Thread: Terminator Genisys

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Terminator Genisys

I've been a Terminator fan since the release of the first movie in the mid-eighties. I'm really looking forward to Arnold's return to the franchise.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Re: Terminator Genisys

Superficially, I'm not impressed with the casting of John Connor. They can never seem to get that right. However, Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor look pretty good.
    Last edited by MinutemanCO; December 5th, 2014 at 19:14.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw the trailer earlier and am also looking forward to it since I'm a fan of the Terminator series too.

Agree with you on the casting of John Connor. Jason Clarke is a pretty decent actor (I liked him in the new Planet of the Apes and the short lived series on Fox The Chicago Code) but this new one is set only 11 years in the future from the 4th movie which was released 5 years ago. Why in God's name couldn't they have just recast Christian Bale as John Connor for just a little bit of continuity? I just don't get it...

I can work with the casting of Jai Courtney as Reese since in Salvation he was about 15-16.

Emilia Clarke looks like she's 12, LOL! Just seems like they could have cast someone a little older looking, especially since she's supposed to be paired with Jai Courtney. I know they're the same age but on screen it looks like a big age difference.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

She does look 12. At first I thought she was a reasonable facsimile of Linda Hamilton's character.

Christian Bale was a good Connor, even though the movie was a departure from the original series. Actually, I think the best John Connor was the guy you see in short clips into the future from T2. He was a badass.

This guy...

Just a guess, but I bet Bale, in all his arrogance, either rejected the deal or wanted too much money (or creative control).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MinutemanCO; December 6th, 2014 at 15:26.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    She does look 12. At first I thought she was a reasonable facsimile of Linda Hamilton's character.

Christian Bale was a good Connor, even though the movie was a departure from the original series. Actually, I think the best John Connor was the guy you see in short clips into the future from T2. He was a badass.

This guy...

At least they tried to give a little consistency with the scarring.

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCO View Post
    Just a guess, but I bet Bale, in all his arrogance, either rejected the deal or wanted too much money (or creative control).
    I think that is a very definite possibility.

Thanks

Ok, I watched the trailer a couple of times.

1) John Connor is John Connor. No matter who plays him.

2) Sara Connor is too "young", or maybe she isn't. Remember this is a "reset". Time streams got horked up...

3) I like the fact that Arnold is back. Both as the young one and the Old one. The Old one is just aging as would be normal with human skin. Makes sense.

4) I'll go see it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the idea of it and will see it as well. The prior movie lost me a tad, but this renews it. This series needs Arnold and for a while he was a governor whom I voted for. I know some disliked him as governor, but he did some things I was especially content with.

Thread Information