Guys.... I'm putting this thread up for real time discussion.

Here's what I have heard today, things that have me HIGHLY concerned.

1) Putin abolished his current government this morning, Russia time and appointed a new Prime Minister, wholly unknown to either the US or to the Russians. This is something that needs to be watched VERY CLOSELY.

2) The US is OPENLY considering military strikes against Iran this morning. Making the news on FOX at least.

3) A FOX news alert this morning skirted this issue quickly, and nothing new has been heard from this this morning, but APPARENTLY Israeli aircraft have made a big strike on Syria. Variously, I heard "to take out possible nuclear weapons" and "to take out IRANIAN WEAPONS being moved from Iran to the border with Israel". This one bears close watching as well.

4) Russia is testing a type of MOAB (Mother of All Bombs). It was tested and has the capability of using extreme amounts of energy, on the order of nuclear weapons, without using nuclear material. They are calling it the "Father of All Bombs" apparently.

Here's the deal, and what this thread is for.

Everyone reading and posting today, make a quick remark, post something, whether it's your opinion, editorial or even a new news article related to these things, or bring your own "I heard this today" message to the thread please.

Let's get some real-time discussion going about these things, rather than randomly posting messages. Let's have some pointed discussion here in this thread for a few days and see what we can come up with.

Rick

PS Consider this like "Think Tanking".