AJ McCarron probably isn't "Franchise", but he is extremely solid. With the right tools around him he could certainly have a nice career. And Trust me... There are far worse backups to have out there. He'll get all the snaps with the first team this week and after holding his own fairly well last Sunday I'd say he should be ready. Whether or not that translates to a win I couldn't say. But I doubt he throws two picks this time. Imagine how nervous he had to be coming in for an injured Dalton. He was probably thinking he'd have a season or two at least to learn and grow. He'll need to find a way to connect with A.J. Green on a personal basis to really make a splash. And to be perfectly honest with that game, I think Marvin Lewis made some real questionable play choices in the second half. Not sure any of the Bengals players could have changed that.

I'd actually be really surprised if the Bengals lost to the 49ers. A win there should boost his confidence. Reminds me of Charlie batch; great backup that rarely lost a game the Steelers weren't already losing. I'll Bet you dollars to donuts that all the 3-10 teams wish they had McCarron right now. lol And even if the Bengals do lose I'm thinking it'll be by a single score.

The Steelers are in the same situation they were in 2005. Must win out and try to make the Superbowl from the 6th seed. We won the SB that year against Seattle, but the defense was a juggernaught. Now it's more like a Hippie picket line. /sigh The weird thing here is that now the Bengals are also looking at the 2005 situation and are likely to meet the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs. Back then you had a tremendous offense and so-so defense. Now your defense is top notch. It's like a total reverse of where those teams were that year other than placement. Should prove to be a very watched game if both teams carry through.