Thread: NFL 2016-2017 Season

Threaded View

Thanks

Default NFL 2016-2017 Season

Once again it's time for Football. Not soccer you libtards, but actual American, break your shoulder, and knee destroying FOOTBALL! God I love this sport.

So I kept a pretty close eye on the off season of most teams. What a whirlwind it's been this year. Some decent talent in the draft seems to have broken the talent drought we've suffered the last few seasons. Because of this, some of the early teams to pick will have a chance to avoid picking early next draft. Well maybe not Cleveland lol.

But in truth even Cleveland has built a team that could see it's first real chance at making a place in their division since the real Browns left and became the Ravens. Unfortunately for them, all the other teams in their division improved except Cincinnati. And while they are still no slouch team again this year, they lost some talent and a pretty damn fine Offensive Coordinator. Pittsburgh and Baltimore both had good drafts and together it should be an interesting division to watch.

Denver is the real story here though. I mean wow. Just wow. Peyton retires, and they watched their only fire tempered QB go to Texas. A couple more free agency losses and very little acquisition means they'll all but step aside for KC this season. I definitely don't see them going to the Super Bowl again. I think the Raiders are going to make a fair showing too.

And how about Jacksonville? I think they could actually make a run for their division this year. They look good and have many pieces added to an already decent team. Blake Bortles will only get better barring injury and Andrew Luck may not look so "elite" to the experts if he falls to the Jags twice.

And finally there is the Patriots on the AFC side. Brady faces a four week suspension and it could really harm their chances this season. (one can only hope). They talked about repealing it with the Supreme Court, but honestly, is this even a question of Constitutional Rights? His lawyers must have gotten their education online overnight. Doesn't matter though because you can't really count the Patriots out. They'll win with talent or cheating... They don't care.

In the NFC we see Seattle trying to fix a team that free agency dinged up over the last few years. I'd say they did decently and along with Arizona they're basically the only two teams in that division worth considering. The Rams will have a new home, but all the same players that failed them in the past. The 49'ers are a one trick pony in my book and they have a QB that doesn't really want to be there. That's never good.

Carolina and Atlanta seek to upset each other in order to make it to the Conference Championship Game this season and have pretty solid teams to do it with. I have issue with Newton though. He's a damn fine QB, but his ego trips him up and makes for an interesting locker room dynamic. I don't think they repeat either this season, but they have a far better chance than Denver. Who knows, maybe Brees has one good season in him and will take the Saints to the big game... It could happen.

Green Bay is the only team in the NFC North I like this season. The Vikes are ok and all, but I think Aaron Rodgers always gives the Packers a chance for a win. All in all I don't see their division getting past the first game of the playoffs.

The NFC East is always an interesting division. 4 teams that can all be considered division leader any given year. Dallas made some key improvements, but unlike the "experts", I don't think Romo is elite. Maybe with a different team that would have been a different story, but he's with Dallas. That said, I think they win their division this year even with their warts. Eli isn't Peyton and while he has two rings (both against the Patriots lol), he hasn't really done much of late to endear me to his play. Snyder's skins have the issue of an owner that needs traded if you ask me, but since that isn't likely I'll just have to say their chances are slightly better than last season. Philly could be the real surprise though. I think they're gonna be ready for a Super Bowl run any season now.

Now with all that I'll tell you which teams I think are likely to make it to the Super Bowl this season... I'll claim my account here was hacked if I'm wrong and have to choose differently later in the season. Hacked by Phil. Why Phil? Just because. That's how I roll.

So I think on the NFC side the three teams most likely are Seattle, Carolina, or Philly. On the AFC side I think Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or New England. A side note here on the Eagles and Bengals... If they don't make it this season I'd still keep them as possibles next. They have the best rounded teams not likely to be destroyed by cap or free agency after the year ends IMO. That's important when they go to draft as they can build instead of patch.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Baldwin For This Useful Post:

Ryan Ruck (July 17th, 2016)

Thread Information