New York: ISIS-loving cabbie shouldn’t lose license for bomb threat, judge says Posted on May 3, 2016 by creeping

Source: ISIS-loving cabbie shouldn’t lose license for bomb threat, judge says | New York Post

A taxi driver accused of telling a passenger he had a bomb in his car, was thinking of joining ISIS and could have “done a better job” than the Paris terrorists, should be suspended for six months and fined $1,150, an administrative law judge has recommended.
Judge Kevin Casey refused to yank the license of cabbie Hisham Ahmed, as the Taxi & Limousine Commission had requested, after police said he posed “no threat” and after determining his volatile remarks were “out of character” in a 20-year career.
Casey said Ahmed deserved a lesser punishment for scaring the daylights out of his passenger, an Australian businessman.
“The complaintant credibly testified that [Ahmed] repeatedly stated that he wanted to blow up the taxi cab,” the judge wrote in a March 16 decision.
“Those remarks were made late at night in the close confines of a taxi, less than two weeks after a horrific attack by terrorists in Paris.”
“[Ahmed] had already alluded to the Paris Attack and his desire to join ISIS,” he added. “Though the police later concluded that [Ahmed] did not pose a threat to the public, that finding did not diminish the distress endured by the complainant as he rode in the cab.”
Ahmed’s lawyer called the recommended penalty excessive.
“The police investigated Mr. Ahmed and found him to be no threat whatsoever,” said attorney Daniel Ackman.
He disputed the judge’s finding that Ahmed had made the remarks and said that even if he had, “the punishment for speaking is excessive.”
The allegedly terror-fueled cab ride began shortly before midnight, in late November, when the businessman hopped in Ahmed’s cab near Third Avenue and East 21st St.
Just two minutes into his ride to his midtown hotel, the businessman testified that Ahmed asked him about the Paris terror attacks.
The passenger recounted that he told Ahmed the attacks were “unfortunate or very upsetting.”
The cabbie responded, he said, by boasting he “could’ve done a better job.”
It was the first in a string of disturbing remarks Ahmed allegedly made during the short ride, including asking his fare how to get an “ISIS visa” and wondering repeatedly if he should “blow the taxi up tonight.”
The ride was a “terrifying” and “terrible” experience, the businessman told the judge, adding the incident “ruined the night” and turned what had been a great trip to New York into a “an absolute disappointment.”
The businessman, who was not identified, called the police and TLC shortly after arriving at his hotel on Lexington Avenue at 37th Street.
Ahmed, who has been a cab driver for two decades, testified that he had no recollection of the businessman or of the alleged incident, and had never told a passenger he wanted to join ISIS or
blow up his taxi.

The judge also found that Ahmed broke TLC rules by smoking in the cab that night.
The TLC doesn’t have to follow the judge’s recommendation.
Agency spokesman Allan Fromberg said TLC Commissioner Meera Joshi would make a decision early next month.
Filed under: Creeping Sharia, Immigration, Legal, Media, New York, News, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad | Tagged: Creeping Sharia, islam, law, Legal, Life, Media, Muslim, New York, News, NYC, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, terrorism, travel | 2 Comments »

Oklahoma City Thunder Go Sharia with Islamic Halal Diet

Posted on May 3, 2016 by creeping

Source: The Oklahoma City Thunder’s Halal Guys – WSJ
Enes Kanter has started a halal food craze that has absorbed the Thunder’s locker room after road games—and stocked it with lamb platters and chicken kebabs.
In the middle of every Oklahoma City road game, David Howarth’s phone buzzes in his pocket. The Thunder’s athletic performance coordinator excuses himself from the bench and escapes to the arena’s loading dock. That’s where he picks up the team’s dinner: takeout halal food.
This is not what most NBA teams eat after games. But the more adventurous Thunder players have done away with the traditional locker-room fare this season. Instead they’re digging into generous helpings of lamb and chicken kebabs.
The person responsible for Oklahoma City’s culinary revolution isn’t Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook or any other Thunder starter. It is Enes Kanter, the team’s reserve center, who is Muslim and observes his religion’s dietary laws.
Thunder executives took measures to accommodate Kanter’s religion when they traded for the Turkish-born big man last year and signed him to a long-term extension in the off-season. He has access to his own prayer room in the team’s arena, for example, and uses owner Clay Bennett’s office in the team’s practice center, where he uses towels as prayer rugs. The team also made sure that Kanter’s very first meal in Oklahoma City was cooked under halal standards, which means the meat was raised and slaughtered properly, and Thunder chefs started cooking for him with separate kitchenware.
But what happened next was something no one anticipated. The halal takeover started when Thunder center Steven Adams asked Kanter if he would share his post-game dinner. “Pretty much as soon as he came in,” Adams said, “I just told him that I’m eating his food, so I told the guys to order double.”
Westbrook and Serge Ibaka then began tearing into the halal trays. Before long, Thunder officials were searching the Internet for the top-rated Turkish and Middle Eastern restaurants in other cities when the team was on the road, all so they could feed a full lineup of NBA players with enormous appetites.
“It’s like a mini-party,” said Thunder medical director Donnie Strack. “Everyone wants to steal Enes’s food.”
Kanter eats halal because of his religion. Adams eats halal for a slightly different reason.
“Because it’s awesome,” he said.
Now, after Kanter’s first full season in Oklahoma City, the team has a rotation of halal restaurants in NBA cities—and their players have become food critics.
“What’s our best city?” Adams said. “Orlando?”
“Boston?” Kanter said.
“Boston was good, wasn’t it?” Adams said. “Boston was the best city. I don’t know the top five, but Boston was definitely No. 1.”
They say there is a science to halal quality: The bigger the city, the better the food. The Thunder happened to be in Brooklyn this year when the Northeast was blanketed in several feet of snow, but that didn’t stop Kanter from leaving the Thunder’s hotel in search of the borough’s standout Turkish food. That week, when the Thunder played the New York Knicks, the full team meal was a Turkish feast. Outside their Madison Square Garden locker room were tables of halal food. “Everyone’s starting to jump on board,” Adams said, “just because it tastes so good.”
But not quite everyone. Durant is the Thunder’s highest-profile halal holdout. While others peek at Kanter’s plate, Durant sticks with staples of the NBA diet, which tends to be heavy on grilled chicken and, for the Thunder, brisket and short rib. Durant still knows all about the halal situation.
“I think it’s bull—,” he joked after a recent practice. “I’ve been here for nine years and I requested some stuff after the game and I have to pay for it on my own. And the second he gets here he gets his own menu.” Durant’s faux-outrage, however, may come from his personal taste for the food: “It’s nasty to me,” he said.

Durant may have it right. Do his teammates know what makes the food halal? Shouting allah akbar while slicing the neck and letting the animal bleed to death (just as they do to non-Muslims and apostates).https://youtu.be/qa9yy_7j4Yo

Understanding Halal Certification Schemes
More from the Boycott Halal site:https://youtu.be/W0gFoP6gY0A

Filed under: Creeping Sharia, Immigration, Media, News, Oklahoma, Politics, Religion, Sharia, Stealth Jihad | Tagged: Creeping Sharia, dhimmi, islam, Life, Media, Muslim, News, Politics, Random, Religion, Sharia, Sports, Video | 4 Comments »

Florida: Muslim arrested in jihad sting on Aventura synagogue

Posted on May 3, 2016 by creeping
Another convert arrested in a sting. via: Sources: FBI foils terror attack at Aventura synagogue; 1 arrest – WSVN-TV – 7NEWS Miami Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Deco
AVENTURA, Fla. (WSVN) — Federal agents arrested a man who, sources said, was planning to throw an explosive device into a South Florida synagogue.
According to law enforcement sources, the FBI set up a sting to thwart what they described as a terror attack at the Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center, Friday evening.
Sources said agents posing as terrorists were able to stop James Medina, the man, who, they said, may have converted to Islam.
Sources told 7News they are concerned about this case because Medina wanted to take some type of explosive device and chuck it over the wall. Friday was the next-to-last day of Passover, and the center was crowded with people observing the holiday.
Concerned residents said they were disturbed by the arrest. “I think about, before we had a baby, that we used to go there for services, and God forbid, it could have been us,” said Stephanie Levine. “Thank God they stopped him, but had they not, it would have been such a horrible thing to happen to this neighborhood.”
The Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center released a statement in the wake of the terror threats: “The leadership of our congregation has been briefed by law enforcement and Jewish community security officials about this situation. They assured us that the synagogue and school were never at risk at any time during the investigation and arrest, and that there are no credible threats directed against us at the present time.”
Sources said the center was never in danger because Medina was taken into custody before any harm was done.
“Of course it surprised me,” said area resident Richard Levinson. “Everybody says, ‘I live in a small town. It doesn’t happen here,’ but the sad part is, it happens everywhere.”
Resident Kim Tepper said she is horrified by the turn of events but ultimately not that surprised. “It’s a very scary world, and you know what? I don’t think that anybody is safe anywhere,” she said. ‘We’d always thought, living in this area, that we could be targeted, so now you’re kind of confirming that for me. Not happy.”
Florida Representative Debbie Wassedrman Schultz stated how grateful she is that the individual was caught by the FBI. “I am deeply grateful that the FBI arrested this individual before he was allegedly able to do harm to the Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center and its congregates,” said Schultz. “I will be in contact with federal and local authorities immediately and working with them to ensure our community’s places of worship — no matter what faith — are safe for all those who worship in them.”
FBI officials declined to comment on the investigation, but 7News has learned Medina will appear in federal court early this week.