way beyond what they could have imagined. How else can you explain the fact that they established a nation that has become the best example of civil, economic and religious liberty the world has ever known?

What formula did they discover? What motivated them to come here in the first place? More importantly, how can we apply these same foundational truths today?

Take your family on a new adventure to discover the true national treasure of America. Monumental is playing now in select theaters.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Monumental Movie

I saw the movie last night. I liked the message in the movie. I believe if we followed the movies advice, we could get our Nation back on track. Faith, morality, law, justice, education, and liberty. The people who first came to America knew what they should build upon. God bless them for running their part of the relay race and enduring the evil that tried to stop them. May we have the Lord's courage and strength to run our part of the race as they did.

If you are given the chance to see this movie, please take the time to do so.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

In theaters? No advertising?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Last night was the premiere. It was in a lot of theaters, but it was only a one time showing. There is a link on the page that shows where it plays next. If it is not playing in your area, there is another link that you can demand the movie for your area. I think they need 500 people to demand it for an area. Also, I think they have a CD.

It is worth seeing. Cameron did a fantastic job.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

I heard about it on the radio. I don't think there is a lot of advertising. I think it will be a word of mouth thing. I am not sure, but I think the CD comes out in July. But I may be wrong about that.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Yeah, haven't heard anything about it at all. Went to see John Carter a couple of weeks back and saw some previews for other stuff, but not that.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Well, I can assure you that the majority of folks in Hollywood and Washington DC will not like the movie.

cameron talked about a book that is used in Colleges that talks about our founding Fathers as aithiest and agnostics. The funny thing is, the book has no footnotes. just a simple statement that footnotes are not needed. It doesn't have footnotes because it is full crap. What would your professor do if you wrote a paper without footnotes? And this is an example of the stuff they are teaching our children.

The thing that inspired me was a monument in Plymouth Ma dedicated to the Pilgrims. I have seen a lot of monuments, but I have never even heard of this monument. It was monumental!! I would get into detail, but I don't want to wreck the movie for you. It plays a huge part in the movie (hence the title Monumental).

I learned a lot in the movie. I am not a historian, but I love history and I learned a lot from it. And when I didn't learn something, it simply confirmed my beliefs on how our nation was founded.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

I can tell you what my professors would have done if I'd written papers with no footnotes... I'd have failed the paper and gotten a zero on it.

Then again, my colleges were pretty conservative. /chuckles
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Xactly!!!

Hey liberal!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up, Beetle. Gonna watch for a showing in my area. I'd love to take my kids.

Thanks

Minuteman,

it would be great for the kids. I am sure they will not receive the same message in today's classroom.

Hey liberal!

Thanks

Kirk Cameron's 'Monumental' Debuts Amid Backlash

More than 500 movie theaters across the country will show actor Kirk Cameron's new movie "Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure," Tuesday, March 27.
    The documentary traces the steps of our founding fathers and the beliefs that led them to start a new country.

But during his publicity tour for the film earlier this month, Cameron made news for speaking out on gay marriage and homosexuality. CNN host Piers Morgan sparked the controversy when he asked Cameron if he thought homosexuality is a sin.

"I think it's unnatural. I think it's detrimental and ultimately destructive to many of the foundations of our civilization," Cameron responded during the March 2 show.
    Cameron also told Morgan in response to further questions that he believes God has defined marriage.

The actor's comments sparked outrage from Hollywood celebrities like Rosie O'Donnell and further questions from other media outlets.

CBN News recently talked with Cameron about the backlash, noting the irony of being attacked for his beliefs while promoting a movie about liberty and religious freedom.
    "It's perfectly making the point of 'Monumental,'" Cameron said, "which is that societies will eventually come to the place where political correctness is so important that if you don't bend your beliefs to the moral standards of the politically correct, those in charge, you will be dragged out to the public square and stoned, so to speak, for holding your beliefs. Or you can hold them as long as you're silent."

While many are attacking Cameron for his comments, others are offering support.
    "I've gotten 20 times as many positive responses from people saying, 'Thank you for representing the rest of us and how we feel on social issues and morality and faith,'" Cameron told CBN News.

The silver lining in all this is that the negative buzz is leading to greater publicity for his film.

Cameron said he hopes it will inspire families to better understand the ideals that shaped our country's beginning and how we can continue to uphold that legacy.
    "We need to understand what made our our country so great in the first place," Cameron said, "because if we don't understand that, we're never going to be able to get it back on track."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2012/M...Amid-Backlash/

Hey liberal!

Thread Information