Ok guys. Now's your chance to be original.

I'm looking for boat names.

Here's the parameters.

1) Must be one word.

2) Must be easy to understand over the radio

3) must not be "difficult" to spell, either with english letters or phonetics

4) can't be a "stupid name" (eg. "Breakin wind","Blow Me", "Poopy Express", "Master Baiter", "My Assiss Dragon", "Wet Dream","Norwegian Woody" - LOL)

5) Must "say something" about the owners

6) Must be uncommon. (eg. Island Time, Seas the Day, It's About Time, Liberty, Serendipity, Second Wind, Dolce Vita, Aquaholic, The Good Life, Nauti Buoy - Note these are the TOP ten names in 2012.) - and Liberty was one of my picks

Any help is appreciated.

We will be putting all the names into a spread sheet along with some other information like "What the name means", What language it is, and perhaps a few other things.

The wife and I will be culling through those when the time comes to pick a name for our boat.

We might not chose one of them, or we might and it might depend on the boat itself. For instance if the boat is a particularly pretty boat and has a nice name, and is well known in the islands or something like that we might keep the old name.

We want the name to be something to be remembered and something that will catch the ears as much as the type of vessel we really want will "catch the eye".

I don't think most of you know what I mean by that right now. But perhaps you do.

thanks

Oh..... the following is the list of things I have RIGHT NOW and remember this was something I threw together in an hour or so of thinking.

Name Explanation/meaning Language
Altair star name
Anomaly word
Antares star name
Arcturus star name
Athena god
Barsoom fictional planet
Betelgeuse star name
Capella star name
Chronology time
Clockwork time
Continuum time
Damhban White Stag Gaelic
Discovery word
Epoch time
Excursion time
Frontier word
Galileo famous scientist
Gandalf famous wizard
Hera god
Hermes god
Mango fruit
Marielee daughter's middle names
Maryjean moms' names
Moonrunner idea
Nexus series of connections linking two or more things.
Onyx stone
Orion constellation
Pegusus constellation
Ptolemy famous scientist
Rivendell elf city
Starpath word
Starrunner word
Startrekker word
Startripper word
Ticktock time
Time time
Venus planet