I'm not sure of how big a deal the shooting of 2 deputy sheriff's in Florida was outside of Florida so I figured I'll tell you guys about some heros we have down here.

On Thurs. Sept. 28, Deputy Sheriff Vernon "Matt" Williams and his K-9 "Diogi" were both shot and killed while backing up another deputy, Deputy Sheriff Douglas Speirs, on a motor vehicle stop. Deputy Speirs was also shot and wounded.

The scumbag...now deceased...was identified as Angilo Freeland.
The scumbag shot Deputy Williams EIGHT TIMES....including one shot behind the deputy's right ear. Deputy William's K-9 may have bitten the scumbag in the encounter, in which the K-9 was shot and killed.

The scumbag also exchanged gunfire with Lakeland PD officers shortly afterwards but managed to escape.

Over the next 24 hours, more than 500 heavily armed officers engaged in a huge manhunt for this piece of shit. They used helicopters, horses, night vision gear, and just plain old beating the bush.

The next day, Friday, Sept. 29...while searching for this piece of shit, a group of SWAT team members discovered the scumbag hiding under a fallen oak tree. The scumbag chose to brandish a handgun after disregarding officers commands. The handgun that the scumbag brandished was a .45 automatic and was the stolen service weapon of Deputy Williams.

The 9 SWAT team members then fired at the scumbag. They fired 110 rounds in all. 68 of those rounds struck the scumbag.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd's reaction?

I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had. We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back. You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured another deputy"Judd said by phone Saturday.

"Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

The Sheriff is basically telling anyone who may object to the number or rounds fired...."F-you". My hat is off to this guy.

The point of my story is just to salute ALL the heroes in this story.

Deputy Sheriff Vernon "Matt" Williams.....rest in peace.

Police K-9 "Diogi".....rest in peace.

Deputy Sheriff Douglas Speirs...get well soon, brother.

The Lakeland PD officers who traded shots with the scumbag

Those 9 SWAT team members who sent that piece of shit to hell.

Each and every one of the cops who participated in the manhunt. Some drove for HOURS to come to help find their brother's killer. God bless them all and keep them safe.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd..... I watched this guy on tv and radio right from the beginning and the people of Polk County and the Polk County Sheriff's Department can be proud of this man.

Tomorrow we'll lay Deputy Sheriff Vernon Williams to rest. Fittingly, the ashes of his friend , companion and partner K-9 "Diogi" will be interred with Deputy Williams.

Deputy Williams leaves behind a wife...daughter....and two sons. Deputy William's death must be extra hard for his wife because he was killed on his wife's birthday.

If there is anyone here who would like to help Deputy William's family....

Mail your donation check, made out to the "Matt Williams Family Trust Fund," to:

Wachovia Bank

c/o Marilyn Watson

203 Avenue A

Winter Haven, FL 33881

Here's some links:

http://www.polksheriff.org/

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs...9007/1078/news

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2512737

Please help the William's family....The family will appreciate it and so will I.