Thread: Marvel's ABC TV Series Greenlit, S.H.I.E.L.D; Joss Whedon Co-Writing & May Direct

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Marvel's ABC TV Series Greenlit, S.H.I.E.L.D; Joss Whedon Co-Writing & May Direct

Marvel's ABC TV Series Greenlit, Titled S.H.I.E.L.D; Joss Whedon Co-Writing & May Direct

Detailing the previously announced TV series from Marvel & ABC, set to revolve around the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization, reports claim a pilot has been greenlit & Joss Whedon will write & direct!

August 28, 2012

First announced with Joss Whedon officially signing on to write and direct The Avengers highly-anticipated sequel, details for Marvel's mystery ABC spin-off series have finally been revealed. The ever-reliable Deadline has learned not only what the live-action show will be about, but also Whedon's role(s) in its development.

The infamous site reveals that the live-action series has been greenlit, and will revolve around the fictional peacekeeping organization that's been well-established in the Marvel cinematic universe as the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division; better known as S.H.I.E.L.D.

In addition, the report adds that Joss Whedon will pen the pilot with his brother, Jed Whedon & his wife Maurissa Tancharoen. And set to start immediately, Whedon may also direct the pilot if his schedule allows it. The aforementioned writing team will also executive produce the pilot with Jeffrey Bell and Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb.

There's no word on whether the S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the movies, notably Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders' Maria Hill, will reprise their roles. However, we can surely expect the show to open doors for other S.H.I.E.L.D. characters from the comics, that wouldn't fit in the movies. This series will be considered Marvel's first live-action TV project even though they're many in the works.

Might be worth a look!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Marvel's ABC TV Series Greenlit, S.H.I.E.L.D; Joss Whedon Co-Writing & May Direct

So, has anyone watched this show yet?

I've caught both episodes.

So far I'm liking it pretty well. It's got that Joss Whedon style wit to it that Firefly has. Most recent episode had a cameo by Sam Jackson to tie it into the movies. Episode also had a bit of a nod to the movie Serenity. Watch it and you'll catch it. The production value is, of course, high. Definitely going to keep watching this one.

ETA: Forgot to mention, Ron Glass (Shepherd Book) was in the pilot.

Thread Information