Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europe - WORLD Mystery of English-Speaking Boy Who Lived in German Forest for 5 Years

Thanks

Default Europe - WORLD Mystery of English-Speaking Boy Who Lived in German Forest for 5 Years

Fascinating.

I wonder if it's true? The German forests aren't exactly all that isolated and it's got to get fricking cold up there! I was in the south which is much more mild and it still got miserable.

0--------------
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09...ntcmp=obinsite

BERLIN -- Police in Berlin were investigating Friday after an English-speaking teenager walked out of a forest, claiming to have lived in the wild for five years with his father, The Local reported.

Officers launched an appeal for information about the boy -- who is aged between 16 and 18 -- following his arrival in Berlin on Sept. 5.

The boy, who said his name was Ray, told authorities that he went into the wild with his father, Ryan, after the death of his mother. They lived in a forest near Berlin and slept in a tent or huts they found in the wild.

Two weeks ago, Ray said, his father died and he buried him in a shallow grave which he covered in stones. He then began to walk north and after two weeks reached Berlin.

The boy speaks English fluently but has little facility with German.

"We have sent appeals for help to all European countries via Interpol. The boy speaks English and a little German but we really have no idea where he comes from," Berlin police spokesman Michael Maass told The Local.

"His father had told him to look at his compass and go north, if anything should happen. And this is apparently what he did, walking for two weeks before reaching Berlin. We have no evidence to contradict what he has told our colleagues ... although we are still investigating, and very much want to find out who he is," he added.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default Re: Europe - WORLD Mystery of English-Speaking Boy Who Lived in German Forest for 5 Y

Fascinating for sure.

I lived in Germany for a few years, and you're right; the forests aren't that isolated.

In the late 70s we used to go off the paths (big no-no) and dig in the old bunkers. A Forest Meister called the Polizei on us, and we got a serious lecture. And I mean serious.

Other thing is the Forest Meisters know exactly what's going on out there - for the most part. They manage the game, and actually keep track of how many of each kind of critter is out there - as best they can. The elk, deer, etc. herds are strictly managed.

So I wonder what they ate, etc?

Shooting a gun any other time than hunting season and not at a Schutzenhaus is asking for serious trouble.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Europe - WORLD Mystery of English-Speaking Boy Who Lived in German Forest for 5 Y

He doesn't have uncanny martial arts and gun handling skills does he?

Thanks

Forest boy Ray is a 'normal boy who uses cutlery, takes showers and even enjoys bowling'

• Heartbreaking story of mystery boy who is 'happy to be inside and sleep in a comfortable bed'
    • Kindly and normal 17-year-old enjoys spending time with other teenagers but speaks little
    • Search for his background moves to Czech Republic

By Peter Allen

Last updated at 5:18 PM on 21st September 2011

Mystery: The boy, known only as Ray, arrived in Berlin earlier this month carrying a rucksack, tent and sleeping bag

The English-speaking 'forest boy' who claims he has been living in the wild for the past five years is not a rough forager but a gentle person who knows how to use cutlery, takes showers, enjoys bowling and watching TV.
    Far from being a savage who finds it difficult to mix with others or adapt to a homely environment, those who have spent time with the boy, known only as Ray, describe him as normal and kindly.
    The 17-year-old has baffled authorities by telling them how he lived in the wilderness with his father for the past five years after his mother, Doreen, died in a car accident.
    He told police his father had recently died after a fall and he had buried him under stones in a shallow grave. He then walked north for a fortnight until he reached the German capital.
    He stayed in an emergency hostel in Berlin for 11 days, where supervisor Beate Kohn, 50, had contact with him.
    She told The Times that although Ray does not remember his surname or any details of his past, he shared a room with another boy, went bowling and seemed comfortable in his surroundings.
    'He was very, very kindly to everybody, with the other kids and with us.
    'He watched TV, he went outdoors, he took little walks and joined the activities, like bowling.'
    Ms Kohn told The Daily Telegraph that the teenager, who joined other boys from troubled backgrounds after he sought help from authorities, spoke little.
    'He had moments where he appeared uneasy but generally he settled in well and appeared comfortable,' she said.

'There were no problems with him and he seemed happy to be inside, to sleep in a comfortable bed and take regular showers.'

Living rough: Ray says he has spent the past five years living in forests with his father. The search has now switched to the Czech side of the Ore mountains

Plea: The boy wandered into Berlin looking for help, telling police that his father had died after a fall

The search for Ray's identity has switched to the Czech Republic as it emerged that he may have walked some 150 miles following the sudden death of his father, known only as Ryan.

He has indicated that he had been living on the Czech side of the Ore mountains for the past five years.

Known locally as Krusne Hory, the area is an isolated, rocky area covered in dense woods, and would have been an ideal hideout for a family trying to avoid meeting other people.
    Ceska Tiskova Kancelar, the Czech press agency, has confirmed that the German authorities have linked up with their Czech counterparts through Interpol to assist in discovering Ray's identity.
    A source close to the case said: 'If this lead proves true then he would have walked all the way to Berlin from the Czech Republic.

‘This would have been a much harder prospect than simply walking from woods south of Berlin, which is what many believed he had done up until now.’

On Monday it emerged that Ray’s first words on arriving in Berlin on September 5 were: ‘I’m alone in the world. I don't know who I am. Please help me.'

Ray, who is 5ft 11in with blond hair and is in good physical shape, was carrying a rucksack, tent and sleeping bag when he arrived in Berlin.
    A German civil servant who spoke to him said: ‘He said he needed help, that he didn't know where to go and had no one in the world to look after him.
    ‘I tried as much as I could to find out details about where he was from but he just didn't know.
    ‘He seemed calm, not scared at all, but quiet. He said he had been told to go to Berlin if he ever needed help and had taken several weeks to walk here.’

Despite the bizarre nature of the story, police have said it is credibl

The boy is unable to tell them exactly where he buried his father, but claimed he ‘followed his compass northwards’.
    In the meantime, officials are trying to make Ray a ward of court, so that important decisions can be made on his behalf.

DNA, fingerprint and dental records can also then be handed over to Interpol so that his records can be checked against those of missing children.

Officials believe the teenager could be British because he speaks English but only basic German. The British Consul is also working with police to try to solve the mystery.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Perhaps he's an alien.

This is a perfect cover story.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I suspect there's more to the story.

Living in the woods, specially the mountains on the Czech border is not easy.

The kid was clean and didn't smell. That's not possible. If the kid is an alien, it's entirely possible.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I still think child of an undercover CIA asset is more plausible than alien.

Thanks

Good points, Peterle.

------------------------------

My guess is the kid is an alien working undercover for the CIA.

Thanks

Since they're already released his first name in the same article, I'm guessing based on this, they know his last name.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-identity.html

Claudia Elitok, of Berlin Police, said: 'He speaks fluent English and a few words in German.He remembers his name but we are not releasing it.

Thanks

Someone needs to get him into a German brothel. He'll change his mind once he's dipped the ole cocktail frank in some sweet honey.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    Someone needs to get him into a German brothel.
    In 1995, they were directly across the street from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.

Back in the late 70s, they were about 1/2 mile away, and not in plain sight of tourists.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peterle Matteo View Post
    You need to better train your undercover aliens.

What did he do?

Pop up and ask help to police.
    That's all part of the plan.

Thanks

I would think that if the kid's father was a CIA asset in some manner the Dad wouldn't have been hiding in the woods after the death of the Mom. I suspect the guy was probably some military deserter or something like that. They aren't saying he speaks American English or British English either.

And he might be a German boy who happens only to know English (because, that was the plan the Father had when they went into the woods, teach him english, confuse the enemies whomever they might be).

Speculation will get us a whole novel here. LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    And he might be a German boy who happens only to know English (because, that was the plan the Father had when they went into the woods, teach him english, confuse the enemies whomever they might be).
    My friend is ret mil (AF) and was stationed in Germany for 17 continous years.

No shit.

Anyway, his son has been to the States 1 time, and speaks English very well...and he learned it in school.

All the younger (20yrs or less) Germans I know or interacted with spoke English very well.

I'll just throw this out there.

I was stationed in Germany 78-80, then again 92-96 (stayed until 98 as a civ).

The first time there, if I didn't try to speak German first, the Germans wouldn't speak English at all. If I tried some German, many times they'd either help, or jump right into English.

The 2nd time I was there, if they say I was American, they automatically went into English.

My great great grandparents came from Germany, I look German, I usually dressed like a German when over there, and I spoke it fairly well at one time.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    He doesn't have uncanny martial arts and gun handling skills does he?

I just saw that movie a few weeks ago, exactly what I was thinking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vector7 View Post
    I just saw that movie a few weeks ago, exactly what I was thinking.
    Good! I was hoping I wasn't the only one who had seen the movie.

For anyone who hasn't seen Hanna, the two stories are extremely similar. I thought the movie was pretty good and worth the watch.

Thanks

Hmmm...

Thanks

He needs to have native English speakers listen to him so as to determine his accent. That will get you quite a bit closer to where he's from.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

And the way things are these days, I'd be surprised to learn his prints and possibly DNA aren't on file somewhere.

Thanks

I still think he's an Alien.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information