Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silent Screams: Africa Ethnically Cleanses Its Christians

Thanks

Default Re: Silent Screams: The Sudan Ethnically Cleanses Its Christians

Oh... no... we can't POSSIBLY interfere over there MinuntemanCo. I mean God, if we do we DESERVE what WE get, right?

Ask the Arabs.

hell, ask Michael2 here on our own site.

We shouldn't be HELPING anyone like this - according to the left, the administration, even some of our own people here on the site.

I find it incomprehensible that the frigging UN isn't screaming bloody murder about this threat of genocide....
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I don't understand it. It really pisses me off.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    I find it incomprehensible that the frigging UN isn't screaming bloody murder about this threat of genocide....
    This Administration has the United Nations working on more important issues like the Trayvon case and States attempting to secure their own borders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

I don't get it either.

But apparently it would be considered "interference" as Michael put it several times (if helping the Israelis for instance).

Therefore by logical extension it would also be interference to tell a foreign government not to mess with the Christians there either.

And you KNOW that is PRECISELY what this administration's stance would be, because you KNOW we "CAN'T interfere with a foreign government".

I mean, hell if we can't help Israel, why WOULD we help Christians in another country... after all "those people have been killing one another for thousands of years" (as I've heard stated many times even here on the board).
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

But hey, you know Vector, you and me, we're "racists" if we think the guy (zimmerman) is innocent and those poor Christians (who happen to be black by the way, over there in Sudan) should be helped....

/sigh
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    But hey, you know Vector, you and me, we're "racists" if we think the guy (zimmerman) is innocent and those poor Christians (who happen to be black by the way, over there in Sudan) should be helped....

/sigh
    We're considered racists, but those calling for capture of the White-Mexican care less about about black Christians being hunted down in Africa.

This is part of the Left's Unholy Alliance with Islam.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post
    So the worst combination could be:

Black-Muslim-From Mexico ???
    If you're seriously interested about what could come from Mexico...go here.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

We weren't but we should have been. Life is sacred. Any human life. You should know this. Any time people anywhere in the world are slaughtered, I don't care if they are Christians, Muslims, Buddists, Batmen or tree huggers, we have a moral obligation to care and to act. Period.

Thanks

Peterle,

Italy is a superpower and Rome has a very advanced western infrastructure.

Remote places in Africa have no infrastructure.

No law enforcement, no electricity, even running water.

There is no media on the ground reporting the news. The population are not entrenched with social media like Facebook, computers and cel phones to capture current events.

Those close enough to view the atrocities may find themselves among the dead.

Photos of these actual events are going to be difficult to obtain and rare because of the reasons above.

Any photos around the region will likely be recycled in many news articles.

Putting photos of an accident to a report on an atrocity is
    not right and I do appreciate your candor on the matter and should be corrected.

However being critical on every news article/blog posted is not necessary.

If you find something incorrect with my posts I would ask you PM me so I can correct the matter.

We like open minded discourse on subjects, but to hijack threads off topic and hounding every post on subjects you may find objectionable does not necessarily make the thread more meaningful to others besides yourself.

The goal of this forum is to bring events and news around the Trans-Asian Axis including the resurgence of Communism and present them in the most meaningful and informative manner.

The
    FACT IS there are atrocities happening in the region in the name of Radical Islam, this is what this particular thread is about.

Regretfully Radical Islam is in league with Communism and why some threads here are highlighting them as the enemy.

If would like to continue the discussion about your posts we can take it private so as not to further disrupt this thread.

Respectfully,

vector7

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

If one have no images of something he should put no images, simply.

Because this take away credibility to the entire story.
    I respectfully disagree when it is reasonably accurate.

I rarely use 'private message' option but it's ok, i can do.
    Thank you and please don't hesitate to use it in the future.

I dont think there are christians burned in Sudan NOW.

They maybe were last year when there was a war between North and South.
    Regardless when this thread was created, atrocities happened and more will follow as these Christians are forced out of the North, this is what this thread is about.

I dont need to put Muslims in bad light at any cost, until they behave good and they let me alone.
    We do not disparage any religion here, including Islam.

What these articles are highlighting is Radicals using Islam to discriminate and force their beliefs on others to the point of genocide.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Guys,

I agree with Peterle on this. The image you posted with the article (I think my comment was "Oh my God" or something like that...) was not actually people killed by those mentioned in the article.

Therefore, as Peterle is stating doing so (putting the picture in there) by the author of the article was MISLEADING at best and probably an attempt to generate even more sympathy for those killed (at worst).

The truth is, IF the image is NOT associated directly with the article it should not be put in there.

This is another example of the media manipulating the mindset of the public and whether it is Christians or the public in the Trayvon Martin case doing this is irresponsible!

News people who do this should be fired... there is, by the way, justice as the asshole who edited the 911 tape HAS been fired....

Now if everyone will just calm down (in the Martin case) then the world can go on a little more quietly with the next set of violence being generated BY THE MEDIA.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's about "oil" because they can shut down the country if they control the oil supply. As it has been in any war. Shut off fuel and food, the army comes to a halt and dies.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

African Union 'deeply alarmed' at growing Sudan and South Sudan unrest

The African Union has said it is "deeply alarmed" by worsening violence between Sudan and South Sudan and called for the withdrawal of Southern troops from the Heglig battle zone.

A destroyed vehicle is seen following clashes between Sudanese and South Sudan's forces in the border oil-rich city of Heglig, Sudan Photo: EPA

7:41PM BST 11 Apr 2012

Southern troops seized the contested oil-producing Heglig border region from Khartoum's army on Tuesday amid continuing heavy artillery bombardments and air strikes.

"The African Union expresses grave concern at the escalating armed conflict on the border between Sudan and South Sudan and calls upon both parties to exercise utmost restraint," it said in a statement.

"The African Union notes with alarm the occupation of Heglig by the armed forces of the Republic of South Sudan, and calls for their immediate and unconditional withdrawal," it added.

The Pan-African body also urged the former civil war foes to remove any of their troops currently in their neighbour's territory, end air strikes and stop supporting proxy rebel forces.

The worst fighting since South Sudan won independence from Sudan in July broke out last month, prompting international concern at the risk of an all-out war.

Related Articles

Senior officials met in AU-led crisis talks last week in the Ethiopian capital, but failed to sign an agreement on security, while negotiations on oil, a key driver of the conflict, are stalled.

Sudan's parliament on Wednesday said they were pulling out of the talks, and both sides urged their citizens to take up defences in case of full blown war.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

NEWS ALERT: Thousands of Sudanese Christians Seeking Shelter Amid “All-Out-War” Threat
    Monday, April 16, 2012 (4:47 pm)

By BosNewsLife Africa Service

Thousands, including many Christians, face desperation in Sudan and Sourhern Sudan.

KHARTOUM, SUDAN (BosNewsLife)-- Christian aid workers warned Monday, April 16, of a looming "all-out war" between Sudan and South Sudan with thousands of Christians in both nations seeking shelter.

Sudan has been "indiscriminately dropping bombs in the border regions" and in South Sudan for almost a year, said the Barnabas Fund which supports Christians in the region.

The group said it learned that Karthoum has threatened "to chase Southern troops" and hit them deep "inside South Sudan" if they do not comply with a United Nations backed order to withdraw from the Heglig oilfields.

These tensions threaten a return to the deadly civil war that devastated the South and killed over two million people, "mainly Southern Christians", explained Barnabas Fund's International Director, Patrick Sookhdeo.

"TRAGEDY" WARNING

"A return to war would be a tragedy, especially for Christians in both territories who, during the long [previous] civil war, were particular targets of Khartoum’s aggression," he told BosNewsLife in a statement.

Following South Sudan's independence, disputes remained over border territory, oil revenue and citizenship rights, he added.

The hostility between the two nations has left people of Southern Sudanese origin, who are mainly Christian and mainly African, in the overwhelmingly Muslim and Arab Republic of neighboring Sudan in "a state of limbo and increasing danger," according to Barnabas Fund investigators.

They were reportedly stripped of their citizenship of Sudan after the South voted to secede in January 2011 and given until April 8 this year to sort out their papers.

DEADLINE PASSED

"That deadline has now passed, and, treated as foreigners in Sudan, they have been denied work permits, while South Sudan has not yet started issuing identity documents. Thus they have been left without an official nationality," Barnabas Fund said.

A planned presidential summit between the two nations leaders was called off this month, due to violence in the border region.

Local Christians have said that thousands of people are homeless with hundreds of them living on wasteland around Sudan's capital Khartoum as they were forced to give up their homes.

Many have apparently not enough money to transport their families and possessions to South Sudan. Around three-quarters of them are Christians, Barnabas Fund said.

CHRISTIANS HOMELESS

In published remarks one local community leader, who did not want to be identified apparently due to security reasons, said "We’ve been out of our homes for three months. We’re going to South Sudan, but we need the help of the two governments to return to our country."

The official described people as "very tired" as "men have no work, no food".

Barnabas Fund said it was helping to meet the practical needs of Christians in both Sudan and South Sudan, providing returning refugees with emergency supplies which include grain, salt, plastic sheeting for shelters, mosquito nets, blankets, water drums and cooking pots.

“Families and individuals are experiencing … lack of shelter, medicine, schools and food,” the community leader said in a distributed statement.

Sookhdeo said he fears the "humanitarian situation will only deteriorate as the latest conflict intensifies." Christians, the he added, "are already suffering greatly as a result of the unresolved tensions between the two countries; many have been left homeless and in great need."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

The longer people, governments stand by and do nothing, the worse this situation is going to become. This is an African Holocaust and ethnic cleansing on par with that which happened in Europe under Hitler. There is no difference, other than nobody is helping. Make no mistake, this equates to the mass extermination of Christian Africans... pure evil.

And, I really have no sympathy for those here or throughout the world who believe that we as a nation, a free people, should do nothing to help. We have a responsibility to aid and assist when evil has its way with people. It wasn't hard to figure out during WWII. It shouldn't be a difficult choice now.
    Last edited by MinutemanCO; April 18th, 2012 at 15:35.

Thanks

Muslim North Sudan declares war on Christian South Sudan

The South's declaration of independence from the pro-Sharia, Islamic supremacist North always did seem too good to be true: it seemed inconceivable that the jihadis of the North would allow the kuffar to go in peace. And so here we are.

"Sudan President Declares War On South Sudan," from Ya Libnan, April 19 (thanks to Pamela Geller):
    Sudan’s president, Omar al-Bashir, Thursday declared war on South Sudan, vowing to topple its government. The move comes after Sudan’s parliament passed a resolution branding South Sudan’s ruling party an enemy that “must be fought until it is defeated.”

Sudan and South Sudan are embroiled in the worst clashes along their poorly defined border since the secession of the South last summer. The United Nations Security Council is considering sanctions on both countries in an attempt to end the violence, and demanded South Sudanese forces withdraw from their occupation of the 60,000-barrels-a-day oil field Heglig oil field. Both countries continue to ignore calls to end the fighting.

On a visit Thursday to the oil-rich, restive border state of South Kordofan, Bashir rallied his troops, which are now engaged on three fronts with South Sudan.

“Heglig isn’t the end, it is the beginning, and we shall go all the way to [South Sudanese capital] Juba,” Bashir told a rally.

South Sudan’s army spokesman, Col. Philip Aguer, dismissed Bashir’s threat, saying that the South’s army would keep Sudan’s aggression at bay.

“If they didn’t defeat us when we were a green army, how will they defeat us now,” he said....

Bashir accuses the South of implementing the agenda of foreign countries which backed its secession bid, at the expense of its own people....
    Posted by Robert on April 19, 2012 9:33 AM | 17 Comments

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

What do you suggest we do?

Seriously? You don't want to help Israel, but you want to jump in and help Christians....

Not that I think it is a bad idea.... but at the same time, neither is assisting Israel....
    Libertatem Prius!

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I've been waiting for the jihadi response to Sudanese secession. There was no way the radicals were just going to let them go without eventual action.

Thanks

Default Re: Silent Screams: Africa Ethnically Cleanses Its Christians

Bloodbath as terrorists murder 70 Christians

U.S. finally designates jihadist organization as terror group
    Published: 1 day ago

Michael Carl About | Email | Archive Michael Carl is a veteran journalist with overseas military experience and experience as a political consultant. He also has two Master's Degrees, is a bi-vocational pastor and lives with his family in the Northeast United States.

At least 70 Christians in Nigeria have been killed in coordinated attacks by Fulani tribesmen and the Islamic jihadist organization Boko Haram.
    Fulani tribesmen reportedly killed 37 Christians in at least four coordinated attacks on the same day.

Boko Haram is reported to have killed as many as 34 Christians during the same three-day period.

William Stark, Africa analyst for the human-rights organization International Christian Concern, said the recent killing “spree” of Christians in Nigeria’s northern and middle belts regions “is, unfortunately, tragic and typical at the same time.”

“Boko Haram attacks, and attacks perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen on Christians, [are] well documented in Nigeria. What is most disturbing about the attack that took place this week was the coordination of the attacks on four villages,” he said.

Stark said many leaders believe that Boko Haram and its affiliates are inciting the Fulani to attack the Christians.

The increasingly aggressive posture of the Fulani tribe is further reason for northern Nigerian Christians to be apprehensive, he said.

“It’s a fact that many Christians in northern Nigeria are forced to live in constant fear,” Stark said. “The government has proven to be either unable or unwilling to protect Christians from attacks of this nature.”

Stark said the lack of protection leaves Christians will only two options.

“They can either stay in these dangerous areas or they can abandon their homes and flee the violence,” he said.

Responding to an increasing number of Christian deaths at the hands of Boko Haram, the U. S. State Department finally announced Nov. 13 that it has designated the jihadist group and its spinoff, Ansaru, as a terrorist organization.

The State Department said the designation is an important step toward responding to the group’s increasing number of violent actions:

These designations are an important and appropriate step, but only one tool in what must be a comprehensive approach by the Nigerian government to counter these groups through a combination of law enforcement, political and development efforts, as well as military engagement, to help root out violent extremism while also addressing the legitimate concerns of the people of northern Nigeria. All of our assistance to Nigeria stresses the importance of protecting civilians and ensuring that human rights are respected. That assistance and these designations demonstrate U.S. support for the Nigerian people’s fight against Boko Haram and Ansaru.

These designations will assist U.S. and other law enforcement partners in efforts to investigate and prosecute terrorist suspects associated with Boko Haram and Ansaru.
    Intelligence analysts and foreign policy observers believe the increasingly international makeup of the northern Nigeria-based group poses a growing threat.

Boko Haram, the Christian Science Monitor reported, now consists of members from the neighboring African countries of Cameroon, Niger and Chad.
    Stark said he hopes the State Department’s designation means the U.S. will become more active in helping bringing the violence to an end.

Boko Haram’s kidnapping of a French priest in Cameroon reportedly triggered the State Department designation.

Nina Shea, director of the Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, said in a statement that the State Department’s designation likely was delayed for political reasons.

“I believe the administration did not want to acknowledge during the period of the campaigns that al-Qaida’s presence in Africa is strong, and so I think they waited until after the elections to do it,” Shea said.

Egyptian Christians Killed in Libya for Refusing to Convert to Islam

By Allison Geller, Sun, December 01, 2013

Two Egyptian Christians living in Libya were killed by Muslims when they refused to convert to Islam in late September.

The Morning Star News reported that Waleed Saad Shaker, 25, and Nash’at Shenouda Ishaq, 27, Coptic Christians from Egypt living in Libya, were surrounded by a group of militant Muslims in northeastern Libya’s Derna District, in what initially seemed like an armed robbery. After taking their belongings and beating them, the group demanded that the two men recite the shahada, the Islamic conversation declaration. When the men refused, the extremists tied them up and shot them.

A shepherd found the men in the desert later that day. They were taken to the hospital, where Shaker was pronounced dead on arrival. Ishaq survived long enough to provide details about the attack to family members. No arrests have been made.

Ishaq was married with two children, while Shaker supported his parents, two sisters, and a disabled brother.

“His family is emotionally devastated,” said Gamel Saleem, a cousin of Shaker. “And he was the only financial support they had.”

That incident marked the third time in a two-week period that Coptic Christians were robbed and killed in the Derna District.

According to World News Group, other instances of forced conversion of non-Muslims have been reported recently in Nigeria, Somalia, Libya, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, and the Central African Republic.

Islam expert Raymond Ibrahim wrote that forced conversion has ample historical precedent in Islam, with instances reported from 1522.

“Left undisclosed, Muslims will have no incentive to address it,” Ibrahim wrote in a recent article about the need for such events to be widely shared. “But if it becomes better exposed in the West, and if Muslim governments and peoples become embarrassed by it, perhaps they'll begin respecting minority rights a little more.”

In October The Independent wrote about the rising number of cases of forced Islamic conversions in British prisons, calling the prisons a “breeding ground for extremism.”

Egyptian Christians living in Libya had been largely untroubled by persecution in recent years, despite the fact that religious freedom was technically not allowed under former Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi. Since the 2011 Libyan Revolution and fall of Gaddafi, however, Islamists filled the power vacuum in certain places, and persecution of non-Muslims has rapidly increased.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Default Re: Silent Screams: Africa Ethnically Cleanses Its Christians

'I wish there was such discrimination,' State Department official says when asked if Boko Haram only targets Christians

By Joel Gehrke | May 21, 2014 | 2:48 pm

Topics: Beltway Confidential Congress State Department Africa Freedom of Religion Nigeria Religion Boko Haram Christianity
    A State Department official struggled to discuss the religious import of Boko Haram's ideology, despite the group's repeated attacks on Christians, a rhetorical hesitancy that created tension during a rather bipartisan House hearing on the threat from the terrorist group.

Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., asked whether Boko Haram specifically targets Christians.

"I wish there was such discrimination in Boko Haram attacks," State Department undersecretary Sarah Sewall replied during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing. "Boko Haram attacks everyone who is Nigerian. Boko Haram is an equal-opportunity threat for all Nigerian citizens."

That answer irritated Rep. Chris Smith, R-N.J., who chairs the subcommittee panel on global human rights. "You said you wish they would differentiate or discriminate — they were so discriminating. Yes, they'll hit other Nigerians, they'll hit other westerners, but Christians are their main target," he countered.

Smith pointed out that in 2012 and 2013, Boko Haram attacked 100 Christian churches, compared to just four mosques over the same time period, before citing the experience of Habila Adamu, a Nigerian man who survived being shot by Boko Haram because he refused to renounce his Christian beliefs.

"He said 'no, I am ready to see my Lord, I am a Christian,' and they blew his face away," Smith recalled. "That is the underlying, fundamental, raison d'être of Boko Haram." (The Federalist's Mollie Hemingway wrote about Adamu's experience at length when he visited Washington in November).
    "The question that I was asked was whether there was an official State Department position on the motivations of Boko Haram, which I simply don't have with me," Sewall replied. "If the question is, 'Does the leadership of Boko Haram and do the actions of Boko Haram target Christianity?' [the answer is] absolutely, unequivocally. More fundamentally, they target other things too and they are a threat to the government and the region. And so I loved the very clear-eyed characterization that was just offered [by Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas], which is that Boko Haram is motivated by hatred. I don't think anybody would disagree with that."
    The State Department told Congress in 2012 that religion was not the primary cause of violence in Nigeria in a letter about Boko Haram.
    "This religious tension, while real, should not be mistaken as the primary source of violence in Nigeria," David Adams, assistant secretary of legislative affairs, wrote to Congress in an Oct. 4, 2012, letter. "Attacks in the north, however, are likely to continue until the Nigerian government counters Boko Haram through a comprehensive, whole of government strategy, which takes into account the legitimate social, political, judicial, and economic grievances of northern populations and addresses retaliatory security force abuses."
    The Washington Examiner's Charles Hoskinson observed that in a recent video released by Boko Haram, the group's leader speaks in Arabic — which is not a language commonly used in Nigeria, but is the language of the Islamic Quran. In the video, Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau is identified as an imam, or Muslim prayer leader.
    "Most news outlets have interpreted the video as a message to the Nigerian government and the West stating the group's demands in exchange for the girls' release," Hoskinson wrote. "But it may be more than that as well: Boko Haram, which has gained a reputation for brutality against both Christians and more moderate Muslims and is loosely aligned with al Qaeda, can ill afford to lose the support of those whose interests it professes to defend."

Forward the video to @1:27:50 as Rep Duncan asks the question:

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information