Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Maintenance - 7/8/2012

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Board Maintenance - 7/8/2012

Just wanted to post a notice that the board will be down later tonight, probably around 10pm, for some maintenance and upgrades. No solid ETA on completion but it shouldn't be for more than a couple hours.

I'm trying to get this done when traffic is lowest so there is minimal impact to use.

Thanks

Default Re: Board Maintenance - 7/8/2012

Thanks for the heads up. Less likely to freak out with this knowledge.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

Well, that did not turn out as planned. Currently we are still running on the original board software version. Thank God for backups!

There were problems during the upgrade process that I will have to dig into.

If anyone runs into any

"Deprecated: Function xxxxxxxxxx is deprecated in /xxx/xxx/xxx"

errors, please make sure you copy and paste the whole error here to this thread so I can correct it.

This is due to an upgrade from PHP4 to PHP5 that was required. Those errors are simply PHP pages making requests in PHP4 format that is not used in PHP5. All it takes is a simple code change to correct.

I'm going to bed now...

Thanks

I saw one on log in... at the main page (before I entered my user name) but didn't copy it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

the little identity icon on the web browser tab has changed to a checkmark or something.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Saw this on the Homepage: Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/includes/class_core.php on line 1644

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

While attempting to edit a thread, I got the following message:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/postings.php on line 1289
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Found this hiding on the bottom of the "Message Board" page down where the list of who's on resides:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/chat/inc/common.php on line 87
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Thanks for the extra work.
    Here-swhat I get.
    top of home
    Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/includes/class_core.php on line 1644

terror threat level
    Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/main.php on line 76

users in chat
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/chat/inc/common.php on line 87
    0 users in 2 rooms.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Thanks guys. The "magic_quotes" one, I'm not sure about. That command that is being called for is different than the one typically affected.

The Terror Threat Level I'm not worried about as it didn't work before since DHS quit using the Threat Level and sending out the info.

The rest I should be able to fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    While attempting to edit a thread, I got the following message:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/postings.php on line 1289
    I saw the following too:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/editpost.php on line 698

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/r/y/a/ryanruck/html/vb/editpost.php on line 703

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Okay, fixed the ones reported so far.

To make a long story short, the photo hosting suite we use is out of date and not compatible with the new version of vBulletin.

I'd recommend that if you use the photo hosting you save copies of your photos so that if anything goes wrong or we have to delete the photo hosting suite entirely you have your pictures.

I won't be doing any updating today or likely tomorrow so you'll have some time to get them. I do have backups of all the files but there's no guarantee we'd be able to get to them after the upgrade or if we have to delete the photo hosting suite.

Thanks

all on themessage board works fine

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Looked around and saw this short thread here and here on these types of errors.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Interesting... That second link seems to indicate you can downgrade from 5.3 to 5.2 to eliminate the errors.

I had an option for both when I upgraded but chose 5.3 because GoDaddy (this site's host) said they only officially supported 5.3.

Then again, once I can get the software upgraded, these errors should no longer be an issue.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Seem I have missed this error party so far.

Thanks

When Obama is kicked out of office it will be the end of an error...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Time permitting, I will try to run the upgrade again tonight.

This time, if needed, the board may be down for an extended period of time to get everything to work properly but hopefully it won't be.

Thanks

Also, remember to download your pictures from the photo hosting suite just in case something gets changed with that!

Thanks

Okay, ran the upgrade without problem after making some changes in the database.

Decided to revert it back to the previous software because of some setup issues with the CMS that will replace the current front page.

A word of advice, the color scheme will change to the vBulletin default until I can get it set back up.

This update will also make the user blogs more prominent for those who are taking advantage of the feature or those who would like to in the future.

Figured I'd go ahead and bring the board back up so it can be used in the interim. I'll likely be going fully through with the upgrade Wednesday night.

Thread Information