Ok... I am through. I can't solder this stuff to a circuit board. Time to retire and look at things I can actually SEE.

News Summary: Murata develops tiniest capacitor

In this undated photo released by Murata Manufacturing Co., its latest capacitor, measuring just 0.25 millimeter by 0.125 millimeter, right, is pointed by a mechanical pencil as it is displayed with its bigger size models. Small is big for Murata: The Japanese electronics maker has developed the world's tiniest component known as the capacitor. And that's big business. Capacitors, which store electric energy, are used in the dozens, even in the hundreds, in just about every type of gadget - smartphones, laptops, hybrid cars, medical equipment and digital cameras. (AP Photo/Murata Manufacturing Co.) NO SALES

By The Associated Press AP / September 5, 2012

GOING SMALL: Japanese electronics maker Murata has developed the world’s tiniest version of a component known as the capacitor.

WHAT IT DOES: Capacitors, which store electric energy, are used in just about every type of gadget — smartphones, laptops, parts for hybrid cars, medical equipment and digital cameras.

WHAT IT MEANS: It’s potentially big business. Smaller componentry allows for other innovations and improvements from thinner devices to longer battery life.