Thread: South Korean Movies

Threaded View

Thanks

Default South Korean Movies

So most of you are probably like, South Korean movies, wtf? Well if you haven't seen any, you are missing out. When it comes to movies, especially thrillers, South Korea owns. Also pretty much anything by Park Chan Wook is freakin gold, the guy is a genius.

My first foray into Korean cinema was "Tai Guk Gi", a movie about two brothers during the Korean war. Both fight for the south but as the war progresses the elder ends up fighting for the north. It has great combat scenes, reminiscent of Private Ryan, with great sfx. It goes a little over the top some times but over all a great war movie.

Next up was "The Host", kind of a science fiction/ monster movie centered around a family. This was just a great movie. Good plot, good acting and good sfx when needed. This isn't about the monster so much as a family trying to cope with tragedy though. But don't let that put you off, this is a solid movie, very enjoyable. Also some extremely funny parts that will make you laugh out loud.

I have about a half dozen more to add to the list, will do so later, I'm being told I have more important things to do right now. I would also love to hear about any great Korean movies you have seen.
    Last edited by catfish; April 1st, 2011 at 04:43. Reason: speleng

Thread Information